Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I Have a Dream of My Own

This is a school project i had to do, i hope i get an "A" i have to turn it in tommorow. The teacher asked us to write out own "I have a dream speech" like Mr. Martin Luther King [can't remember if it was jr. or not, i don;t mean to offend! i just do

Chapter 1 - I Have a Dream of My Own

Chapter 1 - I Have a Dream of My Own
Marissa Risner
Aug.25.04
I Have a Dream

I have a dream that one day all types of people will love and be loved. Big women can be accepted into the world as equal right women. A right to purchase clothes for not the price of how much fabric is used—but of the same price of every size. Where big women, tall women, skinny women, and strong women and be loved and adored no matter what they look like. May they be cherishing by the love in their hearts, and not by the outer beauty they behold. I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day all gays and lesbians will be able to marry, and be accepted into the world as normal marriage couples, and not by freaks or fags or dikes or any other rude explicit name. Their love will be cherished just as strait people’s love is cherished, and they will be able to adopt any child if they please without controversy. This dream I say, will stay. For I have a dream today!
I dream of a world where any ethnic person may marry any one they please without disappointment of parents or society. Mixed races in a family only brings out more color and artistic background in a family tree, so thus let my dream be seen to the people of the world, for I have a dream today. Also, may every race be judged by their character, and not how they look? For prejudice is a crime against all humane, all sacred in the world. Oh, how I have a dream today!
May the people of black leather and cold chains be accepted and respected just as anyone else. Let the pink and the fuzzy are happy and full of sunshine to show the world I much fun place. The pink and the black will no longer be separated out of fury for one another. Instead, let them join together and accept one another’s ways of style and thought instead of argument thought and mean words of pain. For in my dream, all people are accepted for their unique ideas and always try to find a way to compromise with one another, to avoid confrontation.
Those of piercing, leather, chains, and spikes are accepted into business jobs of high corporation not for what they look like, but for how well they can do a job. There will be no dress code at the business office, and everyone will have a decent view of the window! Let every color of the rainbow be on the scalps of working class, and still be accepted into their working places without dirty looks. For a mix of colors is beautiful and should be thought highly on, for not as a childish way to treat hair, but for an amazing artistic way to treat hair! All opinions of the people can be heard and thought over with a high ranking person—for fairness and equal share. For personal needs and style is a wonderful way to live. Let man and every woman be paid equally if they are working in the same rank together. And let raises only are given to those who truly show quality work and business sacrifice.
Not only are my dreams are at the office of the working person, but also of the young people of the local schools! There will be soda machines that will serve orange and tropical punch sodas in al vendors, there will also be servings of every flavor icee’s in the lunch room to any student who wishes to purchase them. Every room will have a plasma TV in the classroom, but not for the special hi-tech-ness of it all, but because plasma’s don’t take up much of the room and can give off great picture and sound; along will a DVD player be in every class room for hi definition televising. There will also be a Free Lance Writer’s club and Cartooning club to anyone who would wish to join in during or after school activities! Oh, how I have a dream today. I dream of the prom not being in honor of the high school royalties, but for the celebration of better learning skills and brighter educations in the future! And sophomores will be accepted to them!
And in these great dreams I fear there are nightmares, but for the young people who wish to go seek young teen adventure in near by clubs and dance parties. Let them dance and boogie the night away without fear of being kidnapped, raped, and killed! There will always be a safe place to party at without any worry of bad things happening to them! And cheap snack prices! And if a person does not wish to dance they will gladly be escorted to the club lounge and set aside from the loud music of beating dancers—but set to a room of slight silence and old classic music of Mozart, Balzac, and other classics. If the people not like the type of music, they can happily enjoy the complimentary headphones on each café table and choose what type of music we have in store, or bring their favorite music of their own.
I will leave now, still having these dreams in mind of how to make the world better and brighter. And I will still have these dreams as I leave, but in ending terms I would like to add, I do not only want these wonderful things to happen in the free lands of America and maybe Canada, but I would also want freedom like this all around the world! To let everyone see my vision of better tomorrow’s, of brighter days, and happier people. Let this message reach all posts of public press, all ears to those who wish to speak out their mind on such a subject, to let it echo on every radio dial so everyone may hear and see, of my vision! Let it be heard! Let it be heard.

....Solid! ^.^

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

tinystarkitten on August 26, 2004, 9:04:09 AM

tinystarkitten on
tinystarkitten...<br>wow <br>...<br>your teacher's an idiot if they don't give you an A. god, if only the world were really like that.

Dezi-sama on August 25, 2004, 12:39:11 PM

Dezi-sama on
Dezi-samaWERES THE SEX?!?!!?