Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Snow war

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 11 - Snow war

Chapter 11 - Snow war
Autumn passed by… The winter was about to start… Three months passed by without much happening… It’s December now… We had two weeks off from school, which I was very happy about. Two weeks of sleeping in, getting to bed early, and do everything I want. Oh yeah, and did I mention I bought a radio?



Then just one day I woke up and realized it had been snowing last night. I did see snow in my life, but never actually experienced it. I packed myself all warm, but still froze my tail off. And whenever I looked at the others, I already felt chills down my spine. They weren’t as packed up as I was, so I didn’t really understand how they didn’t feel cold.



Anyway, the first time I actually went out in the snow was a bit weird. Like I said, I never walked on snow or actually saw it for real. And it was really cold… I was actually enjoying it just outside my door until I received a snowball in my face… Then I felt it was dripping down my neck…



Nicole: GAAAH!!!!
Blain: Boom!! Headshot!!

So I glared at Blain after I wiped the snow off and slammed the door of my house.



Blain: She can’t take it.
Cody: Well I can.
Blain: I know, but obviously, she can’t.
Cody: Yeah…
Blain: Call her out so I can throw one again…

Then I heard Cody calling me. I knew they were up to somethingSo I opened up the window to ask what was wrong, but as soon as I opened the window, I received another one in the face… Cody and Blain died laughing… This means war… I closed the window and put up the finger to Blain.



Blain: Aw come on Nicole, we’re just messing around…

I got to another window on the back of the house, opened it and scoop up snow from the windowsill. I closed the window a bit and I saw them walking away, following the path that was next to my house. I ducked as they passed and as I got up, they’re backs were facing me. I quickly formed a ball, leaned out the window and threw it with all my strength. It hits Blain right on the head and I quickly ducked…



Blain: Hey, hey, hey!! We’re on the same team here!!

…Team?



Cody: I didn’t throw it!!
Blain: Then where did it come from…?
Cody: I don’t know!
Blain: Keep you’re eyes open Cody… I smell an ambush…

What the hell were they doing…?



I got myself a nice hot cup of coffee but I couldn’t shake the idea of what they were up to… Every now and then, I saw Sonic running past the window with Shadow, and even Rouge ran along with Knuckles. Then there was some screaming, laughing and then they ran past again. And at some point, a few snowballs hit my window… Then I went outside as I put my gloves on and put on my woolly hat…



Nicole: What the hell are you guys doing?!
Knuckles: GAAAAAAAAH!!!!! IT’S DRIPPING DOWN MY NECK!!!

Sonic: Hey Nicole! We’re doing snowball wars. Or something. I don’t know what it’s called.

Blain: Wanna join…? *grins*
Cody: Come on!! It’s fun!!

Then before I could say anything, Sonic yelled…



Sonic: Cease fire!! New teams!!
Knuckles: Aw man, again!?
Sonic: She joined, so she gets to pick a team mate.

Then they all looked at me… I thought “meh, what the hell” so I decided to join.


Nicole: Cody.
Shadow: I’m with Rouge.
Sonic: Knuckles.
Blain: We got one guy short!
Amy: I’m in…

Then we all turned around to see a pissed off Amy with her head covered in snow… She wipes it off and she turned to Sonic…



Amy: You’re going down…

Sonic was looking a bit worried… Amy seemed really pissed



Amy: … Who’s left?
Blain: … I am…
Amy: …Fine, I’m going with you.
Blain: But-
Amy: NO IF’S, AND’S OR BUT’S ABOUT IT!!! YOU GOT THAT?!!
Blain: Ehm… Yeah?
Sonic: Alright!! Let’s begin!!!

Then everyone else started scooping up snow, formed snowballs and threw it at each other. Sonic immediately hit Amy again with a snowball and ran away laughing… Then everyone run away in different directions to get snowballs…



Amy: … He’s so dead…
Blain: This requires a Silent Assassin tactic…
Amy: … I’m listening…
Blain: Good… Here’s what we do…

Cody and I took cover behind a house and scooped up a lot of snow. It looked far from a snowman or anything, but that’s the basic idea…



Cody: Now if someone walks by, kick the pile of snow…

Not long after that, Shadow sneaked in front of the houses with Rouge… We could see them through the windows and Cody gestured to get ready. I leaned back on my tail and balanced myself with my legs against the pile of snow… Then, as they came closer…



Cody: KICK IT!!!!

So I kicked it with all my strength and they got covered by a thick layer of snow. They wiped it all off and the look on their faces were priceless. Cody and I ran away laughing while we could hear snowballs falling behind us. Then one snowball hit me on the back and again, snow was dripping in my neck… I shrieked but kept on running as Cody couldn’t stop laughing.



Then at some point, I could see Blain and Amy kneeled on a rooftop of a small house… What the hell were they doing…? As I looked up, I noticed Knuckles and Sonic getting closer to that house…



Blain: There they are Amy… Stand by…

Sonic: She can’t be that far…
Knuckles: I saw her just a minute ago…
Sonic: Then where is she-
Blain: NOW!!!

Then they jumped up from the slope and slide down the rooftop, armed with two snowballs in each hand. Sonic and Knuckles got covered in snow from the rooftop, and Amy and Blain landed on their feet, throwing two snowballs each… They hit the targets dead on…


Sonic: ACK!!!! COLD!!!

Then Amy quickly scooped up another snowball and threw it at Sonic… Blain seems enthusiasticMaybe a little too enthusiastic…



Amy: Told ya I’d get even…
Blain: Booya!! That’s how we do it!! Ha!! High five Amy!! High five!!

Then Amy frowned at Blain…



Blain: Aww, you’re gonna leave my hand hanging here?!

Then I hit Blain from a distance in the face with a snowball… Sonic, Knuckles and Amy laughed at him, as well as Cody and I… We got closer threw some more snowballs at them.



Amy: Now would be a good time to go!!
Blain: I couldn’t agree more with you my dear. Let’s roll!!

The two of them ran away, in the direction of the frozen lake while scooping up more snow. We ran after them, trying to hit them but Cody and I didn’t succeed. Then they slide over the frozen lake, turning around and facing us as we ran after them on the lake… Now I know ice is slippery, but not that slippery… I kept falling down as Cody had trouble to hold his balance on the ice… We were sitting ducks… Fish in a barrel… They just looked at us but didn’t do anything… Then Knuckles and Sonic ran through, and slide on the ice…



Blain and Amy slide over the ice, dropped and slide on their backs over the frozen lake which caused them to dodge the oncoming snowballs Knuckles and Sonic were throwing. They slide passed them and threw a snowball that hit Sonic and Knuckles’ head… Meanwhile, Cody and I have fallen over numerous times and had a lot of trouble getting up on the ice…


Sonic: ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!!!! WE SURRENDER!!!
Knuckles: Look at those two!

Then Blain got to us…



Blain: Need a hand?

He got out his arm and helped Cody and me getting up… As soon as we were on our feet…



Blain: You never walked on ice before?
Nicole: No! How the hell can you walk on ice?!

At that point, Knuckles slides backwards and as he faced us…



Knuckles: We be jammin’ mon!
Blain: Pssh, wise-@$$. Come on.
Nicole: I can’t even stand on it!
Blain: Cody seems to get the hang of it…

Then Cody carefully shuffles along the ice. He looked at Blain and me, and gave a big grin as he realized he was moving forward.


Blain: I’ll show you!
Nicole: What?
Blain: You showed me a shoot load of things. Now I’ll show you something.
Nicole: I don’t think it’s-

He got behind me and pushed me! I screamed my lungs out as I slide over the ice with a ridiculously low speed. Still, I had the feeling I could fall over any second. Once I got to a complete stop, I had such an awkward pose, trying to keep my balance… Then Cody went by fast and made me almost fall down.



Nicole: Hey!! Watch it!!
Blain: … It’s actually not that hard to walk on ice…

And as I looked around I noticed Rouge and Shadow joined on the lake as well. Everyone was sliding past me and Knuckles went so awfully fast… I tried to take a step, but as expected, I slipped and fell down with my head on the hard surface of ice… I was dizzy for a short moment…



Blain: You ok?!
Nicole: Ow…

He reached out his hand to help me get up. I slipped again, but this time, he held on to me so that I wouldn’t fall again. Then I decided to sit this one out and watched them from the sideline. And seeing everyone slide and having fun puts a smile on my face. Sonic and Shadow were arsing around like usual, while Blain swings Cody around by his tail as he lay on his back. At some point, Blain lets go of his tail, which makes Cody slide on his back on the ice, knocking down everyone who got in his way. Nothing severely though, as you could clearly hear them all laughing as some of them were still knocked down.



As evening fell and the starry night sky came out of its slumber, we returned home. It was getting really cold, and it started to snow again. As everyone went their own homes, Blain and I went to my house. I made some coffee, and still had my scarf wrapped around my neck. I offered Blain some hot coco while I sat down in a nice comfy chair. Then Diesel jumps on my lap.



Nicole: Hello little guy…
Diesel: Mrow!

Then I scratched him behind his ear and he purrs quietly. I noticed Blain was missing something in his hot coco so I threw some marshmallows in…



Blain: Well today was fun…
Nicole: Yeah.
Blain: I mean, it’s not every day you see a shoot load of snow.
Nicole: Hmm-mm.
Blain: How’s your head?
Nicole: It’s alright… A little headache.
Blain: Aah…

I paid more attention to Diesel then to Blain. I was thinking about how he grew so big in the last couple of months. Then he jumps off my lap and wandered around… I looked at Blain again and he had that serious expression like he always did.



Nicole: Christmas is coming soon you know…
Blain: Yeah…
Nicole: You ever celebrated Christmas?
Blain: As long as I can remember…
Nicole: Good memories…?
Blain: Some of ‘em… *smiles*
Nicole: There it goes again…
Blain: What?
Nicole: A smile, you cracked a smile.
Blain: Whoop-di-doo, alert the fracking media.
Nicole: It looks good on you…
Blain: What?
Nicole: A smile.
Blain: … Not you too…
Nicole: Huh?
Blain: Sonic always says that…
Nicole: What?
Blain: *puts up retarded voice* “Remember! You gotta smile!” “All you need is a smile! And everything is gonna be ok!” “Smile for fracks sake!”

I couldn’t resist laughing, seeing the way he said it. It’s true, Sonic does say that a lot. Much to the annoyance of the others



Blain: *sighs*
Nicole: Why can’t you be more like that?
Blain: Like what?
Nicole: You know… Acting… goofy and all…
Blain: That’s not exactly me.
Nicole: Is that what you believe or did someone told you to believe?
Blain: Neither.
Nicole: Then stop acting like you got a sheep shoved up you’re @$$ and crack a smile once in a while…

Then I grabbed the corner of his mouth and stretched it to make him smile.



Nicole: You gotta smiiiiiiiiiiiile!
Blain: Yo won sshtep owoy flom gitting yo ash kigked…
Nicole: What? I can’t hear you.
Blain: …

Then I let go… I should have taken a picture of that… Nevertheless, he keeps on smiling…


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on March 12, 2008, 7:13:05 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0Lovely work here, This story makes me smile. I can imagine Sonic going nuts over someone not being happy...
 
Sonic:*slaps emo kid* Smile for f*ucks sake!
 
Yes, he would so do that :D