Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - 5- Which is a chapter that the author doesn't real

A story I wrote for school about my English teacher being transported into Middle Earth. Chaos ensues.

Chapter 5 - 5- Which is a chapter that the author doesn't real

Chapter 5 - 5- Which is a chapter that the author doesn't real
Chapter Five- Which is a chapter that the author doesn't really like.


That night, Tracey was sure enough of her intuition to sleep a ways away from the hobbits, so as to avoid Gollum's pouncing fury that was to occur the next morning. And sure enough, just as Tracey had predicted, the next day they met up with the shriveled little hobbit-thing that was Gollum. And indeed, he leaped with such ferocity upon the unsuspecting hobbits, groping for the Ring, that Tracey silently commended her "precognition" with some smugness.
Anyway, she watched, amused, as Gollum attempted to wrestle the Ring from Frodo's grasp, until finally Frodo pinned him on the ground, holding him at bay with Sting, his sword.
Tracey yawned and silently recited their conversation simultaneously as it happened. She watched as Sam tried to ensnare Gollum with his elvish rope, but quickly stepped forward and yanked it from his grasp, taking pity on the poor Gollum, who looked at her curiously.
She finally convinced the hobbits to allow Gollum to lead them freely and without the restraint of the rope. But Sam glared at her angrily.
"What's in your head?" he demanded. "This little monster is evil, he'll kill us."
"He's not evil!" Tracey protested. "He's just having an inner conflict!"
"There is no conflict," Sam said darkly. "You don't know the power of the dark side."
Tracey, yet again, rolled her eyes. "I don't care. As long as you leave him alone, Sam, he'll be good. Won't you, Gollum?" she added to the hunched-over little creature, who nodded earnestly.
"Yes, precious, we'll be good to Master, won't we, precious? Yes… as long as stupid, fat hobbit is good to us, right, precious?"
Sam glared at him, but did not reply. Tracey winked at Gollum, who smiled grimly.
And this was how they traveled, with Gollum making snide remarks and Tracey smirking as Sam glared angrily at both of them, and Frodo stumbling along, lost in his own little world where he either stroked the Ring or muttered incoherently to himself.
And thus they continued for nearly a month. Gollum led them to the Black Gate, which was closed, and then to the Stairs of Cirith Ungol, and all that.
One night, Tracey awoke to find Gollum sprinkling the crumbs of the last piece of bread on Sam. She knew exactly what he planned to do, and that in doing so, Frodo would think Sam was a burden, and leave him behind. But she also knew that everything would turn out fine in the end. So, with a sigh, she turned over, trying to ignore Gollum's hissing laughter behind her.
Soon after, she heard Sam's voice.
"What do you think you're doing?" he asked Gollum suspiciously. "Always sneaking around like that, it's not right."
"Why does hobbit always insult poor Smeagol?" Gollum whined. "What did Smeagol ever do to him? Sneaking!"
"Sorry," Sam sighed. "You just startled me, is all. What were you doing, anyway?"
"Sneaking," Gollum hissed seethingly.
Tracey did not move. She heard Sam speak gently to Frodo.
"Sorry to wake you, Master Frodo, but we best be moving on."
And Tracey listened further as Frodo discovered the lack of food, and then the breadcrumbs on the other hobbit.
She finally sat up as Frodo and Gollum turned to leave Sam. Nobody looked at her except Gollum, who now seemed hesitant. But he continued on, climbing up the mountain, leaving the sobbing Sam alone with Tracey, who found herself facing a decision.
Finally, she concluded that the best way to avoid danger was to stay with Sam- after all, that way, she could stay away from the giant arachnid, Shelob, that Frodo would have to fight. And after all… big spiders were freaky.
And so, in an attempt to cease the overemotional and overdramatic factors that have infiltrated the writing of this chapter, we will skip to the part where Sam and Tracey and Frodo are on Mount Doom. But first, a brief recap.
Frodo was tricked by Gollum into believing Sam had stolen the food, and so for some reason, leaves Sam and Tracey behind. Anyway, they meet up again later when Sam rescues poor pitiful Frodo from the evil orcs in the tower, who captured him after he was attacked by Shelob. Gollum fell down a mountain somewhere. And so, they journey to Mount Doom, and just as Tracey had predicted, Sam had to carry Frodo most of the way because Frodo is a wimpy… dorky… well, you get the picture.
And so there they were, on Mount Doom, standing over the fiery lava and stuff inside the mountain. Frodo walked forward to drop the Ring into the fire.
Several minutes passed. He still had not thrown in the Ring. Finally, he turned around and said in his evil voice, "No. The Ring is mine," and moved to put it on. But Tracey was prepared for this- she rushed forward and attempted to shove him into the fire.
"No!!" Sam wailed, and saved him.
"Come on, Sam!" Tracey yelled angrily, still trying to throw Frodo in, "He's a lunatic! Look at him!"
But Sam would not listen. He sobbed and stroked Frodo ("Everything will be all right, Master Frodo, you'll see!!"), and Tracey, annoyed, snatched the ring from Frodo and flung it into the fire. Just then Gollum showed up, and wailed miserably.
"NOOO!!!!" he and Frodo howled, both nearly falling into the fire in their attempts to catch it. But it was too late. The Ring was gone, the day saved.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment