Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - How her parents met

Story of Adviva is about a mutant girl namned Adviva and how she comes to Earth and of her adventures. The first chapters is about the planet Called Turnus and her parents, the rest is about her.

Chapter 2 - How her parents met

Chapter 2 - How her parents met
Story of Adviva
How her parents met.

Aviva
The first day in highschool, a new class, new people. How shall I be able to make new friends? Friends who don’t care about me being the mayors daughter? She thought as she was standing outside the shcool gate. She raised her hand to put her too long blue bangs behind her ear. As she stood there wondering if she dared to enter, she could hear the sound from someone running, a sound that got closer. As she was about to step aside, the one who was running ran in to her and they both fell over. Somehow she landed on top of him as they had turned 180 degrees in the fall.
“Are you ok?” she asked as she got off him.
“Sorry, shoot! I’m going to be late, sorry” he half said, half yelled as he got upp and ran inside, whitout answering her question. She got up and stood there looking after him.
Atleest he didn’t seem to recognise me, she thought relived. She saw how he ran around a corner almost slipping on the floor. She put her bangs behind her ears again, fixed her skirt, collected all the courage she had and walked trough the glass-doors.

One hour later when she had visit the guidance officer, she stood outside a classroom. She picked up a note from her pocket and checked that the classroom was right, it was the same numbers. She knocked on the door and walked in. The classroom was full of students and a female teacher. Everyones heads turned and they looked at her.
Please don’t recognize me, please, the girl thought.
“You must be the new student, please introuduce yourself and then have a seat.” The teacher said with a nice voice.
“I am...” why am I this nervous? “My name is Aviva, Igottransferredtothisschoolbecause Ijustmovedtothisarea andmylasthomegotattackedbymutants andmyfatherthoughtthatitwouldbesaferformehere andIreallycan’tskipschool and.....” Aviva stopped talking when she realized that she had talked way to low and fast and that most of her new classmates had stopped listening after her name. Aviva looked around after an empty seat but saw the boy that ran into her earlier. He looked at her with sadness in his eyes, as he knew what she was talking about. She saw that the seat next to him was empty but the sadness frigthened her a little soo she keept on looking. Unfortunatly she didn’t find one soo she had no choice but to sit next to him. She walked over to the seat and sat down.
“Hi” Aviva said shyly.
“Hey, your the girl from this morning, sorry” he answered and the sadness was gone, as it never was there from the beginning, “You didn’t hurt yourself, did you?”
“No, I’m fine, but what about you? You was the one who landed on the stonestair.”
“Nah, its alright, I’m fine. I’m Nick by the way, nice to meet you.” He answeres and changed the subject. “You think you gonna’ survive trough the midterm tests?”
“Maybe..., if I study a little it probably would be alright.”
“But i meant, you must have a lot to do, you know gettin’ everything in order at your new place, gettin’ new friends, locate your old friends?”
“It’s ok, I’ll make it. But I must ask you something, Do you recognize me?” Her voice revealed that she was worried about it.
“Ofcourse I do” he answered with a smile. Her eyes got bigger. “I ran into you this morning, sorry about that, I was late for class.”
Aviva let out a long deep breth out of releave. “So you don’t know who I am?” she asked just to be sure.
“Ofcourse I do, you are Aviva” he said and smiled. “Or am I supposed to know something else about you, like something from your past? You’re not a mutant that has been on the news recently or just a simple murderer?” Nick asked with a smile that showed that he was just teasing her a bit. Aviva started to look frightned since she just heared the words and don’t saw the smile.
“But don’t worry,” he continued, “most of us students on this school hides something from thier past and nearly everyone respects that. There is no need to worry.” Aviva looked at him and said; “Thank you, but what class is it, what are we working with?”
“Well...” he only had the time to start saying before a blond long haired girl interrupted by saying;
“If you wan’t to get something done in school don’t hang around him, he’s always late, never pays attention in class and there is a rumor that says that he is repeating this year.”
Nick let out a big smile when Aviva gave him an questioning look.
“They have no proof” he said.
“Anyway, I’m Britney and the girls and I would love to talk to you a bit on the break” the blond girls said ignoring Nick. Britney was about to say something but the teacher announced that the class was over. All the students started to get out of the classroom and Nick whispered; “Now you are bound to the bimbo-side, good luck avoiding rumors now” to Aviva and he dissappeared out of the classroom. Aviva stood there looking after him wondering what he meant but it didn’t take long before Britney draged her away.

It didn’t take long before Aviva realised that Nick was right, but by telling lies about others she kept them from finding out the truth about her. But as time went by she started to think that his wild short red hair looked good on him, that his green eyes was full of life and she also found out that there was more than one rumor about him, and that everyone that asked him about the rumors always got diffirent answers. It was like Nick enjoyed fooling everyone and one thing become clear. He had a big secret. Every time she tried to talk to him he got away or Britney or one of her friends started to talk to her. She had no choice but to watch him from distance and she noticed that he often was alone but melted in with the others, he was unpopular but liked. He dared to what noone other did, to tell the truth. That was what made him unpopular. At last she decided to seek him out after school and one day she got her chance.

Nick
The schoolday was finnaly over and Nick started to walk the long way to the place he called home. After just a cuople of minutes walking he noticed someone following him. He didn’t get to worried about it and decided to make it to a game. A game that probably would take pretty long time and that only he could win. Instead of going straight home he choosed the ‘wrong’ way so it would take even longer just to see how serious the one stalking him was. After half an hour the one that followed him still hadn’t given up. Nick decided to end this, he started to get hungry and it would take atleast another hour before he was home unless he could find a bus. He started walking towards a rarely visited area to confront his stalker. Whoever it was, the person in question wasn’t a good stalker. Even though he never had got a real look on the person he had heard the same footsteps for a long time, and he felt as someone was shadowing him, a present that wouldn’t go away. There it was, the perfect place. Next to an abandoned fotballplan.
He turned around and faced the one who was stalkimg him. The truth nearly shocked him. He just couldn’t belive it. He started to smile as he watched the person get more and more nervous because he had detected her. He was really surprised that she had the guts to follow him.
“Aviva, Aviva.., I could never have thought that you of all people would have the guts to stalk me, less endure it.” Nick had a problem not laughing but he continued. “Guess I was right. You weren’t such a normal person as you seemed.” Aviva started look more serious and said;
“You of all people shouldn’t judge me, you are hiding something to. I don’t know what it is but you are hiding something and it is serious.” She started to look a bit frustrated for him picking on her when she just wanted to talk to him.
“Ofcourse I am hiding something, if hadn’t a secret i would have said so and up til now only 3 persons have knowed about it and that won’t change. So what exactly do you want miss ‘I want to aviod rumors?” he asked her. He crossed his arms over his chest and took a confident pose and watched how she got insecure.
”You have no right to judge me” she said slowly.
“I ain’t” he answered and smiled. “I’m just asking you out of curiosity, beacause when i met you at first you seemed like someone who could think of their own and wasn’t shallow. I might have been wrong though.”
“No... you aren’t. It is only what I pretend to be. Lies are among the best of protections, especially when they work together.” She said with a bit sad voice.
They both heard a sound of someone coming and Nick took an quick action and moved up next to her.
“If it is the police, pretend we are a couple that just wanted to snek away awhile. If it is normal people says whatever you want. If it is mutants, leave it to me” he whispered in her ear with a very serious tone in his voice. She looked at him with big questioning eyes. He had stopped smiling and she saw that there was a sign of fear in them. “It will be ok, don’t worry” he continued as he was watching the bend where the person would show up very soon.
“Why?” she whispered.
“Well, lets just say that this is a restricted area,” he whispered back. They suddenly heard two male voices from behind and the person that they heard coming walked around the bend.
“Nick, what a surprise! Never thought you would show up here.” One of the guys said. “Crap! Why does it have to be him? Nick thought and started to turn around slowly.
“Decided to be honest for once and accept your power and come back to our side?” the guy continued. Nick turns around completly and faced the guy who was speaking.
“Mikeal, you still belive that i don’t know what I’m doing?” Nick asked him and started to look almost fearless.
“Do you know these guys?” Aviva whispered to Nick.
“Long story” he answered.
“But Nick, I don’t belive anything, don’t you know that? Oh, how rude of me. I didn’t notice you had company. Is she one of us or... human?” Mikael asked and really accentuated human whit hate. Aviva started to look afraid of all of them.
“You are mutants?” she asked and looked terrified.
“So you are a human, Well, now that we know that we can’t let you go. I’m afraid we’ll have to kill you.” Mikael said icecold and got an insane glare in his eyes.
“Aren’t you the mayors daughter, the one we failed to kill last time?” the one beside Mikael asked.
“You’re right” the third guy said and started to load a boll of fire in his hand. He launched it at her but Nick moved in between and took the hit. It smelled like something was burned and Aviva expected Nick to drop down dead any second but he stood tall. He didn’t move at all. Mikael started to make an ball of ice which he throwed at Aviva, but again Nick moved in between and took the hit.
“Aviva, run” he said calmly. Aviva didn’t hesitate and ran away from that place the fastest she could. Nick started to fight with them seriuosly when she was out of the way, just to make sure that she got away.

Aviva
It was the day after she found out what Nick was hiding and he found out about her secret.
Damn all this! Why did I have to follow him? Is he ok? No, I shouldn’t hope he is ok, he’s a god damned mutant. But he protected me... And they didn’t seem to be friends. Is he going to try to kill me? Or is he going to tell the others?

“Aviva, is anything wrong? You look worried,” Britney asked her.

“What? No, I’m fine” Aviva answered distracted.
“Are you sure?” Britney asked.
“Yes.”
Aviva started to look after Nick but he hadn’t show up yet and the class was about to start. The minutes went by and the class started. She really couldn’t concentrate on what the teacher was talking about. After 30 minutes the door opened up and Nick walked in. There was no sign of the fight from yesterday, not even a scratch.
“Sorry I’m late” he said and smiled as everyone stared at him. He sneaked by all the students along a wall to the end of the classroom and sat down at an empty seat. Aviva turned her head and looked at him questioning. He smiled back and maked a discreet thumb up. The class ended 30 minutes later and he gave her a note when he walked by her on his way out of the classroom. She maked sure no one had seen it and read it when she was alone later. It’s said:
“We need to talk, meet me after school at the schools backintrance. //Nick.”
I’ve been thinking bout this all day and the others are really getting suspicious, they keep on saying that it isn’t like me to be this thoughtful but then they don’t know what happened yesterday either. Sigh, I don’t want to belive that he is a mutant, but then again... I don’t really know what happened last night... But he is to nice to be a mutant, he is not like they described them, not as those we met. Guess I should ask him, it’s the only way to find out.



Nick
School ended for like 45 freaking minutes ago... Either she is very slow of saying godbye or she’s not coming. But she seemed really worried about somethin, probably about what happened yesterday, I’ll wait a little longer. Nick only had to wait for 5 more minutes before she showed up, looking over her shoulder as she suspected someone to follow her.
“Comon’ lets walk as we talk... I’ll notice if someone follows” Nick said and started to walk. He looked really calm, as there was no prolems in his world. Aviva looked over her shoulder once more and followed him. She was about to try to say something when he got to it first.
“I am a mutant, and that is what I was hiding from everyone. Now you know it, that makes it up to you if you goig to turn me in,” still calm but he had a sad tone in his voice.
“You can’t be one, you can’t. You’re nothing like them, they are cruel, evil...”Aviva said before Nick interuppted saying,
“Fearless, they hate humans and takes every chance they have to kill one, they care about none but themselfs. Don’t you think I know that? It doesn’t take 1 day before someone says that and they can’t even imagine how wrong they are. Just because we are mutants doesn’t mean that we can’t feel anything, we are despite what everyone says still humans. Evolved but humans. Everything they say we are is something humans always has been.” Nick sounded a bit angry. “So what will you do? Sentence me to a life as an experiment?” he asked her. “I... I...” she seemed scared but confused for him admitting being a mutant but not trying to hurt her.
“Can you please make a decision so I know what lies ahead of me. Are you going to fullfill your duty as a human, the duty of the mayors daughter or do what you want? I need to know if things are going back to what they once was or if it will be as it is,” he said with louching shoulders and sad eyes. Nick stoped and looked at her with an face saying: please don’t tell anyone.
“I don’t know!” she almost shouted at him. “You are a mutant, but not acting like one. Why?” she asked more calm.
“Because I don’t want to. I just want to live a normal life, whitout having to worry about people trying to kill me, not that they would succed but still. I just want to... be me. Not someone people expects me to be. You know what I mean, you are trying it to.” He had the sad eyes she saw in the classroom that first day, they were full with pain and sorrow and Aviva started to realize that what she had gone trough was nothing compared to what he had gone trough. She has been protected from all dangerous things, gotten everything she wanted but he has lived his life in fear ever since he found out that he is a mutant, afraid of being discovered, marked and captured. He started to walk again and after a few moments Aviva followed.
“I don’t know what you will do now that you know that I’m a mutant but atleast you can relax. I won’t tell anyone about your secret and if I did they probably wouldn’t belive me.” He said smiling as he had no problems again. It was almost as his smile was a shield against the things that could harm him.
“What kind of mutant are you?” she asked with fear in her voice.
“One that wished he wasn’t one, if I wasn’t things would be easier. I wouldn’t have to pretend not being one. One that is proud of being a mutant, proud of having this power to heal my wounds. One that don’t see the point of hurting someone else. That is what I am. No use in battle either when I choose to not fight and because of my power I don’t have to care about threats either. One that cares more about others than himself, so as I said; it is up to you what happens to me. It’s your choice,” he answered, still smiling and looking at her.
“But how can you leave it up to me? I mean, if i tell the police your life is ruined.”
“It’s the result since I decided to not join the other mutants in the war or not to hurt you and I don’t think you’re going to turn me in since you agreed to talk to me and I didn’t get any visitors last night.”
“Well, maybe you’re right... after all, you saved me yesterday. What happened to the others?”
“The other mutants? I kicked their @$$ ofcourse. If I hadn’t they probably would’ve beated me until I got unconsious and then tried to force me to join their side.”
Aviva got big eyes and asked: “Are you a good fighter?”
“Well, I’m good enough to not get beaten every time. How come?”
“Nothing” she answered a bit to quickly.
“Yeah... right.., but how you going to do?”
“Well... you did save me... and you seem like a good person. It wouldn’t be right if I turned you in, you might be a mutant but you are to nice to be classed as one. So I guess I won’t tell anyone.”
When Nick heard that his smile got even bigger.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
She thought about it a second or two and then answered; “Yes.”
Nick actually looked happy instead of just smiling when he heard that.

As they continued to talk they discovered that they got along pretty well and that they somehow could relax when it came to talk about sensitive things since they both knew eachothers biggest secrets. They started to talk in school and Avivas so called friends started to spread out rumors about her. The first rumor Aviva heard about her was when she was with Nick. Like a reflex Nick confirmed it and added a lot of things so that everyone ended up confused, it made her laugh and she truly understood how effective the method was if you did it for every rumor. It ended up being to much and impossible. It didn’t take long before Aviva and Nick always was together in school and a couple of months later even after school. After a year they started dating and nothing could get to them. But then Avivas father heard about Nick and wanted to know everything about him. The mayor asked Aviva at first but she didn’t say much about him so he decided to hire some detectives. It didn’t make things clearer because they found out nothing about Nick. It was like he didn’t excist. To make things worse Aviva got pragnent before the final exsams the last year in school. She only told Nick and they decided to finish scool and then leave town. They both knew that there was a high risk that the child would be a mutant and they decided to cut all contact with others. They left without a sign. As the time passed by Aviva gave birth to the child. At once they knew that the child was a mutant. The child only had three fingers on each hand and two toes on each foot. The feet was a little longer than nomal and she had a tail. Her skin, hair and eyes where all purple but in diffirent shades. There where no doubt she was a mutant. They decided to name her Adviva and to protect her they agreed to steal portal opener. A controller that could open a portal to another dimension. There was only problem, the one that was easiest to get Avivas father contained and to get it, Nick needed help. Help from other mutants, something they tried to avoid. Nick knew that he had no other choice so he seeked out a small group of mutants that had specialised in theft. Finding them was hard since they tried even harder than Nick and Aviva to hide themselfs. To just find them took an year. After 2 years he had gained the organisations thrust and yet he wasn’t in a position to leave a suggestion of a target. That took another 2 years to get to that place. For every mission he accepted the risk of getting caught increased but he knew that it where their only chance of getting of the planet. Adviva was now five years old and she had proofed that she was a mutant in more ways than just her apperance, she had the power to heal herself and sometimes she turned in to a little kitten. Nick now felt that he needed to take a chance since mutants started to show up at their home sometimes and not everyone had good intentions. Nick left the suggestion of stealing the portal opener with the reasons that it would be a great loss for the humans and if it got to bad, they could leave the planet. The group liked the idea and they started to plan the break in. To form a good plan with almost no flaws was difficult and it took a year. Adviva was now six years old and she started to show more of her powers. She was able to teleport when she was about to hit something or get hit. She had no control of it which worried her parents alot. To their relief she never teleported far from where she was.
The night when they had planned to steal the control arrived and they finished it succesfully. They all agreed that Nick could have it until they found a better place to put it at, after all it was his idea from the beginning. It fitted him perfect. He went home and he telled Aviva of the succes. They both where overwelmed of joy and decided to leave the next day. What they didn’t know was that the group had spied on them and found out about their plan. They decided to sell them out to the police and before the police showed up to take the portal opener, after all they had spent a lot of time of trying to get it. One of them left and the others waited for Aviva and Nick to fall asleep.
After an hour or so all three of them were asleep and the theifs were getting ready to enter but a guy showed up outside the cabin and runned to it. Before he entered he sighed. They decided to hide and wait for him to dissapear.
When the guy once was inside the cabin he saw Adviva. He raised his hand and a blue mist got inside and removed the quilt and he stared at her. The mist was now all over their bodies, both the girl and her parents, and they inhaled the mist.
“Keep sleep, Sleeping beauty” he said.
He put his hand around Advivas back and put her on his shoulder. On his way out he saw the control and emediatly realised what it was. He took it and said:
“Ah, finally! I really need one of those, dimensional teleporting is very though for my body.”
He went outside and checked that no one had seen what just took place. He didn’t find a soul.
“Very good. One done, one more to go” he said and teleported away from there.
The theifs got back and entered, not sure of what had happened. They where worried since both the chid and the portal opener was gone. They heard a car coming and left, leaving no sign of them ever being there.
The car stopped outside the cabin and not long after a truck stopped right behind it. Out of the cars a special unit came, moving up to cabin, surrounding it. They moved in, quietly. They found Nick and Aviva, sleeping. They woke them up and arrested them for terrorism of first degree, hiding and being a mutant. Both Nick and Aviva weren’t really aware of what was happening since they just woke up. Before they were taken out of the house they realised that Adviva wasn’t there.
“What have you done to my daughter?” Aviva yelled at them.
They look confused and started looking in and around the house after a child. Nick and Aviva looked a bit reliefed over that Adviva wasn’t there. They were taken to the truck and the car drived away, out of the forest.

No one really know what happened to Nick and Adviva. It was like they just stopped excisting and Adviva, what happened to her is the main story.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment