Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - PS3

My thoughts on the PS3 and what feaures it has.

Chapter 1 - PS3

Chapter 1 - PS3
What I would describe this system as: amazing. I'm also amazed this system hasn't sold too well compared to the 360. But one thing I should point out, I really like this only because I've never had a system with so many features and stuff, I've always had Nintendo systems. So if you perhaps own a 360, you won't be as amazed with this.
Gameplay-So far, it's ok. The motion sensoring for this is pretty accurate. I currently have Burnout Paradise and it works fine, and it is fun with the steering. Also I don't mind it's pretty much the same as the PS2, its a nice design anyway. But I got one complaint. There's still rumble-less SIXAXIS controllers with PS3 systems I thought a solution was announced months ago!!! Also some newer games only work with motion sensoring on the DuelShock3 like Gran Turisimo 5.
Graphics-This is like OMG wow! I have a full HDTV with a HDMI connected so you can imagine how awesom it looks! But if your going to play a game with fast action on a SDTV, it's going to be hard to see, especially for Burnout. Are the graphics better than the 360? Yes, but barely. I think it could end having much better graphics in the future because the system's so powerful and developers are still pushing it to it's limits.
Features-It may be a bit confusing at first but you'll be able to navigate the menu easily If you own a PSP, you should be very familiar with the menu. Speaking of PSP, the PS3 does have PSP-PS3 connectivity like downloading games and putting on pics and music, which you can do on the PS3. Wht's really nice about putting in music on it is that you can copy songs from your CD or MP3 unlike the 360 where you can only listen to music with a MP3 plugged in. Also you can copy music from your PS3 to your MP3( I have not tryed this yet but I will soon. )
Online-Lots of stuff you can do, and registring is FREE! In the PS Store, you can download DLC, themes, demos, and full games. A lot of this stuff is actually free(excpet for full games of course). There's a pretty good selection of demos you can downlaod like Battlefield BC, Devil May Cry , and NCAA 09. Also the selection of things to download is pretty big and is growing.
As for playing online, playing games online runs pretty smoothly. I have had no freezes at all. Also for most games you can have voice chat..
Also the PS3 tells you when someone gets on/offline or has sent a message.
In the new update that is now avalible gives you access to the HOME menu while playing a game to do stuff like sending messages, which you can do on the 360. And now there's an achevement feature but with trophies, and the 360 also has achevements. So your pretty much getting most of the 360s online features but for FREE!
And another thing, he PS3 is wireless like the Wii, so you don't need a USB router. Take that Xbox!
And there is one last thing I must say that has really annoyed the crap out of me. The 40GB version can't play PS2 games. That's bull ****! And why is there a file for PS2 memory? Can someone explain this to me?
-Size Comparison. As you can see, the PS3 is freakin big!



Scores-Gameplay: 8.5/10 Graphics: 10/10 Game selection-8 Features:9/10 Online:9/10
FINAL-9/10

Is it better than the Wii? Yes, by graphics, power and features. But the Wii still wins for it's gameplay, which is the most important thing about a game.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment