Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Space Ghost

Someone destroyed the Earth,
Someone destroyed their lives,
Someone's gonna pay.
Someone had better be watching their Back.

Chapter 4 - Space Ghost

Chapter 4 - Space Ghost
        “No, bigger!”
        “Not that big”
        “And green!”
        “It was yellow.”
        “Are you sure you even saw it?”
        “Are you sure your eyes were screwed in right?”
        “Oh, brother.” it had been almost two months since the attack but it felt much longer to Atomic Betty. Mainly because she was getting nowhere in finding the culprit. Jake was getting impatient and Jenny still had some screws to tighten, if you know what I mean. At the moment the three were going though the Galactic weapons archives to try and identify what kind of beam was used. Obviously they were having very little luck
        “Why are we even doing this?” Jake asked plainly.
        Betty tried to explain it again. “Were trying to find out what kind of weapon was used to–”
        “No, I mean why aren’t we out there, hunting them down.” Jake stood from his seat in the small room and pointed out the window.
        “Trust me, we’re helping out more here.” She wasn’t sure if she was trying to convince Jake or herself of that. “Without us, nobody would know who to look for.”
        “Yeah, we’ve made a whole lot of progress!” Jake shouted sarcastically, “Why after only six weeks we found out it was a space ship, maybe if we pull an all nighter we can find out the color by Christmas!”
        “I almost destroyed Christmas, once.” Jenny said wistfully.
        “Oh, and let’s not forget our most valuable asset, Jenny, the Dysfunctional Robot!”
        “Hey! It’s not my fault those intergalactic egg-heads can’t get all the bugs out!” Jenny had now risen to her feet to stare down Jake. Even though she stood almost two feet taller that him, Jake didn’t seem to be phased. Betty saw that fire creeping into his eye again.
        “Look, I’ll try and talk to Admiral DeGill about getting us a mission, but you have to understand, there are rules and regulations regarding missions like this. And when you factor in our personal involvement it’s very unlikely that we’d be able to get off this base. I don’t like it either.”
        Jake began to calm down, “I’m sorry, it’s just– I feel so helpless.”
        “I know.” Betty began gathering up her things, “I think we just need a little brake.”
        After putting her things in her quarters Betty went to see DeGill. She had no trouble getting to see him as she already had an anointment to discus possible suspects.
        “Good evening Betty,” DeGill said as she walked in. “How are you holding up?”
        “I think I’d do a little better if I had an actual mission to go on.”
        “Sorry, Betty, you know as well as I do the rules.” DeGill quickly changed the subject, “Let’s go over our original list of suspects and see if we can narrow it down.” he pulled a very long piece of paper out of his desk.
        “Irkins?”
        “As far as I can tell, a beam based weapon was used, and the Irkins definitely have that kind of fire-power, but I doubt they would destroy Earth on purpose. I don’t think they have the brain power, I mean, they are Irkins.”
        “I see your point. What about the Yugopatanians?”
        “While Yugopatanians would be likely to destroy a planet, I don’t think they would have let this much time pass without claiming responsibility. But that still doesn’t make them any less suspect.”
        “True, uh, do we have any new information on Villgax?”
        “Well, according to some recently defected servants he vanished while on Earth well before the incident. No one’s heard from him since.”
        “Next you put Dr. Hamsterveil here. Isn’t he in prison?”
        “Yes, evidence suggests that Hamsterveil was communicating with someone on the outside. But even if he was he has little knowledge of ray-based technology.”
        “He does seem to favor genetic experiments. What about The Cluster? Didn’t they have some new regime change recently?”
        “I think so, did we get any delegates to Cluster Prime yet?”
        “No, the Grand Councilwoman seems to think it would be best to wait for them to send us an ambassador.”
        “Zurg?”
        “He has the power, but he’s a conqueror. He would prefer to enslave a planet instead of completely destroying it.”
        “Yes his record would support that. Maximus I.Q.?”
        “At first I thought that but I don’t think he would make it that simple. Maximus is always looking for a challenge. Even if he did find out that I’m from Earth, he would have devised some elaborate trap just so he could make me watch.”
        “I see. What about the Chillites-”
        BOOM!!!                         
        When the two heard the blast they instantly sprang into action. DeGill opened a draw in his desk and pulled out two phasers. He tossed one to Betty and ran down the hall as fast as his little fins could carry him (Witch was quite fast when he wanted). The followed a surge of Dinosaur-like solders out to the hangers to the source of the blast.
        When thy got there they saw him. Hovering about ten or twenty feet above the ground was a fourteen-year -old boy with snow-white hair and glowing green eyes. He was clearly the cause of the blast as is hands were surrounded with glowing green smoke.
        Betty wasted no time in wonder who this strange apparition was, “In the name of the Galactic Alliance, you are hereby ordered to stand down!”
        “Not unless you give me a ship and weapons.”the attacker said in a tone of voice that sent chills down Betty’s spine.
        “Stand down,”she commanded, ignoring the shivers running down her back, “or we will be forced to open fire.”
        “Open fire?” the specter said mocking ly, “Oh, what ever shall I do?”
        He was staring to get on her nerves. “This is your final warning, Put your hands on the ground and surrender.”
        “Surrender?” He said, floating back to the ground, “No, I don’t think I will, but I’ll put my hands on the ground if you want.” With a malicious grin, the boy did so. The ground under his hands began to glow. The glow quickly traveled to the ground under the troops before they knew it they had all fallen though the ground into the level below. The glow then moved towards DeGill and Betty. The two leapt out of the way and opened fire. The boy flew back in the air and easily dodged every shot.
        “You can’t win.” The Ghost-Boy said.
        “I always win.” Betty called back, smirking. It had been a while since she had meet anyone this powerful and for the first time in a long time she felt the adrenalin pumping.
—————> CTOB<—————
        Meanwhile Jenny and Jake were on the other side of the base in the Mess hall getting something to eat. Rather, Jake was getting something to eat and Jenny was talking to him.
        “...and then, they made me their queen.”
        “Uh-huh, was this before or after your friend became a space pirate?” Jake asked leerily
        “Well, it was sort of—” Just then, a huge piece of machinery came crashing through the wall. The path of destruction it left gave Jenny and Jake a clear view of the battle between Betty and the ghost.
        “Crikey! We gotta go help!” Jenny shouted.
        “Yeah Just let me—”
        “No time!”Jenny grabbed Jake around his shoulders and flew through the numerous hole in the numerous walls. Jenny finally came to a stop with Jake in tow, above the battle.
        “Betty! Who’s this guy?!” Se shouted down to the ground pointing to the ghost.
        “I don’t know, ” Betty called back, “He just—”
        “Hang on, I’ll check!” Jenny yelled, completely ignoring Betty’s warnings. “Hey! You! In the Spandex! What’s you’re name?”
        The ghost boy let out a sigh and mumbled, “Figures, the only way I can get a girl to ask me my name it to blow up something, and even then it has to be a robot.” He raised his voice so Jenny could hear, “It’s Phantom! Dan—”
        “He says his name is Phantom!” Jenny yelled, making Jake flinch
        “Yo girl, why don’t we stop yellin’ and land?” Jake said.
        “Oh, Sure! Brace yourself!” Jenny started to land.
        “You don’t have to yell-oof!” Jenny’s engines conked out again about 3 feet before landing.
        “What are you doing here?” Betty demanded.
        “We nearly got our heads taken off by a screaming metal deathtrap and since it wasn’t Jenny this time we just had to come and see.”
        “I didn’t Scream that much and it was just a little fuel valve malfunction.”
        “Uh, guys? Hello?” Phantom called out “Ghost kid, over here! Kind of destroying everything? FEAR ME!
        “Don’t worry ladies,” Jake said moving Betty and Jenny aside, “The Am drag’s got this one.” Jake ran full speed towards the Ghost.
        “Wait, Jake! You don’t–” Betty would have finished that sentience if Jake hadn’t suddenly burst into flames. While the girls were still marveling at Jake’s spontaneous combustion a huge red Lizard burst out of the fire and flew straight towards the startled Phantom.
        “Whoa. Did not see that one coming.” Jenny told the throughly baffled Guardian. Betty quickly regained her composer and turned to Jenny.
        “We’ve got to help him.” the Galactic Guardian and the android hurried towards the ghost and the drag ignoring how strange it ming have looked.
        “Where’s that fish guy?” Jenny asked looking around for DeGill.
        “He had to go help the Troopers.”
        “What Troopers?”
        “Exactly.”
        As soon as she was close enough, Betty launched a kick at Phantom, who was very distracted by Jake trying to rip a hole in his mid section. The kick connected and the ghost staggered back a bit but the did something that very few humans can master, his head continued to turn 360 degrees in the direction that Betty had kicked it. Looking at the shocked faces of his opponents, Phantom swung a fist at Jake and tried to explain.
        “I’m a Ghost,” Jenny tried to punch him in the stomach but it just turned to mist, “G-H-O-S-T Ghost!” Jake swung a claw and missed but spat a fire ball at Phantom’s face, “I don’t feel pain,” he said wiping the fire off, “I don’t feel remorse.” He grabbed Jake’s head and slammed it into the ground, knocking him out. Jenny tried again with a kick but Phantom caught it and flung her across the hanger.
        “I don’t get hungry or tired and I’m not giving up until you give me what I want, so the question is this,” Phantom turned to Betty who whipped out her gun, “How long do I have to pound you until you give up?”
        “First off, I’ll never give up, secondly, what makes you think you can take a blast of hot ionized plasma?” She had to stall while she thought of a plan.
        “Well let’s see now, that gun you’re holding? As far as I can tell it doesn’t have the word ‘Fenton’ on it, on like this,” His hand turned a clear blueish color as he literally reached inside his chest and pulled out a baseball bat that, sure enough, had the word ‘Fenton’ on it.
        “Crazy pink girl with plasma gun, meet the Fenton Anti-Creep Stick, Fenton Anti-Creep Stick, Crazy pink girl with plasma gun.”
        “A bat? You’re gonna have to do a little better then that.” she said firing her gun. Phantom apparently had a good batting average because he easily hit the plasma ball away with the bat right towards Jenny (Who was just recovering from being tossed) and hit her right in the chest.
        “Okay, That was better.”
        “Wait until I turn it on.” the ghost gave the handle a twist. Spikes popped out all over the Anti-Creep Stick and green energy danced all around it’s surface.
        “Any last words?”
        A grin crept onto Betty’s face. “Just one; Sparky.”
        “Huh?”
        “Sparky.”
        “Isn’t that a breakfast cereal?”
        “No, It’s him.” Betty pointed behind the ghost. When Phantom turned around he found him self face-to-face with a green-skinned creature wielding a vacuum clearly labeled as the Fenton Weasel. The ghost only had enough time to give a puzzled look before Sparky flipped the switch and sucked Phantom in.
        “Can you believe this goombah just left his ship floating out there? I saw the mess he was making and figured some of the junk he had on board would help.” Sparky said, grinning smartly.
        “It does kind of makes sense, he didn’t strike me as all that smart.”
        “Hello? I’m right here! FEAR ME!” Called out the ghost’s voice from the Weasel.
        “Whadda think we should do with him?” Sparky took the Weasel off his shoulder.
        “We should keep him here, I think he’s from earth and I’d like to interrogate him. I’d say we use an adaptive energy cell, he seems to be able to manipulate energy.”
        “Interrogate?! You can’t interrogate me! I have my rights you know! FEAR ME!
        “Can we talk about this somewhere else? This guy’s givin’ me the creeps.”
        While the base’s scientists worked on putting together an adaptive cell Phantom, still in the Weasel, was placed in a high security cell. As soon as everyone had left a strange, unearthly laughter began emanating from the Fenton Weasel.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment