Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Welcome Home

Sasuke, Naruto, and Kakashi have just returned home from a mission that lasted them two years. In that time Sakura has become a member of the ANBU, and a respected medicnin. How will Kakashi react to seeing his student all grown up?

Chapter 1 - Welcome Home

Chapter 1 - Welcome Home
The young kunoichi sat along the grassy shore with her bare feet dangling in the cool water below her. The trees provided a nice getaway from the hot summer sun beating down upon Konoha. She looked over to the man next to her on her left, his nose deep inside a copy of the latest volume of Come Come Paradise. He ran his fingers through his silver locks before looking up at the pink haired medic-nin, even with the mask on she could see him smile at her. She then looked to her other side, and smiled at the blond haired ninja. Finally she looked over at the last man. He looked up at her with a faint smile on his lips as he brushed his dark hair out of his eyes. Her boys were finally home after a mission that took them away from her for over two years, and she could not be any happier now that they were here with her. Team seven was together again.

In the time that it took the men in her life to complete their mission Sakura had become one of Konoha’s best medic ninjas. After Kakashi, Naruto, and Sasuke departed for their mission, Tsunade had found it in Sakura’s best interest to train daily with the Hokage, and to become the head of the medical division of Konoha’s elite ninja. A member of the ANBU. It had taken almost two full years, but she was able to pull it off with hard training and the support of those around her.

Kakashi’s uncovered eye traveled from the text in his adult novel to the dark tattoo on the porcelain like skin of his former student. It was a symbol triumph, determination and loyalty to their village. He had taught his students well, but now he was no longer their sensei because all three of them were members of the ANBU. They were equals in his eyes, and in the eyes of the villagers.

Naruto looked over to the final member of the Uchiha bloodline. With his brother finally gone Sasuke could work on building a family and a heir to the Uchiha family, as well as the Uchiha curse. The tragic nature of the family had been around for generations, and hopefully it would end with Uchiha Sasuke.

Sasuke closed his eyes and sighed. When he opened them back up Naruto was still staring at him. His blue eyes glistening in the sunlight. He was only nineteen, and had been through so much already. But it was like he refused to burden anyone with his pain. He hid it behind his broad smile, and his immature pranks. But that was the Naruto that they all knew and loved, nothing more was expected of him.

Team seven sat in silence, no one wanting to ruin the peaceful sounds of the rushing water of the chirping of the birds. They watched as twilight came and the sun disappeared under the horizon.

“Its so nice to be home.” Naruto sighed as he lay himself down on the shore beside Sakura. She merely nodded in response as she placed her head on his legs and relaxed next to him.

Kakashi looked up from his favorite orange hardcover book, and smiled at his team. “It is great to finally be back.”

“Yeah, I really missed you three.”

“Don’t worry Sakura-chan,” Naruto began “We really missed you too.”

They sat in silence again as the four of them watched the stars twinkle in the night sky. The full moon was visible behind the tall trees.

An hour or so passed before Sasuke stood up to leave. He turned to Sakura. “It was great seeing you again, but I do have plans with a girl tonight, and I don’t want to keep her waiting.”

Naruto laughed. He knew exactly who Sasuke was talking about. Since they had left for their mission the Uchiha boy had been keeping close contact with Yamanaka Ino, and he was supposed to meet her for a ‘welcome home dinner’ tonight.

Naruto sat up for a moment. “Are you going to ask her?”

“Yeah, I think I will.” Sasuke winked at the blond boy, and left in a cloud of smoke.

Sakura looked over at Naruto with a questioning glance. “Ask who what?”

“Its nothing, but you can ask Ino about it later.” Naruto laughed.

Sakura just nodded in response. She could begin to piece together what was happening with out having to hear the entire story. Sasuke was still looking for someone to raise a family with, and Ino still had her school girl crush on the last remaining soul of the Uchiha clan. It would not take a rocket scientist to figure out that Sasuke was going to ask for Ino’s hand in marriage.

Sakura had long forgotten her crush on the Uchiha boy, and had begun to consider him as a part of her family. She was always there to care for him when he was ill, and she was there to comfort him when he needed security. After all, that is what family is for, to be there for you no matter what the situation may be.

She would always be there for the three men in her life. No matter what. Sasuke. Naruto. Kakashi. Her team. Her boys. Her family.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on June 19, 2008, 1:15:55 AM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDAwh! That's so cute ^_^ Keep going!

kogalover2013 on April 26, 2008, 1:52:29 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013oh how sweet

Darth_Joosh1016 on December 8, 2006, 1:01:45 AM

Darth_Joosh1016 on
Darth_Joosh1016Oh, that's nice. You're good. Sasuke and Ino? Not my taste, but it's not my story, now is it?