Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Obi Wan was cast out the Jedi Order around the age of 12... but where did he go? He hasn't been heard from for 13 years....

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5


Hey there! Sorry I haven't been on. Too much stuff going on and I hurt my wrist too, so I couldn't type for awhile. I saw Revenge of the Sith on May 19! IT was so good! I teared a little at the end… Well, right here is the 5th chappie!



They were standing in front of the queen with Panaka saying, “...An extremely well put together little droid. Without a doubt, it saved the ship, as well as our lives.

It is to be commended... what is its number?” the queen asked.

Panaka peered at the droid, “R2-D2, your highness.”

“Thank you, R2-D2. You have proven to be very loyal...Padme, Clean this droid up the best you can. It deserves our gratitude…Continue, Captain.

Panaka let Qui Gon step forward. “Your Highness, we are heading for a remote planet called Tatooine. It is a system far beyond the reach of the Trade Federation. There we will be able to make needed repairs, and then travel on to Coruscant.

Your Highness, Tatooine is very dangerous. It's controlled by an alliance of gangs called the Hutts. I do not agree with the Jedi on this,” Panaka said, trying to convince the queen.

“You must trust my judgment, your highness,” Qui Gon said.

The queen nodded at Qui Gon.



Obi Wan looks at the planet ahead of them. “That's it, Tattooine.”


“There's a settlement. A spaceport looks like,” said the pilot, Ric Olie.

“Land near the outskirts. We don't want to attract any attention,” Qui Gon suggested.



They headed toward the planet.




“Ben, you stay here. I'll just take Jar Jar with me and the droid to make it less obvious,” Qui Gon told Obi Wan.

“Yes, that's fine. But you need to get a Hyperdrive generator, because it's gone. We will need a new one,” Ben said.

Ben, I feel I can trust you, so don't let them send ant transmissions. Be wary... I sense a disturbance in the Force,” Qui Gon said.

“Is that what I feel nagging at me? It's uneasy,” Obi Wan asked.


“Yes. Be careful, though. Don't attract attention,” Qui Gon said, leaving for the main area.

Obi Wan turned around to find Padme there. “Well, all dressed as a handmaiden. You listened.”

“Yes. Ben, I'm going to go along with Qui Gon. I want to see what he is up to,” Padme said.

“Wise. I'll just act as you're here,” Obi Wan looked at Padme, “and you better hurry up, because Qui Gon left already.”

“Bye Ben. Captain Panaka…” Padme ran off toward the main area.


What to do while I'm here…Obi Wan thought, I might as well try to see what I can fix…He was working for awhile when someone came in the room. He looked up to see Sabe, and of course, dressed as the queen.

Obi Wan got up and bowed, mostly with sarcasm. “And how are you liking your new job?” but all the sudden Obi Wan's face turned serious when he looked at Sabe, whose face was grave.

“Ben, I'm worried. This is getting very hard,” Sabe said.


“Well, don't get to worried, because when we get to Coruscant you can switch back to a handmaiden,” said Obi Wan.


“Yes, I'll be relieved about that. It's just about…what if we don't get back in time? What if Naboo's people all die soon?

“We'll make it in time. Don't worry. I just hope the senate will listen and take quick action.


“I hope so too.”


“Sabe, you are doing a very good job right now. I'm proud of you and of what you've done. I'm sure Padme is too. Now you better brighten up.”

Sabe smiled. “I'll try to, Ben.”

Ben smiled back and gave her a quick hug, trying not to mess up her hair or her makeup. “Your doing great.”

Panaka came in the room just then. “We are receiving a transmission from Sio Bibble.”

“Well then, lets go hear what he has to say,” Obi Wan said.







“…we must bow to their wishes! You must contact me!” And that was the end of the transmission.


“As much may be true, we cannot make contact. It could be a trick,” Obi Wan said, walking out of the room. People were probably dying and suffering. But they can't do anything until they get all the supplies they need and get to Coruscant. Obi Wan went and sat in silence.



Dark time. Obi Wan was sleeping with his head on his arms when his little comlink sounded. He mumbled, “Kenobi here.”


“Ben? This is Qui Gon. I need you to check something for me. Get to a datapad and enter what I send you.”

“Alrighty, fine.” He got up went to the cockpit and sat down. “Entering data now…”

“How many numbers?”

Goodness! What did you have me enter? It's running off the chart…over 20,000.”

“Midi-chlorians.”

“Midi-what?”
“I'll explain later. It seems a boy name Anakin is highly force-sensitive. The highest I've ever seen.”

“Ahh. So you want him to bring home to train?”


“Don't know. I have to go.”

“Fine.” Obi Wan put his comlink back on his belt
and decided what to do. Maybe I should meditate like Jedi do, try to remember something…He sat on the ground and closed his eyes.



“Hey Obi Wan! Where you headed?” a voice called out.

“To the room of a Thousand Fountains! You want to come?” he replied.

“Naw, I got to take a test.”

“Well, then, may the Force be with you on the test!”

“Thanks! I'll need it!”



Obi Wan opened his eyes. Who was that? A room of a Thousand Fountains? Sounded peaceful. Maybe I should do this more…I'm remembering things…




Time passed by. Obi Wan and Sabe talked a little, and Obi Wan checked on the repairs to see if anything could be repaired right there. The day finally arrived when the Qui Gon came with the parts.


“Ben, install the Hyperdrive. I have some unfinished business to do. I won't be long.”


Obi Wan nodded. “Is it to pick up that boy?”

“Yes. I'll be back.” With that, Qui Gon went off toward Mos Eisly.



Obi Wan had almost finished installing the Hyperdrive when Padme came in. “Ben!”


“Padme! How was Tattoine?” Obi Wan asked.

“Harsh. You wouldn't believe what is out there,” Padme said, “But I came in here to see what you learned about your past.”

“Well, first have you talked to Sabe yet?”

“Yes. She told me you and she talked for a little bit.”

“She was sorta down in the pits. I cheered her up. Well, I think I did. Well, Qui Gon told me that I was a Jedi padawan.

“Really? Is that why he seemed to recognize you?”


“Yes. It seems that I had been going somewhere, and had my memory erased, of course I already assumed that.”

“Why didn't the Jedi go after you?”

“They thought I was dead. I'm remembering things; I can feel things, sense things, but just a little bit. It's cool. I also found out that my name was Obi Wan at the Jedi Temple. Ben was my birth name.”

“Obi Wan…nice name…You have a very interesting past, Obi Wan. Do you want me to call you Ben or Obi Wan?”

“Call me Ben.”

Suddenly a boy rushed in. “Qui Gon's in trouble!”

Obi Wan and Padme rushed into the cockpit. Qui Gon was locked in deadly combat with a man in a black cloak.

“Start up and fly low. Qui Gon can jump onto the ramp,” Obi Wan commanded.

They flew over them and Obi Wan ran to the ramp. Qui Gon was laying down breathing hard.

“Are you alright?” the boy asked.

“I think so…that'll be a surprise I'll never forget,” Qui Gon said.

“What was it?” Obi Wan asked.

“I don't know... but he was well trained in the Jedi arts. My guess is he was after the Queen...” Qui Gon trailed off.

“Do you think he'll follow us?” the boy asked.

We'll be safe enough once we're in hyperspace, but I have no doubt he knows our destination,” Qui Gon replied.

“What are we going to do about it?”

“We will be patient. Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi Wan Kenobi.”

“Hi there, are you a Jedi too?” Anakin asked.

“No. But I'm pleased to meet you.”

“Same here.”




















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment