Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Background story, fFAQ, outtakes and lost chapter

Nicole explaing her story...

Chapter 23 - Background story, fFAQ, outtakes and lost chapter

Chapter 23 - Background story, fFAQ, outtakes and lost chapter
Basically, I got a few things to say about this story.



Most of the situations in the story are based on real life events. I’ve been through a lot in my life, and all sorts of shootty things happened that shaped me into the person I am today. I really noticed I changed due to all the things that happened. Please read on if you’re interested about the background of this story.



Nicole and Blain aren’t just some random OC’s that I happen to create. They reflect “the good” and “the bad” sides of me. Writing has become a therapy for me to process all the things that happened to me. Some things were processed in chapters of Deus Ex Machina, but this story was heavily influenced by real life events. No matter how much I talked about my problems with friends, family, or just about anyone I know, it never made it seem to go away completely. And that’s basically why Nicole was brought to “life”. I think the way a girl expresses her thoughts are way more sympathetic then when a guy does. And it’s also because I couldn’t really imagine Blain saying all these things. Hehehe. Anyway, it’s also more of a symbolic meaning. Like, you noticed how Blain and Nicole were loathing each other in the beginning, and that basically explains the separate characteristics I had back then. The more I wrote, the better I felt, and eventually, ended up with Blain and Nicole being together and have a relationship. Like the separate characteristics were joined together and became whole again. Some events are also symbolical…



It wasn’t always the bad things that were based on real life events. Of course not. Also the good ones. For example, the part where they had a huge snowball fight also happened for real. Except we didn’t do that with 8 people, but with around +/- 30 guys and girls. I only knew 4 guys, but we joined anyway. No one knew each other and yet we all acted like we knew each other for years. And I guess that’s something that will stay with me forever.



And that’s what I wanted to tell basically.





FAQ THINGY



#1: What does “Sidera somnum suadent” mean?

Again, its Latin and it basically have two meanings: ”The stars advise us to sleep” ”I am what you will be”
I think this title fitted perfectly with the overall theme here. It wasn’t very easy to change Blain a lot, but I think I pulled it off quite well.

Lemme know if you got more questions.




OUTAKES!!!!



Cody: Hey Blain! Wanna play?!

Blain: Well, I got some thi-

Cody: Hide and seek!

Blain: I-

Cody: I will be the seeker!

Blain: It’s just-

Cody: I shall seek!

Blain: Well no, but-

Cody: I shall seek you!!

Blain: Eh-

Cody: Where could he be?!

Blain: I don’t think-

Cody: There he is… There he is right there… *points to Blain*

Blain: …

Cody: *grins*

Blain: Sure, what the hell. Start counting.




Blain: I don’t get it Shadow… What’s up with me?
Shadow: You’re in love kid.
Blain: … Me? In love? Get real…
Shadow: No really. Its like, when a boy likes a girl, sometimes the boy shoves his dic-

Rouge: Shadow!!!!



Shamara: I just wanna do something good for him, unlike you did!!

Nicole: You wanna do something good?!! Then get yourself sterilized and never have babies!!





LOST CHAPTER!!!!11



One day, on a nice warm sunny spring afternoon, Blain and I took a walk through the forest. I never really noticed of how high the trees were, and seeing all those woodland creatures doing their own thing was fun to watch. Birds singing in the flourishing trees while chipmunks ran up and down them and collected nuts and everything…



At some point, something caught my attention. I went over to it while Blain kept on walking…



Nicole: Blain, check this out…
Blain: What?

I walked over to something that looked like a concrete wall… Which was rather odd seeing as this was placed in the middle of a forest… And as I looked closer, I noticed more of small concrete walls in the distance… Also, the landscape was much higher in the distance… Then I noticed Blain walked towards me.



Blain: What is it?
Nicole: Don’t you think it’s rather odd…?
Blain: What?
Nicole: A concrete wall in the middle of nowhere…?
Blain: … Must be debris or something dating back from the war.
Nicole: Then how come it’s all solid and clean?
Blain: Whadda ya mean?
Nicole: Well if it’s debris, how come there isn’t any chunks missing?
Blain: No idea… Let’s just go…

As soon as I took the first step, I felt the ground underneath me sinking. Blain reached out a hand to pull me up and stepped back to get a grip. Then he realized the ground he was standing on also started to sink in…



Blain: …Whoa…
Nicole: Walk away… slowly…

So we both tried to walk away… But then the ground started to collapse and Blain grabbed my hand in a nick of time. As he slowly got up, the ground underneath him collapsed as well and we both fell down. We hit the hard rocks on the way down and I landed face first down as Blain landed not too far from me. My face and elbows hurt a lot, and I heard Blain groaning. And as I looked up, it was a bit dark…



Blain: Nicole?!
Nicole: Blain?! You ok?!
Blain: I’m ok!! You?!
Nicole: Everything hurts!!
Blain: Then you’re not ok!!

As soon as my eyes were used to the darkness, I could see Blain getting up. And as I looked around I noticed this was a very large area… I could hear my own voice echoing and I could see this wasn’t made by nature… The ground felt like solid concrete… All strange objects could be seen in the large distance but I had no idea what it really was…



Blain: Nicole?! Where are you?!
Nicole: Over here!!

As soon as Blain found me, we grabbed on to each other so that we wouldn’t lose each other.



Blain: Where the hell are we?
Nicole: I have no idea… It’s definitely not something made by nature…
Blain: Yeah, I figured that bit.
Nicole: Some light would be helpful…

Then I looked around and noticed I could see lots of desks and all sorts of papers on the ground with lots of computer like things. Then I really had no idea what this place was… All sorts of cable and boxes mounted on the wall with symbols on it…



Nicole: I see some old computers and… Stuff… You see it?
Blain: Yeah.
Nicole: Maybe there’s a way to turn the power on.
Blain: You don’t think it’ll work after all these years do you?
Nicole: Worth a shot.
Blain: True.
Nicole: …

I’m not some techno nerd or something, and I really don’t know anything about it, At some point, I noticed a box with a symbol on it that resemble electricity.



Nicole: I think I see one.
Blain: Where?
Nicole: Over there.
Blain: What symbol does it have?
Nicole: Eeeh… A yellow triangular… Wiiiiiiiiiiiith… A lightning bolt on it.
Blain: That’s the one.

So we both walked over to the box in the pitch black. All of a sudden, I heard something crunching and looked down. It was a… Uniform…?



Nicole: Blain…?
Blain: Yeah?
Nicole: Could this be an abandoned old military base or something?
Blain: Could be, why?
Nicole: Because I think I see a soldier’s uniform here…

Then Blain kneeled down next to it…



Blain: This doesn’t look like the uniforms soldiers are wearing these days…
Nicole: Why’s that?
Blain: We have a Net-Bat system integrated in the helmets with all high-tech features… This is just a normal helmet… Also… Camouflage doesn’t add up.

Nicole: Whadda ya mean?
Blain: It’s a desert camouflage… Who the hell would wear desert camouflage in the middle of a forest?

Nicole: Ooh…
Blain: And it has a flag on the right sleeve… Blue, white and red with stars on it and stripes… I’ve never see this before…

I kneeled next to him and squinted my eyes. I could vaguely see what he meant and I haven’t seen it in my entire life as well. Then he removed the helmet slowly… I scared the shoot out of myself that there was a skull underneath it… I jumped back to get away from it…



Nicole: WAAAH!!!!
Blain: WHAT?!!! WHAT’S WRONG?!!
Nicole: IT’S A SKULL!!!
Blain: Well that’s usually the case… The poor bastard got 4 bullet holes in his skull…

Nicole: GET RID OF IT!!!

So he placed the helmet back on his head…



Nicole: THAT DOESN’T MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!


While I was still freaked out a bit, we continued to that box I saw earlier and

I couldn’t really read what it said, so I wiped the box and squint my eyes. It was very hard to read…



Blain: What’s it saying?
Nicole: I don’t know… It’s some… Language…
Blain: Can you read it?
Nicole: It says… “Achtung”…?
Blain: Achtung?
Nicole: Yeah…
Blain: What the hell is achtung?
Nicole: … No idea…
Blain: What else does it say?

Then I wiped the rest of the box to get a good view on it… I had no clue what it said though…


Nicole: Achtung… Bei… aus… ausgeschaltetem… Hauptschalter unter… Spannung…?

Blain: … You know what it means?
Nicole: No… Do you?
Blain: If I did, I wouldn’t ask you what it meant…

Then I just opened it… It looked like an electronic switchboard… A very, very old one…



Blain: It looks like a switchboard… There should be a lever somewhere to override the power manually. Push it up five times…

And he was right. I saw a lever indeed. The lever went up and down rather rigid. I pushed it upwards with all my strength and after about three times, I was exhausted... Then Blain took it over... After he pushed it up 2 times, we could hear something... It sounded like jet engines taking off...



And not long after that, lights turned on one by one. Most of them exploded by the sudden burst of electricity, but at least we had some light... Then Blain and I saw where we ended up and why it was such a large area... Blain and I were baffled by the sight…



Nicole: Whoa…
Blain: shoot… Look at this place…

As a few lights got turned on in the very large area, we saw lots of vehicles… Military, by the looks of it, but also normal ones… Most of the light vehicles were flipped over and damaged. Although it wasn’t anything like we’ve seen before… Vehicles that looked like tanks, gunships with strange blades on it… More skeletons… Ew…



Nicole: What the hell is this place…?
Blain: Military base…

Then Blain went over to a cabinet file and yanked a drawer open. Everything was so dusty and filthy… He searched around the drawer and opens a lot more until he found a map. He wiped all the junk of a desk and unfolded the map…



Nicole: Coalitions…?
Blain: No… Countries… Look at the date…

Twenty-first of September, 2032…



As we both looked at the map, it was totally different from the map of Mobius today… All sorts of names that I couldn’t make any sense of… Names like… France… Spain, US… And all that… Two big continents were separated from the middle continent… If you take a look at the planet today, the other two continents were joined with the middle one. Or if I named it, America and Africa are stick together on Europe… Except for two islands, Australia and New Zealand. The both of them are now joined together and countries like Japan, Indonesia, Micronesia, French-Polynesia, and other countries that end with “Esia” were joined at Australia and New Zealand. A bit confusing, but basically, there are now only 2 continents left. … Lot’s of “Esia’s” by the way…



Blain: Holy shoot… This place is more then thousand years old…
Nicole: No…
Blain: Whadda ya mean no?
Nicole: They used “The reclamation”…
Blain: The what?
Nicole: *puts up deep voice* The reclemaaaaaaaaaaation…
Blain: … Eh?
Nicole: A huge war broke out somewhere in the year 2012 which ended in 2065 and almost wiped out human kind… After the humans almost annihilated themselves, they started all over again with the year counts. It also explains our origins…

Blain: What?
Nicole: Mammals started to evolve without the interference of humans... Slowly but steady, we learned how to live side by side with them. It took us hundreds of years to evolve like this and if it wasn’t for the humans, we would never be like this… Creatures adapted speech, and human behaviour…

Blain: How’d you know all that?
Nicole: I actually paid attention during class…
Blain: I’m a little confused…

Nicole: It’s quite easy… We live in the year 3132… So 3132 years ago, the humans started the reclamation, which means they are counting the years all over again. But before the reclamation, there were still 2065 years passed…

Blain: Meaning…
Nicole: The world where humans recorded history exists for 5197 years…
Blain: shoot…
Nicole: You didn’t know?
Blain: No…

As he stared back at the map again, I looked back at all those vehicles… They were really intimidating and lots of them were damaged and covered in dust and filth as thousands of years passed by…



Nicole: We gotta tell everyone…
Blain: What?
Nicole: … I think it should be put in a museum or something…

Blain: No…
Nicole: Whadda ya mean no?!
Blain: No. It’s best to leave it like this.
Nicole: What?! Why?!
Blain: Because, after you died, do you want anyone raiding your house and put your thongs and bra’s on display in a museum so that everyone can stare at your crap stained underwear?

Nicole: …

He had a point though… And my underwear isn’t crap stained for fracks sake… Ew…



At some point, I noticed some TV… I turned it on for the hell of it and noticed it wasn’t an ordinary TV… It did have images and sound but it was all black and white with red moving objects as the picture faded away once in a while.



Blain: It’s infra red.
Nicole: What?
Blain: Infra red is used to track down targets during the night. It’s mostly used on gunships.

Nicole: Ooh…

Then we both stared at it…



TV: Adjust elevation scan. Target reset.
TV: V1, rotate. V2, positive rate climb.
TV: There’s hostile armour moving in from the south, near the S bend by the water tower.

TV: Eh, navigation, confirm you see the water tower.
TV: Roger. Target locked and waiting for your all go.
TV: Confirmed. Take him out.
TV: Copy. Mark-19 loaded.
TV: Gun ready!
TV: Fire when ready.

Then this little dot on the tv got annihilated…



TV: Kaaaaaaaaaboom…
TV: All units, be advised, a possible nuclear device has been found. NEST teams are on location to disarm it. All troops are to fall back to the east ASAP.

TV: Chalk 5, roger, falling back.
TV: Chalk 2 copy that.
TV: We’re hit! We’re hit! Chalk 3 is going down, Chalk 3 is going down!
TV: TOC, this is Chalk 4, Chalk 3 is down, repeat, Chalk 3 is down.
TV: Chalk 5, request to initiate a search and rescue.
TV: Roger Chalk 5, be advised that you are not guaranteed to survive in the event the device goes off.

TV: Copy that TOC, we’re-

Then all of a sudden, we saw a big flash and everything started spinning… Then it went static…



Blain: Ouch…
Nicole: Whoa…

I turned the TV off and we looked around the base… We turned a corner and noticed that a huge part of the base was collapsed… We entered one of the doors but it broke down as soon as we tried to push it. It looked like some bed chambers with bunk beds stacked on top each other. It was a mess as lockers were down on the ground… One of them was open and contained a picture of a naked human lady... As we turned a corner, we got into what looked like showers. And there was a skeleton on the ground… With no clothes on him…



Blain: Poor bastard got shot while taking a shower.
Nicole: What a way to go.
Blain: Yeah… He died with a clean conscious and not that smelly.
Nicole: …
Blain: … Let’s move on.

So we went back to the





Yeah I never got to finish it… And seemed to be a bit redundant to me.



Anyway, like with all stories, I’m kinda sad that it ended, but I can also say it helped me with a lot of things. And if something happened to you, how stupid it might seem, put it down in you’re story. Well, if you’re making a story. Because I can tell you, it will give you a fantastic story, written straight out of your heart. I feel kinda stupid to say that this is a fantastic story, but basically, all I did was writing down what was bothering me. You’ll be judging if this was a “fantastic” story or not. To be honest, I can’t tell. All I know is that it helped me a lot…



Thank you for reading this, and I hope you liked the story as much as I loved writing it…



MrGimp.



Dedicated to a good friend of mine…



Erik



* 19-05-1986 13-03-2008


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kittyshootingstar on June 9, 2008, 12:55:11 PM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarWow, this story was awesome. The unfinished chapter was good, but yeah, it did seem redundant. Sort of like those deleted scenes on a DVD that didn't make it into the movie because thet took the story in another direction but they kept the footage anyway.

Anyway, awesome job, I'm so glad I got off my bum and finished reading this story.