Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Epilogue

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 22 - Epilogue

Chapter 22 - Epilogue
Many, many years have gone by since I encountered my dad again… Everyone grew older, including Blain and me. And with every year that passed, you saw everyone changing, especially Lara-Su. We grew really tight together and with Julie-SuShe’s been here for more then 3 years now, and I saw her growing up as if she was my own daughter. The bond that Blain, Cody and I had with Sonic and everyone else wasn’t just friends anymore. We became family. A tight, warm loving family that always looked after each other



Like I said a long time ago... Those bad things that happened to me happened for a reason. I would never understand the true reason of why it happened, but I’m not complaining. Those things only brought me and everyone else closer to each other. There are people complaining about how shootty their lives are and I just don’t understand why they do it, or why they isolate themselves from others. Because no matter how deep you’ve sunk, there is always a chance to reach the surface. But you need to do something for it. You gotta struggle for it. And once you got up the surface, you look under water and question yourself if it really was you who made it. People can complain as much as they like about their lives, but it’s not getting them anywhere. You can always try to help them, but in the end, they have to live with it. Now I can finally say I made it…



Heh… Seeing Knuckles and Julie-Su with their daughter made me think. Lara-Su visited us regularly if she didn’t went to school, and although we weren’t related in any way you could think of, she always called me “auntie” and Blain was called “unc”. And every time she left, I had a feeling something was missing…



Blain and I talked about having kids but he wasn’t so sure if he was ready for it. He saw how Knuckles got involved and all the responsibilities that came along. After months of consideration we finally tied the knot, but that didn’t mean he remained uncertain. Of course I was nervous too, but I had all faith in it that everything would work out. So we tried having a baby together…



Blain and I tried for months, but I never got pregnant… I didn’t complain though, if you know what I mean… Hehe… But, on the other hand, that was also rather frustrating… But then one day, I found out I got pregnant… As soon as I found out, Blain and I hugged each other overwhelmed with happiness, knowing that our efforts wasn’t in vain. Well, like I said, I didn’t complain but… You know… Hehe…



As the months passed by, I felt something growing inside of me. I can’t describe the feeling, but I can tell it was wonderful… I often stood in front of the mirror, looking at my belly to see if I could notice anything. Kangaroos are born very small, and unlike any other species, you didn’t see a belly. But I often held my hand on it, and I could sometimes feel it moving inside of me… I could see that Blain was enjoying it every time he held his head close to my stomach and placed his hand on it… I was moody once in a while, and very hungry whenever I felt my stomach rumbling but at least I had an excuse. I was eating for two now. Literally. Hehe… Over the months, we found out that I was expecting a girl… Blain and I thought up with all sorts of names, but we never agreed with each other choices… Then one name was interesting for us… Kaelyn…



But… During the 5th month of my pregnancy, something went wrong as I gave birth to herShe was 4 weeks too early, as opposed to the normal 6 to 8 months of pregnancy with kangaroos… I only held her for a few minutes that seemed like an eternity… And yet I wished it was longer then that… She was the most beautiful being I ever set my eyes upon, and I could still feel her tiny little hands clamping around my fingers… Kaelyn was dark violet, blended with dark cyan and huge dark purple eyes. Her tiny little tail being curled up every time she yawned… Blain was there besides me the whole time… He had a huge grin on his muzzle and held her close… She was his daughter… She was my daughter… My daughter…


They tried to save her, but to no avail… I had a miscarriage… Kaelyn died the next day due to complications of her premature birth… Blain and I were devastated by that… All the feelings I ever had were nothing compared to what I felt when she died… We had nights that we just cuddled each other and just cried together without saying a word… We had rough times ahead of us…



We buried Kaelyn under the great oak tree across the hill next to the lake, right besides our house… I carved something in that tree for her, but what I carved, I won’t tell. I want to keep that to myself… We visited every day, and usually stayed at the lake until dusk came over us… Sometimes we even stayed at night… But as months passed by, we slowly got over it, with our daughter in our memories…



I was 27 years old when I gave birth to Kaelyn. At the end of this story, I’m 31 years old… Knowing what would lie ahead for us in the future makes me regret I didn’t enjoy life more then I already did… The assassination on Robotnik proved to be a fatal move by whoever did it… Not only for, us but for the entire planet… I guess they didn’t think about the consequences of what they were doing… But… That’s a whole different story… It would still take 11 years… In the mean time, I’ll keep on living like I always did… Living without a care in the world… For now, I’ll say goodbye, but I’m sure I’ll see you again one day… Thank you







Goodbye…



Nicole…



The end…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment