Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Kalines arrival continued

Vampires often use human slaves for blood in this realm. One slave has always stood out from the rest, her name is Kaline. When vampire prince recieves her as a gift from his father then the trouble truely begins.

Chapter 2 - Kalines arrival continued

Chapter 2 - Kalines arrival continued


Kaline's horse raised its head so it was even with mine. It snorted. I jerked my head back, the snort was really unexpected.

Kaline patted the horses large head and whispered something into its ear. The horse nickered in reply.

“Stop talking to that stupid horse, you little whore!” the slave owner snapped. The only response that Kaline gave in reply was an evil grin, and a warning “Call me a whore again, and I will show what happened to the rest of my owners.”

That brought laughter from the whole great hall, although I didn't laugh. The loudest being the slave owner, who retorted “You stupid wench, we took every weapon you owned. So be a good, silent whore, and MAYBE, just maybe, your master will be kind to you.” He laughed again, a deep evil laugh that made even me want to kill him.

How dare anyone talk to a person that way! Even though she is a slave, that doesn't mean that he can say those kinds of things to her, I thought, rage building up like a fire inside me.

Not even two seconds after he said that was he lying on the ground with a bloody dagger protruding from his large throat, while he lay there, gurgling and gasping for air.

I looked at Kaline, she had a satisfied smile on her face, but her eyes showed sorrow, as if killing him would do nothing for her troubles.

My father saved us all by saying, “Son, why don't you show Kaline to her room?” Although he said this calmly I could sense him panicking inside, I know I was. Everybody probably was, anyone who can through a dagger, in chains, and in less than two seconds, and make a fatal blow, was dangerous as hell.

I nodded, rose from my seat and went to Kaline's horse. I put my hand out to help her off her horse. It was an odd thing for a slave owner to do, but I really didn't like the idea of slaves in the first place. She refused my offer by jumping down next to me.

I handed the horse's reigns to a servant, thanked him, and led Kaline away.

***

The walk down the halls was eerily silent. I looked at Kaline, at first she met my eyes, but then turned away.

I stopped. Kaline looked at me, puzzled. “Kaline, just so you don't hate me, well hate me more than you apparently do, just know, I do not approve of slaves. I will always look at you as an equal. So do you think we might actually be friends?”

That got a small smile out of her. She nodded and said, “Someday. I'm not like you though, so it will be hard.” The smile was replaced by a look of misery. She shivered. It was cold out, so I removed my jacket and draped it over her small, slender shoulders. She grabbed the jacket and pulled it tightly around herself.

“Thank you, it's been a long time since I met anyone who showed any compassion for others,” she said with a smile. I grinned, I made her smile. From the sound of it she hadn't smile or had any reason to smile, for a long time.

I led her towards my room. Her room was right off of my suite.

“Where are we going?” she asked puzzled.

I looked at her, “Your room is connected to mine. Don't ask why, but that's how it has always been.”

“Alright, lead away, Milord,” she said in a sarcastic tone. She then laughed a bit. I only smiled and shook my head.

We arrived at my room, and I led her through it to the door on the other side. My room was simple, especially considering that I was royalty.





*Sorry for ending in a bad place, more coming soon.*

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SilverKitsune on December 27, 2006, 1:19:46 AM

SilverKitsune on
SilverKitsuneI sense rape and then love D:

kittymobile on February 1, 2006, 1:24:28 AM

kittymobile on
kittymobilei like this story, it's short but really detailed and imagery is conjured up. well done:) please can you tell me when you've wrote more and if you've got time could you please read my story?
holly.

theWriter on December 1, 2005, 7:42:28 AM

theWriter on
theWriterI think you're stopping in bad places to keep us glued to it!
How cruel, but at the same time, clever...Oughta try that sometime.
Nice. I like the plot. The voice is good.

dannyrog on July 22, 2005, 4:07:01 AM

dannyrog on
dannyrogit's realy good. most vampire fic's are set in L.A (i dont know why) even mine, but this puts origanal idea's into it. Keep up the great work, cant wait for next part.

Amourwolf on July 21, 2005, 2:36:39 PM

Amourwolf on
Amourwolfawesome story ,cant wait for more !*faves*

fallen_pixie on July 21, 2005, 2:32:03 AM

fallen_pixie on
fallen_pixiei like the story so far it really good!

please tell me when u write more

evil_pixie on July 10, 2005, 5:37:04 AM

evil_pixie on
evil_pixiethis is really well written and the ending isn't in a bad place hehe=^.^= keep writing

Chicci on July 2, 2005, 8:25:38 PM

Chicci on
ChicciCool.