Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter 3

Richard Grayson never got along with his partners, until now, when a tall red- headed girl comes along.

Chapter 3 - chapter 3

Chapter 3 - chapter 3




The mission



Five minutes later, the four where sat in a black mustang convertible, hoping not to draw
too much attention to themselves.

Richard was driving, with Kori in the front passenger seat, Raven and Gar where sat in the back.

After a few more minutes the pulled up, just down the road from the bank. Gar had binoculars, and was watching the bank, while Raven sat, leaning against the window, bored.

Kori and Richard climbed out, looking around cautiously.

“You wait outside, okay?” Richard suggested, “It'll be easier for you, you won't have to fight…just shoot.”

Kori frowned, but nodded slowly, “Very well.”

Richard smirked, he liked his new partner even more, she didn't even argue to being left outside.

He smiled to her, and waved as he walked inside, feeling slightly guilty, but knew that it was part of the job.

He walked silently through the hallways, and into the central hall, where there where many desks where people would collect their money, only they where empty at the moment. His footsteps echoed, and he frowned, before standing still. The footsteps continued.

His eyes narrowed as he pulled out his gun, and he listened closely for the source of the sound. Though they where echoing, he groaned silently; this was harder than he thought.

He pressed a small button on a watch, which was on his wrist. It was a special com-link, Gar, Raven and Kori each had one.

“Gar, Rae, Kori, have any of you guys seen anything?” He whispered into the face of his watch, which had a speaker hidden in it, looking more like an ordinary watch.

He heard Kori sigh, “No, I have not seen, nor heard anything. I am cold, and I am sure it is about to rain.”

Richard let out a small chuckle, she sounded quite sour, and he had to admit it added a strange edge to her personality.

“Are you laughing?” Raven's voice came.

“No.” Richard replied, though a smile was still on his face, unseen by his comrades as they weren't even in the same room as him.

“Well, we haven't seen anything, and I am really bored!” Gar complained.

“Well, I can hear something, sounds like footsteps.”

“You are sure that they are not your own?” Kori asked.

“Positive, since I'm stood still” Richard replied, another smile gracing his lips.

“I shall come inside and help you.” Kori said, as static came. “Oh, X'hal this is not my day.” She added, groaning.

Richard raised an eyebrow at the odd word, “What's up?”

He could hear Raven and Gar laughing, well Raven's laugh was more of a chuckle, while Gar was in stitches. Richard then heard a roll of thunder, and grinned, though he heard Kori let out a light scream.

“It is pouring.” She said plainly, the static caused by rain on her com. “I am used to rain in England, but there are not often strong storms.” She added, her footsteps could be heard through the com. Richard guessed she was coming into the bank.

“Be quick Kor'” Richard said, as he heard footsteps in the room he was in, he prayed that Kori had just arrived early, though highly doubted it. “Richard, over and out.” He said, as he released the button.

He looked around cautiously, his eyes narrowed and his gun ready to fire. He heard them clearly, and he turned around, a strange figure in black was stood there, a white skull mask on their face, with a red X shape over his or her right eye. (*gasp* guess who?)


Richard fired in shock, and then his eyes widened as the figure fizzled out, leaving a circular object on the floor.

“Richard?” He heard Kori ask.

“I'm fine!” He called, looking towards the doorway.


Kori came in, her hair was soaked to her face, and her clothes clung to her body. She was shivering slightly, and Richard had an unusual urge to hug her, or make her warm. He shook the thought out of his head, as he turned back to the object.

“Do you know what this is?” He asked her, indicating it.

She walked over, crouching down to get a closer view. “It looks like some sort of holographic projector.” She said, turning her head slightly to look at it from different angles.

“How-” Richard started, but was interrupted by his com link.

“Rick, there's someone escaping onto the roof, he must've slipped by you.” Raven's voice said, urgently.

He and Kori exchanged glances, nodding quickly before setting off at a run. Kori quickly picked up the holographic projector; they could use it to maybe find something out on the thief.

She followed as Richard ran up a few sets of stairs, eventually reaching the roof, the rain was falling hard.

A black figure was looking over the edge.


“Freeze!” Richard shouted, his gun aimed at the person's back.

The person turned around, he looked exactly like the hologram.

“Nah, I don't feel like it.” He said, Richard guessed that he was smirking behind his mask. “Why don't you.” He cocked a gun, aiming it at Richard's head.

Both where in a stalemate, if one of them shot, the other would, each killing each other.

Kori stared on, unsure what to do, she had never been in this situation before.

Kori held her own gun up, aiming at the thief, if he shot Richard, she'd shoot him.

“You guys are no fun.” He said, putting his own gun in its holster. “At least now I know how rubbish the security is. I'll bring more …'friends' next time. Oh, and call me X, Red X” He then dived off the building, but by the time Kori and Richard looked over, he was gone.

Richard sighed, before talking into his com, “Rae, did you see him?”

“Nope, Gar didn't either.” Raven replied.

Richard sighed, before putting his own gun in its holster, Kori had already done so, and was hugging herself, shivering. Richard felt a quick chill, and his hair was flat against his head, his own clothes clinging to his body.

They eventually reached their car, sitting in the front seats, both grimacing from the feel of wet pants on their legs.

Kori pulled the holographic projector from a small pocket. “Do you think this will be enough evidence for the moment?”

Richard, Gar and Raven smirked.

“Yeah, that'll do for now, Kor'” Richard said.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment