Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - What are we supposed to do?

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 17 - What are we supposed to do?

Chapter 17 - What are we supposed to do?
And another few weeks passed by without much happening... Blain rarely talked to anyone else and sometimes when I walked passed his house, I saw him either sitting on the couch tossing a ball against the ceiling or something like that. He went out on his own to do his own stuff, while I started to hang out with everyone else again. And this one time, everyone was at the lake, including me as we watched him leave towards the beach…



Amy: He really is heart broken isn’t he?
Nicole: Yeah…
Rouge: Poor guy.
Sonic: I don’t really understand what the big deal is with him. I mean, they’ve only been together for a few weeks.

Shadow: How the hell could you say something like that?

Then we all looked at Shadow… We never expected him to say something like that…



Sonic: Whadda ya mean?!
Shadow: A few weeks makes all the difference there is… Just look at me…

Sonic: Yeah but still. He changed dramatically over the weeks ever since he’s been with her… Sometimes I ever wonder if that really is the same guy.

Shadow: … "For my eyes have been mistaken, for this to be true, an angel so low,
an angel so bright, has stolen two stars from the night sky… And hid them within her eyes, so one day you shall see, the beauty within the Angel I see, but above all, she has became, the angel of my dream..."

Then it stayed silent for a while… We all looked baffled at Shadow…



Shadow: That’s what makes the difference and someone made me realize that a long time ago.

Rouge: Aww…
Nicole: That was like… Deep…
Shadow: Even the most evil, black hearted mean son of a dog can change if they encounter someone that makes it worth to change for… So I guess Blain can too…

Rouge: *hugs Shadow*
Shadow: *Grins*

Then it stayed silent for a while… At some point, they all looked at me while I didn’t know what was going on…



Shadow: … You still here Nicole…?
Nicole: Wait, what?
Shadow: I thought you would get it by now.
Nicole: What are you talking about?!
Rouge: Go to him, stupid!
Nicole: Wait, wait, wait, are you guys hooking me up with him?
All: Maybe…
Sonic: I swear, Nicole. I had nothing to do with it.
Nicole: Right… Why the hell would you guys want me to hook up with Blain anyway?

Sonic: Because no one else has the guts to be with him!! *laughs*
Nicole: Oh come on, he’s really not that bad…
Sonic: Naah…
Amy: That’s why you gotta go after him…


Their not serious are they…?



Nicole: You don’t think-
Amy: Come on! Isn’t it obvious?!
Rouge: Yeah! All the stuff you did together…
Amy: Those mushy nights at the beach…
Rouge: Not to mention when he stayed over at your place all the time…
Amy: I think someone needs a hug!
Sonic: *spreads arms*
Amy: And I’m not talking about you.
Sonic: Not even a little one…?
Amy: … No.
Sonic: …
Shadow: Haha, you got dissed!
Sonic: *punches Shadow*
Shadow: Hey, hey, hey!! Watch it furball!!
Sonic: Come on!! Bring it!!
Rouge: *slaps Shadow on the back of his head*
Shadow: … What the hell was that for?!
Rouge: Because you’re acting like a kid. You’re supposed to be the oldest one. Act like it.

Shadow: Well, he started it…
Sonic: *grins*
Shadow: *glares at Sonic*
Nicole: Guys, guys, everything is fine and all, but, what the hell do you want from me?!

Rouge: We don’t want anything from you! *grins*
Amy: Blain might want something…
Nicole: I swear, if you’re setting me up and make me look like an @$$, I’ll get back to you.

Rouge: There is no set-up…
Nicole: Then what is? Because I don’t trust this, not one bit. Everyone acts different today and I don’t like it.

Amy: You’ll see…
Nicole: What’d you guys do to him?
Rouge: … Let’s just say you’re not the only that talked to him…
Amy: Yeah. We persuade him.
Nicole: …
Rouge: And now he’s waiting for you.
Nicole: …
Amy: Go!
Nicole: Yeah but-
Rouge: … Go.
Nicole: … Damn it.

*sighs* Why me… There wasn’t really a way to talk myself out of this one, so I guess I had no choice. Actually, I’m growing pretty tired to hear someone else’s problems. I don’t have a problem with it, but lately it seems kinda… I don’t know… All I wanted was just peace.



And as I made my way to the beach, walking through the forests had a calming effect on me. It usually only takes about 10 minutes to walk to the beach, but it seemed much longer. You saw the sun shining through the trees and branches, and there was a typical scent in the air, which smelled of blossoms, tree bark, and the scent you get after the heavens bursts open and drowns the forests with water. There was always a certain scent in air the after it rained… The whole atmosphere just felt clean, and smelled as if the world was reborn. And I was actually walking through the forest with a smile on my face for some reason. Then I woke up from my daydream as I tripped over a tree root. I got up quickly again to look if anyone saw me. Then I walked away, feeling a bit embarrassed... I could have sworn I heard a chipmunk laugh or something…



And not long after that, I arrived at the dunes. Trying to get on top of them was a bit hard, seeing as the wind was rather… Windy. My hair kept blowing in my eyes and mouth, and I tried to “spit” my hair out. I looked out if I could see Blain, but no sign of him. Instead, I saw someone else, walking in the breakers while she held on to her shoes. I squint my eyes to see who that was, and as soon as I noticed it was Shamara I turned around and walked away…



And as I made my way back home, I saw Blain sitting on a log in the middle of a forest with a piece of paper, a pen and… Smoking a cigarette



Nicole: If you’re mother saw you smoking, she’d be very upset.

He looked up, and gave a smile…



Blain: Hello…
Nicole: ‘Lo.
Blain: How you been?
Nicole: I’m… Doing alright actually… How about you?
Blain: Not too bad…
Nicole: That’s good… I saw Shamara on the beach.
Blain: I know. I just came from the beach.
Nicole: Oh?
Blain: Yup…
Nicole: Nothing bad happened or something I hope?
Blain: Naah… Shamara and I talked about it, worked out things… So… It’s officially over now.

Nicole: I’m sorry…
Blain: Don’t be. It was difficult at first, but… At least we talked about it and broke up without a fight. So… That’s a good thing I guess.

Nicole: Yeah…

He smiled and went back to writing again. His handwriting was a bit sloppy and it reminded me of how my handwriting used to be when I was a kid. I looked at him and flicked his cigarette out of his mouth. He looked all baffled and frowned at me as he got another one from out of his pockets. And I grabbed it, crushed and threw it away. …And he grabbed another one. He puts it in his mouth, and I flicked it again, and this time, it broke in half while it dangles in his mouth. He kept looking at me and I tried to smile as innocent as possible. Hehehe…



Blain: … What the hell are you doing?
Nicole: You shouldn’t smoke.

Then it stayed silent for a while as I looked at the scenery…



Blain: You ok?

I sat there for a little while staring at the scenery, which looked more beautiful by the second… For the first time in my life, I had the feeling everything was complete. That I had everything I ever wanted… And the more I thought about it, the happier I felt. My stomach felt all tingly and fuzzy inside as I stared at the scenery. Maybe it was because I finally closed down a chapter of my life… And then I looked at Blain… I took off his glove and held onto his hand…



Nicole: I’m just glad to have you back…
Blain: So am I…
Nicole: Let’s go home…

And on the way home, we didn’t say much. We just looked around and at each other once in a while, and I almost tripped again over the tree root I fell over earlier. I could barely hold my balance as Blain laughed, and I pushed him over the tree root. He grabbed my arm and I got pulled down as he fell. I flicked his nose as we lay on the ground, and were just arsing and romping around like little kids. I didn’t notice it at the time, but as I was on top of him, for a very short moment, I felt something tingly and fuzzy in my stomach again… Then he just tickled me. I’m ticklish… I pushed him off of me and jumped on him, continuing romping around like little kids…



At some point, we lied down exhausted in the grass, staring at the oak trees above us, watching all sorts of animals do their things. Then something fell on my head. And as I looked down, I saw an acorn next to me. And as I looked at Blain, he received a few more acorns on his head. We both looked up, and we saw 3 squirrels walking up and down the branches, collecting stuff… Blain scratched behind his head and had a rather puzzling look on his face.



Blain: You know what I still don’t get?
Nicole: What?
Blain: I’ve seen a lot of creatures in my life. But, what I don’t get is… How come there are still animals?

Nicole: We evolved out of them.
Blain: Yeah but, aren’t they supposed to be extinct?
Nicole: … Nooo… Not exactly. It’s all part of evolution. Humans evolved out of monkeys and yet monkeys still exists. The same happened to us.

Blain: Like, you’re evolved out of a kangaroo and I evolved from a hedgehog more or less?

Nicole: Yeah. Millions, and millions of years ago, kangaroos were actually carnivores.

Blain: Meaning…
Nicole: Kangaroos ate meat and if you look at “primitive” kangaroos today, their all vegetarians. It’s all about evolution.

Blain: So if it wasn’t for primitive mammals we wouldn’t be here in the first place?

Nicole: Exactly. That’s why we respect nature and all the animals and all that.
Blain: Humans evolved out of mammals too, but I don’t see them hugging a tree or something…

Nicole: That’s true… But not every creature is hugging a tree either.
Blain: Meh… That’s not something I would do either… I prefer hugging something more… Fuzzy.

Nicole: Hehehehe…

And that’s how we got through the day… All we did that day was just talking… Hehe, we had a lot of catching up to do… And being with him and talking about all sorts of things made me forget everything else. I truly had the feeling now that its back, and I couldn’t have been more happier that day. We didn’t even noticed the time and sunset was starting to kick in. We went to his place and continued talking ‘till the morning hours… And it started to rain… And eventually, we were starting to get tired. Blain could barely hold his eyes open, and neither could I. So he offered me to stay over. He was sleeping on the couch though… So he got out some blankets and pillows for himself to sleep on the couch…



Blain: You need anything else?
Nicole: No, I’ll be alright. Thanks…
Blain: Alright then… Goodnight…

Then I went to bed myself… I couldn’t help but to notice that his house was very clean and tidy… There was not a speck of dust to be seen and his bed sheet was all fresh and everything… I keep hearing Blain turning over on the couch over and over again but he never lay still for a moment… I tried to sleep until I heard the bedroom door open and he lay down next to me in bed and cuddled me…


Nicole: What’s wrong….?
Blain: I can’t sleep…
Nicole: You know…
Blain: What…?
Nicole: What you just did could be found offensive to anyone else…
Blain: Whadda ya mean?
Nicole: …
Blain: … Hm…?
Nicole: You don’t lie down next to someone just like that, especially if it’s a girl…

Blain: … Why…?
Nicole: You can’t be serious…
Blain: What’s the big deal…?
Nicole: It’s because I could get the wrong idea… …You know?
Blain: No…
Nicole: …
Blain: Look, if you want me to leave, just say it… It’s just that I can’t sleep alone…

Nicole: Then what if you’re alone at home…?
Blain: Then I keep on thinking about lots of things for hours and eventually fall asleep…

Then I remembered that when I was a little girl, I couldn’t sleep alone either… I always had my teddy, or slept in between mom and dad… I guess Blain never had that…



Nicole: You know what my mom always did when I couldn’t sleep…?
Blain: What…?
Nicole: She always stroked my forehead and scratched behind my ear… Then I fell asleep just like that…

Blain: Does it work…?
Nicoles: Worked for me…

So I stroked his forehead and scratched behind his ear… He closed his eyes and smiled, and not long after that, I could hear an “rrrr”… Was he purring…?



Nicole: … Are you purring…?

Then he quickly opened his eyes and looked at me…



Blain: What? No…
Nicole: Yes you were…
Blain: I’m a hedgehog, not a cat…
Nicole: Riiiiiight…
Blain: What?
Nicole: I think it’s cute…
Blain: Hmpf.
Nicole: It is… I never heard you purring…
Blain: … I never did...
Nicole: Yes, you did… I could clearly hear it…
Blain: …
Nicole: Don’t worry, I wont tell…

He smiled and we cuddled as I still stroked his forehead and scratched behind his ear… He closed his eyes again…



Nicole: My mom used to tell me bed time stories… But that was a long time ago…
Blain: Stories…?
Nicole: Yeah…
Blain: What kind of stories…?
Nicole: You know… Pixie fairies and all sorts… I can’t believe I was actually listening to that way back. But… Heh… She always said that there was a little guy on the moon.

Blain: Doing what?
Nicole: Nothing. He just walked around and looked down on earth.
Blain: Hehehe…
Nicole: No seriously… She fooled me though. Every time I saw the moon, I tried to look for a sign of him. And every time I said he wasn’t there, my mom said that he was going for a walk.

Blain: Maybe he just didn’t want to be seen…
Nicole: Maybe not...



It stayed quiet for a while… Then he did the same I was doing to him… Stroking my forehead and scratching behind my ear…



Blain: You’re so fluffy and furry…
Nicole: Well yeah…

Then he nudges his head…



Blain: Can I…?
Nicole: Uh…

He placed his head on my chest on the patch of fur and keeps nudging his head on the patch on it. I felt how he touched the fur on my chest and keeps stroking it…



Blain: You’d be a good rug or blanket…
Nicole: Yeah well you would be a good road kill…
Blain: Hehehe…

Then again, it stayed silent for a bit… All I could hear was the rain pouring down and hitting the windows and the roof…



Blain: You know…
Nicole: Hm…?
Blain: I know so little about you… I don’t even know you’re age…
Nicole: … I’m 18…
Blain: When’s you’re birthday?
Nicole: August 17th… Anything else you would like to know?
Blain: … Favourite food?
Nicole: Uh… I don’t really know… I’m a vegetarian whenever I got the opportunity to be one...

Blain: … Favourite things to do…?
Nicole: I used to go out to clubs and all that… But… That’s all over now… Now I just love to kick back in the grass and watch the sky go by… Or sit at the lake… Or the beach…

Blain: Like me…
Nicole: Yeah… Like you… But I thought you hated the beach…

Blain: Hehehe… Depends if I’m not being shot at…
Nicole: Yeah… This reminds me of sleepovers I used to have when I was little…
Blain: Sleepovers?
Nicole: Yeah…
Blain: What’s that?
Nicole: Well… You’re a sleepover… Like the name says, someone sleeps over at your place…

Blain: Ah… So what’d you do?
Nicole: During a sleepover?
Blain: Yeah?
Nicole: Basically, stuffing ourselves with junkfood, staying up late and talk about all sorts of stuff…

Blain: Like what…?
Nicole: You know, girl things. Sometimes Cody had one as well and he trashed our sleepover with his friends…

Blain: Hehehe…


We stared at each other for a long time… I never told Blain that I like him… And… I didn’t know if he liked me back… Like I said a while ago, we never broke the boundaries of something that could have been more then just friends… And… It couldn’t be more of a perfect moment to break it… I placed my forehead on his and stared him in his dark blue eyes… His look became serious and stared right back at me. … We didn’t say anything… At some point, I moved in closer with my head and gently kissed him… He looks a bit confused and I guess he didn’t really know what to do. So I kissed him again… And again… And again…



We cuddled for a long time… He placed his head back on my chest and strokes the patch of fur… He clenched on my back as we cuddled and I scratched him behind his ear again…



For some reason, I remembered what I said when he first lay down next to me… And he just said he didn’t know why it could be offensive… Was he really that naïve…? Or did he just pretend not to know…? Maybe he didn’t really know… I guess the army isn’t teaching you that… On the outside, he looks all tough and confident, but deep down inside, he’s as insecure as he could be…



I rubbed my paws against his as he stared at me with wide eyes. And again, I kissed him and placed his hand on my boob… He looked at me and quickly pulled his hand away. I guess he didn’t want to get punched again like the time we went that pubHehehe…



And I felt how his fingers were stroking the patch of fur on my chest… The way he did it made me smile… He acted like I was very fragile and could break into thousands of pieces any second… Then he placed his head back on my chest... The way he acted ever since he lays next to me reminded me of how a young kid would act with his mother…



At some point, I noticed his head stopped nudging and that he fell asleep… I continued scratching behind his ear and not long after that, I fell asleep as well with a smile on my face…









Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kittyshootingstar on June 9, 2008, 12:22:53 PM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarLOL Blain purrs. That's absolutely hilarious. I just had this vivid mental image of his head on the body of my ridiculously fat cat. Maybe I should draw that... Oops, off track there for a second!! Awesome chappie!

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on April 9, 2008, 4:30:35 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0Aw, so sweet X3 I mean, this is what a lot of relationships are like in the real world. You don't need the intercourse, or the cheating on your partner, or all those others thing I shouldn't know about until I'm 18(i know way to much...) But what I really reaspect is two people being able to love each other with simple satisfaction. To me it's why there are so many broken hearts and single parent familes...
I blame tv >:[ Lovely work this time around. In fact your stories are always lovely, I like this one especially though, maybe because it's from a girl's viewpoint :) Â