Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Say it right

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 6 - Say it right

Chapter 6 - Say it right
Blain and I sat there in the grass for a while until I heard my stomach rumbling. Blain looked at me with a baffled look and I stared back…



Blain: …Did you just fart?
Nicole: What?!! Ew!! No!! It’s my stomach, I’m hungry.
Blain: Suuuure it was…

So I got up to go home and eat something, and I was still carrying my shoes after I took them off for a little race against Blain. He got up as well, and we both went home, seeing as he lived near my place, he walked along. Then all of a sudden, I felt I stepped into something sharp…



Nicole: Ow!!
Blain: What?
Nicole: I stepped into something sharp!
Blain: Who the hell walks barefooted in a forest…?
Nicole: Because I couldn’t beat you if I had shoes on…
Blain: …
Nicole: But it really hurts!!
Blain: *sighs* Fine, get inside…

So we both entered my house and I sat down on my bed. He kneeled before it and I placed my foot on his knee. There was something stuck in my foot and he took off his gloves and tried to pick it out. But it only got deeper and it started to bleed a little…



Nicole: Ow!! Easy!!
Blain: You want me to get it out or what?
Nicole: Yeah, but, take it easy…

Meanwhile, outside, Rouge walked by and heard them talking…



Blain: It’s stuck…
Nicole: You’re only pushing it deeper…
Blain: Hold still! How the hell am I supposed to get it out if you’re moving?!
Nicole: Oh, it’s bleeding a bit…
Blain: I almost got it.
Nicole: Ow, ow, ow…
Blain: Got it…
Nicole: Whoa… That’s huge…


Then he showed me the piece of wood I stepped in. My sole is bleeding a bit, but, I’ll get over it…



Nicole: Thanks…
Blain: Don’t mention it…

Then it stayed silent for a while. For some reason, we were both staring at each other for a while … I don’t know why… Maybe I had a booger or something…



Blain: Well… Goodnight…

So he got out the door and went home… And he forgot his bag, I tried to call him, but he already left.



Nicole: Goodnight…

At some point, I noticed Rouge peeking at the doorway. She came in with a big grin…



Rouge: So… How was he like…?
Nicole: What?!!


Not long after that, Cody and Tails entered the house as well. They say that they had to do some homework and they rushed to Cody’s room. And seeing Rouge was already here, I made something to eat… Soup… Out of a can…



Rouge: So what’s the deal between you and Blain?
Nicole: Nothing. We teamed up and fought some guys at school. No biggie.
Rouge: Aah…

Then it stayed silent for a while…



Nicole: What, you don’t believe me?
Rouge: Well I never said that…
Nicole: … You’ve been acting strange lately… Don’t tell me you’re pregnant…
Rouge: Says you who just played “hanky panky” with sergeant major Blockhead.

Nicole: I didn’t!! Hell no!! He removed a splinter out of my foot…

Then I showed her the piece of wood that was still around for some reason…



Rouge: Riiiight…
Nicole: Look, Blain is still an asshole. The fact that we’re acting normal to each other doesn’t mean everything is fine and dandy!!

Then Rouge looked to the door for a while, and then I turned around. And Blain stood near the door… Uh-oh…



Nicole: … What’d you hear…?
Blain: The asshole part…

Then he grabbed his bag that was lying near the door, glared at me and walked off



Nicole: *sighs* … Damn…
Rouge: Smart move…

As soon as I checked on the soup, it looked rather disgusting. I went over to Cody and Tails to ask if they want somethingSo I knocked on the door.



Cody: I can't figure out the atomic mass of this deutron!
Tails: That's simple. What's a deutron made of?
Cody: …A proton and a neutron…?
Tails: Then what the hell is this electron doing over here?!!
Cody: I don't know!!
Tails: Then get rid of it!!

Nicole: ‘Scuse me to interrupt the nerd convention, but you guys want anything?
Cody: No thanks, we’re cool.
Tails: Yeah!
Cody: And it’s mister nerd for you!!
Nicole: No it isn’t.

Then I left them alone again to whatever they were doing. I check on the soup, poured some in a bowl, and passed it to Rouge. Rouge looks disgusted at it… And... To be honest, I did too…



Rouge: Did something died in the soup or something?
Nicole: I got it out of a can.
Rouge: What kinda soup is this?
Nicole: Chicken… I think… Must be a diseased chicken then...
Rouge: ... You first...
Nicole: ... How about together...?
Rouge: Ok... At three...
Nicole: One...
Rouge: Two...
Nicole: Three...

Then we both took a sip from the soup... And immediately got spit out in the bowl again...


Nicole: Aw man!! That’s nasty!!
Rouge: You sure it’s not over date...?

Then I looked at the can and it was still good...



Nicole: No, it’s not...

Rouge: Where’d you get it?!
Nicole: They passed it around a while ago...
Rouge: Ah, that explains all...
Nicole: So... Wanna have a sandwich then?
Rouge: As long as it doesn’t contain a diseased chicken...
Nicole: Hopefully not...

So after I made some sandwiches, which tasted way better by the way, Rouge looked all serious…



Nicole: You ok? You look like you gotta shoot needles or something…
Rouge: Please, I’m eating…
Nicole: Then why the serious face all of a sudden?

Rouge: *sighs*
Nicole: What…?
Rouge: Ok… Well, before I tell you, you gotta promise you won’t tell anyone.

Nicole: Ok…
Rouge: No seriously…
Nicole: I won’t tell anyone… It’s not something bad is it…?
Rouge: No…
Nicole: Then what is it…?
Rouge: Shadow told me that… Well… That he likes me…
Nicole: “Likes you”…? Well, isn’t that obvious? I mean, I always see him staring at you, if not, drooling all over you…

Rouge: Yeah…
Nicole: So… You like him too?
Rouge: Maybe…

Then she got a grin on her face…



Nicole: You didn’t…
Rouge: I kissed him…
Nicole: How’d it go?!
Rouge: … Clumsy…
Nicole: Aww…
Rouge: Yeah…
Nicole: So now what?
Rouge: Well… I guess we should just wait and see… But, don’t tell anyone about this ok…?

Nicole: Alright… Hehe…

Then it stayed silent for a while…


Rouge: You gotta make up with Blain…
Nicole: … Why?
Rouge: Because if you were a guy, and you called him an asshole, he would bash the shoot out of you every day for the next 4 years…

Nicole: No he won’t…
Rouge: No, but still. No one really shows gratitude for all the things he did for us. And as far as I know, I’m the only one that ever thanked him…

Nicole: He doesn’t ask for it…
Rouge: No, because he doesn’t want anything in return. He saved your life twice, and calling him an asshole is a bit ungrateful if you ask me…

Nicole: Yeah… You’re right…
Rouge: He really tries his best to be part of it, but the poor guy isn’t given any chance…

Nicole: So what did he do for you…?
Rouge: During the war you mean?
Nicole: Yeah?
Rouge: He saved Shadow and me once from being incinerated on a battleship… Took us out of the village when rebel forces came our way… And…-

Nicole: You boarded an enemy battleship…?
Rouge: Yeah, with the intention of blowing it up along with everyone else…
Nicole: Whoa… Was he alone back then…?
Rouge: No… Blain and two others deserted Robotnik, knowing that he was about to fall and fought on our side…

Nicole: The RRTS fought on your side…?
Rouge: Yeah…
Nicole: I never knew that…
Rouge: They dont tell you the full story…
Nicole: Then what happened?
Rouge: Well… This one time, I sat near a lake. And Blain sat next to me. He told me he was responsible for the death of the fourth member... He told me they got ambushed and got captured, tortured, interrogated, and eventually claimed the life of one…

Nicole: Ooh… So… How did you get in contact with them…?

Rouge: We had a skilled sniper on the look out, covered up in the hills. Then she noticed the RRTS got captured and told us everything. She saw one of them got away and that he made contact. So she placed a knife around his neck.

Nicole: … Killed as well?
Rouge: No… As soon as we arrived, we watched him as the sniper went back. She shot every rebel she saw, and once Blain and the others got out, we made our first contact. Sonic and Shadow went towards them as the sniper provided cover if they tried something as the other guy told us everything. And now that they know the whole story, they deflected and stayed with us ever since…

Nicole: But… I thought the RRTS were some trigger happy guys working for Robotnik…

Rouge: They were…
Nicole: So you’ve seen the other two…?
Rouge: Yup… They were actually really nice guys… Except in combat situations, they were not so really nice. It’s a shame their dead…

Nicole: I see…
Rouge: Blain misses them a lot though... He can’t let go of the past, which explains why he has trouble getting used to this sort of life. For some reason, he doesn’t want to let go. I can understand though… He considered them as brothers and the oldest of the bunch was like a father to them… And now their all dead, except for Blain.

Nicole: Yeah…
Rouge: … He was actually dead for three months…
Nicole: Who, Blain?
Rouge: You know those scars he has?
Nicole: Yeah?
Rouge: The poor bastard got perforated… And even got his arm blown off…
Nicole: And he died?
Rouge: Yup…
Nicole: So how did he get back to life?
Rouge: No one really knows… That’s still a mystery that has yet to be solved… But the fact that he got a bionic arm might have to do something with Robotnik…

Nicole: So he’s a robot?
Rouge: Well no, not really…
Nicole: Ooh…

Rouge: So… Give the guy a break… And… Apologize to him… I never heard anyone apologizing to him… But I know it would mean a lot for him…

Nicole: Yeah…

Then I looked outside and saw it was getting dark…



Rouge: I really should be going now.
Nicole: Alright, see you tomorrow?
Rouge: Sure, same time as today?
Nicole: Yup.
Rouge: Is cool. See ya tomorrow then.
Nicole: Later.

So she went out the door and smiled at me before she left. Not long after that Tails left as well. At around half past ten, we went to bed…



But then, I woke up from something… It was in the middle of the night at around 1:00 am. I heard sounds in the bushes and thought it was just an animal or something, so I went to bed again. It stayed quiet… I couldn’t resist peeking out the window and saw Blain sitting near the lake again with the usual pen and paper… And well, after what Rouge said, I decided to go to him… So I got dressed, and went to the lake… I stood behind him for a moment but he looked carried away in thoughts… So I sat next to him… Then he looked up, and faced me



Blain: The frack you want…?
Nicole: Shouldn’t you be in bed…?
Blain: Why the hell would you care…?
Nicole: *sighs*
Blain: Go away.

Then he went back to writing that letter…



Nicole: What are you writing…?
Blain: You still here?
Nicole: You’re not making this very easy for me…
Blain: Then say what you wanna say and frack off.

Then it stayed quiet for a while…



Nicole: I… I wanna say I’m sorry… I truly am… I didn’t mean it…

He looked up surprised as I got up to walk away



Blain: You know… You ever had nights that you feel complete desolation and that no one in the world gives a shoot about you…?

Then I looked up surprised and faced him…



Nicole: Yeah…?
Blain: This is one of those nights… And on those nights, I sit here, staring at the clear night sky and gaze at the stars… And for some reason, I think about everyone who passed away over the years, and why I’m still alive… It’s something I can’t really let go, but I have to, because their not coming back…

So I sat back next to him…



Nicole: You’re not the only having that…
Blain: Whaddaya mean…?
Nicole: Well… Just like I said…
Blain: You wanna talk about it…?
Nicole: … No… I’m not here to talk about myself, but to apologize to you…
Blain: You did. Now go away.

Nicole: Look… I know we said things to each other that really hurt… I know I once said that you’re friends deserved to die and I’m sorry about that… You said things that really hurt me, and… I want this to end. After the fight we had today with those guys proved we could get along just fine… And… I don’t know about you, but… I’m tired of all those fights Blain… We don’t have to be best buddies, but we could at least stop with all the insults.

Blain: Most of the time it’s just a joke…

Nicole: Yeah but there’s a difference between a joke and hurting someone… You gotta be careful with what you say in order not to hurt someone, because you don’t know what happened before…

Blain: Like you said that my squad deserved to die after all the things they did for Sonic and the others…?

He got me there…


Nicole: *sighs*
Blain: … Well…?
Nicole: I told you, I’m truly sorry about that…
Blain: … Rouge told you, didn’t she?

Then I nodded…



Blain: She’s gotta stop doing that…
Nicole: Why…? If she didn’t tell me, then I would have never come here and apologize…

Blain: Because no one thinks further then that. They never think what might be the story behind it.

Nicole: Not everyone is like that…
Blain: But I know you are…

Nicole: Damn it Blain!! When will you realize that when you’re not telling anyone, that no one will ever know the story behind it?!! People can speculate what might be your background story, but that doesn’t bring them anywhere!! It’s not like anyone can smell what you’ve all been through!!

Then someone yelled out the window for us to shut up. Well it was late after all… I couldn’t really stand it that Blain thinks everyone knows your background story just by looking at them…



Blain: *sighs*
Nicole: It’s not easy, I know, but if you want people to respect you for everything you did, you gotta tell them the whole story… After Rouge told me everything, I have a totally different perspective of you now…

Blain: I’m trying… I really am…

Nicole: But it’s not getting you anywhere at this rate…
Blain: Then what the hell do you want me do to?!!

Nicole: You’re not trying… You either do it, or you’re not doing it at all… There is no middle road… And I suggest you do it…

Blain: How?
Nicole: … I’m gonna help you with that, along with everyone else…
Blain: Can I ask why…?
Nicole: Everyone might have a reason…
Blain: Right…
Nicole: Rouge thinks its time someone did you a favour after all the things you did for them… But how can they do you a favour if you don’t tell them what’s wrong…? Everyone sees that something is bothering you. But how can they know what’s wrong if you never say anything…?

Then it stayed silent for a while…



Blain: What about the ones that passed away…?
Nicole: What about it…?
Blain: Remembering friends that fell… They were the only family I ever had, and seeing you around with Cody and all… Well…

Then I know what’s really bothering him now… Rouge told me he misses them a lot and now I know she wasn’t kidding… I can understand though, but at the same time, I couldn’t…



Nicole: You don’t need a picture or a letter to remember them… Cherish the memories you got, and they’ll be with you forever… You keep them in your heart as long as you don’t forget about them… Their truly dead when you forget about them…

Then he looked at the blood stained letter he was holding… He folds it up and held on it. Then he looked at me…



Blain: Thanks Nicole…
Nicole: Anytime… So… We’re cool…?
Blain: Yeah… We’re cool…

We sat there for a short time not saying anything until we realized it got really late… And we had school tomorrow… At some point, Blain got up and reached his arm out to help me get up. So I grabbed it and stood up… And we both walked home…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kittyshootingstar on February 4, 2008, 12:14:55 PM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarCool chappie! Can't wait for the next one.

By the way, what does the title mean?