Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Kickin' Butt and Takin' names

Someone destroyed the Earth,
Someone destroyed their lives,
Someone's gonna pay.
Someone had better be watching their Back.

Chapter 10 - Kickin' Butt and Takin' names

Chapter 10 - Kickin' Butt and Takin' names
Chapter 10
"Were is she?" Mr. Spacely shouted at the top of his tiny lungs. He was mad. A war ship! Landing on his docks! People who rode around in fully equipped war ships usually meant business, and not the kind of business Mr. Spacely liked. Their kind of business was bad for business, which was bad for his profit, and he liked his profit, you could even say he loved it.
"Were is that girl?" he screamed again.
"Cool your jets boss, I'm right here." Juniper Lee had just arrived in the monitoring station. "Who do you need me to beat up?"
"Who ever owns that ship!" he pointed violently at the screen showing the Avenger. "I want them off this planet NOW!"
"Alright, alright. Don't get your underwear in a knot. Who exactly am I looking for?"
Spacely signaled to one of the workers at the monitors who then brought up a picture of Betty and Jake.
"So it's a shrimp with one eye and a girl with no fashion sense. I'll take care of it boss. Don't you worry your little bald head." with that she strode out the door and towards the market place.
Meanwhile, Betty and Jake weren't having the best of luck with supplies. It seemed that all the honest merchants sold poor quality merchandise, while the shady ones had ridiculously high prices. They were just entering another store when someone stopped them. It was a girl. Tall and a little skinny with long silky black hair that only seemed darker thanks to a long shock of white hair coming off her forehead.
"That your warship on the docks?" June said in a tone that seemed to be asking for trouble.
"Maybe," Betty wasn't going to allow herself to be intimidated, "Who wants to know?"
"Looks to me you could've parked it better. I think you should try again, on a different planet."
"You got a problem with us bein' here?" Jake moved towards her as intimidating as possible.
"If you're looking to start something shorty, go ahead. I've got whole can of butt whoop with your name on it."
"We're just looking for supplies," Betty said calmly, "then we'll be on our way."
"Well you know what?" June said, "I don't care. Ether you move that hunk of junk, or I move it."
Jake was still refusing to back down. "Who do you think you are anyway?"
"Who am I? I'm what you might call the sheriff 'round these parts. Who are you patchy?"
That was the final straw for Jake. He lunged at her and dragoned up, temporarily confusing June as she dodged with a perfect back flip. She quickly got over it, however, when she saw Jake coming around for another strike. As soon as he was in range June lashed out with a high kick, sending Jake flying.
Jake shook off the dizziness and came back for another round. He tried to bring his claws down on the girl but with surprising strength she caught his arms. Betty took this temporary dead lock to analyze the girl. She obviously had disproportionate strength and judging by the way she moved she had some martial arts training. June kneed Jake in the stomach and let a punch connect with his jaw, knocking Jake away again. Jake tried another charge, this time breathing fire.
Jake could hold his own in this fight and his natural armor could hold up, but too many more of those punches could have killed him. Betty decided that this fight needed to end now, it was drawing too much unwanted attention. She reached to her belt and plucked off a small, silver device. It was time to call in Phantom.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment