Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1- In which Miss Bosso is transported to Middle Ea

A story I wrote for school about my English teacher being transported into Middle Earth. Chaos ensues.

Chapter 1 - 1- In which Miss Bosso is transported to Middle Ea

Chapter 1 - 1- In which Miss Bosso is transported to Middle Ea
Hey, people! This is a story I wrote about my teacher, Miss Bosso being transported into LOTR-world. I am Vienna, and I pop in occasionally. ^^

---------------------------
Chapter One-In which Miss Bosso is transported to Middle Earth and is aggravated by a hobbit and a narrator

As Tracey Bosso turned the last pages of the Return of the King, amused thoughts floated in the back of her mind. She knew Vienna would be pleased to hear that her teacher had finally finished reading Lord of the Rings, and she also now understood what Vienna had meant as she exalted about the massive-sized trilogy. They really were fantastic books.
When she closed the book, there were tears in her eyes. She sat there for several minutes, going over the last few paragraphs in her mind. Finally, her eyes snapped open and she hurled the book at the wall, screaming, "What a stupid ending!"
Sighing, she sat down on her bed and buried her face in her hands. The ending was seriously annoying. Irked and irritated, she lay down and fell asleep.

The next morning, when she awoke, she paused before opening her eyes. Something was different- strange. Fearing the worst, she leaped out of bed and was preparing to rush through her bedroom door, when she cried out, shocked.
She was not in her bedroom. Whipping around violently, she found that she did not recognize her surroundings at all. She ran around randomly. Suddenly, she stopped, having run past a mirror. She slowly moved to stand next to it, and when she saw what was reflected there, she nearly had a heart attack.
She was Arwen. Not willing to believe it, she grabbed the frame of the mirror desparately, shaking it violently. Suddenly, a voice came at the door.
"Arwen? Are you still abed?" Tracey's mind raced. If she was Arwen, that meant she was in Middle Earth! No, that was impossible! Middle Earth doesn't even exist! The voice came again, calling her name.
Taking a shuddering breath and vowing to get revenge on whatever was causing these hallucinations, she said weakly, "Yes?"
The door opened, and a tall man walked in. His hair was long and dark, his eyes wise, and his ears pointy. It was Elrond- Arwen's father.
Tracey half-expected him to narrow his eyes and say, "Um…. Who are you?" But he didn't. He smiled and said, "Master Baggins wishes to see you."
Her breath caught in her throat as the full force of the situation hit her. She was in Middle Earth, she was Arwen, her father was the great Elrond Halfelven, the ring had not yet been destroyed, she was Arwen, she was no longer on Earth, she was Arwen, and Master Baggins wished to see her. Okay, she thought, this is officially freaky.
As if she had just realized it, she cried, "Master Baggins? Frodo?"
"No," replied Elrond, surprised and puzzled. "You know Frodo has not yet arrived. Master Bilbo wishes to speak to you. Unless this is a problem…?"
"No, of course not," Tracey said hurriedly. "Um… send him in."
"Arwen, you know it would be more proper for you to go to meet him," he said sternly. "He is in the garden."
"Oh, of course!" Tracey said, trying to smile, but all she could manage was a hopeless grimace.
She followed Elrond out the door and into the hall. After a few minutes of trailing him through the corridors, he turned and looked at her curiously. "Do you not wish to go and meet Master Bilbo? He awaits you… in the garden."
"Oh, of course!" Tracey said a little too loudly. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I lost my head for a moment. To the garden, right, okay, to the garden I go. My apologies, Father," she finished awkwardly.
Tracey winced and hurried off, blushing furiously. She wandered aimlessly for a while, having no clue where the gardens were. Suddenly, she noticed a large glass window, overlooking a garden. Unable to believe her stroke of luck, she rushed over to it and peered through. Sure enough, there was the old Bilbo, sitting under a tree and mumbling to himself.
She found the nearest doorway and entered it, inexplicably finding herself outside, not a dozen yards from Bilbo's tree. Trying to compose herself, she called out, "Um… you wished to see me, Master Bilbo?"
He looked up and smiled, his eyes twinkling. He stood and walked over to her, before saying brightly, "Hey, Miss Bosso."
Yelling loudly, Tracey jumped backwards, clutching her chest. Bilbo looked merely amused. Finally, Tracey spoke, gasping for breath. "How did you- how- how do you know- are you- how did I- how did you-"
Bilbo cut her off, grinning annoyingly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out. But I see you've finally read Lord of the Rings."
Tracey's jaw dropped open. She mouthed wordlessly, staring at Bilbo. Finally, something clicked. "V… Vienna?" she said in disbelief. Bilbo smiled wider and Tracey yelled in frustration. "What is going on?" she demanded. "How did you- how did you do this? I want you to fix it, now!"
Bilbo- Vienna- sighed. "I'm sorry, but I can’t do that right now." He said, speaking with the annoyingly superior air that only Vienna possessed. "See, I can't bring you back until you get all the way through to the end of the story."
"What? You can't do that!"
"I'm afraid I can," Bilbo said sadly.
Neither of them spoke for several minutes. Finally, breathing deeply, Tracey said, "Fine. Just tell me how you did this… why I'm here!"
Bilbo smiled slightly. "I'll explain everything once you're done. For now, you are Arwen. You have to play the part, or… you lose."
"What do you mean, I lose?" Tracey demanded. "What happens then?"
Bilbo shrugged. "You lose."
Tracey stared at him in disbelief. "You're really not going to tell me anything until the end of the story?"
"Really."
"Really?"
"Yes."
They both fell silent. Finally, Tracey added, "Really?"
"Yes, Miss Bosso."
She threw her hands up in disbelief. "I don't believe this."
"I believe you have no choice."
"I can't believe this!"
"You seem very disbelieving. I believe you have to go rescue Frodo soon, by the way."
"What?"
"Frodo. Right about now, he is suffering the effects of the Witchking's blade. If you don't play your part and rescue him, he'll be a wraith, and Sam will have to take the ring. Nobody wants that."
"Wait a second. Arwen doesn't rescue Frodo! Glorfindel and his horse Asfaloth do."
"Yeah, but the director of the movie seemed to think Arwen should do it. Go figure."
"So… you want me to leave… now?"
"Yep."
"But where will I go, what will I do?"
"Frankly, my dear, I don't-"
"Excuse me," said the narrator's voice from nowhere. "But I believe we're supposed to keep this rated G. Just a reminder."
The disembodied voice fell silent. "Anyway," Bilbo continued, as if nothing had happened, "Just take Asfaloth, he'll know where to go. Speaking of which, he's yours in this version."
"I gathered as much. Poor Glorfindel."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Loki-tricksta on February 15, 2011, 2:03:12 PM

Loki-tricksta on
Loki-trickstayou know I was expecting just another boring transported into a story ..well story but so far it is an interesting little twist..reminds me of a choose your own adventure story I use to love..very good so far..thanks for posting...just hope the story finishes :)

Aspen on July 26, 2004, 12:27:57 PM

Aspen on
AspenI AM GOING TO COMMENT ON ALL OF THESE CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!!!