Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Soulless Eyes

Nen- Okay. . .Shaina what are you going to write now. * waves hand in front of creators eyes* Uh Shaina.

Shaina- *looks up* Oh hiya. . .what happened? No one likes A Rose to Show My Love anymore. . .*starts to cry to self* what’s wrong?

Nen- They’re just to lazy to review. . .now what’s up with this story. * Shaina perks up*

Shaina- Well. . .it’s a total AU to the normal Yu-Gi-Oh world. What would happen if Seto lost the chess game and didn’t get to bring Mokuba with him is the main thing in this. I don’t own Yu-Gi-Oh, but there are a couple characters I do own. This is an actual story and not a one-shot. This first part is the Prologue.

Prologue- Game of Chess. . .Lost Brother

“ You loose,” said Gozaburo as he grabbed Seto’s wrist roughly as the ten year old tried to fight free. “ A deal is a deal.” Seto looked toward Mokuba as tears rolled down both their cheeks. Seto shouted, kicked and screamed as Gozaburo’s men carried him out of the orphanage and to the limo. Mokuba knelt on the floor as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Two months later

“ Seto,” whispers Mokuba as his steel blue eyes stare at the door. “ Seto!” A cold looking woman came in and looked at Mokuba and then turned away. Mokuba gasps as he feels a hard, but gentle touch on his shoulder. “ Who’s there?”

“ Mokuba Yagima?” asks a voice. Mokuba turns around and looks into the deep blue eyes of a girl about three years his senior. “ You’re Mokuba Yagima. . .right?” Mokuba nods as the little girl smiles. “ Come with me. . .I want you to meet someone. . .or more he wants to meet you.” Mokuba follows the girl as she walks into the lobby and straight toward a boy in a wheelchair. “ Mokuba. . .I want you to meet my brother.” Mokuba gasps as he looks at the boy throughly.

“ You. . .you. . .you look like my big brother,” gasps Mokuba as the boy in the wheelchairs eyes mist over with tears. “ What’s wrong?” The boy shakes his head as he motions to the girl. The girl nods as she takes something out of her purse. “ Who are you?”

“ Mokuba. . .tell me. . .truthfully tell me. . .where’s Seto?” asks the boy. Mokuba gasps as the boy looks at him. “ Please. . .I must. . .I must see him.”

“ I don’t know. . .he was adopted out two months ago,” says Mokuba quietly. The girl sighs as she looks at the thing in her hand. “ All I know is that the man that took him was real rich.” The girl’s fist shakes as she hands the thing to the boy. “ What’s wrong?”


“ Mokuba. . .this is important. . .can you keep a secret?” asks the girl. Mokuba nods as the girl smiles slightly to herself. “ I am. . .I mean we are. . .your brother and sister.” Mokuba gasps as the girls eyes lock onto his. “ My name is Keora and this is. . .Kanji. . .he’s got two months to live.” Mokuba gasps as tears trail down Keora’s face.

“ How did you know I was here?” asks Mokuba. Keora sighs as she points to a blond haired boy with a collie dog. “ Someone who might know where Seto is told us. . .” The dirt blond haired boy continues to look down at his shoes. “ Who is he?”

“ Joseph Wheeler,” says Keora and shrugs helplessly. “ He met someone that might be Seto, he tried to run away. . .I think Seto’s adopted father must of cheated.” Kanji nods weakly as he starts to shiver. “ Mokuba. . .come on. . .I’m getting you out of this place.” Mokuba gasps as he looks at the eight year old. “ You wanna stay in here?” Mokuba sighs and turns away and walks back toward the big room. “ Mokuba?”

“ It won’t do me any good,” says Mokuba quietly as he disappears into the room. “ I wouldn’t be able to find Seto.” Keora sighs helplessly as she turns to look at Joey.

“ Well. . .we tried,” says Keora quietly as she pushes Kanji’s wheelchair before her. “ I can’t say we didn’t try, but it just seems. . .so. . .so hopeless.” Kanji nods weakly as Keora walks over and touches Joey’s shoulder. “ Come on Wheeler. . .better take Kanji here back to the hospital and you too. . .your surgery is in a week.” Joey nods as he stands up and follows the two out of the building. “ Good bye Mokuba. . .good bye.” Keora closes her eyes weakly as she gets into a waiting limo. “ Thank you George.” Keora’s butler smiles as he looks at his young mistress.

“ So he wouldn’t come,” says George. Keora nods silently as she sits in the backseat between Joey and Kanji. “ Don’t blame yourself Ms. Keora. You told me you didn’t think he’d come.”

“ Yes. . .I know. . .but what will happen to him?” asks Keora quietly as she folds her small hands in her lap. “ He didn’t seem happy, sad or mad. . .almost zombie like.” Keora covers her mouth as she turns to look at Joey who is turning his head back and forth trying unsuccessfully to sense the zombies. “ Joey there are no zombies.” The blond sighs in relief as Keora leans her head back against the seat. “ Come on you two. . .Club Domino Central awaits.” Joey and Kanji laugh at the girls sarcasm.

“ Keora. . .sarcasm in an eight year old is not a welcome trait,” says Kanji. Keora continues to push the wheelchair wordlessly. “ What’s wrong?” Keora stops pushing as Joey stops next to her.

“ I. . .I want to go back,” says Keora. Kanji turns his head to look at her.

“ Back to where?” asks Joey as he sets his hand lightly on the smaller girls shoulder. “ Where do you want to go back too?” Keora spins around and runs toward the door. “ Keora?”


“ Don’t try and stop her Joey. You know how she is. . .she sets her mind to something and she’ll get it,” says Kanji and shakes his head. “ Do me a favor. . .take me back to my ward Joey. . .think you can handle that?” Joey nods as he sets his hand warily on the wheelchair. “ It doesn’t bite. . .I don’t think.” The dog stands at Joey’s side as he pushes the wheelchair down the corridors he had remembered. “ Stop here.” Joey stops as Kanji opens the door as Joey rolls him to his bed. “ Joey. . .promise me. . .when I die. . .that you’ll watch over Keora. Be her big brother.” Joey smiles as he reaches out for his friends outstretched hand. “ And when you two are older and if you like her as more then a friend then I give you my blessing.” Joey laughs as he takes Kanji’s hand in his own and squeezes it.

“ I promise Kanji. . .I promise,” whispers Joey as he lets go of his friends hand. “ Where did she go?” Kanji sighs slightly as he closes his eyes. “ Do you know?”

“ She’s. . .going to try and find Seto,” says Kanji quietly as he gets out of his wheelchair and slides into his bed. “ She won’t find him though. . .I know where he is. . .though you didn’t see what he looks like.” Joey nods as Kanji’s head drops onto his pillow. “ Joey. . .tell Serenity hi for me. . .she’s a special girl. . .take care of her.” Joey nods slightly as Kanji falls into a deep sleep.

“ Good night Kanji,” whispers Joey as he turns away and walks out of the door his dog at his side. “ Miracle. . .” Joey pets his dogs fur as he walks down the halls. He runs into someone and sighs to himself. “ Sorry.”

“ Is there a. . .a Kanji Yagima in here?” asks the voice. Joey nods and points down the hall.
“ Room 135.” The person nods and walks down the hall. “ He’s asleep right now. Want me to tell him anything?”

“ Just tell him. . .that an old friend came to call,” says the voice as it disappears. “ Tell him Nen came calling.” Joey nods as he hears the footsteps disappear down the hall. “ Good bye Kanji. . .good bye.” Joey sighs as he continues to walk down the hall and blinks as he hears footsteps running up behind him.

“ Joey! Joey!” shouts Keora as she runs up and latches onto his waist. “ Mokuba’s gone! He’s. . .he’s gone.” Keora breaks down into tears as she holds onto the eleven years olds waist.
“ Oh Joey. . .I lost him. . .I lost him.” Joey turns around in her grasp and wraps his arms around the younger girl.

“ It’s okay Keora. . .it’s okay,” says Joey as he holds the girl to his chest as he strokes her hair. “ Someone named Nen came and told me to say hi to Kanji for them.” Keora tenses up and Joey unwraps his arms from around her. “ What’s wrong? You’re tense all of a sudden.”

“ You sensed a ghost Joey,” says Keora quietly as she looks down at the floor. “ Nen died last year.” Joey gasps as Keora wipes the tears out of her eyes. “ I’ll find Mokuba and Seto someday. . .I don’t know when or how, but I will find them.” Joey nods as he holds her in his arms. “ You must think I’m a big baby. . .I mean until last year I didn’t even know I had brothers. . .and now I have three.” Joey shakes his head as he stands up and pulls Keora gently to her feet.

“ Keora I’m having my eyes fixed in a week I’m scared, I mean I have no clue if they will succeed in repairing my eyesight,” says Joey quietly and turns around as he feels Keora’s presence next to him.

“ Joey. . .I know this sounds strange, but the voices in my head are telling me that you’ll be just fine,” says Keora as her two tone eyes fall on his dark brown eyes that are looking away from her. “ Joey. . .remember I’m behind you all the way.” Joey nods as Keora rests her hand on his shoulder. “ Good luck Joey.” Joey smiles as Keora turns and starts to walk away.

