Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Enjoy the silence

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 18 - Enjoy the silence

Chapter 18 - Enjoy the silence
That night was the start of something that would last for an eternity… It was relatively harmless considering it was just a kiss, but I guess a kiss says more then a thousand words… I know it sounds all mushy and everything, but it’s not. I’m not like that. I always kept denying that I liked him, right from the very beginning. I guess things aren’t always what they seem to be… But I’m intending to do everything very slow… I could use some peace after everything that happened…



That night, I woke up from sounds… As I rubbed my eyes and looked outside the windows, I could see the sun was coming up, but it was still fairly dark as I saw shadows moving along the trees and heard voices…



???: You think this is the place…?
???: frack dawg, how the hell am I supposed to know… You’re the one with the map…


???: For once, it would be actually nice to find them instead of finding out we’re at the wrong place again…!!

???: Would you keep it down…?!


And just about when I wanted to jump up and freak out, Blain muffled my mouth and whispered…



Blain: Sssh… I’ve been keeping tabs on those guys lately……
Nicole: Who are they……?
Blain: No idea…… For the past few nights, they’ve been sneaking around… So stay put…… I’m gonna find out……

Nicole: Well I’m not going anywhere if that’s what you think……
Blain: Good……


Then he pulled a gun from under his pillow and another gun from his drawer. He slowly pulls out the clips to check for ammo and gently loaded it…



Nicole: Are you insane……?!
Blain: Ssh……
Nicole: You’re NOT going out there by yourself……! You don’t know if these guys are armed……!

Blain: *grins*

And before I could stop him, he got up and ran towards the door with a minimum sound level, peeking through the windows every time he moved closer to the door… He looked all serious, and he reminded me of some secret agent guy I saw in a movie a long time ago. But this was dead serious… He slowly opened up the door, then ran away…



???: You heard that…?
???: Whot…?
???: I think someone is out there…
???: Oh great, then we can finally ask directions…

Then I heard someone falling, and yelling…



???: Get offa me!! Get offa me!!!
Blain: Get down on your knees!!!
???: Oh shoot!!! Oh shoot!!! He’s got a gun!!
???: A gun?!! He fracking got two of them!!!
Blain: GET YOU’RE HANDS UP AND GET DOWN!!!!
???: I didn’t come all the way here to get shot by some psycho hedgehog!!!
???: JUST DO WHAT HE SAYS DAMN IT!!!

Then I heard a shot…



???: OW!!! frackIN’ HELL!!! HE SHOT ME!!! HE frackING SHOT ME!!!
???: WHERE?!!
???: IN MY CHEST!!! IM DIEING!!! HOLY frack IT HURTS!!!!
???: I don’t see anything.
???: … You sure?
???: I’m positive.
???: Not even a little scratch?
???: … No.
???: How about blood? There is blood right?
???: Nope. It a bit red though.

Blain: Get down now!!!
???: Alright!! Alright!!

I was kind of interesting to see who they were… So I quickly got dressed and went outside… I saw an armadillo being rolled up as a ball, and… A huge crocodile on his knees… And as I got next to Blain, the crocodile jumps up and grabbed my shoulders. Blain took his aim again…



Crocodile: I swear, this dude is fracked up!! Run while ya can!!!
Nicole: Blain, lower the guns… What the hell…

He sighed reluctant and lowered it…



Nicole: What’s this all about?

Then that armadillo pops his head up from his curled up position…



Armadillo: Finally! Someone who asks questions first!
Crocodile: Rather then shooting around like some triggerhappy blat-blat cholo motherfracker aight?!

Then the armadillo pops his head back…



Nicole: It’s ok, come on out…

So the little ball jumped out and unfolded itself to a black armadillo and landed on his feet.



Armadillo: Oi! Would you get rid of those things!
Nicole: Who are you guys?
Armadillo: Well I’m Mighty, and that’s… Vector over there...
Nicole: Ooh… I’m- I’m Nicole, and that’s-
Vector: Psychohog…
Nicole: … Psychohog has a name.
Vector: And what may that be? –glares at Blain-
Blain: … Blain.

Then the crocodile and Blain were starting to argue again... About… All sorts things… That armadillo and I started talking…



Nicole: So, why are you here?
Mighty: We were looking for someone actually… ‘Cept handbag here, kept sending us in the wrong directions… We’ve been travelling for more then 4 months now, following directions that people gave us… And now we’re hopelessly lost… *sighs*

Nicole: Well, maybe we can help.
Mighty: You can?
Nicole: Well yeah, that’s the least thing we could do after mr psychohog went berserk.

Blain: Hey! Hey! Hey! Who’s side are you on anyways?!
Vector: Damn straight she’s right!! Holla back!!
Mighty: Vector, cut it out…
Nicole: Blain…
Blain: Psh…

Vector: You lucky mah homeboy spoke fo’ you!!
Blain: … Really?
Vector: Yeah!! Yeah!! That’s right B-boy double G mah jiggy dawg blat-blat!!

Blain: … Would you stop with fracking blat-blat thing already?!! Seriously, I don’t understand a frack of what you’re saying!!

Nicole: Will you two shut the hell up already!?
Vector/Blain: … Aight…
Nicole: Thanks… So who exactly are you looking for anyway?
Mighty: Well, the guy I’m looking for is-

I turned around and noticed the others are standing behind us… They all look sleepy and yawning and questioning why we were yelling. And as I faced Mighty again, his eyes were widened… Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Amy as well…



Mighty: … Is right here…

Then the four of them ran towards Mighty and they just hugged and laughed, telling that it was long time, and how much he changed over the years. I didn’t really get it. Neither does Blain…



Nicole: You know these guys?
Rouge: No, not really… I only know them by face…
Nicole: Am I missing something here…?
Rouge: Without a doubt…

As soon as Vector saw them, he got up from his kneeled position and went towards them as well. Seeing him on his knees didn’t really make it look like he was big, but he was gigantic when he was on his feet… He was five to six heads bigger then me, and heads towards the others as they also hugged him… It took about 15 minutes to say hi…



Blain: You know these guys?
Sonic: Yeah! Their with us!
Vector: Which reminds me. Do you always greet others while pumping them up with lead?!

Mighty: Can’t you just drop it already!?
Blain: I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t like having someone to sneak around my house at night. *glares at Vector*

Sonic: We actually got saved by him a couple of this when he acted like that…
Knuckles: Don’t blame him for acting paranoid.
Blain: … *slaps Knuckles on the back of his head*
Knuckles: *laughs*

Nicole: Excuse me but… You said you were looking for someone…
Mighty: Yeah… We were looking for Knuckles actually…
Knuckles: Me…? Why is that?
Vector: We got word from Angel Island… And…

Knuckles: Why, what’s wrong…?
Mighty: Well… They need you back on Angel Island…
Knuckles: I know, but…
Vector: We gotta get there as soon as possible…
Knuckles: And Julie-Su…?
Mighty: She’s still there…
Vector: With her big mouth attitude…
Knuckles: How’s she doing?
Mighty: Very good actually…

Knuckles sighed in relief after hearing this “Julie-Su” was doing very good. I had no idea who she was though, and Knuckles just smiled nervously around…



Nicole: Who’s Julie-Su?
Amy: His giiiiiiiiirlfriend… *makes mushy kissing noises*
Knuckles: Hey, shut the hell up. At least I got one and didn’t messed everything up.

Sonic: … You’re right on that…
Knuckles: Of course I am.
Amy: *Glares at Knuckles*
Mighty: Guys… Not to be rude or anything but… Is there a place where we can crash for the night…?

Vector: Yeah, I’m shattered…
Sonic: Well, no wonder, the sun is coming up…
Knuckles: There isn’t much space at my place…
Shadow: Yeah, the only one who lives alone is Blain.

Then everyone stared at Blain who was yawning and still holding on to his pistols… As soon as he realized everyone was looking at him, he looked around with shifty eyes…



Blain: What? Oh no… Oh hell no… Their not staying with me!!
Knuckles: Come on man, don’t be such an asswipe.
Blain: What!?
Knuckles: That’s what you always say!
Nicole: Yeah! And besides, you can stay over at my place…
Amy: Oooooooooh!! Look! He’s blushing!!
Nicole/Rouge: Aaaaaaaaaww…

Blain: Ok, ok, ok!! Shut the hell up!! Fine… But I swear, if you mess up my place, I’ll make you clean my toilette with you’re tongue until you can’t taste the difference between shoot and fried chicken… You got that…?

Mighty: Uh… Sure.
Vector: Party at Psychohog’s!!
Blain: Hey…
Vector: Aight, is cool, I’m just playing, daayumn! What the hell is your problem…
Knuckles: Alright, get some sleep then. We’ll see you tomorrow.
Mighty: Goodnight everyone.
Vector: Later…

Blain and I turned around to walk away to my house, but then…



Vector: *Ahem*
Blain: What?
Vector: How’d we enter your house if we don’t a have key?
Blain: *sighs*
Vector: Come on man, chop-chop!
Blain: *Glares at Vector*

So we entered Blain’s house… I got my things and in the mean time, Blain showed them a quick tour. And with quick, I mean really quick…



Blain: Bed. Couch. Bathroom. Questions?
Vector: Yeah, ever thought of decoration?
Blain: … Goodnight.
Vector: Later Esé!
Blain: Oh, one more thing.
Mighty: What is it?
Blain: Don’t sniff around in my closets. You’ll regret that.
Mighty/Vector: …
Blain: Goodnight.
Nicole: Goodnight guys.
Mighty: Goodnight Nicole.
Vector: Man, this place is whack!!
Mighty: … I’m taking the bed.
Vector: Oh hell no!!

And as Blain and I walked over to my place, we heard Vector and Mighty arguing, and running around the house…



As soon as we got inside my house, I sat on my bed while Blain just sighed as he sat next to me.



Blain: I know what you’re thinking.
Nicole: You do?
Blain: Yeah. Why I’m being so paranoid around strangers and-
Nicole: Well actually, I was wondering when you would get rid of the guns and went to bed. But now that you mention it, yeah. Why you’re being so paranoid?

Blain: I just don’t like it when people sneak around me or something. I mean, what do they have to hide?

Nicole: True, but that doesn’t mean you can stick a gun to their face.
Blain: … Chest.
Nicole: Same. Don’t do that.
Blain: Yes mommy.
Nicole: …
Blain: *grins* Goodnight!

And with that, he placed his guns on the table with the safety on, or, at least I hope so. He gets in bed and falls asleep right away. I just frowned at him. I mean, who the hell said he could sleep in my bed?







I guess there’s plenty of room after I kick him out of my bed…




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kittyshootingstar on June 9, 2008, 12:26:12 PM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Vector talking like that made me actually fall out of my chair.

Seriously, keep up the good work!

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on April 10, 2008, 10:29:04 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0Somehow I guessed Vector was in this chapter :D I think it was the beginning dialog, it made me think of the Chaotix without any hesitation. A fun chappie for me, I needed something too laugh at, had a bad day, so I'm on the road to recovery :) Ironically, there was no silence here...
Misleading Title!?
...I love it XD Good work dude!Â