Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - in the present

a girl [[Ciro]] and her brother[[Watatashi]] have lost there parents and are now living the cinderella story of a life time.It takes place in Japan and is now exsceeding 20 pages it's far from over with. :) includes [[spirits,demonds,fairies,]]

Chapter 2 - in the present

Chapter 2 - in the present
Back in the present

BEEP! BEEP! BE-, my hand smashed onto the snooze button of my alarm clock. Stupid contraptions, all it does is wake me of my pleasant dreams, to bring me back to my not so pleasant reality. I stubbornly untangled my legs from the warmth of my covers to greet the cold, hard, tiled floor. The first thing I did was dash for my socks. It was winter and the cold would always sneak its way into my bedroom. I had a restroom all to my self, and since the house was so big so did everyone else. I went in search of some proper attire to wear in weather like this and came across my court style long sleeve Chinese dress. Its sleeves were so long they almost touched the ground. It was designed like a robe so there was a red gown underneath, with a red band that connected the robe with the gown. The robe was blue with a green outline and it was made of silk. It was the only long sleeve thing in my closet so it would have to do for now. After I got dressed I brushed my long waist length black hair and was now gathering my school supplies.

“CIRO, YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE HURRY UP!” yelled a rather aggravated Watashi.
I simply brushed off the urge to yell something smart back and headed down stairs. There I was met with a rather grim looking Kimi who had just found out that she was in my brother’s class. It would make sense since they were both eight years old. Kiki was only seven so she was a year behind them and would be attending her second year, as for the other two they would attend there third. I was eleven so would be the only one of the four to attend the sixth year, meaning I would go to a different school than them. It was the second week of school but I felt that I already knew the school like the back of my hand. My thoughts were interrupted as a very loud Kimi cut in.

“ BUT THAT’S NOT FAIR!” she tried to persuade her mother.
“ Stop being so rude, besides your teachers are the ones who decided this, not me,” she came back rather calmly.
Kimi walked away knowing that she had lost the fight, muttering something along the lines of “ stupid school”. My brother wasn’t too fond of her either, why they did not get along was beyond me. I walked over to the small island in the middle of the kitchen to stand next to my brother who was impatiently waiting for my cousins and I so that he could go to school. Kimi came back in the kitchen and we all walked out the front door. My face was greeted with a freezing bite of wind. My hair was now playing tug of war with it and seemingly the wind was winning. My hair tossed about my numb face as I stuffed my hands in my dress pockets. There was a little frost glazing over the once green grass and my boots were crunching old fall leaves as I walked along the pavement. Kimi was continuously complaining about the cold as the others soon joined. I was silent, I have to admit that I am quieter and have been isolating myself from others lately, but I would never bellow that out loud. I wish that something would happen that caused life to be more enjoyable or exciting. Something that lead my mind away from pondering over past events, but sadly nothing has had that power over me, yet. My brother dealt with the pain in his own way, his way meaning he was louder and more annoying than ever. I didn’t say much to him about it though for he does not encourage me to be more talkative. Our school was a good thirty-minute walk, I would always use these thirty minutes to think or catch up on the latest gossip from my siblings. My brother and I have always considered Kiki and Kimi siblings, which would explain the continuous fighting. I hadn’t realized this before, for I was deep in my own thought, that Kiki had snuggled up against me. Her teeth were chattering crazily as she searched for any type of warmth.

“ Were here!” screamed my brother and Kimi in unison.
“Well good for them,” I thought. I still had to walk another five minutes to get to my school. I walked on by before finally coming across the building I was looking for. I stepped through the double doors and happily greeted the warmth of heat that unfroze my numb cheeks. My nose was red with cold and my cheeks were still flushed but it was still nice to feel warmth. I went to my classroom and sat at my assigned seat between the two dumbest people in the class. Everyone thinks that they are funny, the class clown, but I just refer to them as dumb. I only have one friend since I am generally quiet now and don’t really greet others or try to make friends. Taruna walked in and sat in her assigned seat behind me.
“ Hey Ciro did you here that we might get a snow day tomorrow?” she asked whispering the best she could.
“Yes, by you,” I retorted smartly. It was in a joking manner though, and she knew it so she laughed it off.
“You crack me up you know that?” she asked a rhetorical question, but I answered anyways.
“ Because I’m just so funny,” I said emotionless, which just made her laugh more.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment