Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Obi Wan was cast out the Jedi Order around the age of 12... but where did he go? He hasn't been heard from for 13 years....

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3


Well, Hello Everyone! This is the 3rd chapter! I'm hoping you are enjoying it so far. This is going so far during the Phantom Menace scenes. Right now I figured that getting the next chapters up will be awhile in between. I have to get in the writing mood that is when I write best. So, here it is!!



Obi Wan sat down next to Qui Gon. “This is my first time leaving the planet in five years.”

“Oh?” Qui Gon said, looking at Obi Wan.

“Yup, and for some reason, I feel really nervous and something is bothering me…but I can't place it.”

“It's probably your Jedi senses. What do you think the pilots are feeling right now?”

Obi Wan looked at the pilots. “I think…there're nervous and a little tired too.”

“Yes, that's right.”

“So you Jedi can sense any living thing? Can you read ones thoughts?”

“Yes, we can read ones mind if we wanted too. You would have been able to do it to.”

“I wonder how my life would be different…much different of course,” Obi Wan said, staring at nothing. Suddenly a thought came to him. “Qui Gon, do you know of a Mon Calamarian by the name of Bant?”

“Why yes, I do. Did you remember her?”

“Yes, I do. I had this dream; she called out to me by that name…Obi Wan. I like that name better, too,” Obi Wan looked at Qui Gon, “What happened to her? Is she a Jedi padawan?”

“Yes, she is. She was taken by my friend, Jedi Knight Tahl, and is being trained by her.”

“Maybe I'll get to meet her someday…”


“Master Jinn?” a voice interrupted him, “We are getting close to the ship.”

“Captain, tell them we wish to board immediately,” Qui Gon replied.

The captain nodded her head. “With all due respect for the Trade Federation, the ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately.”

“Yes, yes, of course,” said Nute Gunray, “Ahh…as you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to receive the ambassador.”

They arrive in the docking bay, seeing a silver droid waiting for them.

“I am TC-14 at your service. This way please.” The droid pointed to a hallway that led to a door. “Please make yourself comfortable. My masters will be with you shortly.” The droid walked out.

“This feels…weird. I feel something bad is going to happen now,” Obi Wan stated once they walked through the door.

“I don't sense anything,” Qui Gon said.

“Weird.”

Are you focusing here and now, Ben?”

“I don't know, it seems like somewhere else.”


It's better to focus here and now, Ben.”

How long do you think this will last?” Obi Wan asked Qui Gon.

“My guess is that they will be short
negotiations. On missions like these, they are mostly the same.”

They sat down, and waited for a little bit. Obi Wan tapped his fingers on the table. “Is it their nature to make us wait this long?”

The door opens and TC-14 walks in while Qui Gon answers him. “No. I sense an unusual sense of fear for something as trivial as this dispute.”

“Well, in that case…” Obi Wan grabs a drink off of the tray the droid is holding and gulps down half the glass. “Thank you.” He says to the droid.

The droid is standing there, still passing out food. Great…more time to wait...all the sudden he felt a wave of terror rush over him and he jumped up with his gun in his hand. Qui Gon had done the same thing with his lightsaber out. The droid dropped the tray and said, “Oh! Excuse me!”

“What happened?” Obi Wan asked Qui Gon.

“Our ship has been blown up. You must've felt it.”

Obi Wan nodded his head. Then all the sudden he heard a faint hissing sound.

Gas! Obi Wan, take a deep breath!” Qui Gon warned Obi Wan.

Obi Wan was already taking one. Qui Gon made motions with his hands that he would go out first and Obi Wan should cover him. The door opens…one…two…three!

Qui Gon shoots out waving his lightsaber all around him. He slices two droids in half while Obi Wan was shooting his blaster around him at the droids. They clear all the droids except two, which Obi Wan instantly flies his hand at them…and they fly away from him.

“Qui Gon! What did I do?”

“You used the Force. I didn't think you would catch on so quickly. Now cover me while I try to get in.” Qui Gon put his lightsaber through the door, burning it.

Obi Wan shot the few droids that came towards him. “I'm getting better at this shooting!” he shouted at Qui Gon. Just the
n, they heard another door shut. Qui Gon took out his lightsaber and put it straight through. A big red burning spot was beginning to show.

“Qui Gon! Destroyer droids! They have shield generators that are,” Obi Wan said, jumping around, “bouncing back the laser shots!”

Qui Gon instantly pulled his lightsaber out and said to Obi Wan, “It's a standoff! Let's go!” He pulled Obi Wan with him, who had gotten a nick of a laser shot.

They ran down the corridor and ran into an army of droids below them. “Let's get down there,” Qui Gon said.

“And how are we going to do that?” Obi Wan asked him.

“This way.” Qui Gon grabbed Obi Wan's arm and jumped. He landed softly with Obi Wan, who had fell at the same grace as Qui Gon.

That was cool. That couldn't be an invasion army could it?” Obi Wan suggested angrily.

“That's an odd play for the Trade Federation. We have to warn the Naboo and contact Chancellor Valorum. Let's split up. Stow aboard separate ships and meet down on the planet.


“Well, you were right.”


Qui Gon looked at Obi Wan.

“Then negotiations were short, as you said, Qui Gon.”

Qui Gon smiled. “Of course. Can you get on a ship without any help?”

“Sure. Piece of cake! Let's see…you take that one, and I'll take this one.”

Qui Gon got up and said, “May the Force be with you. You first.”

“Thanks.” Obi Wan saw his chance, ran over to it, ducked several times, slipped and hopped in.

Qui Gon followed right after.







So far, so good. Obi wan was in the ship, cramped up in a little container. Hey, their droids…
their not on, so I can probably stretch out a little. He peeked his head out, and saw droids that weren't on. He stood up and stretched, and then it felt like the ship was landing. Ok, here's my chance! He hid back down, and the door to the ship opened up. The droids were being brought out, and when they were all finished, he saw his chance. He jumped out, sneaked along the side, and ran for the trees. He heard a droid shout “You there! Stop!”

Oh great, they saw me! Where to hide, where to hide? He looked around to the lake. There! He ran to it and gently slid in. He swam a few meters and he went under some plants in the water and came up in between the plants, where they can't see him, and to take a breath. The droids passed over the water on there little speeders. Their gone, thought Obi Wan, and man, is this water cold! He climbed out and ran. He heard some of the ships moving towards him…and little speeders too. Why didn't I stay longer in the water? All sorts of creatures started running toward him, and he was going to get mowed if he didn't move it. He kept on running till the sounds of speeders were behind him. He turned around and tried to shoot, but the blaster was dead. He forgot to recharge it! He saw Qui Gon in the distance with someone and ran for him. “Qui Gon! Help!”

Qui Gon quickly brought his lightsaber out and quickly got rid of the droids.


“Thank you,” Obi Wan said.

“Yousa saved my again!” shouted the weird, frog like creature next to Qui Gon.

“What's a Gungan doing here?” Obi Wan asked Qui Gon.

“He's a local. Let's go before more of the droids show up,” Qui Gon said.

“Mure? Mure did you speak? E
x-squeeze me, but da moto grand safe place would be Otoh Gunga. Tis where I grew up...Tis safe city,” Jar Jar said.

“A city! Can you take us there?” Qui Gon asked.

“Ahh...well…on second taut, no,” Jar Jar answered.

“No?”

Iss embarrassing, boot... My afraid my've bean banished. My forgoten der Bosses would do terrible tings to my. Terrible tings if my goen back dare,” Jar Jar said.

“You hear that?” Qui Gon said.

Jar Jar held up his ear. “Yah.”

“That's the sound of a thousand terrible coming this way.”

When they find us, they will crush us, grind us into little pieces, then blast us into oblivion!” Obi Wan said to Jar Jar, trying to spook him.

“Ahh…yousa point is well seen. This way, hurry!” Jar Jar said, running toward the trees.

They run for awhile till they come to a lake. Don't tell me…Obi Wan thought…


“How much farther?” Qui Gon asked.

“Wesa goin under water, okyday? My warning yous. Gungans no liken outlaunders. Don't expict a wern welcome.

Don't worry, this has not been our day for warm welcomes,” Obi Wan said.

Jar Jar did this very impressive leap into the water.

“Here, Ben. It's a breather. Luckily I have an extra one.

Obi Wan nodded his thanks.

Jar Jars head appeared through the water. “Yousa follow mesa, okyday?”





That's it for now. I'm trying to keep it only about 5 pages each. Thank you for reading!











































Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment