Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Another day...

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 14 - Another day...

Chapter 14 - Another day...
Back to school again… As soon as we arrived in class, I noticed we got 4 new guys… Well actually, 3 guys and a girl. A big bulky muscled bad @$$ attitude black mustang… A nerdy raccoon… A shy rottweiler that actually looked very sweet… And a lynx… She was the girl… A bit of a dogy… dog. Even dogier then me… Can you imagine that…? No I guess not… Anyway, over the weeks Blain and I became friends with her and that mustang guy. She was called Shamara and the guy was called Rico. At first, everything was fine but over the weeks, she became dogier towards me and acted all mushy around Blain. It always happened when he wasn’t around, and we even had arguments while Rico just remained a normal guy and acted just normal towards Blain and me. I talked about it with Blain, and he said I shouldn’t worry too much about it. But as time went by, we went our own ways. I still wanted to hang out with him, and we still did, but Shamara always managed to kill the mood whenever she came along too. At some point, he hangs out more with her then with me, and it actually pissed me off. I did so many things for him and he just pushed me aside. He knew it all too well but some reason, he didn’t came back…

At some point, I didn’t talk to Blain anymore. I hang out with Rico more often. He looks like a bad @$$ son of a dog, but in reality, he’s a really shy guy. I was just friends with him while Blain and Shamara grew into something more as time went by. Few days later, Blain came back. He was sorry the things he did, and slowly but steady, we hang out again. Everything seemed to get better, until something happened that definitely changed me forever.

One day, Blain and I were walking home together from school. Earlier today, we had a fight again with those guys, which escalated. Even blood was flowing from all the punches and kicks we dealt and received, and as we’re walking home, I hold up my nose in the air to stop the bleeding. I don’t mind getting punched, but does it have to be by a guy? I mean, who the hell would punch a girl like that… Luckily, Rico stepped in as well. The fight lasted for about half an hour and we were send home after the other guys got send home first. What we didn’t know was that they were waiting and followed us…

Then all of a sudden, I saw Blain got punched… Someone jumped up on him from behind and as soon Blain punched him off, we saw those guys again… Blain and I didn’t hesitate and fought them… As Blain pinned one of them on the ground, I noticed the guy pulled out something shiny and stabs it in Blain’s leg… Blain yelled it out and fell down. Then I saw it was a knife… And as I turned around, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach… I looked at the guy that stood in front of me and he had wide eyes… Something warm dripped down my stomach and then I realized that guy wasn’t the only one with a knife… I tried to get away but fell down…

Then they all ran off as I crawled over to Blain… He tried standing up with a lot of pain and effort. I looked back and noticed a small blood trail from where I crawled. And that’s where I became really afraid… I started to feel cold as the puddle of blood underneath me became larger… Blain carefully picked me up, and that hurt so much that I yelled it out. He tried walking, but as soon as he made the first step, he fell down and dropped me by accident. We yelled it out as I heard something snapping, and I saw he fell on his leg, which broke the knife and got deeper in his leg. It took a moment for us to recover…

Then he felt my wrist and I saw the look on his face. He had wide eyes all of a sudden and at that point, I knew it was serious… I never felt so scared and desperate like that… And judging by the face of Blain, he became desperate as well while you could see he had a lot of pain… He pressed his hands against the wound to stop the bleeding… Which was painful… I tried to yell it out, but there was no sound coming from out of my mouth…
Then the last thing I could remember was that he desperately screamed for help as everything slowly faded into darkness…

It felt like there was this big black space I was staring at. Everywhere I looked, it was all pitch black. That was the scariest part for me. I didn’t feel anything… I didn’t hear anything… I didn’t see anything… All sorts of thoughts ran through my head… I still had to do some homework… Do the dishes once I got home… Make up my bed… Then I wondered if I ever get home… If I actually saw Cody and all the others again… A really scary thought…

Then, slowly, I heard something… It seemed like an eternity before I heard anything, and it slowly faded in… At some point, I recognized Blain’s voice talking to someone. I tried opening my eyes, but I couldn’t. I tried moving, but I couldn’t… I regained cons
cious but couldn’t do a thing… And I could hear everything… He said I lost a lot of blood and that I might not make it through the night.

Did he mean I was gonna die…? I didn’t want to go like this… I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t… And if it was inevitable that I was going to die, give me at least a chance to say goodbye to everyone… I’m only 18 years old for fracks sake… So much to do and so many things that I still wanted to do… Then at that point, I felt something warm… It was my hand, and felt some other strange hand touching me… Was Blain holding my hand…?

After what seemed like an eternity I felt he let go of my hand… I wanted to yell for him to come back, but I couldn’t… And then that same desolate feeling came back as I heard him limping away

I couldn’t stand it that I couldn’t do anything… If only
I could open my eyes… That would make a whole lot of difference… But I couldn’t… I thought I was getting mad… That I actually died already… But then again, if I already died, someone would have noticed right…? So… There was still hope… And every now and again, I fell asleep… And every time I regained conscious there wasn’t much changed… Except sleeping made the time goes faster…

The others visited as well… I could hear Cody sobbing quietly and kissed me on my fore head, and everyone else said things that meant a lot to me…

An eternity crawled by before I felt Blain’s hand again… And again… And again… And every time he visited me, he began with “I don’t know if you could hear me, but”… I could hear everything… If only they knew…

I was on the edge of insanity… I couldn’t stand it anymore, and I wanted to cry my eyes out, but I couldn’t…
I forced myself to move and kept thinking that I should move. And after an eternity crawled by trying to move something, I felt that my thumb moved…

I began to see things in the pitch black… Whether it was all a hallucination, a dream, or just my fantasy I didn’t know. The scary thought was that I could clearly see and hear it all… All the things I witnessed before, like, seeing 5 people getting shot… Me being stabbed… The blood trail from me… The thing that happened in Reventon… At that point, I felt my blood rushing through my veins like a bad adrenaline rush and it became worse by the second. I wanted to break free, I wanted to get away… I imagined myself running away from the pitch black sky and it slowly faded into the familiar forest… And as I walked and looked around, I noticed everyone looking. Then I saw Blain smiling at me as he walked towards me. I wanted to hug him and as I turned around, I saw that guy who stabbed me was aiming a gun at my head. He grinned, and pulled the trigger… And… It was something that felt so lifelike, you could actually feel it… I heard my own scream echoing as the pitch black void came back…

I was falling a long way down. Without warning, it was like I hit the ground on my back, and some kind of shock was going through my body. All of a sudden, I opened my eyes… I looked around and saw I was in a bed… A TV hanging on the wall… Some strange smell was in the air… It smelled like a hospital. Anyone who’s ever been in a hospital should know how it smells like… And my bed was near a large window… I could look outside and saw it was raining… Dark clouds moved slowly across the night sky…

Blain: About time you woke up…

Then I looked over to my right and saw Blain in a bed next to me… He looked all sleepy and had a weak smile on his face. He reached out his hand, and we touched each other’s hand…

Blain: Now you finally know what it’s like to be me…

He closed his eyes and fell asleep just like that… I took a look at my stomach and noticed I had stitches.

The next day, I felt the warm sun shining on my face. As soon as I opened my eyes, I noticed Rico sitting on my bed… Because of his size and weight, you could hear the bed squeaking every time he moved…

Rico: Heey…
Nicole: Hey Rico…
Rico: How you doing?
Nicole: I’ve had better… Hehe…
Rico: You know, I brought you something.

Then he got a box of chocolates from his bag.

Nicole: Aw… How sweet… Thanks…
Rico: No problem… Just make sure the doctors won’t see it… Because yesterday, they went apeshoot when I wanted to leave this for you…

Nicole: Hehehe… Thanks Rico… You know where Blain is?

Then I saw an arm sticking above Rico’s head. Rico turned around and as I looked to my right, I saw Blain lying there in a bed next to me...

Blain: Present.
Nicole: How you doing Blain?
Blain: I’m doing alright, thanks… You?
Nicole: Well Rico gave me chocolates, so I’m feeling better.
Rico: Hehehe…

Then I saw Shamara coming in, with flowers, balloons, cards and all sorts of crap… She hugged Blain and gave him “wittle kisses” and all… It was so mushy it was disgusting… Seriously… Rico looked at me with a frown as I stared back.

Shamara: I missed you soooooooooooo much!!
Blain: You just saw me yesterday.
Shamara: So?! That doesn’t mean I can’t miss you can I?!
Blain: Maaaaaaaaaybe…
Shamara: How’s your leg doing?!
Blain: Ask him, I don’t know if he’ll respond.

Right from that moment, I knew Blain was changed. It never really caught my attention until now. He wasn’t that serious anymore, and he smiled a lot. It might look a little stupid to notice that, but I couldn’t help but to notice. Sure I’ve seen him laughing once in a while, but it looked like he was laughing more today then he did in his entire life… I should have known back then, but I wasn’t really paying attention to that back then…

Nicole: Rico brought some chocolates. Anyone?
Blain: Fire away!

So I tossed a chocolate over to Blain and he catches it with his mouth. Rico grabbed a few and I tossed one over to Shamara, deliberately aiming a bit too high so it would hit her forehead, and not her mouth… Funny… My stomach hurts when I laugh…

Rico: Heads up, doctors coming this way.

So I quickly hid the box of chocolates under the blankets…

The doctor said I was making progress and that I could leave the hospital in a few days. In the mean time, Cody and all the others visited me as well, and once I was recovered, I was discharged from the hospital. Rico was there to pick me up, and slowly but steady, we walked home. Seeing as it was on a Tuesday, everyone had to go to school. Rico told me he called in sick this morning to pick me up.

Now the doctor told me to rest a lot. I didn’t really feel to do much, and after Rico left, I was thinking… Thinking about everything that happened in the past few weeks… Then I remembered it clearly… A really scary thought… I was so scared of that, that I isolated myself from the others… I didn’t go to school anymore… I barely ate, drink, or sleep… I didn’t want to talk to anyone, not even Cody… All I did every day was just crying. That seemed the only logical thing to do at the time.

No one really knew why I acted like that the last couple of days. Even I didn’t know why I... Every time someone gets too close for comfort to me, I got a feeling I need to break out of a box. Like when everyone surrounds you, you need to punch your way through. And that’s why I isolated myself…

Then just one day, I heard a knock on the door... I looked up and saw Rouge standing in front of the window. She didn’t go away and she already noticed me. So I opened the door…

Rouge: Can I come inside…?
Nicole: Yeah…

And after she closed the door, I sat on the couch again, staring into blank space…

Rouge: Everyone is worried sick about you Nicole… What’s wrong…?
Nicole: … Nothing…

Then she sat down next to me…

Rouge: … You know… Cody told me everything…
Nicole: … What…?
Rouge: Yeah…
Nicole: Everything…?
Rouge: Yes… Everything…

As soon as she said that, I looked up to her with wide eyes… I wanted to say something, but I couldn’t. It was like something was stuck in my throat… After a long silence, I could finally utter some words out of my mouth…

Nicole: Th-They took away the only thing that was truly mine… My dignity… The-They took away my dignity…

Rouge: You don’t have to act big for me here, Nicole…
Nicole: Cody said-
Rouge: Don’t blame it on Cody that I know… At some point, he would have gone crazy for not telling it…

And I knew Rouge was right…

Nicole: Do-does everyone know…?
Rouge: No… Cody told me in private…

I nodded and just stared in front of me into blank space again… At some point, I couldn’t hold myself anymore and felt a tear rolling down my cheek…

After she gave a firm hug,
Rouge left after I asked her to. I sat on my bed for hours, staring in blank space… And after I realized the time, I took a hot shower and went to bed… Not closing an eye… There was no one on this entire planet… Just me and my pillow… And just cried ‘till dawn broke…








Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment