Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3... F.U.B.A.R

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3... F.U.B.A.R

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3... F.U.B.A.R
That night, we got back to base. Cyrus was treated to his wound, while the 3 of us didn’t said anything… Jasco broke the silence…



Jasco: Unbelievable…
Blain: What?
Jasco: I’ve been a RRTS my whole life but I couldn’t even save a little girl…
Tyrone: You know its against the rules of engagement to take someone with ya. What if someone had you in your vision while you were busy looking after that girl?

Jasco: Then I’d die happy with the thought that I catch the bullet instead of the girl…

Blain: Well still, its stupid of you…
Jasco: Then what would you do? Just let her die like that? Leave her?
Blain: Yeah! We got orders to follow, and you’re jeopardizing our objectives if you keep fracking up like that!!

Tyrone: HEY!! Cool it!

We both looked at Tyrone while he looked at me. I got his point though. I admit it was a bit of a cruel thing to say to Jasco, but… Somehow I don’t get him…



Jasco: I’m going to bed. See ya guys later…

Jasco walked out of the room and slammed the door. He was pissed off… He just needs to cool down I guess… Tyrone and I talked but not long after that, we went to bed…



That night, it happened… We got called out of bed and reported to Robotnik… It was a condition 4 situation, so it was very urgent… Cyrus ran down the halls. He got his shoulder patched up in bandages, but seemed ok… We’ve scrambled in the mainhall. Robotnik was waiting there.



Tyrone: RRTS reporting for duty sir.
Robotnik: Good. A reconnaissance droid reported Red Faction rebels taking over the powerplant. We lost every form of communication with the powerplant since then. I want you guys to infiltrate the powerplant and secure it. You get a flying sentry droid at your command.

Eggman activated a small ufo type like thing. He starts buzzing and 2 triangular shaped muzzles with 3 barrels each mounted under the droid started spinning…



Tyrone: What…. The… Hell is that thing…?

Robotnik: The SD-8 Accipiter is a flying sentry droid with assault capabilities, armed with an optical tracker and multi-barrel rotating cannons. Targets are acquired by the squad's NetBat System, allowing all members of the squad to utilize the droid.

Blain: Heh, sweet…
Robotnik: If the powerplant falls in hands of the Red Faction, our defence lines are getting a severe blow. Retake the powerplant… At all costs.

Tyrone: Yes sir.
Robotnik: Dismissed.

We grabbed our gear and ran to an airtransport. Thirty minutes later, we got dropped in the desert, in the middle of fracking nowhere… The powerplant was easy to see though. You couldn’t miss it… It was humongous… We got dropped off about 1.55 miles southeast of the powerplant. We could see some humans, most likely Red Faction…



Meanwhile… Tala’s lurking in the shadows with the sniper rifle…



Tala: Shadow, you read…?
Shadow: Go ahead.
Tala: I spotted the RRTS, about 2 clicks from the powerplant. There accompanied by a sentry droid. Should I take them out?

Shadow: No. Wait until the rebels take out the droid. Then you can fire.
Tala: Copy that.

The powerplant was heavily guarded by the rebels. They’ve settled up stationary weaponry. We prone in cover until I saw something moving up a hill and I looked at it… I totally forgot about the droid… He starts rotating his multi-barrel cannons… That means he must have identified something… He then blasts with a high rate of fire at the ledge…



Tala: shoot!!
Shadow: Tala! You ok?!
Tala: Yeah… They’ve spotted me!

Well, there’s goes our cover… Damn droid… The rebels noticed the droid and suddenly the droid starting shizziling and short circuiting… He then falls to the ground… They hit it with an EMP grenade… The rebels started firing towards our position…



Blain: We’re fracked… Truly @$$-invaded…
Jasco: Guess that makes it even then, we both fracked up.
Tyrone: Will you shut the hell up and shoot back?!!

We’ve managed to take some rebels down, but we’re starting to run out of ammo…


Tala: I cant stay here.
Shadow: Go to a more safer place. Keep track of what is happening.
Tala: Got it.

Not long after that, we ran out of ammo… Since the droid wasn’t working, we didn’t stand a chance…



Jasco: Come on!! YOU STUPID SON OF A dog!! WORK WITH ME HERE!!!

Jasco grabbed the droid and smacked it a few time… Shizzlings is being heard again and it started floating again. He spins his multi-barrels and fired. Not long after that, it short circuited again and fell down… We ran back, and took cover…



Jasco: Oh God, not again….
Tyrone: Cyrus… Listen up…
Cyrus: What?
Tyrone: Get out of here, now.
Cyrus: What?! Why?!
Tyrone: Use the hill to contact base. Ask for reinforcements... Take the satellite phone.

Cyrus: Got it.
Tyrone: Go, now! We’ll give you covering fire!

Cyrus ran up the hill while Tyrone, Jasco and I shot the oncoming rebels. Then the worst sound ever was being heard… The sound of an empty assault rifle… Now we’re truly @$$-invaded… Not long after that, Tyrone went dry too…



Tyrone: Listen Blain… Don’t tell them anything. No matter what…
Blain: Same for you…
Tyrone: I never would …

He looks at me and smiles… He then got bashed down by the running rebels and not long after that, I was bashed down too…



Cyrus: This is six-four, do you copy?!
Droid: Affirmative.
Cyrus: We need support! Coordinates are 45 degrees longitude, 36 degrees sout-southwest. I’ll place a beacon to determine our exact location.

Then suddenly, something got pushed against his throat. It felt sharp… It’s a combat knife…



Tala: Cancel that request…
Cyrus: Who the frack are you……?

Tala pressed the knife harder to his throat…



Tala: Cancel it…
Cyrus: Eeh… This is eeh… Six-Four, discard my last, situation contained.
Tala: Very good… It’s not often I meet an RRTS member just like that…


Cyrus: Oh damn it…

I got placed inside a room… They tied me up and put me down on a chair. Then a guy walked through…



Guy: You shouldn't have come here. This is a civil war. This is our war, not yours…
Blain: I’m not in charge, I just follow orders. Robotnik doesn’t negotiate with rebels.

Guy: Then perhaps you and I can negotiate, huh? Soldier to soldier…?
Blain: Like I said, I’m not in charge…
Guy: Off course not, you have the power to kill, but not to negotiate. In this world however, killing is negotiation…

I looked at that guy and couldn’t really understand what he meant with that. We’re not the enemy, he is…



Guy: Ever see what happened to people when they defied Robotniks reign…?
Blain: They get arrested…

Guy: Wrong… Well, almost… Robotnik sends them to deathcamps. Either working for him or there being executed… Why the hell do you think those riots are starting each day…? Don’t you see…? They get more violent… Then you guys just come by and blast the shoot out of everybody and are being praised by everyone for restoring the order?

Blain: Something like that…
Guy: You’re wrong… You don’t realise how much enemies the RRTS has… Everyone wants you guys dead… Common people, the Red Faction, hell, even those sorry @$$ bastards of the so called Freedom Fighters wants to get rid of you guys…

Blain: Right…
Guy: So I’d be reasonable with you… Then we can all go our separate ways and do whatever the hell we want…

I got a weird feeling inside of me…



Guy: So… Let’s pop the question… You see… We need access to Robotniks base. You know, the one where you guys are stationed. We took over of Robotniks vehicle depot, and his nearest commandcenter is your station.

Blain: Vehicle depot…? But, we never heard that it was being attacked and-

Guy: Whoa whoa whoa, calm down… Well, it was taken over 2 years ago… We got 2 battlewalkers, 5 tanks, 15 gunships and 2 airtransports… We made sure no one would ever know about it… But, it’s not a secret anymore though… Robotnik may not tell you guys everything, but the war is almost over for Robotnik… He suffered blow after blow by the Red Faction and its growing in numbers by the day… Robotniks defeat is immanent. That’s why we need access behind his line of defence, so it will end sooner… So help us out… Do it for freedom… Robotnik has been lying to you guys… *lights up a cigarette*

Was it a trick…? Was he bluffing…?

Blain: I don’t have the proper authorities. Robotnik tells us on a need-to-know base.

Guy: Well if you ask me… *Blows smoke in Blains face* That’s bullshoot…

The guy pistol-whipped me in the face… I fell something dripping off my right eye…



Guy: Why are you struggeling…? Just say it… Then you’ll be free… No more Robotnik, no more war…

Blain: I told you, I don’t-

He pistol-whipped me again



Guy: I tried being reasonable, but to bad for you I’m someone without patience…

He kicked the side of the chair where I was on, and I fell down… He grabbed the back of the chair and I got dragged to another room. I saw Tyrone, beaten up in a chair like me… But the guy left me on the ground…



Guy: You get 10 seconds to tell how to bypass the defence system…
Tyrone: Don’t tell him…
Guy: Shut the frack up!!

He pistol-whipped Tyrone…



Guy: One…
Blain: I don’t know… really…
Guy: Two…
Tyrone: Don’t tell him… No matter what…

He pistol-whipped him again…



Guy: Three…
Blain: Cant we just work something out here?!
Guy: Four…
Blain: Look, I-
Guy: Five…
Blain: I told you!! I don’t know!!
Guy: Six…
Blain: We don’t know anything about those systems!! We’re fracking RRTS!!
Guy: Seven…
Blain: We’re some fracking soldiers who carry out orders!!
Guy: Eight…

He pulled back the slide of his pistol…



Blain: Just… Just give us more time, we can find out…

Guy: Nine…

He aims it at Tyrones head…



Guy: You think I wont do it…? That I’m bluffing? Is that it….?
Tyrone: Don’t do it Blain…
Blain: All we need is more time…

The guy looked at me… There was an eerie silence…

Guy: … Ten…

Right after that… He shot Tyrone in the head… I saw he fell down while he was tied to his chair… Right next to me… The guy left the room, puts out the lights, and locked the door… All I did that night was sobbing…



To be continued…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on February 16, 2007, 8:00:47 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogbloody awesome. Good enough to be in a hollywood movie for sure.