Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

What happens when Yumi comes down sick, but no one knows what it is she has? Does X.A.N.A have anything to do with it? Will Ulrich be able to save her? Find out in my first ever Code Lyoko fanafic! R&R Pairings: AxJ YxU OxS(Maybe)

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4


Alrighty then...Now that I have your full attention, I shall tell you of something...which would be my next chapter, in which I shall do this.....(Proceed to the story below to find out....)



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Ulrich watched as they hauled Yumi into the back of the ambulance on the stretcher they had strapped her on, in the front of the school. "This is all my fault....." Jeremy scolded himself as he walked back over to join Aelita, who was also watching the scene.



"It wasn't your fault, Jeremy. You didn't know this would happen....." Aelita told him as she tried her best to comfort him. "You didn't know...." "But I should've....I should've seen it coming...." He replied to her in his depressed tone of voice, not feeling any better.



----------------------



"I shouldn't have told her to come....if she hadn't of come, she would've never gotten hurt." Ulrich scolded himself as Odd patted him on the back, "Don't blame yourself.....it couldn't have been helped. Nothing could've been done to prevent it. You know that as well as I do. But what can be done right now is if you go with Yumi. I'm sure she wouldn't like to wake up all alone in the hospital by herself. And X.A.N.A might try something else while she's there, so she'll need her knight in white armor to protect her."



Ulrich smiled back at his best friend, "Thanks, Odd. You really know how to make a friend feel better." Odd smiled back at him before waving to him as he jumped into the back of the ambulance. One of the guys in the back looked at him awkwardly, "Hey! You aren't supposed to be in here!" "I'm her closest friend! Please let me go with her....It's the least I can do for her right now...."



The man let out a sigh as he looked towards the principle with a questioning look on his face. The principle looked back at him, and after some thought on the matter, he nodded his head towards them, "He can go..."



----------------------



The ambulance raced off down the road, sirens blaring as it headed towards the hospital. Odd, Aelita, and Jeremy watched for the vehicle until it disappeared from their view around a corner. The principle went back into the school to go and contact Yumi's parents and inform them on the situation.



Aelita looked back at Jeremy and Odd, "What do we do now, Jeremy?" Jeremy let out a sigh as he looked down at the ground. "Honestly, I don't know. The scan for any other activated towers came back up negative. No other activated towers were located. To say the least, I have no idea if X.A.N.A has anything to do with Yumi's condition. There isn't anything to back that theory up."



Odd walked up in front of Jeremy, grabbing onto his shoulders and slightly shaking him where he stood, "We can't just give up searching though.....Yumi's life may be on the line. What about that scan you did? Didn't you get anything from it?" Jeremy just about jumped up five feet from his spot. 'He's right! The scan I did on Yumi before the incident! I saved the data I received from the scan just before X.A.N.A had taken over the systems!' Jeremy thought excitedly to himself.



"Let's go!" Jeremy yelled to his friends as he headed back into the woods, dragging the other two by their sleeves. "Hey! Where are you dragging us off to now, Einstein?!" Odd yelled as Jeremy let go of them, letting them run themselves. "Back to the factory!"



----------------------



Ulrich waited out in the waiting room as he was instructed. They had to get Yumi stabilized before he could see her again after they had arrived at the hospital. It seemed as if it had been hours since they had arrived and had taken Yumi into emergency room. He couldn't stand not knowing if she was going to be okay or not, but the nurse told him she would come and tell him when he could go see her again, so he sat patiently.



Suddenly, the nurse who he had spoken to earlier came back to the waiting room and stood in front of him, "All right, hun....you can go see your friend now. She's in the recovery room. We managed to stabilize her." She smiled towards him, "Follow me please...."



She lead him out of the noisy waiting room and down the hall into a quieter section of the hospital. They passed a few doors from end of the hallway and walked into one of the rooms on their right. She led him to the bed at the very end of the room next to the window.........



----------------------



Odd and Aelita watched in confusion as Jeremy typed furiously on the keyboard, clicking up windows here and there until he reached a certain window and began to scroll down it. "So, Einstein.....what's all this about?" Odd interrupted him as he scrolled down more. He turned towards the two who were still looking at him as if expecting an explanation. "Well, its simple really. Just before X.A.N.A took over the controls systems to the scanner, I had managed to save the data from the scan I did on Yumi."



The looks on their faces lifted into excited, hopeful smiles of joy, "All right! That's wonderful!" Odd and Aelita went back to watching Jeremy expectantly as he went back to looking through the data. Then, suddenly...."Oh no!"



"What is it, Jeremy? Is something wrong?" Aelita asked as she placed her hand gently onto Jeremy's shoulder as he held his head firmly in his hands in disbelief. "Hey, man....you look like you're just gotten back from a horror movie....what's up? Come on! Tell us!" Odd pressed on, wanting to know what all the drama was about.



Jeremy turned towards them as he slid out from his chair and stood facing them, "X.A.N.A has managed to infect Yumi with a deadly virus....he must have infected her with it when she was devirtualized that day we found her passed out in her scanner....the only way to cure it would be to create an anti-virus, and that will take time. Not to mention that any physical strain on her body will activate the virus, causing it to drain her of her energy until there is nothing left. And, unfortunately, a return to the past won't change any of its effects."



The two who were listening were stunned by the news they had just received, understanding the deadly future that awaited their companion who now lay in the hospital, last heard in critical condition. "What do we do now, then, Jeremy?" Aelita asked, snapping out of the cruel thoughts that ran through her head that she thought might happen if they didn't do anything about it soon.



"Well, I'll call Ulrich and inform him about the situation we're in and find out how Yumi's doing. Meanwhile, you two head down to the scanners and get ready to head to Lyoko. The only way we'll be able to get the information we need for the anti-virus will be to go to sector five to recover the data we need for it. Knowing X.A.N.A, he's probably got some tricks up his sleeves for us to try and keep us away from that data and go after Ulrich and Yumi, so be careful."



The two nodded as they headed back for the elevator and Jeremy went back to typing on his computer, placing the headphone back onto his head. He pulled up the transfer data for Odd and Aelita, their pictures appearing on the screen in front of him.



"Transfer, Odd. Transfer, Aelita. Scanner, Odd. Scanner, Aelita. Virtualization." He clicked the enter button and they were transported to Lyoko. He pulled up some more data and a small screen appeared in the middle that said: "Password". He typed in "Scipio" and the screen read "Access Granted".



The huge white ball with X.A.N.A's symbol on it appeared and swallowed the two of them, transporting them to the fifth sector. Jeremy typed furiously on the keyboard once more, pulling up the connection to Ulrich's phone line. There was a dial tone....



----------------------



Ulrich pulled out his phone as it vibrated in his back pocket and clicked the talk button as he placed it to his ear, "Hello? Jeremy?" "Ulrich! We've figured out what's wrong with Yumi. X.A.N.A has infected her with a deadly virus. I'll be able to make her an anti-virus, but in order to do that, I'll need some data from sector five. I've just sent Aelita and Odd there now. How is Yumi doing now? What's her condition?"



Ulrich shook his head as he snapped out of his daze, still processing all the information he had just received from his friend on the other line, "Um...yeah...Yumi. She's, uh....They managed to stabilize her, but she's sleeping right now." "All right....well. You stay with Yumi. If X.A.N.A does decide to attack, you two head back over here pronto. If Yumi's body is put under any stress, the virus will kick in and drain her of her strength. She'll be defenseless....not to mention that not even a return trip to the past will change any of the damage the virus will have done to her. So, be careful, Ulrich."



"Um....Right....uh....." He let out a sigh, having a lot of trouble handling the situation they were in. This was bad, and it was only getting worse....If Yumi was drained of too much of her energy, than she would surely.....no. He wouldn't let that happen. He would protect her, no matter what. "All right Jeremy. I'll call you back if anything happens." "Right. Till then, take care." Ulrich nodded and clicked the talk button again, ending the call and placing his phone back into his back pocket.



He looked over to Yumi as she lay there sleeping next to him on the hospital bed. She looked peaceful now, unlike earlier, when her face was twisted in discomfort and pain when they had entered the emergency room. He reached over and grabbed her hand, which lay motionless at her side, holding it gently in his own, "Don't worry Yumi....I'll protect you...no matter what...."



----------------------



Well, what do you think? I know....not the best that I could do, but hey! Atleast it was a little bit longer than the others! Atleast....I think it is....Oh well, anyways...PLEASE REVIEW! I'll get to work on the fifth chapter soon! I've just been so busy here lately.....

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragon52 on January 21, 2006, 8:09:38 AM

dragon52 on
dragon52please don't stop now. This is just too good.