Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Blain's worst fear...

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 4 - Blain's worst fear...

Chapter 4 - Blain's worst fear...
Well the week quickly passed by... I know I say that a lot, but, to be honest, there isn’t really anything interesting to mention. Every day, we did what we had to do, which ended up with us hanging out by the lake. The last evening before we went to school, we all hang out by the lake as usual. We talked about the future and all that, and Shadow didn’t really seem thrilled about the whole idea. We talked for hours until it got dark outside… And then we went to bed, knowing that when we wake up tomorrow, a whole new life was about to start.



…Which came quicker then expected really. As soon as I woke up, I saw Cody bouncing around the room. I couldn’t really say I was thrilled to go to school again, but it was all new… So basically, I was kind of excited…



Anyway, as soon as we got dressed and packed our stuff, we went to Sonic’s place, where everyone else already waited. They all looked very sleepy and Knuckles kept on yawning. And as soon as everyone was ready, we started to walk slowly on the familiar path



Shadow: “Following the trails of the damned, a light shines in the far distance. Yet the light is unreachable, to those who have dimmed their inner light…”

Sonic: What the hell are you talking about… *yawns*
Shadow: … School…
Knuckles: Speaking of which… Blain?
Blain: Sup…?
Knuckles: Did you ever have school?
Blain: … No…
Knuckles: You know how to write?
Blain: … Yeah… Which is kinda hard to do when you lose an arm.
Knuckles: You’re left handed?
Blain: … Yeah.
Knuckles: You know how to read?
Blain: Yes, I’m not a complete retard…
Nicole: Oh? Well you sure look like it.
Blain: Piss off…
Nicole: Do you even know the alphabet? *chuckles*
Blain: …
Shadow: Well do you? It’s not a shame that you don’t know it. I mean, hell, even I know the fracking alphabet.

Blain: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu…

All: …
Blain: Want me to count to 10 as well?
Nicole: Not exactly what I had in mind, but it’ll do I guess…

Blain: We’re passing that telephone pole again Nicole.
Nicole: Oh ha, ha…

Rouge: Nicole?
Nicole: Yeah?
Rouge: Did you ever spoke a different language…?
Nicole: No… Why is that?
Rouge: Well, because you said yesterday you’re from Buthainah and I realized that Buthainah had some ancient language or something.

Nicole: Well I know a few words…
Knuckles: Let’s hear!
Nicole: What?
Sonic: Yeah!

… What?



Nicole: Ok, eehm… “Reite studest bëbet orân Tset der”
All: ... What?
Nicole: It means “Life is just a chance to grow a soul”. It’s a saying…
All: …
Rouge: How’s that language called?
Nicole: Pãlicerean.
Blain: Nicole spoke Pãlicirean… Holy frack… It sounded like a duck having an orgasm, but still, she spoke Pãlicirean!

Nicole: Then you try.
Blain: I don’t have exactly what you call a flair for languages. Then again, I might lack the linguistic talent.

Nicole: It’s all the same you asshole...
Blain: Then I rest my case.
Nicole: *sighs*

Once we arrived at the school, we were send straight to the auditorium. Once we arrived there, it looked crowded. From very young kids around the age of 11 to people of around 21 or something. So we found some places to sit as the auditorium got more crowded as more people started to come in. At some point, we saw Tails, Cody and Amy waving at us and they sit somewhere in the front.



Then at around 9:00 o’clock, the door of the auditorium closed and some guy stepped up on the podium. He gave a long boring speech... And at some point, names were being called up and they had to go to the podium. When the group was complete, they had to follow what I thought was a teacher. At some point, Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles had to go, and eventually, Rouge, Blain and me. When Blain found out he was in the same class as me, he didn’t really liked it. His face said a lot. Rouge and I looked at each other and we just snicker after we saw the look on his face.



So we followed the teacher to a classroom, and as everyone took their seats, he wrote his name on the blackboard. The guy was a human. For a human, he was very small and he looked old. Every time he walked, he walked with a limp. Very friendly guy though.



???: Goodmorning everyone, my name is mister Morgan. For the next semester, I’ll be your mentor and psychics teacher. Now, before I continue, is there anyone who never been to school? I know how the situation was, and it wouldn’t actually surprise me if someone never went to school.

Then we looked around the class and no one raised there hands. Not even Blain.



Rouge: He means you, stupid…
Blain: Yeah but-

Then Rouge held Blain’s arm in the air. Blain quickly pulled it down again, but it was too late. Mr Morgan already saw he raised his hand.


Morgan: Yes, you. Anyone else?
Blain: dog…
Rouge: Hehehehe…

Morgan: Anyone?

Then four more raised their hands with a bit of an uneasy face…



Rouge: See, you’re not the only one…
Morgan: Ok, good. Now, basically, you might wonder what a mentor is.
Guy: A teacher?
Morgan: In some way. Being a mentor of a class means I got my responsibilities. My job is to look after this class as a whole, and make sure you are getting good grades. With every question you have about the school, you’ll ask me. The same with all problems whether it’s about the school, in the school, or personal problems. Don’t hesitate to visit me. I got my pledge of secrecy, so no one else but me will know about it. Any questions so far?

Then everyone shook no…



Morgan: Ok, wonderful. Let’s make a round around the class and introduce you to the others. Tell us what your name is, where you come from, your hobbies or anything that you would like to share. Let’s start with you.

Then they all introduced themselves… Some of them said they lost a family member during the war, others held a complete autobiography of them while others only say their names. As it got closer to us, I noticed Blain started to get more and more nervous. He looked around a lot, blinked, and even started to sweat a bit… I could see it on his forehead.



Rouge: Will you relax…? You’re making me nervous…
Blain: I can’t help it man…
Rouge: Yeah but at least try to-
Morgan: Please, listen to the others. It’s rather disturbing.
Rouge: Sorry.

Eventually, it was Rouge’s turn…

Rouge: Ok, well, my name is Rouge. I’m 18 years old… I’d like to kick back with a fruitpunch and… Read a good book. And I’m obsessed with jewellery. Or at least I was. Or still am, I don’t know.

Morgan: Thank you Rouge.

Nicole: My name is Nicole, I’m also 18 years old. I know Tae Kwon do, which is an ancient form of martial arts. I… I was shipwrecked, and… It’s been half a year now since I got here…

Morgan: Ok… Thank you. How about you?

The look on Blain’s face was rather priceless. He looked like he was shootting needles, but for some reason, I actually felt a bit sorry for him. He got even more nervous when he found out everyone was staring at him… There was a long silence before he said anything…



Rouge: Come on, say something…

Blain: Well… Eh… M-my name is Blain… I’m 17 ye-years old… Former sergeant of the RRTS… Eh… Fought countless of battles including the invasion of Angel Island… And eh… Yeah… And…

Then there was that long silence again… Basically, Morgan helped him out by ending it…



Morgan: Thank you Blain. Welcome.

Blain nodded quickly and let his head down on his desk, probably because he was too ashamed of himself… Then Mr. Morgan passed out the schedules and all sorts of information. He explained some other stuff including the whole classroom and how to find them. Not really interesting, seeing as I already knew how it worked. After he explained it all, and answered some questions, we were dismissed. Tomorrow, school starts for real…



After we walked outside, we met up with Sonic and everyone else…



Sonic: So, how’d it go?
Shadow/Blain: Don’t ask…
All: …
Shadow: You too?
Blain: Yeah…
???: Sonic…?

And at that point, I saw Sonic looking up with wide eyes. As he turned around, he looked baffled at some rabbit… Hell, everyone looked baffled at her. She had bionic legs and a bionic left arm, so it wasn’t a surprise everyone looked at her baffled...



Sonic: Bunnie…?
Bunnie: Sugah-hog!!
Sonic: Bunnie!!!

Then the two of them ran towards each other and gave each other a big hugTails ran too along with Amy and they all hugged her… Everyone else was a bit baffled...



Sonic: Look at you babe!! You look good!
Bunnie: Thanks! You’re not so bad either!
Sonic: How you been?! Where’s the rest?!

Then her happy face changed into a depressed one…



Bunnie: Rotor didn’t make it…
Tails: What…?
Bunnie: No…
Sonic: Antoine…?
Bunnie: We got a lot to talk about….
Sonic: Let’s go…
Amy: Do we see you again real soon?
Bunnie: Yeah… Right now, Sonic and I need to talk…
Amy: Alright, catch ya later then…

Then she nodded and walked away in the other direction with Sonic… Then the rest of us went home…



Nicole: What was that all about…?
Amy: She was part of us during the war as a freedom fighter. And… That’s how she lost her legs and arm. At some point, our group got split up. Antoine, Bunnie, Sally, Rotor… Fiona…

Nicole: I see…
Blain: I never knew there were more…
Amy: … You only know the half of it…

Many, many hours later, as sunset started to kick in, we stayed at the lake. At some point, we saw Sonic walking towards us with a rather sad expression on his face…



Shadow: So how’s with loverboy here?!
Rouge: Shadow…
Amy: What happened…?
Sonic: Bunnie is the only one left…
Amy: What…?
Tails: What about Antoine…?

Then Sonic shook his head…



Blain: Wait… Who is who?
Sonic: *sighs*
Blain: Well…?
Shadow: I’m just as confused as you are…
Sonic: Well… You gotta hear the whole story to understand…
Tails: Sonic…?
Sonic: It’s ok Tails…

Then Sonic sat down and prepared himself to tell whatever happened here to Blain, Shadow, Rouge and me



Sonic: This place used to be a kingdom… My uncle and my dad had ties with the royal family and that’s how I know Sally…

Blain: A princess…?
Sonic: Yeah… As soon as Robotnik and the humans invaded the kingdom, the king declared war… It only lasted for a few weeks before they got annihilated by Robotnik… Robotnik placed the royal family under arrest… King Maximillian, Queen Alicia, and Prince Elias along with General Armand D'Coolette. Sally, Amy, Tails and I managed to escape with the help of Rosie… Not long after that, Antoine D’coolette, son of the general, hid amongst us, along with Bunnie and Rotor…

Then there was a long silence…



Rouge: … Go on…
Sonic: *sighs* Sally and I had a relationship going on in the last couple of years… We loved each other very much… And Antoine, being a member of the Royal Guard, it was his duty to protect Sally… But ultimately, he failed… Robotnik knew there was someone missing… So Robotnik executed the royal family, including Sally once he found out where she was… He wiped out the royal blood line…

Again, a long silence…



Tails: … What about Antoine…?
Sonic: Bunnie had a relationship with Antoine… He managed to escape once the princess got captured, but he had a strong sense of duty and honor, instilled in him by his late father… Antoine said to Bunnie that he failed the king, his father, and the whole kingdom once the princess got captured… He was overrun with shame and guild, which at some point took his toll on him… He got caught as well while on a mission and was executed right away… Bunnie saw how Antoine got executed, which left a scar on her for good… And one by one, they all fell…

He took a deep breath and tried to hold his tears back…



Sonic: And the rest, as they say, is history…
Nicole: That’s awful…
Sonic: Yeah…
Shadow: You ok…?

Sonic nodded and got up from the ground. Then he turned around and walked away… We all stared at him as he walked back to his house…





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment