Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Obi Wan was cast out the Jedi Order around the age of 12... but where did he go? He hasn't been heard from for 13 years....

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1


Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars or any of the characters. They all belong to Jude Watson and mostly George Lucas.



Authors note: I don't know where this idea came from, but I thought it was a nice topic to write about. There is only going to be a few chapters. I was going to put this in the Star Wars movie section, but it was blocked, so I put it in Jedi Apprentice.



Summery: Obi Wan was sent to Bandomeer but never made it, and he was never heard from again. Qui Gon didn't go on the ship to Bandomeer; he went to a different mission.



Main Characters: Obi Wan Kenobi, Qui Gon Jinn, and XANATOS! (Obi Wan is 25 years old in this)





Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn looked around at the familiar surroundings. This was his favorite room in the Jedi temple- The Room of a Thousand Fountains. He found peace here, where he could think without being bothered…*beep*beep*…except for on the comlink, of course…

Qui Gon got his comlink for his belt. “Qui Gon Jinn here.”

“Qui Gon, this is Mace. We have a new mission for you. Come to the council room immediately.”

Qui Gon sighed, just when things were being back to normal. He just got back from a very exhausting mission a week ago. “Be right there, Mace.”

Qui Gon got up and walked the short distance to the council room. He wondered what it was this time. He found the council there waiting for him.

“You wanted to see me?”

“Yes, as I said, we have a new mission for you,” Jedi Master Mace Windu said, “You are to be a ambassador for Naboo. You will go speak to the Trade Federation there. But first, you must go speak to the queen. Then you get a weeks rest there and then you will begin your journey.

They discussed the matter for a little while longer. With that done, Qui Gon prepared his things and left the next morning.





Qui Gon landed in the landing bay on Naboo. He noticed some people already there to greet him. One familiar looking young man walked up to him.

“Greetings Master Jedi. I am Senator Ben Kenobi,” Ben said.

Is that Obi Wan? What in the world is he doing all the way on Naboo? I thought he was dead? What's it been…13 years? Ben was Obi Wan's birth name…

“And if you come with me I'll escort you to the queen,” Ben said.

Qui Gon nodded his thanks. “Yes, that'll be fine.” Does he remember me? “How did you get to be a senator?”

Ben looked at him curiously. “Me? Why do you want to know that? It's very boring.” Ben shook his head. “I'm sorry, I forgot you name, Master Jedi.”

“My name is Qui Gon Jinn. I just was wondering.” They started walking toward the throne room.

Ben shook his head. “It's been five years since I've been here. I was the president of Melinda/Daan before I came here. I ruled there for about 8 years. I started at 14 years of age, just like the queen of Naboo is now. Things didn't go to well over there, so I left. I came here to help the queen.”

They walked into a very large but very beautiful chamber. There was the queen, her security, her handmaidens, and some senators.

“Queen Amidala, here is Jedi Qui Gon Jinn to help us,” Ben announced when they walked in.

“Greetings, Master Jinn,” the queen said, “we thank you for your help.”

“The pleasure is mine,” Qui Gon answered back.

“Please sit right there, Master Jinn,” Ben said, pointing to a seat near to the queen.

Qui Gon nodded his thanks.

“Lets get down to business,” the head of security, Captain Panaka said.

With that, they began their discussion.





“So that is all that I have to do?” Qui Gon asked.

“Yes. You may begin in a week's time. Master Windu called and said you might want to rest here a little before you go,” the queen said, “Ben, will you escort Master Jinn to his room? I will retire now.”

“Master Jinn, please follow me. I hope you enjoy you stay,” Ben said.

He sounds like a waiter…”Yes, I believe I will. I do need the rest, but do you mind if I walk around a bit?” asked Qui Gon.

“No, I don't mind.”

“Ben, may I ask you what you did before you became president of Melinda/Daan?

A look of pain flashed on Ben's face. “I don't remember.” was all that he said, and then he left.

Did he get his memory wiped?





Obi Wan walked toward his room. Why did that Jedi seem so familiar to him? Why did he ask all these questions about his past…did he know him? How? He had forgotten everything on that ship when he was 12. All he knows is that he was captured by pirates…and beaten. He was a slave for about one year before escaping. He came to a planet called Melinda/Daan, and there he met the Young. They were a group of young people that didn't agree with the Melinda or the Daan. He had joined the Young and eventually everything was settled between the two sides. He ruled with Cerasi, a leader of the Young. He ruled with her until he was 20, but then Cerasi got sick and died. They weren't sure what happened to her. A man, who was against Obi Wan, was questioned for it but was proven innocent. Xanatos…That creep, thought Obi Wan, as he got ready for bed. At night he would dream of the life he never had. He was a Jedi padawan in those dreams. He often wondered if that was before he was captured. But why had none of the Jedi come to rescue him? That was his question.

Obi Wan looked at himself in the mirror. He had long hair that came down to his chin, but it was tied at the back. He looked at the scars on his back. These were the memories he had received from his slavery time. Of pain. He shook his head. He needed rest, so he slept.



Qui Gon walked around the palace, admiring the beauty of it. He walked around for about an hour until he heard a noise. It sounded like someone screaming! He went to a door and knocked. “Hello?”

He opened the door to find Ben on his bed thrashing wildly. He walked over to him and started shaking him to wake up.

“Obi…Ben! Ben! Wake up!”

Ben murmured something. “Cerasi…no…don't die…CERASI!” Obi Wan shot up on the bed. He looked at Qui Gon with fear in his eyes.

“Ben, are you ok? I heard you screaming…” Qui Gon said.

“I'm…fine…just another nightmare of…of…” Ben looked away.

“Of Cerasi?”

“Yes. She helped me with my presidency. She died and so I left. That was five years ago…”

Qui Gon nodded, “do you have nightmares often?”

Obi Wan shook his head. “No, I don't. I think I just dream of what I could have been, or of what I was…I don't really want to talk about it.”

“That's alright. I'll leave you alone now.” Qui Gon went out and closed the door.

Obi Wan pulled his covers over him shakily and tried to sleep once more.



Qui Gon went to his room. Poor Obi Wan. His past sounds horrible. I better get that sleep I wanted. Qui Gon went to bed, wondering what to do about Obi Wan.






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment