Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Poem

After getting dumpred by her boyfriend, Rei feels useless and unloved. But Usagi has something else to say about that... This is a short, sweet story about Rei and Usagi's friendship.

Chapter 1 - The Poem

Chapter 1 - The Poem
~*The Poem*~

~*By: Moon Angel*~


Rei Hino ran up the steps to her temple. She threw her bag on the ground and buried her face into her hands, trying to hide all of the tears that were flowing freely.

It had happened again. This was the 5th time. Rei had been dumped once again by her boyfriend. She couldn’t take it anymore. She walked into her room and sat on the bed and looked down at the ground. She couldn’t help but to think about... Him. The tears that she was bearing were falling yet again.

~*Right Outside the Shrine*~

Usagi Tsukino stood at the bottom of the steps of the Hiwaka Shrine. She swore she just saw Rei crying. Then that must have been it. Her low-rate boyfriend dumped her.

Luna approached the girl, “You know Usagi, it would be nice if you did something to cheer her up.”

“Like what?” Usagi looked down at the black feline.

“Like write her a poem,” Luna suggested. “I hear that’s what you have to do for your homework. If you wrote her a nice little poem on friendship you could be killing two birds with one stone.”

“Yeah!” Usagi was actually motivated. “I’ll do it! Then I could ace Japanese AND make Rei feel better!”

She then dashed home to surprisingly do her homework.

~*The Next Day*~

Rei walked home slowly from another miserable day of school. Today she was teased and tormented about the fact that she was the prettiest girl in school and had lost 5 boyfriends by the age of 16. She walked up the steps of her shrine in disgust.

She slowly made her way into her room and tried to make in effort to do her homework. Nothing was coming to her. All she could think about was the two past days. All of a sudden, a small folded paper landed on top of her math paper.

She unfolded it slowly and read it to herself. It read:

A boyfriend lasts a minute

A hope may last a day

But best friends will be there for you

And never go away


Rei stared at the poem for a while. A smile then curled on her lips. Who ever wrote it for her must really care. She carefully opened up her drawer of memorable things and placed the poem into a small box.

~*Outside*~

“Do you think she like it?” Usagi peered into the priestess’s bedroom window. “I can’t see through this screen!”

“You did well Usagi,” Luna congratulated the girl. “I know for a fact, that Rei is probably feeling a lot better thanks to you.”

Usagi smiled, “I hope so Luna.”

~*Meanwhile*~

Rei got up and pulled her boyfriends picture out of a picture frame. She ripped it up into tiny pieces on the floor.

“I don’t need a boyfriend to be happy,” she told herself and looked out of her window. “Not when I have good friends.” She saw a familiar figure move from the window’s site. “Thank you Usagi.”


~*FIN*~



Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeSoulEternity on November 9, 2007, 12:39:27 AM

AnimeSoulEternity on
AnimeSoulEternityomg kawaiiness!!!!! love it! i wish rei and usagi wud hurry up and become true friends (im on episode 40 - japanese) the sailor scouts would work better if they worked together! xx

Corgi23 on August 28, 2005, 5:34:39 AM

Corgi23 on
Corgi23So sweet!

G-Prime on January 5, 2004, 2:16:14 AM

G-Prime on
G-PrimeI loved it on FF.net and I love it on Fanart central! ^__^ YAY! Finally, you made an account! Go Michelle! Go Michelle! Raise the roof!

*builders raise the roof*

Me: Yay! ^___^

G-Prime on January 5, 2004, 2:16:06 AM

G-Prime on
G-PrimeI loved it on FF.net and I love it on Fanart central! ^__^ YAY! Finally, you made an account! Go Michelle! Go Michelle! Raise the roof!

*builders raise the roof*

Me: Yay! ^___^