Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - The truth about you...

The final story of Blain and Nicole...

Chapter 10 - The truth about you...

Chapter 10 - The truth about you...
Last night, we met up with the others. I only had sleep for 2 hours, but it was better than nothing. And once we did finally meet up with the others, I didn’t show it, but I was really glad to see Tavish, Shifty and Rico. We managed to get some sleep, and as we woke up a few hours later, we ate and drank. It wasn’t much, but hey. I introduced Scyth as a survivor Jarod and I found. No questions were asked, and I told Jarod that he shouldn’t mention what Scyth and I really are…



Once we finally had enough rest, we set out on reconnaissance. Tavish, Shifty, Rico, Jarod, Scyth and me went out in the city as other “regiments” set out as well to look for threats. Scyth was walking behind Jarod, and I didn’t know what really happened, but Jarod made all of a sudden a twitchy move. Then he fell down on the ground as a small puddle of blood was forming underneath him…



Jarod: Ow!! frack!!
Tavish: SNIPER!!!

We all ran behind and took cover behind walls and wrecks, not too far from Jarod. He looked at us…



Rico: Where’s he shot sergeant?!! Can you see him?!! Sergeant!!
Tavish: Stay down Rico!! *pushes Rico against the wall*
Rico: Sergeant!!
Tavish: What the hell is the matter with you?!! Who’s gonna take care of you when you get shot?!! Huh?!!

Blain: Stay down Jarod!!
Scyth: Blain, you see him…?
Blain: No… Jarod was down before we heard the shot…
Scyth: I see him…
Blain: Where…?
Scyth: Near the wreck on top of the building, two o’clock…
Blain: There’s nothing out there…
Scyth: Look closer…

As I looked closer, I saw a reflection of light…



Scyth: See it…?


I looked at Scyth and then peeked around the wreck… Then I noticed a barrel… The figure starts to take shape and after a while, I realized it was a human, perfectly camouflaged under a pile of rubble… I was startled for a bit, and then I heard a ricochet behind me as I moved my head behind the wreck just in time…



Blain: frackin’ hell…!!
Scyth: If you were out there, you’d be dead already…
Blain: … Yeah…
Scyth: There’s one up the building as well…
Blain: I see him…

Scyth: Take my radio… It’s adjusted to their frequency… Listen if their up to something… I’ll lure them out.

Blain: … You’re frackin’ insane…
Scyth: Aren’t we all…?

I looked at him and he just grinned… He grabbed his weapon and moved on his hands and knees and I noticed the sniper looked away. We grabbed this opportunity to drag Jarod behind a wall as Rico took care of him… Then I noticed the radio…



Radio: I got a positive ID on Sigma-Alpha 301…

Scyth looked at me and I gestured him to run. Which he did. Holy shoot, this guy was fast… He didn’t run as fast as Sonic could but… He sprint his legs out of @$$, jumping over obstacles and rolling over…



Radio: I lost him… I lost sight of him…
Radio: You see anyone else there?
Radio: That’s a negative.

Not long after that, a shot was heard. We peeked over the walls, and the human on top of a building dropped dead of the ledge and fell all the way down… I heard how he hit the ground and it was rather unfortunate how he hit the ground, but the sound of someone hitting the ground and breaking a few bones sends chills down my spine. And then another shot was heard…



Scyth: Clear up!!
Blain: Clear down!!

Then I noticed Scyth got up. He was in view all this time except I couldn’t see him… I looked at Jarod, but he looked alright. It looked worse than it actually was, he started smiling again. I walked up towards Scyth who was standing near that dead body that fell down the roof. He looked awful… I saw a bone sticking out of his leg while his ankles were dislocated. He had cuts all over his body from hitting the wall on the way down and his eyes were wide open as a stream of blood was going down his lips… Scyth looked at me, and than back at the human…



Scyth: See it…?
Blain: … He’s not a GUN soldier…?
Scyth: Nope…
Blain: … Then what is he…?

Scyth flicked his ear-rings, closed his eyes and sighed…



Scyth: It’s one of Zakhaev’s men… He’d be pissed if he found out I killed one of his best men…

Blain: Zakhaev…?
Scyth: Yeah… The guy who’s been chasing me for the last decades…

Blain: … I see… Why are they after you…?
Scyth: Couple of reasons…
Blain: … Go on…
Scyth: First of all, I’m a Lifeform… Created by Robotnik as well… They wanna exterminate every single one of them…

Blain: Why?
Scyth: No idea… But they think I’m the last one… Also, I was behind the hit on Robotnik…

Blain: … It was you…?

Scyth: Yeah… I saw life shortly after the first war ended… I had no idea why I ever was created… Or why I was set loose… Robotnik survived the war… I don’t know how… But he turned his back on me… He sent Zakhaev after me with the intention to take me out… I took on the roll of an assassin, and took Robotnik out instead… Also because it paid good…

Blain: So who you’re working for…?

Scyth: For the highest bidder… And the strange thing is, I never had weapons training or anything like that… Ever since the very first time I opened, my eyes, I was capable of handling almost every type of weapon there is…

Blain: How…?
Scyth: That’s where you came in…
Blain: Whadda ya mean…?
Scyth: If I recall…

He felt my left arm…



Scyth: You visited Robotnik after you deflected…
Blain: I had no choice… I was dieing…

Scyth: I’m not saying you’re a traitor Blain… The thing is, Robotnik used something of you to create me, with the same knowledge you have… I don’t know how he pulled it off, or why, but he did… After I took Robotnik out, I thought that Zakhaev would give up. But he didn’t… Instead… The job got passed on to some guy called Paul Miller… Head of GUN… He took over from Robotnik…

Blain: The Junta…?

Scyth: Exactly… Miller had no enemies what so ever, and all of his actions had the green light. They’re own government didn’t have anything to say about it… Then the rumours started… Rumours of assassinating Miller and change it into a democratic government… Miller found out and executed everyone for high treason… Then he formed his own type of government… Except the humans didn’t agree… There are lots of people who want Miller dead as well… And I’m one of ‘em…

Blain: So what’s happening now…?
Scyth: Miller struggles to stay on top while the GUN and ICA continue their ways… This could be all over very soon… Miller has no idea what he’s doing while the pressure grows larger on him… He’s gonna make a mistake someday, and when he does, I’ll make sure he’ll regret it…

Blain: Right… Something bothers me though…
Scyth: What…?
Blain: … How’d you know all that…?
Scyth: … What? The names and everything?
Blain: Yeah.
Scyth: Because I was there from the very beginning… I was there before it all started…

Blain: Right…

I took a glance at him. He looked at me for a moment…


Scyth: Look… These guys want me dead, Blain, and if they find out you’re one of ‘em, you’ll get hunted down as well… I don’t need you’re help… Then again, I can’t do this on my own… We’re in it together and the only way to survive is to work together… I need you, and you need me...

Blain: …
Scyth: Trust me… All my life I’ve been looking for lifeforms… For decades I’ve been disappointed to know that there are no more… Then I discovered you…

Blain: … What if you’re mistaken?
Scyth: I’m not… I know you are… But they don’t know… All I’m asking is to be part of the MNAF… I’m tired of getting chased down like that, Blain…

Blain: … Got a plan…?
Scyth: There’s always a way…
Blain: … Go on…

Scyth told me his plan. How to end the war. When I heard it, I thought he was crazy. But I guess all lifeforms are. He wanted to assassinate Miller, Zakhaev, and some other guy, who were responsible for everything. The thing is, he told me about a few humans who are on his side. But it’ll have to wait… Scyth told me it was very risky, and once I was in, there is no way out. No one should be informed of the plan… For now, the MNAF is somewhat intact, and we’re trying to push them back. It’s war now. The plan that Scyth has is only meant as backup encase everything goes wrong… Things brighten up though… For the very first time in weeks, ever since this started, I had the feeling we were making a difference and finally could strike back at those frackers…


We continued our way back to the others. Jarod was fine in the end, except he kept on doging about his wound. I can’t blame him really. But as soon as we were starting to relax, Scyth received a message on his radio that scared the living shoot out of us…



Radio: Something went wrong. We haven’t heard from him in hours.
Radio: You think he’s there?
Radio: Most likely. He reported that he has been seen with MNAF troops.
Radio: Alright… Dispatch the ICA. Be adviced, I’ve spotted a battlewalker regiment of the MNAF a few kilometres up north… Handle with extreme caution.

Radio: Roger.

Scyth: They know where we are now…

We took immediate action. All the weapons we got were brought outside, and we placed a fifty calibre machine gun on top of a roof. A few scouts got send out to keep an eye on the surroundings as we placed mines… After an hour or so, we were done… All we could do was to wait for them…



Hours passed by without hearing from them… It turned night… Then one of the scouts reported he spotted infantry of around 50 men, escorted by 2 tanks and 4 battlewalkers. After hearing that, we wanted to abort the attack but Scyth came up with an ingenious plan. If we manage to take out the first tank and the last, their gonna be stuck in the street and that would give us the opportunity to perforate them all. The only problems are the battlewalkers… But we needed to make sure they would enter this particular street, or we’re fracked… Scyth said not to worry about it…



I could hear them in the distance… Not long after that, I saw them. I was up high in a building, watching them… Two battlewalkers up front with a tank behind them, infantry in the middle, tank after that, and two battlewalkers behind them… Then all of a sudden, a loud explosion is heard, and I noticed as I looked down a massive EMP pulse spreading out down below. Everything that was electrical short-circuited that was in range of the pulse, and the troops get disoriented down below. After that, it was easy to take them out… The fifty calibre machine guns rattled from above as anti-tank missiles light up the night and massive explosion after explosion occurred… The enemy troops below had no idea what was happening and were still disoriented by the EMP pulse. One by one, they all got gunned down… It only lasted for fifteen minutes and these guys never had a chance. The gunfire died out as we all got out on the streets again… We were looking through the wrecks and inspecting the dead bodies for anything useful… What we found was a lot of weapons and ammo…



Scyth: That’s one for the good guys…
Tavish: Hehehe…

Half an hour later, we moved out of Robotropolis. The plan was to move to an MNAF base located 124 kilometres from Robotropolis. Although we managed to have a small victory here didn’t mean the morals of the guys were raised… Most of these guys were afraid of what might be ahead… Some were worried sick about their families and friends, and so was I…



We’ve been walking for almost a week without much sleep… On the way, we didn’t encounter much trouble… The guys however, didn’t say much on the way and only talked when someone asked them something…



In the distance, behind the hills, I could see our flag waving in the cold night sky. I remember when we first noticed the flag, everyone sighed in relieved and seeing that flag raised up their morals a bit. They started talking again and I couldn’t resist cracking a smile. We made it. We finally made it. After days of walking, we finally made it…



One of the guys ran up the hills and looked in the distance… As we all slowly walked up the hill, our hopes got shattered to pieces once again… What we saw was a base in ruins… Burning tank wrecks, dead bodies scattered throughout the base… At that point, it was truly FUBAR…



Some became pissed and threw their gear on the ground, cursing and swearing… Others just sat down and sobbed… And there were guys who just stared into blank space… Like me and some other guys I didn’t know… He looked all pale and was shaking a bit…


He grabbed his gear and looked at me… He said he was going to take a piss somewhere… I knew what he was gonna do… He wasn’t gonna go for a piss… And not long after that, we heard a shot… I closed my eyes and sighed…







Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on June 2, 2008, 6:06:32 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0Damn, that was epic.
I also forgot what the A in FUBAR stood for...
I remembered all the other intials just not that one :P Brilliance is another good word to describe this :3 Can't wait for the next chapter! :D

MrGimp on June 2, 2008, 7:42:15 AM

MrGimp on
MrGimpFUBAR: Fudged Up Beyond All Recognition

XD

Thanks for the comment! >w<