Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The curse

A young girl discovers that she is the main target in an evil king's plot to rule the universe.

Chapter 2 - The curse

Chapter 2 - The curse
Chapter 2

Oblivion sat in his throne overlooking the city of Silon out of a large window. The light rain tapped the thick glass and created a distorted image of the large city. Oblivion watched the tall buildings. They’re light flicking on and off as time went by, heavy snow blanketing each roof. He looked at the large twenty-story wall that surrounded his city. Then he looked at the streets, filled with tiny black dots moving up and down, turning at each corner. Oblivion sat back sighed.
“What a marvelous city.” He said. “No democracy and no freedom. As all worlds should be.” He placed his fist on his chin and placed his hand on the glass window. “If only all worlds were like this.” Oblivion then pressed a button on his throne which made it rotate so it faced away from the window and inwards towards his massive throne room. On the metal floor in front of him was his insignia. A miniature cross with the ends fined to a point. On each side of the room were two large metal statues of what seemed to be Chinese like dragons. Their mouths open and faces pointed to the large, light blue double doors. Oblivion sat back and waved his hand in front of him. Suddenly, a dark cloud appeared in the center of the room.
“Show me the Mitsuketa.” Oblivion ordered. The cloud shifted until the center of it showed the image of a young human girl. Her hair was deep black and her eyes were the color of the sky. Oblivion smiled at the image.
“You my friend are the missing link to my plan.” He said as if he was talking to the picture. “Nine hundred years and finally my dream is becoming a reality. No longer will the human world live freely wile I rot away in this broken land.” There was a sudden knock at the door.
“Enter.” Oblivion said. The doors slowly opened and a man in a pure black cloak entered the room. His face was shrouded in black from his hood and only his chin and mouth were visible.
“Lord Oblivion” he said as he bowed slightly. “are the plans ready?”
“Indeed Shiroku.” Oblivion answered. The man named Shiroku walked deeper into the room. He looked up at the image of the Girl.
“So this is the Mitsuketa?” he asked. Oblivion nodded. Shiroku looked from the picture to his master sitting on his throne. “Now all we need to do is get her here.” He said.
“I know the plan Shiroku. I made up the plan.” He said coldly. Shiroku bowed his head.
“My apologies master. But… I am curious how we are going to get her here without drawing attention to ourselves.” Shiroku said. Oblivion chuckled.
“We do nothing.” He said. He waved his hand and the image of another person came on screen. It was what seemed like a man with all black eyes and long black hair streaking down his face to the end of his nose. Shiroku looked from the picture to his King and back to the picture.
“H… Him! How are we going to use him?” Shiroku asked in disbelief.
“Do you not trust me Shiroku?” Oblivion asked.
“Of course I do but…”
“Then do as I say!” Oblivion ordered.
“Yes Lord.” Shiroku said lowering his head. Oblivion turned his hand palm side up and a small swirl of green light began to form from his skin. Shiroku noticed that the light was becoming bigger within every second.
“Shiroku, go inform the others that the plan has begun.” Oblivion said.
“Yes Lord.” He said as he exited the room.

Kikio’s eyes shot open as she felt her friend nudge her awake.
“Hey Kikio, wake up.” Kirisa said. Kikio straitened up and rubbed her eyes.
“What… What happened?” she asked.
“You must have had a nightmare.” Kirisa said. “You kept squinting and turning your head.” Kikio looked around. She remembered the two figures discussing some plan. Then she remembered her picture showing up on some kind of cloud.
“So, what was it?” Kirisa asked.
“Were are we?” Kikio asked attempting to change the subject.
“We are almost there.” Kirisa said. “Now tell me what your dream was about.” Kikio paused for a moment.
“I… um… there was no dream.” She said. Kirisa stared at her for a moment.
“Ok.” Kirisa said. Then she turned and stared out the window. Kikio sat her head back on her armrest and kept replaying the dream in her head. Then she remembered the man named Oblivion talking about a “Mitsuketa”.
“Who is “Mitsuketa”?” she asked herself.

The bus pulled into New York around 3:00pm. Many of the students pulled down their windows and looked out onto the horizon of the long city. Kirisa pulled out a pamphlet her mother had given her. Kikio leaned over and looked at the pamphlet. Then her eyes fell on a picture of a tall building.
“What is that?” she asked Kirisa.
“The Empire State Building.” She said. Kikio then shook.
“I hope they don’t expect me to go in there.” She said
“Come on Kikio, you will have to get over your little fear of Heights some time.” Kirisa said. Kikio just shook her head. “Well how about the Statue of Liberty then?”
“Too tall.” Kikio said. Kirisa rolled her eyes. Soon the bus was driving through a long maze of buildings and restaurants. Soon the buss stopped in front of a long two story building. The structure had many windows on each side. The entrance was decorated with a golden sigh that read, “The Piers Hotel”. Mr. Samisori stood up as the bus came to a halt.
“Students, welcome to New York City. This is the hotel we are going to stay at for the next two weeks. It is a five star hotel, so try to be on your best behavior, Mr. Stylar.” Samisori looked down at the brown haired trouble maker. Zack shrugged his shoulders and Samisori rolled his eyes. “Anyway, you luggage is being unloaded onto the curb. As you exit the bus, you are to grab your belongings and enter the hotel.” And with that, Samisori let the students out row by row. As Kikio and Kirisa got off of the bus, Kikio looked from left to right. The City was full of people, vendors, cars, bikes, and of course buildings. There had to have been about twelve buildings on the same block as the hotel. The air smelled of fresh produce and fast food. Kikio turned to pick her brown suitcase and then she followed her friend Kirisa into the hotel.

The hotel Lobby was about the size of a tennis court. There was a long desk on the right side and a bunch of chairs on the left. Straight ahead of the door were two staircases that led in separate directions. In between the stairs was a Tall man wearing a black suit. He had a thin mustache, a monocle, and his smooth black hair was slicked back out of his face. Mr. Samisori led the students towards the man and they all stared at him.
“My name is Mr. Piers.” The man said. “I am the founder and owner of the Piers hotel. It has come to my attention that you children are going to spend your field trip time here in my facility. There for there are a few strict rules you are to follow.” The students groaned at the thought of hearing more rules, yet Piers just continued. “Each room accommodates two people. There is to be no male and female in the same room.”
“For reasons you cannot tell.” Zack Stylar said mocking Mr. Piers’ French accent.
“You little boy have just made my list.” Piers said. Yet Zack nodded and pretended that he was adjusting a monocle. “Now were was I… Oh yes. Each room has two beds, two dressers, a bathroom, and one television set equipped with a cable box. Each window in the hotel leads to a fire escape, and do not enter the fire escape if there is no fire.” Piers said staring at Zack.
“Good Idea.” Zack said mischievously. Piers raised and eyebrow to him and he quickly said, “Kidding, I was only Kidding.”
“Now,” Mr. Piers said. “There are to be no pets allowed in this facility, and there is a strict 10:00 curfew for those of you under 14.” Many students groaned at the rule.
“That’s Rubbish.” Zack said mocking Piers.
“That’s British, I’m French.” Piers said as a response to Zack.
“So I made a mistake, kill me.” He said in defense.
“I was considering that.” Piers said sarcastically. The students started to laugh. “Now, the stairs on the left leads to the girls’ rooms and the right is to the boys’. Your principal has your keys. Find your room and claim it.

Kikio and Kirisa stood outside of a door that read 177 on it. Kikio stuck the key in and opened the door. The inside smelt of fresh pine cones and coconuts. The wallpaper was bright red and just as Piers said, there were two beds to jetting from the wall to the left, and a TV was sitting across from them. Straight ahead were two dressers side by side and above them was a large open window.
“It’s not much.” Kirisa said. Kikio walked in to towards the dresser on the left and sat her suitcase down. Then she zipped it open and began laying her cloths next to the drawer.
“Your not wasting time, are you?” Kirisa said.
“I want to get unpacked so we can go see the city.” Kikio said. Kirisa suddenly stopped dead.
“Oh no, I forgot my stuff in the lobby!” she said.
“You’re and idiot.” Kikio said laughing.
“It’s not funny!” Kirisa said and then she sped out the door and down the hall.
Kikio turned back to her suitcase and started moving the clothes into the dresser. Then suddenly she was blinded by a quick flash of what seemed like green light. When she opened her eyes the light was gone. She looked all around the room and found nothing. Then she suddenly remembered the dream that she had. And recalled the one man having a green light very similar to the one she had just seen.
“What was that?” She asked herself.
“What was what?” Kirisa asked as she entered the room with her suitcase. Kikio stood up from her bag.
“Nothing.” She said. As she attempted to step forward, she tripped and almost fell flat on the floor. Kirisa caught her and stood her up again.
“What is up with you?” she asked. Kikio put her hand on her head “I don’t know. I suddenly have this pounding headache.” She said.
“Well maybe you should stay here and rest.” Kirisa suggested. Kikio shook her head “No I’ll be fine.” She said she turned around and tripped again. Kirisa rushed over and sat her down near her suitcase.
“New York isn’t going anywhere.” She said. “You should rest. Unless you want to fall into the street.”
“Well I guess you are right.” Kikio said. Kirisa smiled at Kikio. She turned and grabbed her disposable camera out of her suitcase.
“Aren’t you going to unpack?” Kikio asked.
“I’ll do it later.” Kirisa said. “Get some rest.” Then she exited the room closing the door behind her, reveling a large mirror hanging from it.
Kikio stood up from her suitcase and walked slowly over to one of the beds. She felt dizzy and nauseous. Her head was spinning and she could barely walk strait. As she approached the bed the flash of green light blinded her again. But this time when Kikio opened her eyes back up, there in front of her was a diamond shaped fragment of the green light.
Kikio attempted to run to the door, but a long extension trusted forward and grabbed her ankle causing her to trip. Then another extension wrapped itself around her mouth to prevent her from screaming. The light hovered towards Kikio. She was unable to stand up or scream for help. Soon the light was hovering right in front of her face. The center of the creature changed into a dark black color, and then the light phased into her body. She was on her hands and knees, unable to move. Suddenly, her hand began to change. Her fingers shortened in length and curled under her palm. She stared over at her other hand to realize that the same thing had happened to it too. A weird feeling shot up her arms, into her torso, and down to her feet. Her legs had begun to shorten until they were the same length as her arms. A strong prickly sensation covered her body. Then her uniform disappeared and was replaced with a thin layer of brown fur. Her jaw stretched out to the form of a canine muzzle and her teeth grew and sharpened. Her nose moved along with her jaw and then tuned a dark blackish color. Her ears stretched and ended in points. Then, the bottom of her spinal cord grew longer and then was covered in fur. Suddenly the sensation disappeared. The Green light extracted itself from Kikio’s Body and evaporated.
Kikio felt even dizzier than before. She had no clue what had happened to her. She searched the room for the light again and then attempted to stand up. She couldn’t. She attempted again and nothing happened. She started to panic. She could no longer feel her knees kneeling on the ground. Then she felt something moving behind her. She looked back and saw a tail swaying back and fourth. Kikio then completely spun around and stared into the mirror hanging from the front door. Her reflection was not the same. She had her long black hair and her ocean blue eyes, but she had the face and body of a thin furred wolf.
“What… What? How? When?” she stammered, surprised that she could still talk human. “This… This can’t be for real.” She said. “It is a dream.” She yelled. She stepped closer to her reflection and turned her head from side to side. “This is impossible.” She said. “It is not real.” She kept telling herself that it was a dream. Trying to calm her down. She closed her eyes and opened them back up. Yet the reflection remained the same. Just as she was about to shut her eyes again, a loud knock came from the door.
“Kikio.” Kirisa said from behind the door. Kikio heard the door unlock and then fly open. “I left my…” Kirisa stopped and looked down at the newly formed Kikio. Then she let out a loud ear piercing scream. “Get away from me!” she said as she backed up into the hall. Kikio stepped forward and attempted to say something. Yet Kirisa threw a book at her before she could talk. “HELP!” Kirisa shouted. Kikio knew that she couldn’t hang around. She darted past Kirisa and “Ran” down the long hall. Kikio stopped at the steps leading to the lobby and sighed.
“How do I…” she attempted to say as she felt someone kick her forward.
“Where is Kikio you overgrown dog?” She heard Kirisa shout as she fell headfirst down the flight of steps. Kikio regained her balance at the bottom at the steps to see almost twenty different people staring at her, including the manager Mr. Piers.
“Wolf!” shouted one of the ladies in the lobby. Suddenly a wild panic broke out in the lobby. Mr. Piers immediately ran towards her. Kikio darted towards the door. Running through many frantic people. Just as a couple entered the hotel; Kikio squeezed through the gap in the door and ran down the busy sidewalk.
Kikio darted down the sidewalks of New York, ignoring all of the screams and panicking people. She couldn’t blame them. They only know that a wolf running down a busy street isn’t a good thing. Soon she reached the edge of the city, were the water started. She looked out across the water at another city-like town. She looked around to realize the people had begun to run in every direction. She lowered her head,
“I guess this is for real.” She said to herself. Then suddenly she heard sirens coming from around a close corner. Her heart began to pound. She remembered seeing a special on TV about what they did to wild animals in the city. She looked around and found a run down warehouse on the edge of a dock. There was a crack in the door so she quickly ran for the entrance.
The inside of the warehouse was dark and musty. The only light came from the line of small windows on either side of the structure. The interior was completely empty except for a few discarded metal pieces and strips of fabric. Kikio walked deeper into the room and lay down on the cold hard floor.
“What do I do now?” she asked herself. “Will I be stuck like this forever?” Then she tucked her head into her body and fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment