Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Never Too Far

AU. Inuyasha copes with Kikyou's death.

Chapter 1 - Never Too Far

Chapter 1 - Never Too Far
Nesha: I decided to write this from my own, sick mind. This is an angst, Alternate Universe starring my favorite Anime couple, Kikyou/Inuyasha! Please R&R! It’s based from the song by Mariah Carey, “Never Too Far.”

NOTE: Everyone who isn’t human on the show IS human in this fic!

DISCLAIMER: I-DON’T-OWN-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH!!!

________________________________________________________________________

“Never Too Far”

You’re with me

Till the bitter end

What we had transcends

This experience…

Inuyasha stood in front of Kikyou’s gravesite. In his arms were several bouquets of flowers; each from a different variety. He looked at her tombstone, removed his dark shades, and bent down to place the flowers in front of it.

His fingers traced the carving of her face on the tombstone. He smiled bitterly. The artist really did capture her beauty. He looked at the tombstone, as it read: “Kikyou, Beloved sister, and fiancé. (1986 – 2003)” He closed his eyes and sighed. He remembered that tragic night, the night he lost the only woman he’d ever loved.

Too painful to

Talk about

So I’ll hold it in

Till my heart can mend

And be brave enough to love again…

***Flashback***

Inuyasha and Kikyou were walking through the park holding hands. It was a beautiful, warm night. The stars were shining, and the warm breeze gently blew their hair in the wind. Incandescent lamps were glowing perfectly, creating a romantic atmosphere.

They’ve just had dinner, when Inuyasha said he had an announcement to make. He insisted they’d go to the park, so Kikyou agreed.

A place in time

Still belongs to us

Stays preserved in my mind

In the memories there is solace…

They came across a large, marble water fountain. Kikyou sat on its edge, smiling at Inuyasha, who decided to stand up.

“Now can you tell me your surprise,” she asked.

“Not yet,” he answered. He leaned forward and planted his lips lightly against hers. He sat next to her and stared at her.

“What is it,” Kikyou asked.

“Nothing.”

“Okay… why are you staring at me like that?”

“Tell me you love me.”

Kikyou blinked, slightly taken aback. “I do. I love you, Inuyasha.”

“I love you, too,” he said. “Kikyou?” He grabbed her palms and laced his fingers with hers.

“Yes?”

“Tonight, I’m going to seal our love. I…” His voice trailed off. Inuyasha searched in his pockets, but he couldn’t find it. “Dammit!”

“What,” Kikyou questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Not you, I… Will you excuse me for a second? I left something in the car.”

“Sure…” Kikyou was completely confused now.

Inuyasha left her to retrieve the item he left in the car. Little did he know, when he left her, that’ll be the last time he’ll ever see her again.

Never too far away

I won’t let time erase

One bit of yesterday

Cause I have learned that

Nobody can take your place

Though we can never be

I’ll keep you close to me

When I remember…

Inuyasha approached the vehicle and unlocked it. He searched the glove compartment and found what he was looking for. He picked up a small, black, velvet box. Opening it, a diamond ring was in the center of it. Inuyasha smiled. Tonight, he was going to propose, and he and Kikyou will finally be together.

Inuyasha closed the car door and locked it. He began walking towards his beloved. As he approached her, he saw a man with a dark ponytail, holding a long knife to Kikyou’s neck.

Immediately, Inuyasha ran towards her, but he felt a sharp blow to the back of his head. He fell in the grass, releasing the velvet box. A man with long, white hair stood above him, holding a wrench.

The painful blow wasn’t powerful enough to knock him out, but it did weaken him. Inuyasha felt his hands and feet were being tied together. The man forced him on his knees.

Inuyasha was helpless as he watched as a liquid, crimson substance pour from Kikyou’s body. It stained her clothes, and the fountain water, turning it red. The pony-tailed man smiled maliciously at Kikyou’s blood-curdling screams. He continued to trust the knife inside of her.

Inuyasha screamed at the top of his lungs, but of course, it did nothing. The man finally stopped as Kikyou’s body fell lifelessly in the pool. The man walked towards Inuyasha and stood in front of him.

“Sesshomaru,” he said. “My work is done here. Let’s go.”

“Alright, Naraku,” Sesshomaru released Inuyasha and ran into the night with Naraku.

***Present Day***

Inuyasha’s tears spilled from his eyes. He placed a hand on her tombstone and sighed. He closed his eyes, trying to fight the hot tears back.

Glittering lights

Incandescent eyes

Still preserved

In my mind

In the memories I’ll find solace…

Kikyou’s beautiful face glowed from the incandescent lamps in the park. She smiled; her chocolate eyes were full of happiness, high hopes, and love.

The feel of her lips against his still lingered in his brain. Inuyasha pressed his fingers against his lips, remembering. He also remembered the sound of her laughter as he told her a couple of lame jokes over dinner. He’ll never let go of those memories, he’ll never forget.

A place in time

Still belongs to us

Stays preserved in my mind

In the memories there is solace…

Inuyasha stood at his full height. He touched the necklace he wore around his neck. On it was the diamond engagement ring he had that night. He took it off, and held it in his hands. He closed his eyes once more. He’ll never forget about her. He refused to let time removed his memories of his beloved, Kikyou. Even though they weren’t together here and now, he knows that one day they’ll eventually meet again.

Sometimes he cursed himself for leaving her that night. If he would’ve stayed with her, maybe she’ll still be alive today. Or perhaps he would’ve died with her. He’ll rather embrace her in death, than to live without her here on Earth. But he did vow to get revenge, and avenge her death!

Never too far away

I won’t let time erase

One bit of yesterday

Cause I have learned that

Nobody can take your place

And though we can never be

I’ll always think of you and me

Always remember…

Sensing another presence behind him, Inuyasha turned around and saw a younger version of Kikyou. Kaede stood, holding a bouquet of red roses. Silently, she approached Kikyou’s tombstone.

“Red roses were always her favorite,” she said. She bent down and placed them next to Inuyasha’s flowers.

She placed a hand on his shoulder and whispered,” It’s not your fault, you know? No one could’ve predicted this would happen. But she still lives on, in our memories, and in our heart.”

Inuyasha didn’t reply, he simply nodded. With the necklace in his hand, he placed it around Kaede’s roses. The diamond ring sparkled in various rainbow colors in the daylight. Placing the dark shades over his eyes, he and Kaede left Kikyou’s gravesite.

He looked in the sky and whispered, “Love, you’re never too far...”

________________________________________________________________________

Nesha: *dances happily* I’m finished, I’m finished! How can I be happy at a time like this? Please R&R! If you wanna e-mail me, it’s: nesha219@hotmail.com

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

zelda41 on January 13, 2007, 3:22:27 AM

zelda41 on
zelda41aww i reread it man i still get teary eyed
:'(

Inu_lover1644 on February 19, 2006, 6:51:29 AM

Inu_lover1644 on
Inu_lover1644KEWL....I AGREE WITH DARK INU LOVER I HATE KIKYO, BUT THIS IS PRETTY GOOD. *favs*

zelda41 on October 7, 2005, 11:18:18 AM

zelda41 on
zelda41oh and do not listen to anime chick shes just mad that its about kikyo and not that brat kagoommee u did well as it is and do not make inuyasha fall 4 kagome

zelda41 on October 7, 2005, 11:13:12 AM

zelda41 on
zelda41also i agree with haloSorceress
so beutiful

zelda41 on October 7, 2005, 11:11:19 AM

zelda41 on
zelda41awww i m getting teary eyed this is so beutiful i love it (LOVE kikyo too) inuyasha loves her so much and i can tell u put your haert and soul into this story I LOVE IT SO MUCH I AM SO PUTTING THIS ON FAVS I LOVE YOUR STORY I LOVE IT it is beutiful "snif snif" (runs off sobbing)

dark_inu_lover on September 19, 2005, 5:51:57 AM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_loversorry that i say this but: I HATE THIS STORY AND YOUR MIND!!!! soryy but i just hate kikyo so mutch i am in love wtih the inuXkag copple but ther is nothing wrong with you
:)

HaloSorceress on September 8, 2004, 8:57:55 AM

HaloSorceress on
HaloSorceress*tears fall down face* stands up and claps *cries* that was sooooo beautiful i am such a big Kikyo fan and.....*wipes tears off her eyes* that just made me cry over and over it was like Romeo and Juliet anime version....only Inuyasha is hot and Leonardo Dicaprio is Fugly LMAO

anime_chick on May 29, 2004, 4:44:14 AM

anime_chick on
anime_chickYAAH I'M THE FIRST ONE TO COMMENT!this story pretty good even if it has kikyo>.< but write more lik after this inuyasha goes to see his friends.lik sango,miroku,and kagome.but in this time u based the storytime in. and make it that he starts falling for kagome and she starts falling for him. but just PLEZ WRITE MORE!! P.S. I TAKE REQUESTS!