Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - One

Okay, this is about Sabjuh (a very good friend of mine) and me, going to Japan. Or rather, Tokyo. Rather still, Sunset Shrine. Teeheehee. You'll see where this is going. Just Read!

Chapter 1 - One

Chapter 1 - One
`Where d'you reckon we are?' I asked.
`I don't know, a long way from home?'
`Come on, take a guess.'
`Uhm...above China?'
`I'm guessing Mongolia.'
`Let's ask one of the stewardesses.'
`You ask, I've asked too much peanuts for them to like me.'
`Miss?'
A bouncy stewardess came over. She reminded me of someone on sugar high.
`How can I help you?'
`I wanted to now above wich country we are.'
`We're just passing the border between Mongolia and China.'
`Thank you.'
`So, we were both right.'
`Yup.'
`How long will it be till we land in Tokyo?'
`I don't know.'
`I hope we'll be there soon, I can't wait!'
`What I can't do, is believe that our parents actually agreed to let us go with this trip.'
`Neither can I. But I think they knew that we would've disowned them forever if they didn't.'
A lot of peanuts later, we were told to straighten our chairs and put out our cigarettes, because we would be landing soon. We got all exited when the plain touched the ground, and as soon as we could, we stormed out of the tube leading to the airport. Once we had our bags and other stuff, we looked around and gaped at everything. It was all pretty big. We walked over to a big window and looked out. All we saw were lights, blinking and changing colours, every where we looked. Somebody cleared his throat behind us, and we turned around. A tall man was standing there, smiling at us.
`Are you the two girls from Holland?' he asked.
`Yes, we are,' Sabrina said.
`Come on, I'll take you to your hotel.'
We followed the guy, and he took us to a cab, which drove us through all the flickering lights. Sabrina and I were glued to the windows, trying to see everything there was to see. The man who'd picked us up, Hojo, brought us up to our room and told us that we could spend tomorrow in the city on ourselves, as the other people of the tour were still to come. We thanked him (Arigato, Hojo!) and he smiled at our feeble attempt to speak Japanese. After that, he left again, and we couldn't fight the urge to jump on the beds. As I settled down again and looked out of the window, I noticed a red arch nearby.
`Hey, Sab, look! It's a shrine!'
`How do you know?'
`Because that's what Japanese shrines look like in every cartoon!'
`Oh yeah, I see what you mean. What of it?'
`Shall we visit it tomorrow?'
`Sure, but right now, I'm pretty tired.'
`Yeah, I guess we're suffering from jet-lag.'
We both changed into our sleeping stuff and lay down on our beds. A moment later, everything was quiet as we'd fallen asleep.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment