Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Oath

Sora has seemingly lost his memory can Riku and the others find it?

Chapter 5 - The Oath

Chapter 5 - The Oath
Clink, clink, clink...
The mail slid over his shoulders, scraping the rough leather vest underneath.
He hung his sickle, Talon, at his side and made his way to the chamber door. The hall echoed with the pounding of his steel plated boots as he marched solemnly down the empty corridor.
They took my wife...
He turned left, his shoulder-length auburn hair swirling about his neck.
...my only child...
His violet eyes watered in sorrow as dark memories flooded his mind, creatures of evil, so immense, yet so determined.
...my people.
The man continued down the hallway, pausing every now and then praying for a glimpse of life, but as far as he could see, there was no one.
He was alone.
His path led him to a pair of large oaken doors through which a chapel of immense proportions lie hidden, untouched for months. He stepped in and trodded down the aisle that led up to the altar. He remember as a child, how he would come to the church with his family running up and down the aisle with his best friends. He grimaced at the pallid whiteness of the chapels threshhold, the stained glass windows' fading colors, and the dusty mahogany altar that rested at the apex of the staircase leading up to it. He climbed them, weary and downtrodden, passed the altar, and collapsed to his knees before a large statue of Nokarion, the goddess of Hope, Peace, and Harmony. Tears rushed down his face in torrents as he prayed silently to his idol.
Dear Heavenly Mother, wherever thou art. My soil is infertile with the invisible blood of my people, whose souls hath been purloined viciously from the earth. I ask thee now to lead me in the direction of my enemies, so that I may avenge mine sallow heart. Please I pray to thee for guidance and cousel, for I am but lost in the wind with no sails to direct me. Please! Answer me here!
For several minutes, the chapel reverberated dimly with the violent sobbing that emanated from the man. When he was finished he rose to his feet and gazed, melancholy, into the face of the beautiful white marble statue.
Suddenly a light erupted before the statue, revealing within what appeared to be enormous monoliths of keys.
Syras grinned faintly, quietly thanked Nokarion, and stepped through the portal, drawing Talon from it's clasp.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sailoraqua13 on March 3, 2009, 7:14:39 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13YAY!!!! UPDATE!!! ^U^ Can't wait for the next! ^U^

NobodywithaHeart on March 4, 2009, 12:04:32 AM

NobodywithaHeart on
NobodywithaHeartSoon ^.^
Where have you been?

sailoraqua13 on March 4, 2009, 8:41:19 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Major homework and junk, no free time til now! ^U^

NobodywithaHeart on March 5, 2009, 12:04:13 AM

NobodywithaHeart on
NobodywithaHeartHaha cool ^.^

sailoraqua13 on March 5, 2009, 5:17:48 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13I know! ^U^ So, I'm just waitign to see how Ichigo will react when she finds out Larxene has her heart back! And how Riku and Sora will react! ^U^