Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Ms. Lee goes to space

Someone destroyed the Earth,
Someone destroyed their lives,
Someone's gonna pay.
Someone had better be watching their Back.

Chapter 7 - Ms. Lee goes to space

Chapter 7 - Ms. Lee goes to space
CHAPTER SEVEN
        "Ohhhhh, my head." Juniper Lee said as she slowly raised her head. Opening her eyes she could tell this wasn't Orchid Bay's Main Street.
        "What was I doing there anyway?" she rubbed her head until she remembered, "Oh, right, trolls."
        She sat up in the bed she was in and took a good look around. Everything seemed so clean and sterile, like a hospital.
        "Yup," she told herself, "Trolls'll do that to you."
        Feeling stiff, June got out of the bed and began to stretch a bit. As soon as she stood up, however, she noticed something amiss. She felt a small breeze around her knees.
        "Where are my pants?" she exclaimed upon noticing that she was wearing a hospital smock. After a quick investigation, she was happy to find that her's was not the kind that was open in the back.
        "I gotta get out of here." June told herself as she looked around for her clothes. They were sitting neatly in the corner of the room. They certainly looked like she had been attacked by trolls.
        She put on what hadn't been completely ruined and took a quick peek out the door. Outside were creatures of every shape and size, none of them seemed to be more than she could handle, if she took them on one at a time, but all at once would be impossible. If she was going to get out of wherever this was she'd need to do it stealthily.
        She took a quick inventory of what she had left over from her battle with the troll. A few magic gems, most though not all of her armor, a magic staff, and her nearly bottomless bag.
        All the monsters seemed to be wearing uniforms if she remembered right. If she could make one she may have a chance to get out unnoticed.
        "What can I use here to make one of those?" she looked at her supplies spread out on the bed,           
        "Mmmm-no. Looks like I'll just have to take one." As if in response to her new escape plan, the door began to open. She easily leapt up to the ceiling and grabbed onto a light fixture.
        "I just hope they're a size nine."
<------COTB------>
        "Fifteen initial blasts, all at the exact same time. What do you think that means?" Sprig said to Chuck as they looked over the data from Sprig's planetary telescope. Lucky, he usually kept it pointed at Earth. It was designed to pick up things like atmospheric disturbances and seismic activity. Sprig, however, used it to keep an eye on the weather back home. As a farmer his dad had taught him that the weather was incredibly important to their lives. With the telescope they had already discovered that a fleet had approached from the Delta sector at near light speed.
        "Computers," Chuck said plainly. "the only other way to perfectly synchronize fifteen ships is if the crews were psychic and, to be honest, I don't know of any psychics that are prone to blowing up planets without warning."
        "I was thinking that too, but if the attack was orchestrated by a computer it would choose the most efficient way to do it right?" Sprig pressed a few buttons on the console he was using, "Look at this, the first blasts are at seemingly random spots. It looks like they opened fire on the Earth's geological weak spots only in the second barrage. There's no relation between the first fifteen attack points."
        "I dunno, looks like they'd all make good military bases." for a moment, Sprig wondered how Chuck knew this but then it dawned on him that on a planet full of Chucks military savvy would be common knowledge. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to dwell on a world of edgy chickens before Dif burst into the room.
        "We've got a problem, guys!"
        "What is it?"
        "I'll explain on the way."
        Sprig and Chuck hurried after Dif as the blob attempted to explain the problem. Apparently, the survivor had woken up and attacked Anni while she was checking up on her. Anni had now locked herself in the medical room. Unfortunately, Dif was a little vague on the details. Sprig knew he'd have to talk to Anni to figure out what really happened. The moment the three reached the room Sprig knocked on the door.
        "Anni! What happened?"
        "She ambushed me! Knocked me out and ran off."
        "Did you see where she went?"
        "Uh, no! She knocked me out, remember?"
        "Well, she couldn't have gotten far, she'll be the only one without a uniform."
        "Actually, uh, she-she has mine."
        "W-what?" Sprig asked, wondering if he heard her right.
        "JUST GET ME ANOTHER UNIFORM!"
        "Uh, um, okay." Sprig wracked his brain for the proper procedure in this kind of situation. "Okay, Dif, go get Anni a new uniform, Chuck, I need you to tell Princess Galaxandra to put out an alert and put the school in lock-down. I'll see if I can't find her. Move out."
        For a brief moment everyone stood, shocked that for once Sprig knew what he was talking about. But, as soon as Sprig left for his task, the others finally caught on and hurried off to their assignments.
        "Okay," Anni called out from the room, "I'll just, uh, wait here then."
<------COTB------>
        June figured that this place was some sort of school, as she had made it to what seemed to be a cafeteria, a lot like the one back in Orchid Bay.
        'Speaking of which, I must still be in Orchid Bay. It's not like I could leave, even if I wanted to.' She thought to herself, resentfully. It was about then she realized than she was very hungry. So, since she was in a cafeteria, and her disguise had gotten her this far, she decided to take advantage of her situation.
        After getting a tray full of whatever they were serving and sitting down at a table she was greeted by a group of students. She saw this as a perfect chance to find a way to get out of here. She told them she was new and asked a few expectable questions. Questions like where things were, hoping that the phrase 'near the exits' would pop up. The only thing that came close was a 'shuttle bay' that was down the hall from a physics class.
        June saw that was as far as she she could get and quickly made an excuse to leave. Following the directions she had been given she made her way to the shuttle bay. She walked in and saw three or four small ships, each the size of a bus. Before she could do much else sirens everywhere began wailing and the doors behind her slammed shut.
        "I've got a bad feeling about this."
<------COTB------>
        Sprig hurried through the halls, both keeping an eye out for the girl and trying to think of were she would be.
        "She's human," he told himself, "think like a human." He thought back on his own first time here. Back the the only thing he wanted to do was to go home. She would definitely try to get out of here too. The only way to get off the station was the docking bay.
        He made a sharp turn towards the shuttle bay knowing that sooner or latter she would wind up there. Sprig slowed to a stop, however, once he realized he was coming up on the gym. Despite her appearance and very pretty eyes, Anni was no pushover. If this girl was able to knock her out, chances are she'd be able to rip through him like tissue paper. Rather than becoming a laughing stock for being beat up by a girl, he decided he would need some muscle.
        The moment he finished putting on the Nebula suit the lock-down siren began to wail. He kicked on the rocket boosters and went zooming down the hall. In moments he had arrived at the docking bay. Looking in, he saw the girl fiddling with the controls for the outer doors, she was clearly having trouble with it.
        "Come on! You stupid, little-"
        "You're no going to get far with that attitude." Sprig called out, preparing for a fight.
        "Yeah? Well," June turned around to look at Sprig and was suddenly overcome with giggles, "What are you wearing?"
        Ignoring the comment, Sprig spoke up again, "I don't wanna fight you, I'm here to help."
        "Yeah? What's your name Mr. Help?"
        "Crash Nebula." Sprig said, wanting at least one person to call him that. Unfortunately that only made her laugh harder.
        "O-okay, okay," she said, overcoming her laughter, "I get it now, this is a dream." she turned her head to the roof, "All right Steven you can come out now!"
        "Are you feeling alright?"
        "What are you talking about? I feel great!" June slammed her fist into the panel, smashing it to pieces.
        Seeing this wanton destruction, Sprig could tell she wasn't going to go quietly, "Okay, I didn't want to do this, but --" Sprig pointed his fist at the girl and activated his stun ray. Before he could squeeze off a shot, she jumped. As Sprig realized that she was a very good jumper he re-aimed and took a few shots. Three shots, he missed. He tried to get another shot off but she punched him, hard.
        His suit was designed to absorb and lessen blows like that but his head was still spinning. If he hadn't been wearing his suit, he'd probably be just another mess for the janitor to clean up. Gathering him senses he stood up and turned to the girl who was now behind him.
        "Well," June looked at her still clenched fist, "You don't feel like a dream."
        "Nope, just look like one."
        "Mmmm, cute," June dropped to the floor and with one extended leg swept Sprig's feet out from under him. His jet pack caught him before he hit the ground. As soon as he was on his feet Sprig swung a fist at her. June caught it and returned with a fist of her own. Sprig grabbed her wrist and the two struggled to overpower each other. Every servo and motor in the Nebula Battle suit was straining to help it's wearer.
        "Do you even know who I am?" June cried in Sprig's face.
        "Uh, a girl who's way tougher than she looks?" Sprig struggled to say.
        "I'm Juniper Lee, the friggin' Tersh Wan Xi! I've taken down monsters bigger than most houses! I went 32 rounds in the ring with Jorden the Destroyer!"
        "Are you absolutely sure you're feeling alright?"
        "Yeah, I'm feelin' just GREAT!" She let up on her pushing just enough to throw Sprig off-balance then flung him into the shuttle doors.
        "Incorrect security signature." came a voice from behind him. He had hit a hand print scanner. Sprig grinned and activated his breathing helmet, he now had the upper hand. After turning on the magna-locks in him boots he slammed his hand on the scanner. The doors slid open to show the icy blackness of space. The air started to be sucked out of the room, along with anything else that wasn't nailed down. Unluckily enough for June, she happened to be one of those things.
        She struggled to hold her ground, but her feet lost there grip and she was flung into the air. The moment she was airborne Sprig closed the doors. The momentum kept June flying towards the doors long enough for Sprig the through out a fist and clothesline her.
        "Nice trick, huh?" Sprig said confidently to the apparently unconscious June as he opened his helmet.
        "Yeah," the apparently-not-so-unconscious June answered, "but what about this one?" her feet came up to grabbed Sprig around the ears and with amazing flexibility, slammed her head into his, knocking him out.
        When Sprig came to he felt a rush of air and something touching his hand. He figured that while he was out June must have placed his hand on the scanner to open the doors. He saw one of the cruisers slowly raise up and he determined she must have been inside. If he hurried, the suit might be able to stop the shuttle before she activated the hyper-drive.
        As quickly as possible, he powered up his jet-pack to full speed and...nothing. He forgot to turn off his magna-locks! That moment of ignorance proved to be just long enough for June to activate the hyper-drive. With a mighty boom and a flash of light, the ship took off. If Sprig's magna-locks hadn't have still been on he would have been flung into the far wall in a very painful fashion.
        As soon as Sprig closed the doors and turned off his magna-locks, the hallway door opened and Chuck hovered in.
        "Hey! I heard a-WOAH!" the turkey-like being shouted upon seeing the many ships that had been knocked over and pushed against the walls by the force of the hyper-drive's shock wave. "What happened here?"
        "The girl escaped, she took a cruiser and went into hyper-drive."
        "So...what now?"
        Sprig thought a bit. 'he's asking me that? What am I supposed to do?' He thought back, if he had followed protocol and left a guard with June, she probably wouldn't have escaped. If he had followed protocol he would have checked his magni-locks before trying to take off. What would protocol say about this?
        "She's out of our jurisdiction," he heard himself say, "Come on, we should get this cleaned up, we got a test in a little while."
        "O-okay." Chuck was really hoping that Sprig would hatch some crazy, half-baked plan to go after the girl. He sighed. His friend was changing, that must be what happens when your entire home world is destroyed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment