Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Back in action

The final story of Blain and Nicole...

Chapter 2 - Back in action

Chapter 2 - Back in action
Like I said, nothing happened for us the first two years. But lots of things happened for the humans. After years of unrest, it finally seems to calm down… Humans got to vote for a new government and all sorts of political parties were founded. I didn’t really follow their political activities, but there was one party that had ideas to preserve animals and to protect them. I didn’t think they were talking about us, but still. I can actually imagine someone walking next to me to preserve me from any danger. There were other parties as well, but one of them was standing out from the others. It had these ideas Robotnik had a long time ago, and basically, the party was founded by Robotnik followers. They believe that humans are supposed to be the dominant species on the planet. And that was actually a very wrong move… Or very clever, if you look at the situation from their side…



Now, talking about us furries who ought to be annihilated and crushed under a human’s boot, didn’t go to well with us. Some humans didn’t agree with it either, but they were in minority and thus neglected. Basically, what happened was two sides were forming. One that supported the ideas of us furries that ought to be annihilated and the other one, where they believed we could all live in peace. And as the years go by, and the situation became restless again because of political intervention, more and more people got those ideas as they spread their propaganda and stuff. It was also rumoured that every political activist that was against them got rounded up by the ICA… And to make it worse, every new political person who seems to get more powerful never got heard of again… They just “disappeared” and sometimes was confirmed that they were assassinated by some “disgruntled” guy



And as for us… Well, not much didn’t changed. I got a letter saying I had to join the army. It didn’t have anything to do with my past, because I was just an average furrie to them. I was reluctant at first, because I didn’t want to go back. But it was either the army or to end up in prison for refusing duty. And seeing as we were only a small community, I was the only one that had to go… Hell, it’s only for two years… And every weekend I’ll be home…



The first few months were rather harsh. I really needed to get in shape again and get used to all those things. It wasn’t really a problem getting used to that lifestyle, but the difficult things were more of the memories I had. Well, and seeing I was a very short guy, I got bullied. Most of the time they wanted to fight me, to see how I would react so I just bashed them senseless. Slowly but steady, I grew a reputation. People started to respect me. But that also got me into a lot of trouble… I even stood in front of the court marshal, because I punched a senior officer… I started out as a humble soldier but got promoted… Private first class… Corporal… And eventually, sergeant again, like my old titleAnd not long after that, I got my own regiment under my command… The 506th regiment… I remember when I met these guys for the very first time… Like it was yesterday… Fresh new recruits straight of academy… They all stand in a single line as I walked by and looked at them one by one…



Blain: My name is Gunnery Sergeant Blain, commander of the 506th regiment!! From now on, you will only speak when spoken to!! And the first words and last words out of your filthy maggot infested pie-holes will be “sir”!! Do you turds understand that?!!

All: Sir, yes sir!!
Blain: Bullshoot!!! I can’t hear you!!
All: Sir, yes sir!!!

Blain: I am hard, so you will not like me! But the more you hate me the more you will learn! There is no racial separation here! I do not look down on echidna’s, foxes, armadillo’s, or whatever the hell you’re supposed to be!! Here you are all equally worthless!! And my orders are to separate all the son of a doges who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved regiment!! Do you understand?!!

All: Sir, yes, sir!!
Blain: Bullshoot, I can’t hear you!!
All: Sir, yes, sir!!!

Then I stood in front of one of them and looked him straight in the eyes as I got my head very close to his…



Blain: What is your name?!!
Armadillo: Tavish sir!!
Blain: Are you nervous private Tavish?!!
Tavish: No sir!!
Blain: Do I MAKE you nervous private Tavish?!!
Tavish: No sir!!
Blain: Good!! I like you!! From now on, you are my favourite turd!!
Tavish: Thank you sir!!

Then I walked by the others, and at some point, I noticed crumbs on the floor… I looked at the guy who stood in front of the crumbs… Echidna…



Blain: You, step forward.

So he stepped forwards…



Blain: What is your name?
Echidna: Ezran, sir!!
Blain: Ezran… Right. Now get down on your knees.
Echidna: Excuse me sir?!
Blain: Get down on your knees you pathetic excuse for a lifeform!!!

He got down on his knees. I grabbed his head moved it closer to the ground…



Blain: Are these your crumbs?!!
Ezran: Sir yes sir!!
Blain: What were you eating private?!!
Ezran: A sandwich sir!!
Blain: And why the hell would you eat a sandwich?!!
Ezran: Because I got hungry sir!!
Blain: You got more of these?!!
Ezran: Sir, yes sir!!
Blain: Get out the sandwiches.

So he got out two more sandwiches…



Blain: Right. As you all may know, private Ezran is hungry. Eating in barracks is prohibited, but seeing as private Ezran is hungry, I shall let it slip this one time!! So while he eats up his sandwiches, the others are gonna have a lil’ exercise!!! Drop and gimme 50!!! Private Ezran, enjoy your sandwiches!!

Ezran: S-Sir?!
Blain: You heard me!! You’re telling me you are neglecting a direct order?!!
Ezran: No sir!!
Blain: Then get to it!!

So the others got down and I made them do push-ups…



Blain: One!! Don’t you feel dumb!! Two!! Look at you!! Three!! This is a fun place to be!! Four!! I don’t know what rhymes with four, but I don’t give a frack!!

And as Ezran sat on his bed eating his sandwiches as I ordered, the others glared at him… Hehehe… I made them do a total of 50 push-ups. After they were finished…



Blain: Did it taste good private Ezran?!!
Ezran: Sir, yes sir!!

Blain: Good!! Because the next time I see you eating in the barracks I’ll make you clean toilettes with your tongue until you cant taste the difference between shoot and fried chicken!! Do I make myself clear private Ezran?!!

Ezran: Sir, yes sir!!


Well I was harsh on those guys, but also rewarded them when they did something good. But if one fracked up, the whole regiment fracked it up and I made them pay for one guy’s mistake. That is the only way for them to learn and to learn how to work in a team. And every time I got back home, I totally switched. I wasn’t a mean son of a dog when I got home. Nicole noticed I changed, but not that dramatically. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea at all to join the army…



And as the months passed by, I got to know these guys. I got word that we were one of the most disciplined regiment in the army, and I was proud of those guys



Although it was in the middle of the summer, it was still a pretty cold night… I waited patiently for more then eight hours in the bushes… The guys next to me and behind me were a bit nervous, and to be honest, I was nervous as well… For more then eight hours, we didn’t talk. Only communicated with hand gestures… You could feel the tension in the air… Sweat drops poured off my forehead and what’s worse was that a twig was poking my @$$ and itching like hell. I couldn’t move… If we were discovered, the consequences would be severe… Slowly I tried crawling forward just to get rid of the damn twig in my butt…



We’ve set up an ambush and we’re waiting for an enemy squad to come through… Weapons ready, locked and loaded, patiently waiting… After countless of times looking through my scope, I finally spotted them in the distance. I gestured to the others that they had to prepare…



About half an hour later, we could hear them… They came from the open grass plains and entered the woods… The location we picked was of strategic importance, seeing as it was on a hill… A perfect place for an ambush… They got closer and closer… And at some point, we could actually feel their heart beating… I gestured to the others to wait. Slowly, but steady, they came closer… We became more nervous as they got closer to our position… I gestured the others to pull off the safety of their weapons, but not to engage…



At some point, I could see the shoelaces of one of them. Then I gestured to the others to slowly stand up while aiming at them… We got up slowly, and turns out I was facing the enemy’s sergeant while aiming my weapon at him as the others stood up and surrounded the group…



Blain: Bang…
Sorento: Sergeant Lennox!!!
Lennox: Sir!!
Sorento: You just lost 90% of your entire squad!! Get back your @$$ back to the rendezvous point and start over!!

Lennox: Yes sir!!
Sorento: Sergeant Blain?
Blain: Yes sir?
Sorento: Dismiss your regiment.
Blain: The 506th is dismissed!!

Then there were lots of cheers and laughing. Everyone was very relieved it was over, but also that we managed to beat the other team without losing one of our guys…


Sorento: One hell of a job sergeant.
Blain: Thank you sir, but it was Tavish who arrange the set up.
Sorento: Tavish?
Blain: Yes sir.
Sorento: Bring him up front.
Blain: Yes sir. Tavish!! Front in center!!

Then Tavish ran towards and saluted.



Tavish: Tavish reporting in as ordered sir.
Sergeant: Captain Sorento wants to have a word with you.
Sorento: At east. You arranged that ambush?
Tavish: Yes sir.
Sorento: I see… That would be one hell of an ambush if you did that in a combat situation. You’d be actually saving a lot of lives.

Tavish: Yes sir, well, it’s actually an act of common sense… Sir.

Sorento: That’s what it’s all about Tavish. Common sense. I’ve been keeping an eye on you lately. Sergeant?

Blain: Yes sir?
Sorento: See if you can arrange something for the kid.

Then I looked at him and he nodded. I knew what he meant.



Blain: Yes sir!
Sorento: Dismissed.

We both saluted the captain as he walked away…



Tavish: Sir?
Blain: What is it?
Tavish: What did the captain mean by that?
Blain: What he meant was that I should congratulate you.

Tavish: I’m promoted… Sir?
Blain: Sorento is very picky when it comes to that. And I believe him when he says you’re the right guy for the job. So congratulations… Corporal…

If faces could express in words, there’d be not enough words. His eyes were all sparkly as a big grin covered the armadillo’s muzzle. He saluted with a big grin.



Blain: Dismissed. Get yourself a hot shower and get some shut eye.
Tavish: Yes sir.
Blain: Oh and Tavish?
Tavish: Sir?
Blain: Don’t drop the bar of soap like last time. Rico might get the wrong idea.
Tavish: Hoo-ah sir.

Then he walked off while I could hear him laughing…



And that’s how I got my corporal… He’s like a second leader under my command. Good kid… Twenty one years old…



Now there was only one thing bothering those guys… They see I had those scars, and knew I had a bionic arm. I told them I was in the first war, but not what my true purpose was. They didn’t know I was with the RRTS. And they kept on guessing and guessing but never got it right. So to make it interesting, we made a pot. Every month, they placed 25 dinar in the pot, and whoever guesses it first wins everything. So far, 425 dinar is in the pot, and they still didn’t guess it.



And that’s basically what I’ve been doing these 2 years…



One day, we received the first word… I was so shocked by that, that I didn’t know how to bring it to the guys… But I had to… I heard it when I got summoned to the major’s quarter to be informed of the current situation… And I can tell it wasn’t good news… I saluted the major and headed back to the barracks where everyone else waited…



On the way to the barracks, I still couldn’t believe it… Did I hear it right…? I guess so… I saw my own hand shaking… I took a deep breath before I opened the door



Argento: Attention on deck!!

They all stood up and saluted as I walked through…



Blain: As you were.
Vaux: ‘Sup Sarge? Not something bad is it?
Blain: I’m afraid it is.
Forza: What is it…?

So I prepared myself to bring the news. I looked around and sighed, as they all were a bit nervous of what ever it is I’m about to tell…



Blain: At 06:23 this morning, we lost contact with our outpost near the border. These guys were stationed on high alert, and it seems they were being attacked. No one knows who was behind the attack, and apparently, there are no survivors. Satellite photos indicate that the humans are preparing a Titan armada and the current situation is very foggy at this point. We will be send out to take control of the situation and we’re being stationed on high alert. We do however, got the order to shoot on sight if hostiles are converging on our location and are not complying.

I’ve seen a lot over the years but, telling you someone to risk their life for someone else is something that is really hard to do. The look on their faces said a lot… It stayed quiet for a while…



Blain: We’ll be going next Monday. At 01:00 hours, we will be shipped out by Titan. The 501st, 502nd, 503rd and the 506th will be dispatched. More details will follow, so don’t be late then. Sixteen hundred hours at the briefing room next Monday.

All: Yes sir.
Blain: Questions?
Rico: Are the 501st, 502nd, 503rd and the 506th the only ones that will be going…?
Blain: No, we are the ones that will leave on that particular day. The 505th and the 507th are leaving tonight.

Ezran: How many forces are dispatched in total, sir?
Blain: 36.000 troops…
Jarod: Is it that bad sir…?
Blain: I’m afraid it is. We’re only being send there as a peace corps. But that doesn’t mean it goes without danger. Any other questions?

All: No sir.
Blain: Very well. Carry on.

They saluted and I saluted back… Then I walked out of the barracks… And that night, we watched the first titan taking off with 14.645 of our guys…












Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kittyshootingstar on June 9, 2008, 1:04:15 PM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarWoah, this is starting to get good! Can't wait to read more!

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on May 2, 2008, 10:58:40 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0Dropping the soap is a very common term over here XD I have't heard it in a while, so that was extremely funny for me. Also the sandwhich, had me rofl :3 I fudgin love it already, and it is only the start! Can't wait to see what comes next
 
 
 
 
....hoo-ah....XD Â