Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Ghosts

Inspired by KoRn's "Alone I Break." Azura is mine. Back off. *psycho growl* The mildy mature content is very mild.
~~~

Azura doesn't know where she belongs.

Chapter 2 - Ghosts

Chapter 2 - Ghosts
Disclaimer: Same as the other chapter. The song this chapter is Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. I am referring to the softer version of it; the one with piano and such.
~~~~~~

Something's getting in the way
Something's just about to break
I will try to find my place in the diary of Jane
So tell me how it should be


Khalen always made her angry. He never blew his stern look, his cool composure, and he just... He just pissed her off. The fact he'd once called her cute was bad enough. Sure, he was good looking, muscular in the acrobatic sense, and his eyes sometimes looked warmer than normal, but..

Azura mentally kicked herself in the head. He's a demon, get a grip. Dad would kill you. "Why are you here?" She walked over to the balcony window, looking out at the rain. It smeared against the thick glass, hammering against the marble balcony outside. She loved the rain.

"I already told you, love." He smirked when he saw her flinch at the word. "I'm checking on you. I haven't seen you since your father kicked my @$$, and I was curious as to whether or not you were getting along okay. I can already tell you aren't."

"I'm doing fine, thank you." Her voice was sharp as she spoke.

"Then why do you let yourself be kicked around by that stupid slut at the... collage?" He frowned; she had proved too many times she was stronger than a human.

"College. And it's because I could easily kill her."

"Then do so." He shrugged nonchalantly and stood up, taking a few steps forward as he slowly turned around, looking at the large room. Two tattoos on his back stood out on his pale skin; they were black wings. Sometimes, in the right light, they looked... a little too real.

"I'm in the human world. I can't. That's why I deal with being hit and kicked. It's better than knowing you killed someone."

"You killed demo-"

"Killing humans is different to me because the normal ones are utterly defenseless." She snarled quietly under her breath. She hated it when he did that. "Get out and don't come back, crow demon."

There was no response. Well, no verbal response, anyway; his arms wrapped around her waist, his nose in her hair as he closed his eyes. "Why should I go?" he asked softly, dangerously. There was something else in his voice; it sent a faint shiver down her spine, and she both loved and hated it.

"Because... I... don't..." She closed her eyes as his lips brushed against her neck. He was making it hard for her to think; it was a delicious feeling but at the same time it pissed her off. "Let me.. go..." Her eyes drifted shut as he kissed her neck softly, brushing her hair out of his way, and her head tilted to one side, a quiet sigh escaping her lips. Her hands weakly pushed his away as he reached for the tie on her robe, and she almost whimpered as he stopped the kisses on her neck.

The second Azura felt Khalen's lips lightly touch her ear, she thought she'd melt, and she parted her lips in a soft, inaudible moan, as he whispered roughly, "I'm never letting you go... You're mine." She wasn't quite sure what he did, but... Wait a second, did he lick under her ear?

Her knees almost buckled, and she had to hook her arm behind his neck to keep from falling down. "K-Khalen, you b-bastard..." He chuckled lightly, turning her around and circling his arms around her waist.

"Such dirty language from such a young lady." She wanted to slap the smirk off his face, but she couldn't. She felt his hand slowly creep up her back to her neck, sending soft shivers through her slender frame, and she pressed her face against his bare, slightly damp-from-rain chest as he toyed with her hair lightly.

She felt his fingers press gently against a spot on the back of her neck, then felt his thumb smash against a spot under her ear, then he applied similar pressure to both spots. She fell limp, the shock of pain knocking her out. He picked her up in his arms, looking at her slightly pained, somewhat surprised face. He sighed, and, after pulling the covers back, rested her on her bed, tucking the sheets and blanket around her form gently. As he started to move away, a slender hand grabbed his wrist, and a sleep-logged voice mumbled, almost incoherently, "P-Please stay... don't... wanna.. be 'lone..."

He rubbed his eyes with his free hand, sighing, and laid next to her, above the covers, and hesitantly rested an arm over her waist. She snuggled backward against him, making him blink, and he gently, soothingly rubbed her stomach, hoping it would lull her to sleep. She closed her indigo eyes, her breathing soft as she fell into a deep slumber. He could have fallen asleep himself, but he didn't want to get Azu- He mentally corrected himself. He didn't want to get himself in trouble. Slowly, he got up off the bed and slid out the balcony door, walking over to the railing and jumping off. He landed on the soft grass below, and he stared up at the sky, rain pelting his face. His hair was entirely out of its spiked mohawk, and some strands fell into his cold blue eyes.

I can't fall in love, especially not with her.

-----------------------------------

The dark hallways always made him a little uneasy. The few torches along the stone walls made the shadows look like ghosts, and he had enough of those bothering his past. He sighed, resting a hand against the wall, feeling for something. His fingers brushed an odd indent in the wall, which he pressed, and the wall slid to one side, revealing a door which opened silently.

The room beyond was unlit. Chains could be heard rattling against the rough limestone, and faint, rasping breaths faintly hit his ears. He snapped his fingers, and numerous torches sparked to life, their flames quivering and crackling in the scones. As Khalen walked across the scorchmarked floor, his books making dull thuds against the brickwork, small clouds of soot came up with each step.

A limp form rested against the far wall, arms bound by thick, heavy iron shackles. Scars marred his skin, the newer fleshwounds still glistening a little with blood.

"Have you given up yet, Cadric? There's no more point in resisting any longer. Your army is gone. Lucifer is again confined to Hell. And you..." He pulled a gun out of its holster on his side and shoved it under the man's chin, making him look up. "... are nothing more than a useless plaything to me. You don't even scream when I shoot you. I could kick you where it hurts with those baseball cleats the humans wear, and you wouldn't so much as flinch." He smirked. "All because you lost everything..."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

InternalDemons on July 27, 2007, 11:53:18 AM

InternalDemons on
InternalDemonsooo, intrigue. why did he knock her out? and who is this mysterious cadric? what has he lost? lol. please write more. don't leave me hanging!