Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Features, Accesories and Online

Ok now I'm being downright honest about the Wii.

Chapter 2 - Features, Accesories and Online

Chapter 2 - Features, Accesories and Online
Holy crap, I wonder how many channels the Wii is going to have?Well here's what they are and a short overview of the one's I currently am using... Mii Channel-My favorite channel. Basicially a avatar channel plus they are avalible to use in games which include Wii Sports, Mario Party 8, Mario and Sonic Olympics, and WarioWare. Sadly, there isn't too much you can try fitting on your Mii. These are used as avatars for messaging to other Wiis and some games, such as Smash Bros Brawl and Madden 08. Internet Channel (Costs $5)- I'm pretty glad I got this. Now my sister and I don't argue over who gets the internet as much anymore. The speed is suprisingly decent, but it probably depends on what internet speed you have. You can do most normal things that are possible on a computer. Most websites I use like YouTube, FAC, IGN, and GoNintendo, all work fine. Things I've noticed so far you can't do are watch live-video, and downloading games or music. So if you don't like to share, this is the channel for you! Photo Channel- One of the best channels I think. You can look at photos or watch videos from your SD card. Quality is pretty good. You can make slideshows and you can choose the speed, music, and order. There's actually a puzzle game that you can try to put pieces together of a pcture. Also you can draw on your photos, even videos, using a marker and you can choose a variety of colors. Plus you can stamp some things like sunglasses and stars, and then you can send the edited pic to a friend! Weather Channel- mainly gives you the current conditions, evening, next day, and 5-day forecasts at where you live and ONLY anywhere else in your country. You can also get forecast around the world by using a Google-Earth like map. Nintendo Channel( downloadable for FREE )- This channel is pretty much a promotional channel. You can watch at least 50 videos right now, and you can download DS demos, so you won't have to go the store. News Channel- gives LOTS of news that is happening. You can get national, international, buisness, entertainment, tech, health, and sports news! And it's always up to date. Shopping channel- probably the most revolutionized channel on the Wii so far. You can download games from N64, NES, SNES, Genesis, and Turbo Graphix 16 ranging from $5-$10. And this is where you can download other channels such as the Check Mii Out channel, and The Nintendo Channel. Also just recently, WiiWare came out. I have not bought anything yet but I might soon. The library for this Xbox Arcade like service will grow quickly. Also you can send VC and WiiWare games as gifts to other Wii owners. Also there will be a Virual Arcade coming soon. Check Me Out channel( downloadable for FREE)- bacically you post your Miis and see how much popularity they get. But notice that your Miis can be imported by other users so don't give away your special ones. Also there's contests where you have to make your Mii look like someone.Everyone Votes Channel ( downloadable for FREE ) here you can vote on polls. Like there may be a question "Have you ever flown in an airplane?" Yes or No would be the choices. There are nation polls, and internation polls. Online Service for games- .The online system isn't too similar or as good to Xbox Live or PSN sadly. It's much more simple and there's no as much you can do with online features, but that's what you get for FREE online play, which is very nice though (not too nice because PSN is free and 50X better!). There is a wide variety of different kinds of services, not just a find a random person service. The Wii can have some amazing features for wifi matches like 32 player battles on Medal of Honer 2. Right now Mario Kart Wii is hands down the best online game. The Conduit may take that spot. So overall, having online is pretty limited, but ok. Also you can download updates whenever you want to. Also, there's already some games that have DLC like Rock Band. Accesories- There's lots of them. It's like the Wii's an iPod or something, except 75% of them are 3rd-party crap. The most interesting one come is the wireless numchuck. And most accesories are at a bad price range. $20 for useless plastic sport add ons? BS!!! Also all those Wii Zapper like things are cool. But not the Wii Zapper itself. Final Scores-Channels-8.5/10 Online-6.8/10 Accesories-5/10 Overall for features-7.5/10 Thanks for reading!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment