Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

What happens when Yumi comes down sick, but no one knows what it is she has? Does X.A.N.A have anything to do with it? Will Ulrich be able to save her? Find out in my first ever Code Lyoko fanafic! R&R Pairings: AxJ YxU OxS(Maybe)

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Well, I was told it was just a little too.....scrunched.....together. So, I tried to make it a little more spaced, but not too spaced. And I can't really figure out where the stupid spelling check thing on here is, so I can't respell a misspell. Sorry. So, if you come across a misspelled word, than just imagine it spelled correctly. After all, I hate English...>> Mrs. Nolan is way mean...I think I failed that essay she told us to do.....turned it in a week late...Sigh Oh well....here's the second chapter. Third coming up soon.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



In the Infirmary



"Now tell me again how this happened..." Dorothy looked towards Odd and Ulrich who were trying to tell her what had happened. "Well, see, we were just walking around the school and she just suddenly passed out." She looked cautiously at the two boys, feeling they weren't telling the whole truth.



Sensing that she was becoming suspicious, Ulrich took over, "She told me she hadn't been feeling well, though...just before she had passed out. We had told her to sit down and rest for a bit, but she said not to worry about it and we kept on walking. Then, she suddenly just passed out. Odd and I were the only ones around, and we couldn't just leave her there to go get help, so we brought her here ourselves."



She gave Ulrich an awkward look and then turned towards Odd, who quickly reacted with a quick nod. She walked back over to Yumi, who was passed out laying on one of the small beds in the room, and placed her hand flat on her forehead. "Hm...It seems her fever has died down. As far as I can tell from this point, she will be fine. But we won't know until she regains her consciousness. The heat may have just overwhelmed her, being as hot as it was today, or it could be related to stress. Either way, I'm calling her parents and letting them know about this..."



The two boys looked to each other with a small smile of relief, knowing that Yumi should be okay now. Dorothy spoke up towards them as she reached the door leading to the hallway, "It seems that somebody thought it would be funny to hide the cord to my phone, so I can't use mine. I'm going to the office real quick to use one of the other phones to call her parents. Will you two watch her for a few minutes until I get back?" They both nodded and she walked out of the room, the door closing quietly behind her.



Odd looked over to Ulrich with a bigger smile on his face, "Well, I guess it was just a false alarm! Guess there isn't anything to worry about after all! Yumi's going to be fine." A familiar voice interrupted their small conversation, "What happened?" They both turned towards the voices direction, suprised, "Yumi!"



Ulrich was the first to reach her as they raced to her side from the other end of the room. "Hey guys...what's all the fuss about?" She asked in confusion as she sat up in the bed, looking back and forth at the two on either side of her. "Nothing much, all except for the part where after we deactivated the last tower and you were dematerialized, we found you laying unconscious in your scanner."



"Well, that explains why I'm here in the infirmary, but where are Jeremy and Aelita?" Odd was the first to answer that question, "Jeremy and Aelita are back in Jeremy's room trying to see if you passing out in the scanner has anything to do with X.A.N.A." Ulrich nodded to Yumi as she looked to him for confirmation.



Dorothy came back in a few seconds later, heading straight over to Yumi's side as she noticed that she had awakened, "It seems your awake now. Well, I've called your parents. They'll be here shortly to pick you up. My suggestion is to go home and get plenty of rest. You should be better tomorrow." She looked towards the boys and smiled at them, "And you two should head back up to your rooms. Its getting late and you must be tired. She'll be fine now. Go on..." She lead the two of them out of the room and closed the door behind them gently.



They both looked at each other with a small smile and then looked down the hall. Ulrich looked back at Odd before they began to walk again as he pulled out his phone, though, "I'll call Jeremy and give him and Aelita the heads up." "Right..." Odd began to walk as Ulrich slowly followed behind, pressing buttons until he came across Jeremy's number and pressed the talk button, putting the phone up to his ear.



Jeremy's room



Jeremy's phone suddenly went off, making him jump slightly. "Yeesh...talk about unexpected. Can you get that please, Aelita? My hands are kind of tied at the moment..." He continued typing on his computer, entering in more codes and formulas into his computer.



She picked up the phone and pressed the talk button, placing it up to her ear, "Hello?"



"Aelita?" Ulrich's voice sounded over the other end. "Ulrich! How's Yumi?" She asked quickly, a bit of worry sounding in her voice. A small laugh came from Ulrich's end as Odd took the phone from him, "Hey, Aelita! Yumi's fine now. Her parents are going to come pick her up." She let out a sigh of relief, "Phew...that's good." More sound could be heard from the other end again as Ulrich reclaimed his phone and began to talk into it once again, "Hey. We'll be right up. See ya there." A click could be heard as he pressed the talk button once again, ending the call.



Jeremy took a break from typing after putting in a couple more codes, turning his chair around to face her with a questioning look on his face. "So? What was up?"



She looked back at him with a smile on her face, "It was Ulrich and Odd. They had just left the infirmary and are heading over here now. They said that Yumi is okay now." Jeremy let out a sigh as he leaned back in his chair, "That's a big relief..."



Just then, the door to the room swung open and Odd and Ulrich came bursting in, gasping for breath. "Aw man! I almost beat you that time!" Odd slumped down on Jeremy's bed, whipping the sweat from his forehead as Ulrich leaned against the wall with a smile on his face. "Told you I'd beat you." Aelita let out a small giggle at the two, making the two of them laugh as well.



Jeremy interrupted as he cleared his throat, " Um. I hate to interrupt this great conversation, but I'd just thought I'd let you know that the super scanner hasn't picked up any sign of an activated tower anywhere on Lyoko." Aelita looked over at Jeremy, the smile on her face fading, "Jeremy...what if X.A.N.A has found a way to avoid the detection of the super scanner? Maybe there's a bug or something? I mean, it's happened before." He nodded at the suggestion. "Yes, you're correct, but I've already scanned the area time and time again, and still have found nothing. And besides, we deactivated the tower, so how could this be any attack?"



"Well, Mr. Einstein...We already know that X.A.N.A is able to activating more than one tower. It's happened before. What if Aelita's right? What if he's found a way around the scanner?" Jeremy let out another sigh, but this one was more of a frustrated sigh. "All right...all right...we can head over to the factory tomorrow and check Lyoko ourselves...if there is, in fact, another activated tower, than all we have to do is deactivate it."



They all nodded in agreement before Ulrich spoke up, "We can leave right after breakfast." "All right than. It's settled." Jeremy stated as he saved what he had been doing just a few minutes ago before closing everything on his computer and shutting it off for the night.



Ulrich and Odd waved good-bye as they walked out of the room and started heading back to their rooms for the night, "See you guys tomorrow! They're having waffles for breakfast in the morning! Yes!" Ulrich laughed quietly towards him, "Odd, you really are hopeless."



Aelita looked back towards Jeremy, blushing a light pink, "So...I guess I'll...see you in the morning?" Jeremy saw her blushing as he looked towards her, making him blush as well. "Um...yeah..." Aelita leaned over to him and gave him a peck on the cheek, "Goodnight Jeremy." She began to blush a deeper red as he slowly mumbled 'Goodnight'. They waved to each other until she had reached the stairs, which weren't too far away.



He walked back into his room, holding his cheek as he fell back on his bed, blushing an even deeper red than before. "Wow..." A big smile played across his face as that moment played again and again in his head. "Aelita..."



Yumi's house



She picked up her phone as it began to ring on the small table next to her. She clicked the talk button as she slowly brought it up to her ear, hearing Ulrich's voice on the other end, "Ulrich?"



"Yumi! Hey...um...I thought I would just call to let you know that we're going to the factory tomorrow after breakfast." Confusion once again placed itself upon her face, "What for?" She could hear him sighing on the other end. "Well, we think that X.A.N.A may have something to do with you passing out in the scanner. Nothing showed up on the super scanner, but we think that he may have found a way to get past the scanner's detection. So, we're going to Lyoko to check for ourselves."



She sat up in her bed, "I'm coming too then." "But what if you pass out again?" "I won't go onto Lyoko than...I'll just stay with Jeremy. But I'm still coming, either way." "All right then...Meet us at the sewer entrance after breakfast, kay?" Even though she knew he couldn't see it, she nodded, "All right than. See you there." She clicked the talk button again, ending the phone call. She placed her phone back down on the small table next to her bed and laid back down, having trouble getting back to sleep due to the thoughts that kept popping up in her head from the conversation...



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Well, hope you liked it...its the best I could do for the moment...it seems that I've either come down with a slight cold or my allergies are really getting to me and I can't think straight...especially when I get piled with work on the first day back to school....and I thought my freshman year was tough...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment