Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Richard Grayson never got along with his partners, until now, when a tall red- headed girl comes along.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2








Mission briefing





Kori looked at her reflection sceptically, looking at her new uniform.

It consisted of a pair of black loose pants, and a black t-shirt with a bullet proof vest, for they where going to stop bank thieves, and needed the basics, in case the thieves had guns. She wore black trainers, and her hair was now in a tight plait.

“You don't look that bad.” Richard's voice came to her ears, and she looked around, seeing him in the doorway, watching her.

“No, it is not…They are just…so dark.” Kori said, looking back at her reflection.

Richard raised an eyebrow; he was clad in the same style of clothes, though he had steel toed boots.

A voice came from a small circular speaker, the com. Link. The voice was thick with an American accent.

“Hey, Richie I need you and…Kori to get here now. I'll give you the low down on the bank.” It was Victor, “We've found out that they'll probably be using an explosive to get into the south wall.”

Richard nodded slightly, before motioning to Kori, who sighed, before following him.

She was silent as Richard led the way to an office room. He opened the door, making sure to hold it open for Kori. She thanked him as she walked past.

He smiled, closing the door. The room was full of computer screens and many different computers, Kori looked around curiously, her eyes wide with anticipation.

She saw a chair, on wheels, turn around to face the two. On it sat a muscled African-American, with a bald head and fierce grey eyes. He wore a muscle shirt, and a pair of grey pants. This was Victor, and he tended to stay inside a lot, hardly leaving the confides of his office. Though he could drive, and loved his `baby' to pieces, though not literally.

“Hey Rich.” He said, standing up and putting a hand on Richard's shoulder in greeting.

“How've you been Vic?” Richard replied, before turning to Kori. “Kori, this is my good friend Victor.” He then turned back to Victor, “Vic' this is my new partner Kori.”

“Nice to meetcha little lady” Victor said winking. Kori giggled. He then whispered to Richard, “You've never had female partners before.”

“I know.” Richard replied, equally as quiet, “I'm guessin' Bruce couldn't find anyone better, apparently she's the best in Britain.”

Victor nodded, before straightening up, and sitting down, twirling his chair towards his computer.

He quickly closed down a page he was looking at, which looked suspiciously like new parts for a car, and opened up a map of the bank.

“There” -He pointed onto the screen, Kori and Richard leaned in closer to see it better, “Is the main entrance, but we doubt they'd get in that way, its way too well protected, guards and reinforced doors. Here” -He pointed to another place, “Is the southern wall, or the back wall. It's the weakest point in the whole building, there are only a few layers of brick between the outside, and the inside.” He then ran his finger along a series of hallways, “All of these are well protected, guards, cameras, the works. All there.” He then typed in something, and the ventilation system lit up, glowing red among the blue on the screen. Each shaft was above the corridors, except a huge room at the back which was the vault. “The vents are guarded too, infra red beams. Though these are easily bypassed, stick a mirror in front of one, and then its reflected againstcha, but its way too easy, and expected.”

Victor leaned back in his chair slightly, before typing in something else and a 3-D image of the bank showed on screen, rotating slowly.

“Here's the bank in 3D, what can you see wrong with this picture, what looks odd, and can easily be used to get in.” He said, looking up at the two.

They both looked at the screen intently, before they both pointed to the same place, a huge dumpster (a/n: it's a skip were I'm from, lol… just thought I'd let y'all know) was against the wall of the bank.

“Bingo.” Victor said, typing something else in, the 3D image stopped rotating, and it stayed still near the dumpster. Slightly above it was a chute, where trash (a/n: or rubbish, lol, I'm British, but a lot of people on fanfic are American) left the bank, and fell into the dumpster.

“They would easily climb through the chute.” Kori pointed out, “and it is highly unlikely that the workers in the bank would expect someone to travel through such a stinky, and narrow, place.”

“Usually only trash is bound to go through there.” Richard added, “So it's most likely blocked up…”

Victor typed in, and the chute was zoomed in.

“Though that looks like it could easily be pulled off…” Richard said slowly, meaning the grate covering the chute, which was off during the day when people where in the bank, using the trashcans, (a/n: bins to the British. Sorry to interrupt by the way…) but they obviously don't put it back on well.”

Victor nodded, “So one of you has to wait, hide, near the dumpster and if you see the criminals, shoot them. Only injure them, just a shot in the arm.” He said, “So that way, if they aren't really the criminals they can easily go the hospital a few blocks away, and if they are the criminals then we'll have a sample of their blood from the wound.” Kori and Richard nodded, though Richard had a frown on his face. “The other of you,” Victor continued, “Will wait inside, listening carefully and whatnot. I can get Gar to wait outside, and watch to see which way they go in, then radio you guys. Raven might be able to go too, just for extra support since this is too small a mission for the whole force to be involved.”

“Why do they need two of the best then?” Richard asked, meaning him and Kori.

“Because of what's in the vault, among the money.” Victor said, “A very rare chemical, though only about one hundredth of it, is in the bank, and if anyone attempts to steal it, we can alert more cops in Jump, Gotham, Steel, and Sin cities, to more heavily guard the other supplies. This chemical is Xynothium, it's very dangerous and has quite a lot of energy, could power a jet plane for long enough for it to travel around the world, twice. Even a small phial can power a few hundred planes to set off from here, and go to Britain. “

Kori and Richard looked temporarily stunned.

“Go to Raven, she'll have your guns ready.” Victor said, before quickly typing something, and after a few minutes a sheet of paper came out of the printer, something written on it.

Victor took out a pen and quickly scrawled his signature on the bottom.

“Take this to Bruce, and then once he's signed it take it to Rae.” He said, giving the paper to Richard.

“Seeya Vic', and thanks.” Richard said, smiling. Kori waved to Victor, as she left the office. A thin layer of sweat lined her brow.

Richard closed the door, and Kori sighed.

“It is so hot in there, it is a wonder he can breathe.” She said, wiping her brow.

Richard did the same. “I know what you mean.”

They headed to Bruce Wayne's office, Richard's godfather. Bruce quickly looked over the paper, before scrawling his own signature next to Victor's, then his attendant hustled Kori and Richard out of his office.

Richard huffed indignantly, before they headed to Raven's office.

“Here to get your weapons, right?” Raven asked as Richard opened the door.

“Yep.” Richard said, smirking.

She handed the pistols to the two, Kori looked at it warily, before placing the gun in a holster on her belt, and Richard scowled as he did the same, muttering “I hate guns.”

Raven looked at the two expectantly when they didn't leave her office, “I have a lot of work to do.” She said plainly, indicating the pile of papers on her desk.

“Vic' and Bruce said that you and Gar have to be on stake out duty, watching out backs.” Richard said, smirking.

She frowned, “You're kidding right?” she looked to Kori for any sign that this was some sort of a joke, Kori shrugged lightly, shaking her head.

Richard held out the paper, and Raven snatched it off him.

“I can't believe this.” Raven muttered, after a short curse, “I've got tons of work to do!” She then sighed, “I'm demanding a pay rise. But I guess I'll go get Gar…and a bullet proof vest, just in case the worst comes.”

Richard nodded, and Kori and Richard followed Raven.

“Richard, do you think that we will apprehend these crooks?” Kori asked quietly.

“I'm sure of it Kori.” He said, smiling reassuringly. “I just hope we don't have to shoot them.”

“Me neither, I've had bad experiences with guns.” Kori said, looking to the floor.

“Same here, my parents were killed by a gun.” Richard said, looking at her.

She gasped looking into his pristine blue eyes. “I am so sorry.” She said sympathetically, “Then we have both shared a similar past.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that my parents where killed by guns also.” She muttered, as they reached Gar's office.

Raven opened the door, Richard and Kori followed her in. They all raised eyebrows as they saw Gar, sleeping with his head on his desk, cuddling a sock, and muttering a name that sounded suspiciously like Raven.

Raven glared at him, though a light blush tinted her cheeks. She threw the nearest object she could find, which was a small lamp. It hit Gar's head, and he woke up instantly.

“I'm awake!” He cried, sitting up and throwing the sock to the floor.

“At least I know now that you think of me as a sock.” Raven said, sarcasm in her voice.

Gar blushed, laughing sheepishly. Kori giggled, and even Richard let a smile grace his lips.

“We're needed on stake out duty, we've gotta keep an eye on Kori and Richard.” Raven said sternly.

Gar groaned, standing up and walking over to them. “Can I drive?” He asked hopefully.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment