Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Obi Wan was cast out the Jedi Order around the age of 12... but where did he go? He hasn't been heard from for 13 years....

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Thanks for the notes, I'll try to do better with this chapter…though this is only my 2nd story, and I'm not to good at putting descriptions…but I'll do my best!(I changed the Melinda/Daan to Melida/Daan, now, thank you)



Qui Gon noticed by the 3rd night that Obi Wan did have nightmares often. He had to wake him up several times in one night, and all Obi Wan said was a “Thank you” By the Force…what was Obi Wan's past? Qui Gon wondered. He must've gotten caught by the pirates and had his memory erased. He might've been enslaved for awhile.

Qui Gon decided they might have some profile on Obi Wan, since he was a senator. He searched the Holo news and finally found something…

`Ben Kenobi started his success when he joined the Young on Melida/Daan at the age of thirteen. The Young were a group that was from both sides, the Melida and the Daan, and they wanted peace. The planet eventually became peaceful, with the help from the Young, and Ben Kenobi. People were so fond of Kenobi, that they wanted him as a president. Even Ben said when I asked him, he thought the idea was crazy, but he agreed to it. He became president at the age of fourteen. His opponent, Xanatos…'

Xanatos? How in the Force did he get there?

`…had just come to the planet and also wanted to be president. But, Kenobi beat Xanatos by a landslide. Kenobi also had a very good friend by the name of Cerasi, who helped Obi Wan. Cerasi had been one of the finders of the Young. Kenobi was the president for eight years, and by that time, Cerasi had gotten very sick. Kenobi figured she was poisoned by someone…he tested a drink of Cerasi's, and found one of the worst poisons, and you couldn't cure it without a very rare antidote. They didn't have time to get the antidote, and Cerasi had died in Kenobi's arms. There was a funeral five days after that. Kenobi had become very depressed, so he stopped being president. Xanatos then became president, but only by a few votes. Kenobi had charged Xanatos of poisoning Cerasi, but he was proven innocent. Kenobi left the planet, and went to Naboo at the age of twenty. Xanatos had disappeared only two years after his election. Kenobi became a senator at Naboo, and is now helping the young queen there, who became queen at the age of fourteen.'

Obi Wan must have a very big grudge against Xanatos…I wonder what he would say if I knew him…that he was my apprentice…before he betrayed me…When Xanatos left Melida/Daan, he might have left it in pretty bad shape. Qui Gon searched the Holo news but found that Melida/Daan now had another president, and it was going peacefully. Qui Gon sighed. Xanatos was still a big mystery. I wonder if he's still mad at me. He heard a knock on his door. He got up and opened it, seeing Ben Kenobi there.

“Qui Gon? Do you know anything of my past? It seems like I know you. You also keep on asking questions about my past,” Ben said in a rush, “I'm just tired of having a blank spot in my life.”

Qui Gon studied him for a moment. “Yes, I did know you for a little, Ben.”

“Do you know who I am then? Of what I was?”

“Yes, but I don't know if I should tell you yet.”

“Alright, then let me help you on your mission. It might help me remember more of my past.”

“I don't know. Let me ask the council on that. Then I'll get back to you. And are you sure the queen will let you go?”
“Yes, I'm sure she won't need me.”

“Then let me get back to you. I'll call the council right now.”

“Thank you, Qui Gon. I'll appreciate it,” Ben said, before heading back to his quarters.

Qui Gon got his comlink from his belt.

“Mace Windu here.”

“Mace, you wouldn't believe who I found on Naboo.”

“Who?”

“Obi Wan Kenobi.”

The comlink was silent. “How did he get there?”

“I have information on him right here, about the last 13 years of his life. I'll send it over. He is now a senator, helping the queen.”

“Really?

“Yes. It seems he was captured for awhile and had his memory erased, and then escaped to Melida/Daan. Right now I think he is slowly regaining his memory.”

“It says that Obi Wan was president…”

“He was. He started when he was fourteen.”

“The same age the queen of Naboo is now. He probably went to Naboo to help her.”

“Right. Obi Wan now goes by the name of Ben. He also wants to come with me on the mission.”

“It might help him regain his memory. He might need that training that he had some time in his life.”

“Thanks Mace. I'll update you later.”

“Nice talking to you, Qui Gon.” The comlink went off.

Qui Gon sighed. It was going to be hard to explain to Obi Wan that he was sent away from the Jedi Temple. He'll let Obi Wan figure that out for himself…





Obi Wan walked nervously toward his room. Ever since Qui Gon Jinn had come here, he was remembering even more of his past…well, or so he thought. Qui Gon might be able to help Ben. Ben remembered one dream he had…he was at least twelve years old in the dream. He heard someone call out to him by the name Obi Wan. He hadn't remembered his name, so he chose the name Ben. The person who had called out to him was a Mon Calamarian. I wonder if I knew her. In the dream, he had called her Bant. Was that her name? All the sudden he heard a knock at his door.

“Ben? Are you there?” It was Qui Gon.


“Yes,” Ben said, opening the door.

“Ben, you are able to go, but you must carry a weapon, just in case,” Qui Gon said.

“I have a blaster. A good one too,” Ben looked at Qui Gon cursorily, “Do you not expect things to go well?”

Qui Gon shook his head. “I don't know, but we do have to be careful. Do you remember anything of you past, of what you are?”

“Well, yes…this is sort of funny…but I always dream that I'm a Jedi padawan…I don't know…some sort of Jedi…”

“Yes, that is what you were…”

“But why did no Jedi rescue me?” Ben interrupted suddenly.

“We thought you were dead. That's the report that came through…”

“Really? And why was I sent off on a ship by myself?”

“You need to figure that out for yourself. So be patient, please.”

“Alright…I'll wait.”


“And Obi… Ben…what do you know of a man named Xanatos?”

Bens face hardened. “That's the man I ran against before I was elected. I won him by a lot of votes. After I left, Xanatos became president of Melida/Daan. He left two years later, and no one knows where he went. I blamed him for killing Cerasi, but I lost. That's when I came here. Do you know Xanatos?”

“Yes, I do. He was my apprentice but then he betrayed me. He was once a Jedi… I fear we might run into him. That's why I might need the help.”

“Figures by his reputation.”

“We leave tomorrow in the morning,” Qui Gon said, walking out.

“Wait! What did you almost call me?”

“Obi Wan Kenobi. That was your name at the Jedi Temple. Ben was your birth name,” Qui Gon walked out and closed the door.

“Obi Wan…” Ben murmured the name, “Well, I better tell the queen that I'm going on the mission,” Ben said. So my name is Obi Wan. A little catchier than Ben…He walked toward the throne room. In there were just the queen and her handmaidens.


“Senator Ben, what brings you here?” the queen said.

“Queen Admidala, I would like permission to go with the Jedi on the mission. He says he might need the help,” Ben answered.

“Well,” the queen started saying, and looked at her handmaidens, “Sabe`, what do you think? Can we handle it here without him?”

“Oh…I'm pretty sure we can manage it without him,” Sabe` said, a smile forming on her face.

“That decides it then, Ben,” Queen Admidala said.

“Thank you,” Ben replied.

“Did Qui Gon Jinn fully agree that you may come with him?” asked the queen.

“Yes he did. My I speak to you in private for a second?” Ben asked.

The queen had her handmaidens leave the room. “Is anything the matter?

“Padme`, I helped you for about a year now, but remember what I told you about my past? How I can't remember anything?”


“Yes.”

“Well, I believe Qui Gon may have something to do with my past, and I've been having dreams of my past. That's why I'm going, to see if I can find out more.”

“Then I'll wish you luck, Ben, and I'll see you off tomorrow.”

“Thank you.”

“Good Night, Ben.”





They left in the morning. The queen was there to see them off. “I wish you luck on your mission.”

“Thank you,” Qui Gon said.

“Aww…don't worry, I'll bet that it'll be done in no time,” Ben said.

“With you, Ben, one never knows,” replied the queen.

“Thanks for having so much faith in me…”

“I'll always have faith in you, Ben,” Queen Admidala said seriously.

“I know you do,” Ben said, and closed the door.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment