Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Good Morning, Doom Partol

In an alternate dimension two sets of supers roam the steets of jump city. There are the Titans and group of orphans called the doom partol. POV2

Chapter 1 - Good Morning, Doom Partol

Chapter 1 - Good Morning, Doom Partol
Ok This is chapter one of a collaboration that I’m doing with Greg. Its basically the same story from two different points of view. My point of view is better. Lol. It has the titans in it but you have to pretend that none of the episodes you’ve ever watched ever happened. Ok, here goes.



“Despertarse, senorita phantasma!�
“Eso es casi mediodai!�
“Leave her alone. You know she’s a heavy sleeper, all you’re doing is waking me up.�
Shadow opened one eye to see two of her friends standing at her bed side peering directly into her face. “Buenos dias, ustedes....�
“Ella es despierto!� they both yelled happily. Then one added “sobre hora.�
Shadow rolled over and covered her head with her pillow. “Cinco mas acta. Ir fastidiar Cyborg.�
The pair reluctantly left the room. “Good morning,� said a voice from before with a yawn.
“Morning...� she replied groggily and turned over so she was facing him. The green changeling smiled at her. They didn’t have much room so they usually shared a bed. They had know each other for a long time.
“Did you get any sleep?� He asked as she began to stir. She stretched and then pulled the covers over her head.
“No,� she answered simply and curled up into a ball. He reached under the covers and scratched behind her catlike ear. She purred.
“We better get up before Cy kicks Mas y Menos out of the doom patrol.� They both laughed and Beast Boy got out of bed, found jeans and a long sleeved shirt for himself and threw Shadow’s clothes on the bed at her feet. She looked out from under the covers. She looked around the room, It was bare except for the bed she was in, another bed that didn’t match it, a hammock, and bunk beds. All of the furniture was different styles and the bed spreads clashed. There was a dresser which contained every ones clothes. Thin curtains covered the large window on one of the bare walls. She finally got up the floor was cold beneath her feet. She quickly changed into her jeans and a tee shirt and then began to dig through one of the draws in the dresser. She found an over shirt and slid it on but didn’t button it. She put on old dirty sneakers which had been under the bed.
She emerged from the room just after Beast Boy. She joined her friends at the table. That room was messy and bare too. They had a old couch and a tv in the living room. In the half of the room that was used as a kitchen there was a table with marks on the top and an old fridge and stove and a sink.
“Is that my shirt?� A voice said from behind her.
With out looking back she answered “Yes.�
“Why do you always do that?� Aqualad said and seated him self next to her.
“Do you really mind so much?� she asked looking at him. He was wearing a shirt similar to the one she had taken and jeans.
“Nah,� he said.
“He shouldn’t mind.... Those are my shoes he has on.� Beast Boy interjected. The three of them laughed.
Cyborg appeared at the table with a plate of sandwiches and Mas y Menos trailing close behind him. Mas y Menos quickly moved Aqualad over and sat next to Shadow. Cyborg put the sandwiches down and sat on the other side of Beast Boy.
Everyone grabbed their favorite type of sandwich. Mas got jelly and Menos got peanut butter. Shadow grabbed pepper turkey. Beast Boy got a grilled cheese, Cy got ham, and Aqulad got one with lettuce and roast beef.
Aqualad looked across the table at Shadow. “So... why don’t you bunk up with me tonight?� he asked and raised an eyebrow.
Shadow opened her mouth to answer but Mas y Menos beat her to it. They began to ramble in unison. Shadow could only make out a few words because they were mixing Spanish a bit of English and their own form of gibberish. The main topic seemed to be “what girl would want to be near a fish breathed jerk like that�.
“Shut up you little twirps!� Aqualad shouted still not understanding them but hearing their tone.
“All of you shut up!� Cy yelled. The table was engulfed in the four arguing voices. In the confusion Beast Boy tugged on Shadow’s tail to get her attention. They snuck away from the table and found their way into the rafters.
They always ran to the rafters because they were the only two who could get up there. They had all of their secret things stored up there. Photos, books, Shadow’s sketch pad, and trinkets. Shadow sat on one of the pillows that were in the corner or the rafters. Beast Boy sat across from her. They could still hear the arguing below them.
“I don’t know how we manage to live together....� he shook his head “I can barely stand to be on the same team with all of them.�
“We aren’t just a team, Gar. You guys are the only family I ever had. Without you who knows where I’d be.� She said smiling. When they had found each other they were both living on the streets. They roamed through town together for a long time, together. Then one rainy night they came across the warehouse and Cyborg and Aqualad. Cyborg became the leader, taking care of all of the younger children. After that Shadow and Beast Boy stumbled across Mas y Menos. Apparently they had ran away from an orphanage. Shadow found this out being she was the only one who could speak Spanish. Every one was shocked when she began to speak to the twins for the first time. When Beast Boy had joked “I didn’t know you knew Spanish.� She simply replied “neither did I.� She didn’t remember any of her past. She could only remember back up until the day before she met Beast Boy. Every thing else was blank. She was always surprising her friends by knowing obscure facts and references and coming up with skills that she didn’t know she had.
They were a strange family but a family none the less. Shadow curled up on the pillow and dozed off. She never got much sleep at night. She was an insomniac. Beast boy turned into a cat and climbed down from the rafters. When he reached the kitchen only Cy was there. He could hear the others watching T.V. in the living room area.
“Where’s Ghost Girl?� Cy asked using his nick name for Shadow.
“Taking a cat nap.� Beast Boy replied and helped to clean up.
The rest of the day went on normally. When Shadow woke up she was forced into a game of monopoly with her room mates. When they had finished their game, Menos winning, She retreated to the bed room. She emerged a minute later and headed to the door, invisable. Cy was the only one who noticed her leaving. He had heat vision. He snuck away from the group and caught her on her way out.
“Where do you think you’re going?� he asked sounding very much like a worried parent.
“Out.� she mumbled.
“Out where?�
“For a walk.�
“Then you won’t be needing this....� Cyborg pulled Shadows mask from her pocket.
“Give that back!� she became visible and began to teleport around Cy attempting to get her mask. Mas y Menos joined in thinking it was a game. Mas grabbed the mask but before he could celebrate his victory Shadow snatched the mask and pulled it on.
“Are we going out tonight?� Aqualad asked.
“I was going out....� Shadow said reluctantly.
“Now we are.� Beast Boy corrected.
“What if you run into the Teen Titans?� Cy said acting as though they were very dangerous.
“Those goody two shoes wouldn’t know what hit um!� Shadow said her eyes narrowing and her ears down “You know I could get away from them in an instant.�
“Still it would be dangerous for a girl to roam the streets this late at night all alone.� Aqualad added to join the conversation.
“Lets get changed and we can all go.� Cyborg said almost like an order.
“

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment