Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - VAL

This is a POV/Songfic. Jak has a surprise for Keira and she can't help but think back to when she firt met the lovable mute... and why she loves him...Enjoy! ^_^

Chapter 1 - VAL

Chapter 1 - VAL
If there were no words,
Neko_Kurai:“Hiya! Glad you decided to take a look at my fic! Just a little FYI, this story is based back when Jak and the gang still lived in Sandoverand they were about 15. A POV song fic (yeah forgotto mention that…^_^) Song by Martina Mcbride intitled…that’s right, MY VALENTINE…) Well enough of mymindless banter…ON WITH THE STORY!” X3
Disclaimer: Jak and charactersbelong to Naughty Dog (save for cousin Billey)
****************************************************************
 
If there wereno words,
No way tospeak,
I’d would still hear you…
 
 
            “Where arewe going, Jak?”
The blonde haired youth only smiled as he continued to lead Keira through Forbidden Forest. Keira only shook her head in confusion as she continued tofollow the mute youth. The forest looked alive, despite the fact that it was solate; every rustle of leaves made her jump slightly, and every time, Jak would look to her and smile gently, which seemed tohelp her nerves somewhat.
            “Do we haveto be in Forbidden Forest? I mean, couldn’twe wait till morning?” she asked for the millionth time. Jakonly shook his head for the millionth time and led on. She huffed infrustration, wondering how she got herself into this mess…
 
If there wereno tears,
No way to feelinside,
I’d still feel foryou….
 
            It was onein the morning (just giving an estimate; they didn’t have clocks after all)when Keira rubbed her eyes sleepily as she heard the continous tap tap tap of  pebbles being thrown against the wallsof her room. She lay on her bed, half awake, but the taps grew annoying and shescoffed angrily; it was probably Daxter pulling astupid prank again.
Keira quickly jumped out of bed,pulling on her pants (she slept in her underwear during the warm spring nights)and made her way outside, fists clenched angrily.
            “I swear Daxter, if you scratched my zoomer,I’m gonnna--”she stopped short as she saw that it wasJak, leaning sheepishly against plant that grewoutside her room. He only smiled nervously and waved, dropping the rest of thepebbles. ’Hi. Hope you’re not upset that Iwoke you…’ his smile seemed to say.
            “Jak? What’re you doing here?” sheasked, looking around; she found it odd that he was alone, especially since hewas usually accompanied by the annoying Ottsel, Daxter. “You could get in trouble if my father catches youhere, especially since its so late…”
Jak only rolled his eyes as hegave her that smile of his, ’Like I care what yourfather will do…’ it said. Kiera couldn’t helpgiggling to herself; he looked so cute when he smiled like that; she couldn‘tresist. Jak chuckled lightly and began to walktowards the bridge, turning around, looking at her. ’Are you coming?’his eyes seemed to ask. Keira looked quickly to her fathers window; it was dark, he hadn’t heard a thing; andfollowed Jak down the path…
 
            That was anhour ago.
It was getting colder now, and Keiracould have sworn she felt a tiny drop of water land on the tip of her nose. Shewas not alone; Jak looked up towards the sky andfrowned when he saw the dense clouds beginning to cover the night sky.
            “Maybe weshould head back, Jak. It looks like it might rain…”
Jak only shook his head andpressed on, with her following close behind him.
 
And even if thesun refused to shine;
Even if romanceran out of rhyme.
You would stillhave my heart, until the end of time…
 
            The cloudsgrew thicker over head and now it was starting to drizzle. Keirafolded her arms about her, rubbing them furiously; the rain felt like iceagainst her bare arms. Yet Jak continued on, a lookof determination across his youthful face and his soft blue eyes attentive andeager. What ever he wanted to show her, it was important to him, but what andwhy, she couldn’t figure.
            When shesuddenly sneezed he seemed to have snapped out of his thoughts and looked backat her and an expression of realization came upon his face. He quickly took offhis blue coat, throwing it over her shoulder; it was big on her, and his bodyheat resonated onto her cold body which warmed her right up; also the flush shefelt as his hands rested on her shoulders.
            “Thanks…”she said shyly. Jak smiled that smile again. He lefthis hands linger on her shoulders for a few more seconds before he blushed andpulled them away. When he saw sight of the bridge that lay over the lake, hesmiled widely to her. ‘Almost there…’ it said.
 
You’re all Ineed,
My love,
My Valentine…
 
            She watchedhis back and began to think back to when she first met him. She was a child offive and her father, Samoshad pulled her up to the boy as he sat near the edge of the bridge, swinginghis legs in boredom.
            “Jak, I would like you to met mydaughter, Keira.” he said, pulling Keira out from behind him. The boy only blinked as ifsaying, ‘okay…she’s Keira.’
            “Hi…” shesaid shyly, hiding again behind her fathers legs. She had seen the boy around Sandover before, when her mother would visit the Bird Lady.
           
            Jak had been playing with the red hared boy with the bigteeth; they were playing close to the Farmers Yakowpen. She watched as the red haired boy climb into the pen; perhaps to show offhis valor, or something boys do to prove their worth. She gasped in fright asshe spotted the Yabull snort towards the boy,lowering his horns, preparing to charge.
            She musthave gasped loudly, for it caught the blonde boys attention; he pulled hisfriend out before the Yabull‘s horns reached thedestination. As they stumbled away from the pen, Jaklooked towards her and smiled that smile. She hid away from the window,and the boy cocked his head in confusion, but shrugged it off as his friendcalled to him. Keira peeked from underneath thewindow, watching the blonde boy run after his friend, and from that day on, sheknew that she loved this boy.
           
            She blushedwhen the boy, Jak, looked down shyly, lifting a smallhand and waved. She looked up at her father, confused as to why this boy didnot say hi to her back.
            “Keira. Jak…doesn’t talk much,” Samossaid. “so I don’t want you to tease him, okay? It’sbad enough the painters boy… what was his name again,the one who likes to play with that muse… cries every time he sees you.Anyways,” he turned to Jak. “I was wondering if youwouldn’t mind playing with Keira?” he asked. Jak looked to Keira and nodded,smiling. “Excellent.” he pushed Keira towards Jak. “No run along and play alright? Behave Keira.”
            “Yesdaddy…” she said as Samoslevitated towards the upper level of the house. Jakand Keira stood quietly, kicking the loose dirt withtheir toes. Then, Jak took her hand in his own; shelooked up startled but his eyes seemed to say, ’come on, lets play…’ andshe allowed him to led her towards Sandover to thesmall pond past the Painters house (later to be the Sculptors house). Therethey played in the sand, building small forts and decorating them with shells.Once or twice he made to catch the small tadpoles that swam near the edge ofthe pond, but failed many times; Keira showed him howto catch them easily with a large shell. Jak laughedas they caught many of them (later letting them go of course).
 
All of my lifeI have been waiting for all you’ve give to me
You’ve open myeyes and showed me how to love unselfishly…
 
            It waslater in the afternoon that Keira would meet the mostannoyingest boy in all of Sandover…
            “Hey Jak!!” a squeaky voice called from behind them. Jak and Keira looked up fromtheir new fort and saw the red haired boy, Daxter,walking towards them. “Finally! I thought I’d neverfind you! Guess what! One of the Farmers Yakows threwup this nasty looking ball of…” the red haired finally spotted Keira and made a face. “Ewww, agirl (ironic isn’t it)! Jak, don’t tell me you’replaying with a girl? Don’t you know they have cooties! That‘s so nasty!” theboy exclaimed. Keira got up angrily.
            “Hey! I donot!”
            “Yeah youdo! My cousin Billey told me. Says that girls carry allkindsa cooties and that if boys touch ’em, they’ll get a really bad rash and blisters”
            “Nuh uh!! Takethat back!”
            “Uh huh! My cousin Billy never lies to me! And no I won’t!”
            “I saidtake it back!” Keira could feel her tears start toswell in her eyes and was about to cry when Jak stoodin front of Keira. He lifted a hand placed it on Keira’s bare shoulder.
            “Jak!! Gross! Now you havecooties!!!” Daxter yelled, but he didn’t see Jak run quickly to him and touch Daxteron his face. “Ahh!! Now Ihave cooties!! Ahh!!!” he threw himself on the floorand was rolling around dramatically; Jak and Kiera looked to each other and laughed. Daxterstopped his moaning to look up at them. “Hey! This isn’t funny! Now I’minfected! And it’s your fault Jak!” he pointedaccusingly at the mute boy. Jak rolled his eyes andshowed his hand, raising as brow. ’Does that lookinfected to you?’ he seemed to say. He grabbed Daxterand pulled him towards the water to see his reflection.
            “Hey…you’re right… I’m okay!” Daxter exclaimed. “Whew!What a relief…I’m gonna have a talk with cousin Billy…anyways, lets go! That pile of Yakow throwup isn’t getting anynastier…” Jak pulled him roughly by the shirt andlooked to Keira. “What? Oh yeah, I guess I owe you an ’pology…” Jakpulled him roughly again. “And…. Do you wannacome see that Yakow thing with us?” Jak beamed in satisfaction.
            “Really? You don’t care that I’m a girl?”
            “Nah… if Jak don’t then I guess I don’t. Nowc’mon!” Daxter went running off. Jak continued to beam happily and grabbed Keira’s hand, pulling her along…
 
I’ve dreamed ofthis 1000 times before
In my dreams Icouldn’t love you more….
I would giveyou my heart until the end of time…
You’re all Ineed, my love my valentine…
 
            Keira pulled out of her reverie as a huge drop of rain hither head; a chill ran down her spine. Jak was lookingworried now and he took her hand, causing her to run with him as he soughtshelter from the storm. He led her to the old Precursor building where a vat ofblue eco was raising from the ground.
            He quicklystepped into it, blue eco encircling his body and he led her near the doorwhere it opened easily. He hurried her inside; the sound of rain ecoed hollowly against the metal structure, which soundedsoothing in some way. Keira, tired from the run, andlack of sleep, sat down heavily against the metal pillar. Jaksighed and sat next to her.
            “So, isthis what you wanted to show me?” she said, a bit curtly than she wanted. Jak shrugged and looked sadly to Keira,shaking his head. ’I’m sorry…’ it said. Keirafelt her grumpiness melt away and sighed.
            “I’m sorry Jak. I didn’t mean to sound so…mean…”
Jak shook his head again waving a hand  indifferently.
            “No I’mserious. I’m sure you wanted to show me something great,” she slid a little closerto him. “but you know what… I don’t really mind…”
Jak tilted his head in puzzlement.
 
Andeven if the sun refused to shine…
           
            “As long asI can spend my time with you, it’s worth it…” she whispered. Jak slid a little closer to her and even though she couldnot look at him, she could feel that smile of his. They sat that way, in asilence that was so comforting, and to Keira, soright…the silence…
The silence?
Even if romanceran out of rhyme…
 
            “The rainstopped…” Keira noted. Jakcocked his head to listen. He stood up suddenly and went out the door, but cameback as soon as he left and lifted her up.
            “What is itJak?” she asked nervously. He was smiling broadly andmade his way to the blue eco vat again. As he powered up he took her to theHigh Jump ( don’t know what its really called…) andpulled her closely, wrapping his arms around her. He smirked and raised a brow…’You ready?’
            “Jak--” but they were shooting up, into the sky. Keira closed her eyes against the wind that blew againstthem, but managed to open one eye to look at Jak. Hewas looking straight upwards, a triumphant smile that made her heart skip abeat…
 
You would stillhave my heart until the end of time…
 
They landed on the top tower and Jakhurried her to the floating pillars until at last they were at the very top. Jak pointed up at the sky, the clear, inky sky, and thesite took her breath away. The stars seemed to be falling from the sky,cascading downward with such brilliant light; white, blue, even red withstreaks of yellow, and sometimes silver.
 
Cause all Ineed is you my valentine….
           
            “Wow…” shewhispered. “Jak… this is… beautiful…” she looked athim and he was looking at her with that smile. ‘Told you it was worthit…’ it said. Keira laughed and hugged Jak about his waist, looking up at the sky. He was lookingdown at her, stunned by her sudden display of emotion, but slowly he let hishands wrap around her slender waist, resting his chin on her head.
 
You’re all Ineed, my love…
My valentine….
****************************************************************
 
NekoKurai: “Well that’s that! Hope you enjoyedmy story! Arigato for reading it; until next time X3
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment