Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5... Spread the love...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5... Spread the love...

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5... Spread the love...
When we woke up, the sun was shining on our faces. Nice and warm. We got up and walked towards the village, where everybody where just… doing stuff…



Amy: Hey! Look who’s here! *pokes Tala*
Tala: Shut the hell up…

Sonic: Goodmorning! You want something to eat?
Blain: Eeh… No I’m good…

I saw Jasco and Cyrus stuffing themselves already… So I sat down and ate something. After we’re done, that black hedgehog came towards me with some papers.



Shadow: Take a look at this.
Blain: What is it?
Shadow: Blue prints we confiscated from the Red Faction.

I looked at it, and it were the blueprints of the T-39 Bogatyr and the L5 Riesig…


Blain: Those are Robotnik’s droids…
Shadow: Not really…
Blain: What?
Shadow: There being driven by droids. I saw the Red Faction got hold of one. We once got attacked by one of them, but we’ve managed to take it out. I saw a human bailing out of it, so if there’s a chance the humans can control it, why cant we?

Blain: I’ve seen them in action. Maybe if we get our hands on one, we might be able to use it.

Shadow: We do have one…
Blain: What?
Shadow: Tails is trying to figure it out at the moment.
Blain: I see…

I saw Jasco and Cyrus still stuffing themselves with food…



Blain: Yo Jasco! Cyrus!
Both: What?
Blain: Come on, we got something!

They both were reluctance, but they came along. We followed the black hedgehog to a wooden building, and lowered ourselves using a pulley block. After we got down, a large underground area was seen. We walked ahead and saw the battlewalker… I never noticed how large it was… We’ve seen them in combat before, but never took notice of how big they really are… Then that fox pops his head out of the top hatch on top of it.



Tails: Hey guys!
Shadow: This is it…
Blain: *looks at blueprint* That’s not the L5 Riesig…
Cyrus: *Yanks blueprints out of Blain’s hands* That’s the Bogatyr…

Shadow: You found anything yet Tails?!
Tails: Eeh… I found out how to arm it!
Shadow: Let’s go check it out.

The four of us climbed up the Bogatyr. Jasco and I lowered ourselves in the cockpit while that black hedgehog and Cyrus sat in another cockpit, which looked like it was used for air defence and infantry. It was a tight squeeze though… Jasco sat behind the controls. He grabbed the handles. On the floor were pedals too. He pushed the right pedal. Nothing happened.



Blain: Maybe you should turn it on first… T_T

I saw the fox looking too… He presses his thumb on a fingerprint analyzer and pressed a button. You heard it was starting up.



Jasco: Sweet…


Blain: What did you found?

Tails: If you pull this lever, you’ll arm it. *pulls it*

A.I Female voice: J-ROTC armed.
Tails: This one however, changes the type of ammunition. *pushes button*
A.I Female voice: Switched to SABOT.
Jasco: What’s the button to fire?
Tails: This one, but its empty. No ammunition left.
Jasco: Switch it back to J-ROTC.
Tails: *pulls lever*

Jasco puts his foot down on the right pedal again. We started turning to the right until Jasco let go of it. However… Turning went like waggling…



Jasco: This thing is quite manoeuvrable…
Cyrus: WHAT THE frack WAS THAT!!
Jasco: That would be me, my bad!
Tails: I know this things has gyrostabilizers. When it’s walking, it keeps balance by shifting his weight on the other leg that stands on the ground.


Blain: Jasco, try moving this thing forward.
Jasco: With what?
Tails: With those levers you have in your hands.

Jasco pulled it forwards. We started walking! Which was actually no surprise really, because it was so damn obvious… We walked a bit for a while… Then we stopped.



Jasco: Ok… We know how to drive this thing…
Blain: How to fire it?
Tails: Eeh… The 2 buttons on the side of the levers. Press it simultaneously.

Jasco pressed the 2 buttons… Which was a wrong thing to do… We heard the cannons charging up and fired rapidly. For a short moment, I saw dark blue like smoke out of the barrels. Jasco immediately let go of the controls… After the smoke cleared up, we saw an airplane being annihilated…



Tails: … There goes the Tornado…
Jasco: Sorry about that…
Tails: I forgot it was set on J-ROTC…
Blain: What is SABOT?
Tails: Eeh… SABOT’s are the laser guided missiles. There effective against armoured vehicles and the air defence system on top get to take out planes with it.

Jasco: What’s the ADS…? There’s a button here that says ADS…
Tails: Oh yeah! That’s the Active Defence System. I’ve tested that before. If you get locked on by an enemy vehicle or anything else, an alarm goes off. If you activate the ADS, an energy shield pops up for a short amount of time. After that, it takes up to 10 to 20 minutes to recharge the shield. In the mean, your vulnerable. So use it wisely.

Blain: Which reminds me… What is this thing made of…?
Tails: This one is multi-layered. Combining steel and reinforced plastic laminates with kinetic energy and heat absorbing materials. Combining titanium with alloy and carbon with reinforced structures. This thing can take quite some blows before it goes down. But its not indestructible. It is however, invisible on radar.

Jasco: Right… What about the fuel…?
Tails: That’s the weird thing. It has a biohazard symbol on the back, meaning it’s a nuclear vehicle. It makes fuel on his own as long as its used. The protons and ions attract and expand when its activated. So you get a chain reaction. Kinda like a atomic bomb, but on a very small scale. I don’t know how its used, but I assume it runs on it.

Blain: Right. Anything else…?
Tails: That’s all I know now. I’m going to investigate the wreck of the Tornado to search for more clues of what J-ROTC is made of. It looks like plasma cannons, but its not any typical plasma energy.

We all got out of the battlewalker and got back to the village. I was still wondering though…



Blain: How did you guys get that thing in that underground garage…?

Tails: With a lot of pain and effort. We found it somewhere deserted and it was in pretty bad shape. Over the years I’ve been studying it, and I’ve told you everything I know about it!

Jasco: Heh… Sweet…
Cyrus: What about weapons? Assault rifles and stuff?
Tails: We do have a some, but most of us don’t know how to use. Even Shadow doesn’t know how to use it.

Blain: Shadow?
Tails: Yeah. That black hedgehog.
Blain: I see…
Tails: I’ll see if I can create ammo for you guys. I just need to know the type of weapon.

Blain: Here, take this with you.

I gave my weapon to Tails and he almost drops it because it was so heavy. So I took it back and we both walked to his workshop. I pulled out the clip and gave it to him.



Blain: You think that would be enough?
Tails: Plenty. I’ll make a round and you should stop by tomorrow. We’ll do some tests.

Blain: Thanks… eeh…
Tails: Miles Prower. You can call me Tails.
Blain: Thanks Tails.
Tails: What’s your name by the way…?
Blain: … Blain…
Tails: Awesome! Well, guess I see ya later then!

I walked back to the others…



Blain: He sure knows a lot doesn’t he?
Cyrus: Who? Blain: Tails.
Jasco: That fox? Blain: Yeah…

That night, there was a campfire. They all sat around it but we sat on the grass and looked at the nightsky.



Jasco: You still got a feeling we’re not wanted?
Blain: No not really… They’ve been nice to us ever since we got here.

Then suddenly, someone called us… It was Sonic.



Sonic: Come on! Join us!

We looked at each other and decided to join them. So we sat down…



Sonic: We never got your names…
Jasco: Jasco…
Blain: I’m Blain…
Cyrus: Cyrus.

They all introduced themselves too… The female bat was called Rouge, the pink hedgehog was Amy, the red echidna was Knuckles, Tails, Sonic, Shadow and Tala… Then there was a very young rabbit, Cream. I haven’t seen her before… She didn’t say much… Actually, she didn’t said anything…



Rouge: So whats it like…?
Blain: What? Rouge: Being RRTS…?
Jasco: I don’t know what the fuzz is about. I mean… We’re just elite…
Blain: No… When we got interrogated, the guy said we got a crap load of enemies.

Tala: Whatever happened there anyway…?
Jasco: We got captured and got interrogated about Robotnik’s defence lines.
Blain: He said that the war was almost over for Robotnik. The Red Faction could end it sooner if they’d knew the weaknesses. Once discovered, they can take him out with ease, considering the vehicles and weapons they have. But they lack the manpower.

Shadow: How many of them are there?
Cyrus: Robotnik estimated that about 7800 people joined the Red Faction. Since he already caught 1500 people over the years, there numbers have been degreased.

Sonic: Still… Don’t mess with them. They’ve got the vehicles and the weapons. We may have more numbers, but that’s nothing compared to the weapons they got.

Shadow: That’s one of the reasons why we brought you guys in. You know the tactics used by the humans since they’ve been using strategies of Robotnik.

Rouge: That’s why Robotnik was getting these blows over the years. He never expected that his own strategy would be used against him.

Blain: So… Is this what’s left of the Freedom Fighters…?

Sonic: Heh… No, there’s a lot more scattered over the planet. We’re just one of those HQ’s that’s trying to resist.

Tails: Did you guys ever killed someone?

That was a rather unexpected question… It felt weird that we’re talking about how we killed people and creatures in the riots and warzones…



Jasco: Yeah… We did…
Rouge: Didn’t you felt guilt when you did that…?

Cyrus: Actually… No… It’s just war… You don’t realize what your doing until you pull the trigger. You get to decide between life and death, with one finger pull away from the trigger. The difference is that small… The trick is to think not to die for freedom, but to let the other die for HIS freedom… That’s all there is to it… Nothing more… Nothing less… It’s just war… Things like that happen…

Jasco: *laughs* Who’s the sentimental bastard now huh?! *pokes Cyrus*
Cyrus: I do have my weaknesses you know…

Amy: But… What about those people…? I mean, they have family and friends…

Blain: Doesn’t really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shoot just goes right out the window. You don’t think. You kill to survive…

Tala: You know what I think…? If you put me with a sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile from Robotnik... with a clean line of sight... Well, pack your bags, boys. War's over…

They all looked baffled at us and Tala… The way we were talking like that, it made it sound like it was nothing at all to take a life… Like your throwing away a candy wrapper…



Cyrus: I know what you guys think of us right now… But that’s what we’re created for… That’s our purpose…

Sonic: Created…?
Jasco: Yes… We we’re created by Robotnik…

I saw Tala looking up and looked at Jasco. She knew that he wasn’t created… So did I and Cyrus, but the others didn’t… She walked away…



Knuckles: You guys were created…?
Cyrus: Yeah.
Blain: I thought it was rather weird of why we looked like you guys…
Sonic: Yeah…
Blain: But now I get it why people called us traitors…


Then there was a long silence. I guess they never killed anyone before, but we had no choice… Living in wartime changes everyone. Even the most sophisticated, social goody good guy can change in a killing machine if he thinks its worth it to protect the things he loves… Freedom…



Cyrus: I see you guys are thinking. Don't... Because… You can't control who dies or who doesn't or why he gets hit. It ain't up to you. It's just war.



Jasco: Cut the sentimental bullshoot Cyrus…

Cyrus: You say I’m sentimental? Well, this is my boot, soldier, and it will fit up your @$$ with the proper amount of force!

Everyone started laughing… The mood was pretty good. Everyone started talking where they came from and how they ended up here. I looked around and didn’t noticed that Shadow left. Jasco saw Tala sitting near a small lake.



Blain: Go to her man…
Jasco: Who?
Blain: Tala… T_T
Jasco: …Right…
Blain: Then you can tell her how much you love her and bullshoot like that! *lmfao*
Jasco: *punches Blain*
Blain: Hey! I’m just trying to help!

Jasco looked at me and smiled, and then he went to Tala… Everyone saw them sitting together…



Cyrus: Aah… L’Amour Toujours…
Blain: What the hell is that suppose to mean…?
Cyrus: It’s French dumb @$$, it means: Love will prevail…
Blain: Again with the sentimental shoot… Geez… Sometimes I just wanna throw up…

Amy: Well I think its cute… Don’t you agree Sonic…? Sonic: …… No not really no…
Amy: *smacks Sonic with hammer*

Rouge: Oh Knuxie…
Knuckles: ……… Don’t even think about…

We all looked at Jasco and Tala who were hugging each other…

That was the first time we felt comfortable with others. Like, being yourself for once. We were not fired at for one whole day which was pretty strange. We’re used to that we were taking fire everyday and not hearing the shooting, not seeing people dying, not killing anyone was a bit weird. Although it felt good. I got a feeling I’m beginning to like it here…



To be continued…

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Saluki on February 17, 2007, 3:40:24 AM

Saluki on
Comment Deleted

MrGimp on February 17, 2007, 4:25:57 AM

MrGimp on
MrGimpOh crap! Thanks for noticing, i'll go change now! ^^

Child_of_the_feral on February 16, 2007, 6:34:08 AM

Child_of_the_feral on
Child_of_the_feralHeh. Aw. Tala got a huggle. ^w^ How uber kawaii!!

Tala: STFU!!! *Bites Feral's arm off*