Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

Obi Wan was cast out the Jedi Order around the age of 12... but where did he go? He hasn't been heard from for 13 years....

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8


Another chapter up! As for Tahl, I'll have to see what happens to her, but I'm leaning toward that she won't die. As for Qui-Gon, we'll have to see!



Somewhere in a Sith base



Darth Maul paced around the dark lit room. He was angry; angry at his master, and angry at that Xanatos. All he had to do was waiting here, and wait for Xanatos. How dare he take his job! This killing Jedi business; it was his! Who cares if that Jinn was Xanatos old master! It's his job! He turned his head, feeling a presence coming closer. The door opened to the room, and a dark clad figure walked in.

Darth Maul walked over to him. “Xanatos, this was my job. The master didn't even give you that job!”

Xanatos looked at him, annoyed. “It was my old master, Maul. I needed him to know that I was still alive.” Xanatos thought back to the short battle:



Xanatos parried the blow. He put his hood back a little. Qui Gon hesitated for a minute. Xanatos took the chance and swung his blade fiercely “Surprised to see me master?”

Qui Gon gasped at the face and the voice. The face, the black hair, the scar on his cheek…”Xanatos?”

“Yes, it is me, your old apprentice. I have come back, and I won't stop till I'm done seeing you dead, and your other precious new Jedi.”

Qui Gon parried, still wanting to understand what was happening. “How?”

“Good bye, Master.” Xanatos got ready for a killing blow, but the ship came over and Qui Gon jumped on the ramp. Xanatos decided to leave Qui Gon be. He'll get his chance another time.



Xanatos came back to the present. The battle was brief, but it shook Qui Gon all the same. He spoke to Darth Maul, “You might need help defeating Qui Gon. Remember, I spent some training years with him. I know how he moves.”

“As a sith, we are supposed to expect all moves, learn every one, and not let one enemy get away,” Maul hissed.

“As you keep on pointing out, Maul, I am not a sith. I work on my own way.” Xanatos folded his arms. “I merely wanted to kill Qui Gon and that Obi Wan Kenobi. You can kill the whole Jedi Order, for all I care.”

Just as Darth Maul was about to reply, the intercom beeped. He went over to receive the message. Their master appeared in front of them.

“Xanatos, as long as you are here, follow my orders. All will work as planned,” their master said.

Xanatos bowed and said, “As you wish, Master, I just felt Darth Maul wasn't ready.”

Darth Maul glared daggers at Xanatos. He was about to say something when he was interrupted again.

“I trained Darth Maul myself, he is more than ready.”

Darth Maul smirked at Xanatos, while Xanatos glared daggers at Maul.

Their Master continued speaking, “The Queen of Naboo is going back to her home planet. I want both of you to go to Naboo and wait for them to attack. Then fight in which way seems best to destroy them all.”

Both of the men bowed, saying, “Yes, Master, it will be done.”

Once the hologram disappeared, Xanatos headed for the door. Darth Maul asked a question to him before he left. “Xanatos, what did you do with my speeder?”

Xanatos grinned. “That old thing? I got rid of it.”

Darth Maul growled. “I swear, one day, I'm going to kill you.”

“Not if I kill you first.” Xanatos turned and force pushed Darth Maul into the wall. He went out the door. Darth Maul got himself off the floor. He would soon, very soon, start a plan to kill Xanatos, even if it met letting a Jedi live.



Jedi Temple



Obi Wan caught up to Qui Gon. “Do you think Anakin passed?”

Qui Gon barely looked at him. “I have faith in the boy that he'll pass.”

“I have a bad feeling about the boy.”

“He may be too old to train by their judgments. But he needs to be trained.”

“I don't know…”

“Look at you: twenty-five years old and after thirteen years getting accepted back into the Jedi Temple? Now why do you think Anakin's too old?”

“I'm sorry, Master, but I must object. I started remembering things, and I am now where a Jedi my age should be, if not more.”

Qui Gon stopped and looked at Obi Wan. “I know, Obi Wan. But I have this feeling, that if Anakin is trained, he'll pass everyone. He could get very far.”

“I also have a feeling about that too. He would make a great Jedi, but I wouldn't want it all to go to his head.” Obi Wan looked outside to the setting sun.

“We'll just see how it goes,” sighed Qui Gon. They got into the elevator that went up to the Jedi Council Chamber.



Jedi Council Chambers



“What?”

“He will not be trained, Qui Gon,” Mace Windu said.

Qui Gon felt Anakin's grief. He put his hands on his shoulders to support him. “Why is he not to be trained?”

“He is too old. He already has too much anger,” Windu said.

“But he is the chosen one; you must see that!” Qui Gon tried to control his features.

“Clouded, this boy's future is. Masked by his youth,” Yoda said.

“Then I will train him,” Qui Gon stated.

“We forbid it, Qui Gon.” Windu said, leaning forward, resting his head on hands. “We will discuss this later, now is not the time for this...the Senate is voting for a new Supreme Chancellor. Queen Amidala is returning home, which will put pressure on the Federation, and could widen the confrontation.

And draw out the Queen's attacker,” Yoda said.

Ki-Adi spoke, “Events are moving fast...too fast.

Go with the Queen to Naboo and discover what Xanatos is doing,” Mace Windu told Qui Gon. “Protect the Queen, but do not intercede if it comes to war until we have the Senate's approval.

Train Anakin not. Take him with you, but train him not!” Yoda stated. “And May the Force be with you.

Qui Gon headed out the door, Anakin following behind and Obi Wan right behind Anakin. Obi Wan caught up to Qui Gon. “I'm sorry, Qui Gon.”

Qui Gon sighed. “We tried, but it will work out somehow, it will.” He turned around and smiled at Anakin. “It will be fine, Anakin. It will work out.”

Anakin gave a little smile and nodded.



Landing Platform



Obi Wan stood with Anakin and Qui Gon on the landing platform outside this ship. He had his misgivings about Anakin, but it might be ok. He listened to Anakin's and Qui Gon conversation.

“Am I a problem, Qui Gon sir?” Anakin asked.

You won't be, Annie....I'm not allowed to train you, so I want you to watch me and be mindful...always remember, your focus determines your reality. Stay close to me and you will be safe,” Qui Gon reassured.

Master, sir... I've been wondering... what are midi-chlorians?” Anakin questioned.

Obi Wan was wondering what they were too. He couldn't remember anything about them.

Midi-chlorians are a microscopic life form that reside within all living cells and communicates with the Force,” Qui Gon told Anakin, aware that Obi Wan was listening with interest.

So I have something living inside of me. Great. Obi Wan smiled as Anakin asked the question Obi Wan was thinking.

Qui Gon gave a little smile. “In your cells. We are symbionts with the midi-chlorians.

Symbionts?” Anakin asked.

Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force.

Ah, I understand. Obi Wan thought.

When you learn to quiet your mind, you will hear them speaking to you,” Qui Gon continued on.

“I don't understand,” Anakin said.

With time and training, Annie...you will,” Qui Gon patted Anakin on the head.

Two air taxis pulled up to the landing platform. The queen came up to the Jedi with her handmaidens, Palpatine, Panaka, some troops and guards.

Qui Gon bowed, as did Anakin and Obi Wan. “Your Highness, it is our pleasure to continue to serve and protect you.

The queen nodded her thanks, and then said, “I welcome your help. Senator Palpatine fears the Federation means to destroy me.

Qui Gon reassured her, “I promise you, I will not let that happen.”

The queen smiled and walked up the ramp. She gave a smile to Obi Wan. “Hello, Senator Ben.”

“Queen.” Obi Wan bowed. He followed her and her handmaidens up the ramp.

Qui Gon and Anakin were hugged by Jar Jar. “Wesa goen home!

Jar Jar goes in the ship, followed by Qui Gon and Anakin. The ship takes off, headed to Naboo.



Ah, that's it for today. Hoped you enjoyed it!
!!!!


















































Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment