Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2... Conscious...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2... Conscious...

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2... Conscious...
Heh… It’s been 5 years already since that this damn war has started… Each day was the same routine… Pack our gear and do something important while the droids of Robotnik fought off the incoming attacks of the Red Faction and the Freedom Fighters…



One day, we got called out. It seems the doctor had a little surprise for us… We got scrambled together in a large room.



Robotnik: Good morning men…
All: Good morning sir.
Robotnik: Follow me, I’ve got something for ya…

Cyrus: Sweet…

I saw Robotnik walking up to a keypad and is punching some numbers in. Then the walls turned 180 degrees and we saw 4 kits… Each designated to one of us… It looked like an assault kit, a tactical kit, a demolitions kit, and a heavy weapons kit… We all walked up to the panels which had our number on it…



939 – Tyrone – Tactical kit.

345 – Cyrus - demolitions kit.

879 – Jasco - heavy weapons kit.



And me… 223 – Blain – Assault kit…



We all took the weapons we got… I took the assault rifle, and it said SCAR-11… This was pretty kick @$$, considering we only got “primitive” weapons… Still, the primitive weapons were still better then what the Freedom Fighters used… Sticks and stones…



Robotnik: Press your thumb on the fingerprint analyzer to activate your weapon…

So we did it…



A.I female voice: RRTS Special Ops clearance verified. Handle ID: Sarge.
Tyrone: Hell yeah!!

A.I female voice: Handle ID: Danko.
Jasco: Say my name baby!

A.I female voice: Handle ID: Reaper.
Blain: Aight!

A.I female voice: Handle ID: The Kid.
Cyrus: What the… hell…? The kid?! O_o

Robotnik: Now… One of my informants told me that the Red Faction rebels are preparing an assault with the Freedom Fighters. We’ve taken precautions and my droid army is on the alert. We’ve set up a curfew. Anyone who is out on the streets after 7:00 PM will be arrested. Sources indicate that full blown guerilla war is about to be unleashed, so I’ll will be honest with you.

Blain: The Freedom Fighters teaming up with the Red Faction…?
Robotnik: Yes… Something that got me off guard as well.
Tyrone: What is it…?

Robotnik: The Red Faction Army is heavily armed. They just lack the manpower to overtake us. IF they succeed to join forces with the Freedom Fighters, its all over. So, what I need you guys to do is to round up the leaders of the Freedom Fighters, and execute them. Without the leaders, it’s a lost fight for the remaining people. Then we’ll take care of the Red Faction. Understood?

All: Yes sir.
Robotnik: Very well… Dismissed.

We got out of the room and discussed the tactics we were gonna use tonight to round up the leaders of the Freedom Fighters…



Nightfall broke down… Droids of Robotnik announced a curfew in the city… We packed our gear and got dropped off in a location near one of the hideouts of one of there leaders… We ran up the doorCyrus grabbed a small device out of his pockets and placed it just above the doorknob. I got ready… Cyrus connected the small explosive, and gestured us to take distance. He counted with his fingers, and blew up the door. I immediately kicked down the door and activated my lights and looked for people. Then the others came in, and searched the place… It was empty…



Jasco: What the hell…?
Cyrus: It’s empty!
Tyrone: They must have been warned or something…
Blain: Or it’s a diversion…

Meanwhile…



Shadow: I think I got this fixed guys…
Tails: What?
Shadow: I got in contact with an old friend of mine…
Tails: So…?
Shadow: She agreed to help us with a trap to take out the RRTS.

Amy: What’s so special about those guys…?
Sonic: Don’t you get it…? If the RRTS gets you, you’re a dead man!
Amy: Woman… I’m not a man… -_-‘

Knuckles: So… When are we meeting her…?
Sonic: She should be here any minute now…
Tails: And what about those Red Faction guys…?

We continued to raid houses… So far, we got 4 possible suspects of joining the Freedom Fighters rebels. They got picked up by Robotniks droids and got carried away. We got a message from Robotnik…



Robotnik: 939, come in.
Tyrone: 939 here, go ahead.
Robotnik: One of my droids intercepted a message while patrolling. He traced down the call and is waiting for instructions. Check your PDA to find him. He got orders to stay put until you arrive. Arrest everyone in that building.

Tyrone: Yes sir, 939 out.
Cyrus: Now what?

Tyrone checks his PDA…



Tyrone: New objective guys. It seems that possible suspects are discovered, a few clicks northeast of here. A droid is waiting for our instructions. Let’s move out.

We ran to the location of where that droid was… I fell something weird in my stomach… I felt nervous… We arrived at the location, but no droid… We looked around and Cyrus saw something glowing… He called us and saw robot parts everywhere, and he holds something…



Cyrus: Guys, check it out…
Blain: What is that?
Cyrus: A tracking device…
Tyrone: What?
Cyrus: Check it out… Someone destroyed the droid but left this tracking device-

Then suddenly, we heard shots and saw Cyrus falling down… We took cover behind a wall… I peeked around the wall to see how Cyrus was doing, but another shot was heard and it ricocheted off the wall… Nearly hitting me… Jasco pulled me over…



Jasco: Stay down for fracks sake!!

Blain: Cyrus!!

I peeked again… I saw Cyrus was trying to stand up…



Tyrone: Stay down Cyrus!!

Jasco: DAMN IT!!!
Tyrone: Did you see it…?
Blain: Left building, fourth floor, Second window. It’s not a sniper! I’m gonna take him out.

Jasco: Good luck man…
Blain: Wish me luck …
Jasco: I just did asshole!

I threw a smoke grenade to use it for cover. After it exploded, the air got filled with smoke, and I ran like hell to the opposite wall. I prepared my assault rifle, aimed at the building… zoomed in on the scope… set it on single shot… After the smoke got cleared up… I aimed through the scope… I didn’t saw him… I looked up and saw that he was replacing himself to get a better view… After he was settled, I hold my breath… Aimed at him… And shot… I hit him right in the head…



Blain: Tango, down!

We all ran to Cyrus who was shot in his shoulder…



Cyrus: How do I look man, is it bad?!!
Jasco: Put some fracking pressure on the wound Blain!!

I pushed my hands on his wounds firmly. Jasco got a small needle, bit off the cap, and punched it in Cyrus arm…


Jasco: You’ll live.. It’s just a fleshwound…
Cyrus: Fleshwound…? Is that suppose to be a fracking good thing…?

He took out bandages, and managed to stop the bleeding.


Cyrus: Eleven years on the job, never happened, then this shoot happens!
Jasco: Well, shoot happens…
Cyrus: No, shoot doesn’t happen… It takes a reason for shoot to happen…
Jasco: What reason would that be…?
Cyrus: Someone must really hate me…

Tyrone: Guys, listen up. Clear out the buildings, set up the perimeter!

Jasco and I got in the building, looking for possible suspects… We barged in every room and found nothing… Until Jasco kicked down a door and we both searched the place… He kicks in another door and saw a very young girl sitting there… Holding on to an old teddy bear… With a dead man and woman lying next to her… Probably her parents… I don’t know how old she was, around 3 or 4 years of age… She looked at Jasco, who was rather baffled by the looks of her… So was I really… We would never expected to see this…



Jasco: Should we take her with us?
Blain: I don’t know… It’s not a smart thing to do…

Tyrone contacted us through headset…



Jasco: Blain, you read?
Blain: Yeah, go ahead.
Jasco: I’ve spotted some humans in the distance, I don’t know if there with the Red Faction, but I’ve took Cyrus in cover not to reveal our position. If you get out, be careful. I’ll stay on watch.

Blain: Copy that, thanks.

Jasco picked up the girl with one arm, while he strokes her cheek with his other one…



Jasco: Don’t worry… We’ll get you out of here… What’s your name…?
Blain: Damn it Jasco! Put her down!!
Jasco: My conscious is telling me to take her with us!!
Blain: WELL MY CONSCIOUS IS TELLING ME THAT WE’LL GET SHOT TO PIECES IF WE CARRY HER!! SHE’LL SLOW US DOWN!!!

Jasco: Then you go ahead! I’m NOT leaving her alone!!

We cant afford to risk our lives just for her! Jasco took her anyway… We got outside again and we couldn’t see Tyrone or CyrusTyrone contacted us and told me that he was on the opposite building, on the second floor. He saw the humans were armed…



Blain: frack!! I told you Jasco!! I fracking told you!!

Tyrone opened fire on the oncoming humans. They saw him and opened fire… Jasco jumped behind a wall and put the girl down…



Jasco: Cover your ears ok?

We ran back and shot the humans… After a while, there was only one left who surrenders… Jasco ran up to him, smacked him down on the ground, and puts his knee in his neck while cuffing him… Meanwhile, Tyrone joined us…



Guy: I’m not telling one fracking thing to you guys...
Tyrone: Good, we don’t expect you do.
Guy: You fracking traitors…

The guy spits Tyrone in the face… Tyrone just lost his patience and bashed his face… Jasco walked back to the place where he left the girl, but she was on the ground, bleeding… She was dead… Probably got hit by a lost bullet… I saw the look on Jasco’s face…



Jasco: She wasn’t gonna hold on to life for much longer…
Blain: What do you mean…?
Jasco: The only thing she saw in her life, was death… I’d try to give her one chance of happiness by taking her out of that hellhole…

Jasco then walked away… Few moments later, Robotnik’s droids came to pick us up… That night, we didn’t said one thing…



Meanwhile…



Shadow: Ssh…
Sonic: What…?
Shadow: Listen…

They both hear tapping on a window…



Shadow: That’s her…
Sonic: Who?
Shadow: Our contact…

Sonic cautiously opened the door… He sees a purple female wolf standing outside holding a large, silver briefcase… She got in…



Shadow: Long time no see…
???: What do you expect with this whole deal going on?
Shadow: Right…

Shadow introduced her to the others… After explaining what was going, she opened her metal suitcase… Inside is a Barrett M95A1 .50 sniper rifle and she’s assembling it…



Shadow: That’s a large sniper rifle…
???: Heh, these bullets are bigger then your brains…
Shadow: Still hasn’t changed over the years did you…?
???: No…
Shadow: Heh… Welcome home, Tala…


To be continued…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on February 16, 2007, 7:50:31 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWow awesome gory details and all! Great work