Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The field trip

A young girl discovers that she is the main target in an evil king's plot to rule the universe.

Chapter 1 - The field trip

Chapter 1 - The field trip
Chapter 1

Kikio’s head shot up out of her pillow. She rubbed her eyes and moved her long black hair out of her face. Her alarm clock was ringing loudly on her bedside table. She reached out and pushed the off button on the top of her clock.
She pulled her comforter off and dragged herself out of her bead. She shrugged herself off and looked out her window. The sun was just rising on the horizon of Mullbrick City. She walked forward and opened the window. Immediately, the scent of moist grass and pine trees filled her nostrils. She stepped back from the windowsill and stared at her clock. The green flashing lights read 7:00am. Then her head tuned to the anime calendar hanging from her wall. Her eyes followed down the rows of crossed out dates. She smiled as she read out loud. “April 27th, the day of the big field trip.”
Kikio had been waiting for this day. When the entire 8th grade class went on a two week vacation to New York City. Kikio ran over to her closet and grabbed her school uniform. She laid the ocean blue top and skirt on top of her bead. Then she ran over to the other side of her room and grabbed her black dress shoes. As she was changing from her night were to her uniform, there was a sudden knock at the door.
“Kikio, are you awake.” Said a voice from behind the door.
“Yeah mom, I’m getting ready.” Kikio replied.
“Good. I’m making breakfast downstairs.” Her mom said as she walked down the hall.
Kikio turned back and finished buttoning her uniform top. Then she put on a pair of socks and slipped into her shoes. She ran over to the mirror and stared at her reflection,
“Good.” She said to herself. Then she picked up a brown suitcase lying near her dresser. There was a tag on it that stated her name and cell number, in case it was lost. Then she looked up on her dresser and picked up her cell phone and iPod. She placed them in a small bag, along with a magazine and a bag of potato chips, which she intended to bring along with her on the bus. Then she zipped up the bag and lifted it over her shoulder.
“All packed.” She said to herself. Then she walked over to a door on the left side of her room that connected to her own small bathroom. She scrubbed her teeth and then placed her toothbrush in a small black bag. Then she placed her toothpaste, comb, mouthwash, soap, and shampoo into the bag. She closed it up and placed it inside her suitcase. She turned off the light and shut her bathroom door. Then she ran out her bedroom door and darted down the hall towards the stairs.
She entered the kitchen to find her mother sitting at the table eating eggs.
“Morning.” Kikio said. Her mother immediately looked up and greeted her.
“Have some breakfast.” She said.
“I’ll eat on the way up.” She said. “The principal said we will be making a lot of stops for food.” He mother nodded.
“Ok, just promise me you will eat something. “She said. Kikio nodded. Her mother sat her fork down and rose from her seat. “Then let’s move out to the car, we have no time to loose.” Kikio smiled as her and her mother headed for the car

The outside was still quiet. As Kikio opened the door, she could still hear the crickets chirping in the yard. The hillside town was only just being his by the sunlight. Her mother walked over to there blue sports car and unlocked the doors. Kikio placed her suitcases in the truck and jumped into the front seat. The car pulled out of the driveway and began climbing up the hill to Mullbrick Middle School.
“I guess dad isn’t going to be here to say goodbye.” Kikio said in disappointment.
“Your father’s boss wanted him to stay late at the office last night, he said it was an emergency.” Her mother said.
“Mom, Dad’s a Banker. What kind of emergency could happen?” Kikio said. He mother smiled.
“Anyway, you father told me to tell you to have a great time and that he loves you.” Her mother continued. Kikio smiled.
“Tell him I love him too.” She said.

The car pulled into the driveway of Mullbrick Middle school. The large, three story building towered over the many houses that lay around it. Kikio’s mom parked the car beside the front door, were the teachers were already finished loading the children onto there busses. Kikio’s mom kissed her on the cheek.
“Have fun Kikio. And be safe.” She said. Kikio nodded and jumped out of the car. She walked to the trunk and pulled out her suitcase. She then walked over to the car window.
“Bye mom, I love you.” She said as her mom drove away.

Kikio walked up to the bussed and dropped her brown suitcase near a pile of luggage next to the bus. Well it wasn’t really a bus. It was more of a motor coach. Then she walked up to a teacher near one of the bus entrances. The teacher was holding a clipboard that read all names of the students attending the trip.
“Name?” the teacher asked.
“Kikio Imari.” Kikio said. The teacher scanned the list and pointer to the entrance.
“You’re just in time.” She said. Kikio jumped onto the bus and then turned to the rows of seats. The interior was mostly black with red carpet like material around the windows. The seats were thickly cushioned with soft quilted fabric. There were about fifteen rows on each side wit two seats in a row. Just as Kikio was about to find a seat, she was sidetracked by a very familiar voice.
“Miss Imari! Late as usual.” Said a loud voice. Kikio turned to see the school principal, Mr. Samisori.
“Sorry Mr. Samisori.” Kikio said
“Ha, as if I’ve never heard that before. You’re lucky that the packing took longer than expected, or we would have left you here. Now take your seat.” The principal said impatiently. Kikio turned and walked down the rows of students. Then she found an empty seat beside her friend Kirisa.
“Busted.” She said as Kikio sat down.
“Shut up.” Kikio said. Mr. Samisori then stood at the front of the bus and addressed the students.
“Students, soon we will be departing for New York.” He said. “Now this trip will be at least eight hours long, so I will have no bickering on the way up.”
“About the trip, or being stuck in this bus with you?” said a student in the front row. Mr. Samisori looked down at him with a blank look.
“Mr. Stylar, do I need to remind you that you are on this trip only because your parents begged me to let you go and I can just as easily remove you from this bus?” he said. The boy shook his head.
“No sir.” He said with an unserious tone. Kikio looked over at Kirisa.
“Samisori has been pretty hard on Zack lately.” She said.
“Yeah, he is so lucky he was even allowed on the trip.” Kirisa said. Kikio saw Zack get up and move to a seat further back from the principal. Mr. Samisori looked back at the students.
“Now as I was saying, there are a few rules you must follow on this bus.” He said. Zach chocked back a laugh. “Fist off, no student is allowed to stand up wile the bus is in motion. Second, any horseplay will be….” Mr. Samisori was thrown off balance as the bus began to move. Zack laughed hysterically as Samisori regained his balance. The principal turned to the driver and hollered at him. Kikio looked out the bus window and watched as they pulled out of the school.
“Here we go.” She said to herself.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment