Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Naruto has a secret...Oneshot [Warning: insanity, mental illness]

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Chapter 2 - Chapter two


Kakashi sighed, rather tiredly as he walked into the asylum that his student was getting released from today.

He couldn't believe it had already been six months since it; it being the morning Naruto's apartment was found empty and their rediscovery of him that very same night.

He and Sasuke had been the actually ones to find him. It seemed to be that he was merely walking around in the forest twenty or so miles away form the village; dirty with mud and blood (walking around all day in a forest barefooted isn't smartest thing unless you want your feet cut up badly).

At the time in fact, Kakashi had felt elated that they had found the boy; even if he was a little worn for wear.

That was, until they both noticed something very wrong with him.

They'll be coming soon.” The blond had said as soon as he had spotted them.

Sasuke and Kakashi shared a confused look.


Who's coming Naruto?” Sasuke asked jokingly, silently thinking that Naruto was just tired and hallucinating things.

The Voices. They're strange, they've come every night to visit me for almost a year; but they don't seem to like me very much.” Naruto said, going back to staring at the sun setting in the sky.

What do they tell you?” Kakashi asked the air and feeling of relief of having found Naruto now very much gone.

They tell me to die or they call me really bad names; like demon or monster. I haven't been able to sleep for almost a year because they get so loud sometimes. Do you think I'm a monster, Kakashi-sensei?” Naruto asked with a chillingly casual voice.

No Naruto. I don't think you're a monster.” Kakashi said, realizing the truth.

Oh. Well that's good.” Naruto said smiling as the sun finally set.

Kakashi was now walking out with Naruto; a very pale Naruto.


The doctors had diagnosed Naruto with schizophrenia, adolescent onset, paranoid type.

Naruto was to live with Iruka for the rest of his life and he knew that the boy's friends had wanted to have a welcome home party for him; which the adults had flat out refused. None of Naruto's friends had any clue what was wrong with him, and with Sasuke swearing under an oath that he would not tell anybody, it had stay like that. They hadn't even let them into the asylum to see the boy; wasn't the smartest thing to do.

Over excite the poor blond and he might have had an attack. Even though Naruto was on medication (Risperdal, he believed that was its name) he would still get attacks from time to time.

Kakashi now looked at Naruto and sighed sadly.

His hair had grow longer over the months, but had lost its sheen that naturally made sun attracted to it; making it even brighter then it was to begin with.

His skin was now a pale pasty color instead of its once normal bronze. His blue eyes, where once so many emotions had played, were now dull, deprived of emotion, and almost unblinking.

Kakashi sighed again as he realized something he should have realized at least six months ago.

Naruto would never be able to fulfill his dream of becoming Hokage.

Naruto would never get better; never.

“Kakashi-sensei.” Naruto said, startling Kakashi out of his thoughts.

“Yes Naruto?” the teacher asked.

“Am I insane?” Naruto asked bluntly.

Kakashi thought about what he should say for a moment.

“No Naruto. You're not insane, your brain is just…a little different then everyone else's.”

“I see. I suppose that's not a horrible thing. Can we go get some ramen please?” Naruto said.

“Sure Naruto, we'll go get some ramen.” Kakashi answered.

Two weeks later, Naruto was found in his apartment; a kunai promptly shoved through his throat and wrists slit wide open. Next to him was a blood splattered piece of paper that read:

I'm sorry if what I've done upsets you. But the Voices made me do it.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MandyLovsDaPeoples on June 29, 2006, 9:13:14 AM

MandyLovsDaPeoples on
MandyLovsDaPeopleshmmm thats kinda sad
i feel bad for naruto but i guess theres nothing to be done

sflower250 on June 23, 2006, 7:40:29 AM

sflower250 on
sflower250*shivers* p-poor naruto...! but he really was crazy @_@

black_calm on June 1, 2006, 11:52:45 PM

black_calm on
black_calm.............Freaky............. But cool.............. But still freaky