Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Secret Revalations

Ash and co.are spending the weekend in Cinnabar Island & meet a kid named Derek who sweeps Misty off her feet causing Ash to get jealous , But Derek isn't who he seems,can Ash convince Misty of the truth or is she going to have to see for her self?

Chapter 5 - Secret Revalations

Chapter 5 - Secret Revalations
Here is chapter five of Hope in a Heartbreak. There probably will only be one or 2 more chapters after this one, two definitely tops depending on how much I write for the next chapter.


Narrator: Poor Ash after having to face Misty fall into another guys arms he feels as low as they get. Will a new day mean a better day or will it all go down hill from here? Well let’s find out!

The birds flew around freely chirping sweetly into the clear blue sky with a beautiful sun nestled among it. A new beautiful day hit Cinnabar Island but a certain someone didn’t feel to beautiful. Ash groggily awoke to the sound of the birds chirping and sat up in bed and stretched out. Once he regained a little bit of memory of last night, Ash fell back into bed and realized it wasn’t a dream; everything that happened last night was real. Come on Ash one more day and then you will be back on the road with your friends and aiming for that league. With the small amount of motivation he gave himself he sat back up and noticed that Brock wasn’t in his bed. He stood up, put on his robe and headed downstairs smelling the very familiar smell of Brocks homemade blueberry pancakes. Ahh just what I need Ash smiled to himself as he headed to the kitchen.

“Well look who finally woke up, good morning Sleeping Beauty.” Misty commented teasingly as Ash entered the kitchen and saw everyone eating at the table. Brock just smiled at Ash hoping that he was in a better mood this morning. Hopefully he forgot what happened and he’s in his old mood again. Ash returned the grin but then answered Misty in a rather harsh tone.

“It’s the weekend so I can sleep in as long as I want for your information.”

Ok scratch that he’s still pissed, Brock sighed.

“Jeez Ash attitude much?” answered a rather upset Misty for being talked to in such a tone. “That battle from yesterday really showed how you could be such a sore loser some times.”

“What battle are you talking about?” he asked as he looked at Brock who just pretended to cut across his neck meaning stop.

“Oh right that battle.” Ash quickly said catching Brocks drift.

“ Whatever. Anyway I planned on going shopping today because I hear they have an awesome mall and my sisters left a list of things they want me to get them so I’ll probably be gone all day. But I was thinking that you, Brock, and Derek could go do something together and do some bonding.” Misty continued back in her cheery voice. Bonding my @$$ thought Ash. There was no way in hell he was going to spend more than 10 minutes with that guy, it was bad enough he had to share a house with him and watch him kiss his best friend. Derek looked down from the newspaper and replied to Misty’s idea.

“Honey I’d love to but I’ll have to take a rain check on that one. I have a few errands I have to do so maybe Brock and Ash can go bond.” Derek replied quickly.

Everyone starred at him by calling Misty “honey” and that’s when everyone else remembered Misty and him went out yesterday.

“That’s ok baby I think those two will have fun on their own.” Misty replied feeling a little awkward calling him that.

“Oh your such a sweetheart thinking of others enjoyment sweetie.” Derek sweetly commented.

Oh god I think I’m going to hurl Ash thought to himself as he took little stabs at the pancakes Brock set in front of him. Misty just raised her eyebrow at him.

“You ok Ash?” she asked worriedly.

“ What’s it matter to you? I’m going to go head upstairs and take a shower.” He angrily answered as he got up to head upstairs leaving his plate just as it was to start with. This infuriated Misty and she couldn’t take it any longer.

“ I’m just trying to look out for you alright I don’t need you being a jerk about it I already get enough of that from my sisters.” Misty fumed as she stood up and faced him.

“Well I never asked for your help ok? Your not my mom so why don’t you go worry about your lip locking boyfriend and leave me alone!” Ash screamed at her and ran realizing he just slipped what he did on her date. Misty stood frozen in her spot realizing Ash saw her kissing Derek.

“If you don’t mind I’m going to go get ready too.” Brock quickly excused himself. Misty nodded and just sat down and stared at her glass of orange juice.

“ Don’t worry about him sweetie he’s just jealous, and sooner or later he would have found out about us right?” Derek tried to relax her. Us, I never really thought I would call us that but I guess we are a couple now Misty sadly thought as she realized that her nightmare had just began, being torn between Ash and Derek. Back upstairs Ash was mumbling to himself getting ready to take a shower. Before he entered he took one last look at his bag and there stood a pokeball. Maybe it was a bad idea to get her that, I’ll just have to return it when I get back to Pallet Ash sighed and went into the bathroom. He decided to go maybe take a walk around and see if he could catch some new Pokemon on the way. Brock entered and heard the shower rushing so decided to just leave him alone, Ash was not in the mood to be talked to and he didn’t want to upset him further and just got dressed and headed back downstairs. Ash finally made it downstairs just in time to see Misty and Derek leaving.

“ Where are you going again?” Ash asked Derek suspiciously.

“Oh me? I promised I would take my little cousin to the museum of ancient Poke Artifacts since her parents are so busy.” Derek simply answered heading out the door.

“Oh that is so sweet.” Misty replied smiling. “Well hopefully you’re in a better mood Ash. Why don’t you and Brock walk around the city?”

“Yea all right. Come on Brock maybe we can find a girl who won’t reject you before you even ask her out.” Ash laughed.

“ Hey I’m not always rejected you know! Jenny and Joy just play hard to get.” Brock replied in his girl- crazed mood.

“Lord help us.” Misty and Ash both said in unison. Before Misty left Ash grabbed her wrist and she turned back around to look at him a little confused.

“Misty I just wanted to apologize about this morning. I didn’t mean to be so harsh it’s just hard getting used to the fact that you have a boyfriend and I’m really sorry. Forgive me?” Ash asked.

“Course Ash.” Misty smiled cheerily. “We all have our moments. I gotta get going see you both for dinner.”

“Bye Misty.” Ash waved.

“So you’re feeling better about Derek now right?” Brock asked when Misty closed the door.

“Nope I don’t and that is why we are going to follow him.” Ash simply replied grabbing his jacket and headed outside.

“Are you crazy? Do you remember what happened the last time you did that?” Brock exclaimed.

“ Look,” Ash answered seriously, “ I really care about Misty and I can’t get over the fact that something isn’t right about this picture and I’m going to figure it out weither you come or not.”

“ Oh no I got to see this one.” Brock joked. Ash just let that one pass and headed toward the museum. After about 20 minutes the museum was in front of them.

“Ash I really don’t think this is a good idea. His cousin won’t be too happy hearing that 2 people were following her and her cousin around.”

“Oh this girl probably doesn’t exist he is just making it all up.”

“Why would he do that? I think your emotions are just getting in the way and are making this little scenario of yours.”

“ Derek there you are I was wondering where you were!” came a voice from around the building.

“See what I mean!” Ash exclaimed as he went to go find the source of the voice.

“Ash there are probably more than one Derek’s on this island.” Brock tried to explain while trying to convince himself.

“Sorry babe I got held up.” A second voice responded. Ash and Brock looked around the wall and were in shock. There in plain sight of them was Derek with his arms around a girl’s waist kissing her with all the passion in the world. They turned back around and stood in silence.

“When was the last time you kissed your cousin like that?” Ash asked resting his case.

“Ok you’re right he is cheating on Misty ok? But what are we going to do? We have to tell Misty the truth before she gets hurt.”

“ I know we will tell her tonight and show her who that jerk really is.” Ash replied angrily. “Come on its about 4, maybe she’s back.” Ash said while heading back towards the house.

Ash kept banging on the door hoping someone was home and finally after minutes of banging on the door Misty opened the door with a confused look on her face.

“Ash, Brock what are you guys doing back so soon its only been a couple hours?” Misty asked confusedly.

“Mist there is something I need to tell you about Derek.” Ash said way to quick for understanding.

“You need to tell me what?” she asked.

“Derek isn’t who he says he is Misty he’s cheating on you!” Ash exclaimed after slowing down.

“Why would I cheat on Misty?” Derek asked walking in from the kitchen.

“Derek where did you come in from?” Asked Misty not noticing he arrived.

“I came in through the back because I went to go get more fertilizer for the plants in the back and decided to quickly take care of it now instead of later.”

“Yeah right that’s what you were doing. Misty I saw him outside the museum kissing another girl, and unless you dyed your hair from orange to blonde and back to orange in the past 2 hours then that definitely wasn’t you he was kissing. Oh shoot he saw thought Derek but he of course covered it up.

“That’s preposterous!” yelled a fake infuriated Derek. “ I would never cheat on Misty, never, I love her.” He stated strongly.

“Yeah and I’m the Queen of Jhoto ok, all that’s just lies. Mist can’t you see he is just using you! Come on Brock even saw him too cause we followed him out and-“

“Hold it Ash. You first followed us last night and you followed him today? What’s wrong with you?” asked Misty furiously.

“I was looking for the well being of my best friend thanks.” Ash replied her just as mad.

“Well I don’t need you help ok and Ash I’m only going to say this once so hear me out, I’m in love with Derek ok you are just going to have to get over that and he is a part of my life now and I want you to stop ruining our relationship. That is an order am I made clear?”

“How do you call cheating a relationship? And fine if you won’t believe me then find out yourself later I don’t care anymore! Let him go out with a skinny runt of the family girl, see if I care!” Ash fumed. Immediately he regretted it when he saw her eyes glisten with tears.

“Well fine I’m sick of being the unnoticed lackey you call a best friend! And you know what don’t expect to see me at the league because I decided to stay here with Derek because who wants to travel with a wannabe Pokemon Master anyway!” Misty yelled.

“Well fine see if I care!” Ash countered back as he ran to his room and slammed the door hard. Misty just fell onto the couch and put her head in her hands and let the tears that began to fall roll freely down her cheeks. Oh god what have I done.

“ I am going to go talk to Ash.” Brock finally spoke solemnly .

“Shh its ok baby you did the right thing. He had no right to accuse us of those things and I love you with all the love in the world and this will all work our you’ll see.” Derek comforted her.

“Yeah your right. I’m going to skip dinner is that ok? I’m not really in the mood right now I hope you understand.”

“Course sweetie go on right ahead.” He responded giving her a light peck on the lips. Misty gave a small smile and headed upstairs. That one was close Derek thought as he sat himself down on the couch and looked at the clock. Hmm 6:30 not to bad a time to call a friend of mine Derek thought with a sly grin.

Wow the beach looks really nice today with that beautiful sun reflecting on it thought Ash as he walked down the steps that led to the shore. He sat himself down and just looked out.

“Hey there Ash!” came a familiar voice.

“Hey Mist.” Responded Ash as he dropped his mouth open as she was wearing a blue tank top with black leggings underneath with her hair flowing freely in the wind. “ Um new wardrobe? Ash asked after he found his voice. “ Yeah you like, I picked it out just for you.” She said sweetly. The two just sat on the shore watching the waves hit back and forth. “Hey Mist, do you believe in love at first sight?” Ash asked quietly. “ Me? Well I think so, why do you ask?” Misty replied.” Because there is this really good friend of mine and I think I’m in..” Ash continued. “ In?” “In love with her.” He finished. “ Oh I see. Do I know her?” Ash smiled. “ Yeah you do.” “What is she like?” “ She has really pretty eyes that sparkle so much it makes the stars at night grow jealous, and her hair is so pretty and even though she tries to act tough she is really sweet and we have been through so much together. I just can’t get her out of my head!” Ash answered. “Your really think my eyes are that pretty?” Misty asked teasingly. “What? I didn’t say she was you.” Ash quickly answered nervously. “ It’s really obvious Ash I knew all along its ok.” Misty laughed while digging her hands into the warm sand. “ You…you did?” Ash asked nervously. “Yeah I did Ash.” Misty whispered getting closer to him. “ And you must be one lucky boy because I love you too.” Misty added till her face was inches away from him. Oh wow is she about to kiss me? Uh- oh what do I do? Move in Ketchum, she is yours now! All right here goes nothing. As Ash began to move closer he fell forward and got a big mouthful of sand. When he sat back up and spit out the remains of sand from his mouth with disgust he looked up and saw Misty standing there laughing. “ Ha you really fell for that Ash? Me love you, yeah-good one Ketchum. I got Derek, why would I want you?” Misty asked as Derek appeared next to her and gave her a kiss. “ You’re not meant to be with me Ash just move on.” Misty responded as she headed back to the house with Derek hands intertwined leaving Ash there in misery.

“NO!” Ash screamed as he sat back up. “ Oh wow, calm down it was just a dream. No more like a nightmare, but I know now what I have to do.” Ash told himself as he quietly pulled off the covers and headed to pack up his stuff. Right when he began to move he heard Brock speak out,“ Where ya going Jenny? You sneaky girl get back here.” He spoke in his sleep and turned back over. Oh gross. Well least he’s a heavy sleeper sighed Ash as he continued to pack his things. Everything was set and the last thing to pack was the pokeball. He took it into his hand and lightly kissed it. ]Maybe she wasn’t the one after all he thought sadly as he put the ball into his bag regretfully. He quickly wrote a note and tip toed to Misty’s room to set it there. As he walked in he saw her there lying on her bed. She truly looks like an angel thought Ash as he stood next to her and pushed away a stray hair of hers that fell over her face, but what he felt was something wet. He knelt down to take a closer look and saw small tears rolling down her cheeks. He wiped them away and felt something warm go on his hand, Misty’s hand. When she felt his hand a small smile crept on her face and Ash just smiled at her but sadly removed his hand knowing he had to do what he was here for. I got to stop her suffering once and for all thought Ash as he stood back up and set on her stomach the small note he wrote.


Dear Misty,

Well probably when you get this note I’ll be long and gone from here, but not that you probably care. I wanted to wish you the best of luck on you new life and hope it’s happy for you. I decided that leaving would be best on all of us, mostly you because you don’t want to talk to me ever, so I hope this sets things right. I’ve decided to head back home so don’t expect to see me at the league, guess Gary will have to win against this year. Best of luck, and thanks for always being there for me.

Your friend,

Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town.


Ash quickly reread the note and new that his choice would hopefully make this all go away. “ See you sometime in the future Mist. I love you.” He quietly whispered as he gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked out of her room, down the stairs and out the door with his backpack on his shoulders and with a look of sadness of trying to leave behind his one true love.

Yay chapter 5 done! I was going to keep going but I think that is a good place to stop. Personally I didn’t really like this chapter or at least the beginning but it gets better. Yeah i know the whole sweetheart, honey, thing was way corny but i was sick and had writers block during that part so it was hard to figure out what to write. Well Comment and tell me what you think please!!!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Yumiko_Ying_Vinnie on January 14, 2007, 6:20:45 AM

Yumiko_Ying_Vinnie on
Yumiko_Ying_VinnieSo sad!!!!*sobs*