Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4... Truth and reconciliation

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4... Truth and reconciliation

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4... Truth and reconciliation
Cyrus: … That’s all I know…
Sonic: You sure about that…?
Cyrus: The others know more. But I don’t know where they are right now…
Sonic: Right… Shadow: Maybe Tala has seen the others…
Sonic: Contact her and see if she’s spotted them…

Shadow: *picks up radio* Tala, you read?
Tala: Go ahead.
Shadow: Has anyone else made it…?
Tala: One dead RRTS member, one live one… Want me to snipe the other one?
Shadow: No, there’s been a change in plans. We need the others. They can help us to overtake the Red Faction. You waste everyone who comes near them, do NOT kill any RRTS members, understood?

Tala: I don’t do live, I do death.
Shadow: Waste everyone who gets too close to them…
Tala: *sighs* Fine…

Tala sees a human walking past the window…



Tala: Heh… Theeeeeeeeeere you are…

The guy that interrogated us yesterday came in… He lighted up a cigarette, then suddenly, a loud shot was heard, and he fell down, dropping his cigarette… I was rather baffled by that. I looked up, but saw nothing. I tried standing up, but I was still tied to that damn chair. So I tried hopping to the shattered glass that lies on the floor. I managed to grab a piece of glass and cut the rope. After that, I stood up, took the guy’s pistol and was about to walk off… I saw the smoke, and well… I couldn’t resist, so I picked it up, and ran out, looking for Jasco. I ran through the corridors, and shot 2 guys. I kept looking for him, but I didn’t find him. Then I kicked a door, and saw him tied up a chair.



Blain: Ready to go?!
Jasco: frack yeah!

We blast our way out. Killing every human we saw. Which wasn’t that much. We got outside…



Tala: *looks up from scope* …Jasco…
Jasco: Where’s Tyrone…?
Blain: Dead…

Tala: Get out of the bloody way Jasco…

I saw something moving behind Jasco. I pulled him down and aimed at it, but I saw the guy falling and then heard a loud shot. We thought that a sniper was aiming for us, so we ran off. We didn’t know where he was hiding, but we took cover behind a wall. Another guy we came across got shot… After a while, we started crawling on our hands and knees… Then another shot was heard…



Jasco: GAAAAAAAAH!!! JESUS!!!
Tala: Told you to get out of the way Jasco…
Blain: What?!
Jasco: I’ve been shot!!
Blain: Where?!!
Jasco: IN MY frackING @$$!!
Blain: It’s a near hit, don’t be a pussy.
Jasco: Well still, it hurts like hell!!

I saw someone standing up a hill in the distance. After a closer look, I saw a purple female wolf standing there, holding a large sniper rifle. She turned around and gestured something.



Blain: Take a look at that…
Jasco: fracking hell…
Blain: What…?
Jasco: That’s Tala…
Blain: Who?!
Jasco: My ex-girlfriend…
Blain: Don’t bullshoot me man…
Jasco: I’m not!
Blain: Then why the hell does she wanted us dead?!
Jasco: Believe me, if she’d really wanted to kill you, you’d be dead already! She never misses! Take a look at that! *points to his @$$*

Blain: Heh…
Jasco: If she’d really wanted to hit me, I’d be shootting down a tube for the rest of my life…

Then we saw Cyrus…? What the hell was he doing?



Blain: Cyrus…?
Cyrus: These guys… There the Freedom Fighters… They’ve got a deal for us…

Then we saw a blue hedgehog, and a black one walking towards us…



Jasco: What the hell…?
Cyrus: What…?
Jasco: Are those the leaders of the Freedom Fighters…?
Cyrus: Yeah…
Jasco: But, there just a bunch of fracking kids!
Blain: They look like us Cyrus……
Cyrus: I know… Just listen what they have to say.

Shadow: Listen up. I only say this once. Everyone knows the war against Robotnik is immanent. He suffered massive blows of the Red Faction and his line of defence are getting weakened. We don’t have the proper tools to get the job done. We need people like you to overtake the Red Faction and Robotnik. Like I said, Robotnik’s defeat is immanent. However, when he’s out of the way, the Red Faction would continue to fight us. To take control of the planet.

Blain: I thought the Red Faction and the Freedom Fighters worked together…

Shadow: No. Whatever Robotnik told you, is a lie . The Red Faction has been fighting us and Robotnik a long time. Even before this war started.

Jasco: Somehow I don’t believe this…
Shadow: You’re choice…

The black hedgehog walked away… While the blue one still stands there…



Sonic: You know… What if Robotnik is the first one to lose? Where would you guys be…? You wouldn’t be safe. This is your only option to get out…

We thought for a while… Robotnik got indeed massive blows over the yearsI decided not to join the Freedom Fighters. But Jasco and Cyrus however…



Blain: No, I’m not doing it.
Jasco: Think about it… Remember that we got send out to re-take Westopolis…?
Blain: Yeah…
Jasco: We had to retreat because we got blown away by battlewalkers… The Red Faction got control of the city and took over another crucial strategic point… And it happened before you know…

Cyrus: Yeah… I don’t know about you guys, but I’m playing it safe…
Jasco: Count me in…
Sonic: Great… What about you…?

I hesitated… But, Jasco had a point though. And well, I didn’t really had much of a choice since Jasco and Cyrus already agreed on joining them…



Blain: Right… I’m in…
Sonic: Awesome… Let’s go…

Blain: … Wait…

I got back in the building and carried Tyrone over my shoulders. When I got outside, everyone looked shocked of what happened… Jasco took him over. I ran back and grabbed my weapon… That blue hedgehog looked at me with a rather weird look…



Blain: I’m fond of it…
Sonic: Ah…

I didn’t know where the hell we were going, but we kept on walking for about half an hour. We saw in the far distance a forest and we eventually reached it. The blue hedgehog said it was called the Great Forest. We entered some bushes which appeared to be a secret passage… Then we got baffled of the view… It was a whole village…



Sonic: Welcome to Knothole guys… Make yourself at home…
Blain: Whoa…
Jasco: Knothole…?
Cyrus: How come this isn’t discovered yet by Robotnik…?
Sonic: It’s a hidden village. The only place left that isn’t touched by Robotnik’s droids.

We looked around and saw a small two tailed fox running towards us…



Tails: Sonic! You’re back!
Cyrus: Sonic….?
Sonic: Yup… Sonic the Hedgehog…
Cyrus: I never expected you to look like this…?
Sonic: Why’s that?
Cyrus: Well… We did heard about you…

More people started to gather around… A red echidna, a pink hedgehog, that black hedgehog again… That purple wolf… A female bat… Damn…



Blain: You sure about this…?
Cyrus: Well yeah… Why?
Blain: I got the feeling we’re not wanted here…
Cyrus: We’re the ones with the guns Blain…
Blain: Still…

Sonic explained to the crowd that we joined them… I kept noticing Jasco staring at that purple wolf… After he was done talking, we all went our separate ways. Jasco puts Tyrone down and starts digging a hole. He pulls out his side-arm and took a bullet out of it and placed that on the grave…



Jasco: I’m gonna miss him man…
Cyrus: Yeah…

Meanwhile…



Amy: Tala!
Tala: Yeah…?
Amy: Something tells me that you had a crush on that wolf dude!
Tala: No…
Amy: Come on! I saw you staring at him! And he stared at you!
Tala: *sighs*
Amy: Come on! Tell me!
Tala: Actually… He’s my ex…
Amy: Really…?
Tala: His name is Jasco…

Blain: By the way… What did you mean with ex girlfriend…?
Jasco: *sighs*
Blain: What?
Jasco: There’s something I never told you guys…
Blain: What is it?

Jasco sat down in on the grass… Cyrus and me too…



Jasco: I’m not created by Robotnik…
Blain: No shoot…?
Jasco: Yeah…
Blain: I thought it was weird… Three hedgehogs and a wolf…

Jasco: Before the war took place, I met Tala… We fell in love, but as soon as the war broke out, her parents got killed. Mine too. She came in contact with the Freedom Fighters and I’ve never seen her again. I wasn’t aware of it and thought she was dead… Until now…

Blain: I see… What did you do in the mean time…?
Jasco: I was with the Red Faction…
Cyrus: You were…?

Jasco: Yes… Those bastards didn’t give a shoot about us… More of us joined them but they were only meant as cannon fodder… Those were the ones who died first… One time, when we invaded an outpost of Robotnik, the droids set up a trap. Those bastards left us… We all got wiped out except for a few of us. We started working for Robotnik and 13 years later, the RRTS was formed. I was promoted to the RRTS because of the campaigns I led against the Freedom Fighters and the Red Faction. Robotnik saw I had experience so I was placed with you guys…

Cyrus: So you had a squad under your supervision…?

Jasco: Yeah… You see, when... when you end up seeing the killing of one your men, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three or ten others. Maybe a hundred others. Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?

Blain: How many?

Jasco: …Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between the mission and the man.

Blain: Whoa…
Jasco: Yeah…

Then there was that long silence again…


Cyrus: So how was she…?
Jasco: Who?
Cyrus: Tala…
Jasco: A sweet girl… She changed a lot after the war broke out… She had problems…

Tala: He had problems…
Amy: Aw… So romantic…

Jasco: Before she joined the Freedom Fighters, we were still together… But, she became reckless…

Tala: He was reckless…

Jasco: Didn’t care for anything…

Tala: He didn’t cared about me anymore…

Jasco: Naah… I’m better off without her…

Tala: I’m better off without him…

Blain: I still got a feeling that we’re not welcome here…
Jasco: Me too… But… face it, it’s our only chance of survival…
Cyrus: As long as you stop farting, you’d be more then welcome… *pokes Blain*
Blain: What?! Don’t look at me! Jasco’s the one who got shot in the @$$!
Jasco: Yeah so!?
Blain: You get shot in the @$$, and not expecting to crack one?! frack no!.

Jasco: Watch it blue boy, or I’ll make you clean toilettes with your tongue until you cant taste the difference between shoot and French fries!

Cyrus: Heh, you smell that? I smell bullshoot!
Jasco: Probably your upper lip!!

Jasco/Blain: *lmfao*

*long silence*



Blain: I wish Tyrone could see this…
Cyrus: Yeah…
Jasco: Well he aint dead until you place him of your heart…
Cyrus: What kind of sentimental bullshoot is that…?
Jasco: No, fo’ real! Tala said that to me once…
Blain: I think he’s up there right now, laughing his @$$ off at how sentimental you are right now!

Jasco: I may be the tallest, but I have my weaknesses you know…
Cyrus: You’re nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothes…
Jasco: No… More like… A tiger in wolfs cloths…
Blain: What do you mean by that…
Jasco: Tender and caring, but when threaded, ferocious and no mercy…

Cyrus: *lmfao* You’re so full of shoot man! Damn! I bet if I’d punch you in the stomach, shoot would drain out of your fracking nose! *lmfao*

Jasco: I’d like to see you try! *pokes Cyrus*
Blain: Look… Look at those stars man…
Jasco: Where…?
Blain: There, right there…
Jasco: I cant see it…
Blain: Damn! You blind or something!?

I pointed my finger near his snout to point the “star”…



Blain: It’s right there!
Cyrus: I cant see it either…
Blain: Then you gotta look more closer!! *flicks Jasco’s nose*

Jasco: You asshole!
Blain: *lmfao*

We glommed on Jasco, but as big as he is, he throws us of him…



Jasco: Bring it on! I got plenty left!!

We glommed at him again, and we wrestled a bit, but after a while, we got tired. We saw the sun was rising and we fell on the grass exhausted. I looked to my left and saw that wolf girl walking away with that pink girl. I looked to my right and saw that Jasco was looking at her too. He got a smile on his face and closed his eyes…



To be continued…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on February 16, 2007, 8:11:09 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat chapter, once again. I forgot to mention earlier, well done for adding Jasco in