“ Hey Keora!” shouts Joey as he turns his soulless eyes on her. “ I’ll be seeing ya.” Keora smiles to herself as she clasps a diamond shaped item to her chest. “ And for the first time I’ll actually see you.” Keora laughs as she walks down the hall. “ Be careful. . .Keora.”

“ I’ll be seeing you too Joey,” says Keora as her hair falls into her eyes. “ But I have only two months before I lose Kanji. . .not much time left. . .to make his fondest wish come true.” Keora’s blue eye shimmers in the light as she steps outside of the hospital and walks toward the park. “ Kanji. . .oh Kanji. . .” Tears trickle down Keora’s face as the cold autumn wind whips her hair around her head. “ I always did hate this time of the year. Last week in October.” Her downcast eyes follow the cracks in the pavement as she hunkers down into her ankle length blue coat. She unnoticing runs into someone. “ Oh sorry.” Keora looks up at a tri-colored hair boy with spiky hair. “ Are you alright?”

“ Yes I am,” says the boy and looks at her. “ How about you? Where are your parents?” Keora turns away and continues to walk. “ Did I say something wrong?”

“ No. . .” says Keora as she continues to walk away. “ What parents?” The boy gasps as she turns to look at him. “ I’m an orphan. . .kid.” The boy looks down at his shoes and Keora sighs. “ What about you? Shouldn’t you be at home?”

“ I’m eleven years old!” shouts the boy. Keora looks down at the ground and the boy sighs. “ Did I say something wrong?”

“ My brother’s your age. . .and he’s going to die around Christmas time,” says Keora solemnly as she looks at the boy. “ What’s your name?” The boy smiles slightly as he looks at her.
“ You do have a name don’t you?”

“ Oh. . .I’m Yugi. Yugi Motou,” says Yugi and smiles. Keora smiles slightly to herself as her hair blows in another gust of wind. “ And you?”

“ Call me Keora, Keora Yagima,” says Keora quietly as she continues to walk away. “ If you have any spare time go visit Kanji Yagima in the hospital sometime. . .he doesn’t get many visitors.”


“ So your brother’s name is Kanji,” says Yugi. Keora nods as she continues to walk away.
“ So are you both orphans?”

“ My real parents put me up for adoption, my adopted parents were murdered, I’m all that’s left of my adopted family,” says Keora quietly. Yugi blinks as Keora continues to walk away. “ See ya. . .Yugi Motou. . .if you ever meet a kid named Seto. . .lets just say I have a sixth sense about things like this. WHEN you meet a kid named Seto. . .don’t even mention me.” With that Keora disappears around as corner as Yugi continues to stare after her.

“ That girl is. . .strange,” says Yugi as he starts to walk toward the game shop. “ So. . .well strange.” Yugi shakes his head as he locks her name away in his head for later. “ Keora Yagima. . .”

“ See ya future Game King,” says Keora quietly as she stands on top of a tree branch in the park as her hair blows out around her. “ Yugi Motou. . .King of Games.” Keora jumps to the ground as her shoulders slump in defeat. “ A Blue Eyes White Dragon? Where am I supposed to get one of those cards. . .?” Keora turns and looks toward the heavens. “ Have any answers for me?” The wind blows through her hair as something glitters out across the lake. She gasps as she see’s a white-haired boy sitting on a park bench crying his eyes out. She walks around the lake quietly and sits down next to him. “ Hey. . .what’s wrong?” The boy gasps and looks at her. “ Ya look like you lost your best friend.”

“ Nothing. . .nothing,” says the boy quietly as he turns his eyes away from hers. “ Why do you care?” Keora sighs slightly as she notices a ring shaped item shimmering on his chest.

“ Because. . .in two months I’ll lose my best friend,” says Keora quietly as her hair falls into her eyes. “ My brother. . .oh why am I telling ya this?” Keora laughs slightly to herself as he looks at her oddly. “ I don’t know you and here I am spilling my soul.” The boy smiles as he looks into her eyes. “ I’m Keora Yagima. . .who are you?”

“ Ryou. . .Bakura,” says the boy and Keora smiles slightly. “ What is someone your age doing out here anyway?” Keora sighs and then gasps and stands up quickly. “ What’s wrong?”

“ Can you do me a favor?” asks Keora. Ryou shrugs as Keora eyes turn in the direction of the hospital. “ Forget about this conversation.” With that Keora gets up and runs off toward the hospital. Ryou blinks as he watches her disappear out of his sight.

“ Keora Yagima,” says Ryou quietly as he locks the girls memory away in his mind.
“ I won’t forget.”

Two Months Later

“ Kanji,” whispers Keora as she stands by her brothers ICU bed. “ Hold on.” Joey stands on the other side his eyes fixed. Yugi stands next to Keora as he stares down at his second best friend as he holds a Blue Eyes White Dragon in his left hand. “ Thank you Yugi. . .thanks so much.” Yugi smiles as Kanji opens his eyes weakly.

“ Hiya everyone. . .Yugi, Keora, and Joey,” says Kanji weakly as he reaches out for Keora’s hand. “ Hey sis. . .thanks for not running away.” Keora smiles weakly as tears roll down her cheeks. “ Hey Yug. . .what you got there?” Yugi holds out the Blue Eyes to Kanji. Kanji’s dull eyes light up in joy as he weakly takes the card from Yugi. “ Thanks Yugi. . .thanks. . .I always wanted to see one for myself.” Yugi smiles sadly at the happiness in his friends weak eyes.
“ Hey Joey. . .I’m sorry you have ta see me at my worst.” Joey just shakes his head as he takes his friends hand in his own.

“ It’s okay Kanji,” says Joey as tears roll down his cheeks. “ If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have had the courage to go through the surgery. . .and without Keora I wouldn’t have had the money. . .thanks.” Keora smiles as she turns to look at Kanji’s heart monitor. “ Hey Keora. . .you want some alone time with him?” Keora nods as Kanji hands the Blue Eyes back to Yugi.

“ Thanks Yugi,” says Kanji as Joey and Yugi leave the room. “ Take care of Keora. . . Joey.” Joey nods as he closes the door behind him. “ Keora. . .I’m so sorry. . .it’s my time.” Keora nods weakly as the diamond around her neck shimmers. “ How did you meet Yugi?”

“ I went looking for Seto and ran into Yugi,” says Keora quietly as she takes his weak hand in her own. “ Now quiet Kanji. . .don’t waste your strength.” Kanji weakly pushes himself into a sitting position as Keora’s eyes go wide.

“ Keora. . .let me hug you. . .one final time,” says Kanji. Keora climbs over the wires and wraps her arms around him and starts to sob. “ Hush little one. . .keep my memory alive.” Keora nods as she holds onto him as she hears the heart monitor start to lull. “ I’m going with the angels Keora.” Keora holds onto him tighter as Kanji’s hold on her starts to go. “ I love you. . .my sister. . .my angel.” Kanji lapses into the next world as Keora starts to sob as she holds onto his lifeless form.

“ I’m not an angel Kanji. . .” whispers Keora as she lays him back onto the bed. “ Sleep well. . .Kanji.” Keora takes something out of her pocket and places it in his hands. “ Kanji. . .Velvet Yagima.” Tears roll down Keora’s cheeks as she gets off of the bed as she looks down at the diamond around her neck. “ In memory of Kanji Velvet Yagima. . .I will never stop believing that life is a gift. Your memory shall live on Kanji.” Keora walks toward the door and bursts into tears as she looks into Joey and Yugi’s faces. “ He’s gone. . .died in my arms.” Yugi and Joey nod sadly as Keora latches onto Joey. “ He’s. . .at peace.”

“ Yes Keora. . .he is,” says Joey quietly as he holds her. “ Come on Keora. . .lets get working on his funeral.” Keora shakes her head as Joey sighs. “ He’s gone Keora. . .it’s as simple as that.”

“ I know that Joey. . .but he’s not having an normal burial,” says Keora quietly as her blue dress changes to white. (FYI- White is the color of grief when a young person dies prematurely.) Keora looks down at her shoes as she looks into Joey’s eyes. “ I’m not letting him just be buried and then forgotten.” Tears roll down Keora’s cheeks as she clutches the diamond to her chest. “ I want. . .to bury him. . .in my own customs.” Joey and Yugi blink as Keora turns away. “ Don’t question me.” They nod as she turns to look at them. “ Good bye.”

Shaina- Wow! I like the prologue. Next part will be with Seto and Mokuba meeting for the first time in 6 years.

Nen- Wow! That was emotionally. . .powered. * Shaina nods as her hair falls into her eyes* You’re getting better at emotion. . .is there going to be any yaoi in this one? * Shaina smiles to herself and shrugs* Who’s Keora going to end up with? Ryou or Joey? * Shaina smiles as her hair blows in the wind* Never mind. . .if ya read then be nice and review.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment