Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Hidden talents...

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 3 - Hidden talents...

Chapter 3 - Hidden talents...
The next day, I felt the nice warm sun shining right on my face. I opened my eyes slowly and yanked down the curtain. Then I slept some more.



Not long after that, I felt that someone was yanking and pulling me. I turned around and then I felt I hit something… Someone yelled which was followed by a thud. I opened my eyes and saw Cody on the ground.



Nicole: What are you doing on the ground…?
Cody: You pushed me off the bed!!
Nicole: What are you doing here in the first place?!
Cody: Trying to wake you up!! We’re gonna be late!!

Then I noticed the clock. It said ten o’clock. Well it didn’t actually say the time, but you know what I mean. I stared at it for a moment to realize that we would meet at Sonic’s place. Then I realized we’re also too late. So I kicked Cody out of the room and quickly got dressed. Then we both went to Sonic’s place…



As soon as Tails opened up, we were baffled. We stood there a long time staring at him while his face became annoyed… Cody and I could barely hold our laughter…



Tails: What?!
Nicole: You look eh…
Cody: Original…
Nicole: Yeah that’s it…
Tails: I can’t help I’m having a bad fur day…

His fur was messed up. His frills hang sideways as his head was a complete mess… Like he got an electric shock, or… His barber died or something… Tails pouted and gestured to move inside.



Sonic: Finally…
Nicole: Yeah, sorry about that…
Sonic: Well, everyone’s here, so let’s go.
Tails: I’m not going out looking like this!
Shadow: Then you stay home.
Tails: … But…
Sonic: It’s not that bad, now let’s go.
Tails: But-
Sonic: Let’s go!

Tails let out a groan and was the last one to leave the house. Since we didn’t have any transport, we had to walk… So we entered the forests and I had no idea where we were going…



Nicole: So how long is it…?
Rouge: What?
Nicole: How long does it take for us to reach it…?
Rouge: Not long, about 20 minutes or something…
Blain: Well if you can’t take it, go back.
Nicole: Stuff it Blain.
Blain: Right-o.
Nicole: Is he always acting like an @$$?
Rouge: Well, he doesn’t act like that towards me.
Sonic: Or me…
Shadow: Even me…
Tails: Nope…
Knuckles: Naah…
Cody: Me neither…
Blain: Then I guess I’m only acting like an @$$ towards you…
Nicole: Draw a line on your chin and you would actually have a butthole on your face…

Shadow: *chuckles*
Blain: Sure, and while I'm at it, why don't you go climb that telephone pole and take a big steamy piss on the power cables…

Shadow: *burst out laughing*

Shadow just couldn’t stop laughing… Everyone looked at him baffled as he rolled on the ground



Blain: It wasn’t that funny.
Nicole: Or insulting.
Blain: Shut the hell up.
Nicole: Oh well, I got better things to do once we get there.
Blain: Like what, comparing bra-sizes with Rouge?

Then Rouge slapped Blain on the back of his head… Shadow kept on laughing.



Rouge: Leave me out of this.

And so we reached Deberan… A small town with narrow streets, lots of shops and bars, and eventually, we found the school. It was just a rectangle building… It didn’t really seem out of place… So we all went inside and looked around and the whole place is filled with stands where they give demonstrations and information about every class available. Tails immediately went off to a stand with some science stuff along with Cody. Rouge and I walked around and asked questions about everything, followed by Blain and Shadow… We entered a hall and there were lots of kids screaming and all that



Blain: Oh no…
Shadow: Backing up…
Nicole: I think you’d fit right in here Blain.
Blain: Ever got dog slapped?
Nicole: As a matter of fact, no, but I would love to dog smack you one day.
Blain: … I dare ya…

Then Tails ran back to us along with Cody…



Tails: We signed in!
Shadow: What?
Nicole: So soon?
Cody: Yeah! I mean, doing experiments and all! How cool is that?!
Nicole: You do realize that it’s not the only thing you’ll be doing?
Cody: … Oh crud…
Blain: … Forget it, I’m out of here.
Cody: Did you also know that you’ll get a card with 4000 bucks on it?
All: …
Cody: Yeah! They say it was eh… An investment in the future…
Shadow: What do they mean by that?
Rouge: What they’re meaning to say is, they give every student signing up 4000 bucks.

Shadow: But why?
Rouge: Because we are the future. Now that everything is being rebuilt, it’s our job to carry that on. And besides, you don’t hear me complaining.

Shadow: But what am I supposed to do? I got nothing to do here…
Blain: And me…
Sonic: Blain could be… a… Psychical educator…
Blain: … I’m not gonna listen to everyone’s problem…
Sonic: No no, psychical. Like, keeping everyone fit and all that.
Blain: …
Sonic: Look, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do either!
Blain: … But you’re still going?
Sonic: Yup… There’s always plenty of time to think of what you wanna do… And besides, 4000 bucks doesn’t sound that bad…

Blain: … Alright…
Shadow: …

Everyone looked at each other while we all knew what everyone was thinking. Then we all looked around for the things that appeal to us most and signed up…



Few hours later, we went back home… Not before we explored the city a bit. Lots of shops and pubs, but we didn’t have any money… All sorts of stuff were available, like radio’s and TV’s, but also cloths, flowers, groceries, and everything. Meh, too bad we couldn’t afford it…



On the way back home, we all walked together. It was around 3 o’clock, and nice, warm weather. It’d better be, considering it was summer. Normally, Blain walks faster then us, but this time, he didn’t. I looked back and saw he was walking alone, with a rather grim expression on his face. No more then the usual… Rouge went towards him and they walked together…



Rouge: What’s wrong?
Blain: *sighs*
Rouge: Come on, just tell me.
Blain: It’s driving me fracking nuts…
Rouge: What is?
Blain: This whole deal man… Seriously…
Rouge: Well, it’s new for me too.
Blain: Yeah but that’s not the only thing. It’s so all of a sudden. I mean, last year, we were still fighting rebels and Robotnik’s droids for the sake of freedom, and look at us now.

Rouge: Yeah…
Blain: It’s driving me nuts not knowing what to do…
Rouge: Then you gotta make a plan for the future.
Blain: How?
Rouge: By discovering your skills and talents and everything that you like to do.
Blain: Well, that’s the point. I don’t know that.
Rouge: It’s actually very easy to find out. If someone asked you “what do you like to do?” How would you answer?

Blain: Well, I like chewing bubblegum…
Rouge: … Well, it’s a start. What else?
Blain: Kicking back in the grass and watch the sky go by…
Rouge: … And?
Blain: And uh… I eh… like cooking…
Rouge: You do?!
Blain: … Yeah.
Rouge: … I never knew that…
Blain: No one did.
Rouge: Maybe you can cook for me some time…
Blain: How about I cook for you tonight?
Rouge: Uh… Sure…
Blain: Just… Don’t let the others know…
Rouge: That you’re cooking tonight?
Blain: Yeah…

That evening, I was on my way to get home. As I passed Blain’s house, I noticed a delicious smell… But I kept on walking…



As Blain handed Rouge a plate



Rouge: Oooh… What is it…?
Blain: It’s a rabbit. I caught one today, killed it, skinned it, and… baked it…
Rouge: Ooh… Ok…
Blain: Eat up chubby.
Rouge: I’m not chubby...
Blain: Watch out for any bullets though. You might crack your teeth on it.

And as the two of them ate



Rouge: This is really good. Where’d you come up with that?

Blain: Well, during the war, it wasn’t like we were going to a fracking restaurant every day or something. Jasco taught us how to cook with the things you got. And I liked it… You’d be surprised what can be made out of a potato, a rabbit and a tomato.

Rouge: But where’d you get the tomatos?
Blain: Stole ‘em from old Greddy.
Rouge: That old bastard?
Blain: Yeah.
Rouge: He’d be pissed if he found out…
Blain: But he didn’t find out.
Rouge: You cheeky bastard…

Blain: You know Rouge, I was wondering…
Rouge: What?
Blain: What did you actually choose for that whole school thing?
Rouge: Well, just the basics… You?
Blain: Same…
Rouge: You’re not that comfortable with it are you?
Blain: No…
Rouge: Why not…?
Blain: Because… I don’t know how they will react once they find out what I did.
Rouge: It’s all over now Blain, give it a rest.

Blain: I don’t know if you noticed, but most of the former rebels and creatures living here know exactly who I am. Holy shoot… If looks could kill, I’d be pushing up daisies 10 feet below ground…


Rouge: But that doesn’t mean they actually… hate you…
Blain: You’re not fooling me Rouge.

Rouge: Look, if they don’t like you because of what you did during the war, then they are free to leave the village. They don’t see you like I do, or Sonic and everyone else. We know you fought along on our side, that you didn’t betray anyone. Hell, you even scarified your own life for it.

Blain: At what costs…?
Rouge: Exactly… At what costs? If these people don’t see all the sacrifices you’ve made in order for us to be free, then their not worth it to know you. Because you did a lot for us and I wouldn’t trade you for anyone…

Blain: What about Nicole?
Rouge: Not even for her… I know you longer then her…
Blain: Thanks Rouge…
Rouge: Anytime…
Blain: But, what I don’t get…
Rouge: What?
Blain: Why is Nicole always acting so dogy against me? I mean, she gets fine along with everyone else, especially you, but…

Rouge: Well you’re not exactly the easiest person to hang out with… I mean, remember when you first got to us?

Blain: Yeah… *smiles*
Rouge: No one could really get along with you, not even Shadow. It’s because you grew up in an entirely different situation then us. And it’s the same with Nicole. She doesn’t understand yet. You can talk about your past all you want, but she will never understand it, because she was never there.

Blain: So what do you think I should do?
Rouge: Just ignore her whenever she acts dogy… And when she’s acting normal, just go along.

Blain: You know Rouge?
Rouge: What?
Blain: You’d be one hell of a psychiatrist.
Rouge: Thanks…

Then Blain let out a big burp…

Rouge: Charming…
Blain: I’m stuffed.
Rouge: Same here… *shoves plate away*

I looked in the mirror as soon as I got home, and saw this zit on my face…



Nicole: Gaah…

Then I saw Cody sneaking up in the mirror reflection. As soon as I turned around, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me with wide eyes… Then he just pointed at laughed at me…



Nicole: What?!
Cody: You got a…
Nicole: I know, stupid…
Cody: No, there’s another one!

Then I turned around and noticed another one on my nose…



Nicole: … frack…
Cody: I’ll go get the tweezers!! *runs off*
Nicole: The hell you are!!

Then I ran after him…



Another few weeks passed by without much trouble. We always hang out by the lake, or walk around town. And every time everyone was together, Blain and I had an argument as always. Sometimes I managed to shut him up, and sometimes I couldn’t. He just dissed me with that smart @$$ attitude… And every time I wanted to slap him, he dodged. I swear, there’s gonna be a day that I’ll slap him into a coma…



One day, this truck arrived and dumped a bag of letters. It wasn’t that much, as some guys grabbed letters and yelled everyone’s name. Most of it was for us… And the letter said about the whole school thing…



Sonic: “Dear student. We would like to thank you for attending at the Saint Romulus Gemini College. “

Rouge: “We would like to announce that an introduction day is planned on next Monday the 5th of September.”

Tails: “The introduction day consists out of receiving schedules, along with providing answers for questions that you might have. It begins at 8:30 and ends at around 10:00. We are looking forward to see you then.”

Nicole: “Sincerely,-“
Blain: “The fracking asswipe who came up with the whole idea.”
All: …
Blain: What?

Then we all realized that the 5th of September is next week…



Nicole: It’s next week…
Sonic: That’s fast…
Knuckles: Yeah…

Going to school next week…? Well, it better be good… Like Sonic said, I’m not intending to spend the rest of my life gathering firewood and all that…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kittyshootingstar on February 4, 2008, 12:04:25 PM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarIt should be interesting, them going to school...