Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

My first crossover, and my first fanfic in quite some time. HP/Legend of Dragoon crossover.

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two
Title: Chains of Fate
Authoress: Pervy Slytherin Fancier

The Obligatory A/N:
To my reviewers: *blinkblink* You're DawningStar. *bows*

Thanks to DawningStar for my first review (ever!), and rest assured, your questions will be answered in coming chapters. I do, indeed, appreciate reviews that are more than ‘OMGLOLWTFBBQ!!11!!!one!!eleventy!!!1 UR SOTRY ROX GURL!11!’, including ones that question my plot. Thanks to you, I figured out how in the world I was going to get the rest of the stones into Tiberius’s possession. Thus, this chapter might be dedicated to DawningStar for pointing things out.

The Also Common Second A/N:
In case you’re wondering, this is only my third fanfiction. My first one was written about 5 years ago (when Pokemon was cool and this computer was new…yikes!), and my second one two years ago (before Dragon Ball Z finally sputtered out and died). Hopefully, me writing fanfiction isn't some sign from the cosmos that the fandom is about to go under.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Bill stood, amazed, as the boy gently touched back down to the ground and was awash in light once more. Moments later, Tiberius stood in front of him once again. With a huff, Tiberius replaced the blue stone in his pocket, patted it, and began walking back to the passageway into the antechamber.

"Wait!" Bill called, after pulling out of his stupor and jogging after the boy, "Who ARE you? Where did you get such power?" Tiberius smirked, and once again, Bill was strongly reminded of Lucius Malfoy's boy.

"Such power, the power of the Dragoon, comes to chosen people from my world. Ironic, isn't it?" he added, almost an aside as he glanced at the paintings on the wall, his mood changing rapidly, "Heh...ironic that such power would choose me, when it was this power that destroyed my people." Bill looked at the paintings again.

"What are you talking about--"

"That's why the stones were sent here," Tiberius said. Bill furrowed his brow, exasperated. Had this boy been raised by Jarveys? He'd never seen such rudeness. "When the power of the Dragoon emerges, disaster is imminent. War, catastrophe, chaos," Tiberius motioned to the paintings again, "...It always comes when the Dragoons are summoned by fate. Needless to say, the people of Endiness were not amused when more Dragoon spirits made themselves known. We didn't want another Dragon Campaign, so several attempts to destroy the stones were made. All of the attempts failed. That was when my people stepped in.

"We needed to get the stones as far away from us as possible. We wanted no more of the destruction and pain and suffering that comes with Dragoons. Our attempt to rid ourselves of the stones required so much of our magic...the exertion nearly killed many in my village, even with the help of the people of Ulara." He sighed and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "If I hadn't been recognized by the spirit of the Blue Freeze Dragon, and thus kept the stone, it would have been impossible. We just don't have the power anymore...but by only having to send 6 stones instead of 7, we were able to get rid of them, once and for all."

"Wait a second, hold on," Bill butted in, much to the chagrin of Tiberius, "Why didn't they notice that only 6 stones were going through?" Tiberius's gaze dropped to the floor, and he kicked a small chip of stone.

"They did notice. When they found that I had been recognized, they panicked. They feared that this foretold more destruction...perhaps anger from Soa over our defeat of his master plan. We sent the stones to another world...where we were sure they could never find their way back to us, and then..." He sighed, and was silent for a moment, "...then I was exiled." Bill's expression softened.

"Oh...I'm very sorry," Bill responded. Tiberius just started grumbling.

"Yeah, you're sorry, I'm sorry, everyone's sorry about it. And then to add insult to the injury, where do they exile me to? Certainly not someplace like Mayfil, no, they send me here! To this place with too many humans, and more turmoil than they could even begin to handle in Endiness..." His tirade ended when he slumped up against the wall. He looked up at Bill, his red eyes strangely misty. "Has it always been like this here? Has there always been this much pain and suffering? All this war and chaos? Or is it just since I've been here?" His gaze dropped once more, and Bill had a strong suspicion that the boy was crying. He wasn't quite sure why, but a paternal instinct suddenly washed over him, and he laid a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault. It's always been like this..." Tiberius shrugged his hand off, then stood up and wiped his nose.

"That's why I had to find the rest of the stones," he continued, his voice a little squeaky. "I just want to get back home...if I could gather all 7 stones, I could channel their power and get back home. I don't care if they don't want me," he mumbled, clearing his throat, "I...I just want to go home." Bill nodded and stood as well.

"I understand...Hell, I'd want to go home, too, if that was my case," he replied. Who wouldn't? Especially a kid his age. "Hey, speaking of home, why don't you come back with me? I'm sure Mum will let you stay long enough to figure out how you'll get back to wherever you're from." Tiberius looked at him warily, seeming to weigh his options. After a few moments of silent deliberation, Tiberius gave him a quick nod.

"All right, but just long enough to find my way home. I won't stay a minute longer," the boy replied. Bill's expression lightened.

"Sounds good! In fact, my brother's friend may be able to help you. She's so smart, it's scary sometimes," Bill answered, leading the way back into the Antechamber. He was certain that Hermione would be able to help, somehow.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-E.n.d.C.h.2.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Yeah, I know, rather short, but I really should be getting on to my homework now, and then starting the other fic I have in mind. It probably won't be up until I'm a good way into this one, but we'll see.

...Yup. This chapter is dedicated to DawningStar, for being awesome. Oh, and for reviewing me. For the two or three people reading this, I strongly recommend her stuff. She is an amazing writer, and her stuff should be required reading for Legend of Dragoon fans. *bows to her again*

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment