Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Trip To the Past

After 10 years of seperation Misty is reunited with old friends. Will she stay friends or put a certain someone in the past and keep him there? AshxMisty

Chapter 2 - A Trip To the Past

Chapter 2 - A Trip To the Past
Sorry for the long wait for chapter 2 and I’m so thankful for all you guys who reviewed and for all those who wanted this next chapter here it is! I just had a bad writers block during the whole fight flashback but the story is hopefully back on track now!


*From previous chapter*
It seemed like someone pressed the pause on the control of the world as soon as he dropped that name. Her nightmare was back. It can’t be can it?

“Ash?”

*End of flashback*


“Misty?” asked Ash after finally realizing who she really was. Misty slowly nodded her head answering his question and then realized Ash’s hands were still on her waist and she still had her arms locked around his neck, regardless of the fact that the song was over and a completely upbeat song began playing. She broke out of the dancing position, then mumbled a quick’ bye’ to Ash while looking at the ground before escaping back to her table. Misty wormed her way through the crowd of people, couples everywhere dancing and laughing, a place she normally would like to be in, but now she would rather be anywhere but here. With her table in sight she pushed her way though and went to her seat to grab her bag.

“Misty where are you going?” asked a confused Jasmine as she saw Misty silently yet furiously talking to herself and getting all her stuff together. “You know we still have 2 hours right? I know you’re a punctual person, but isn’t this pushing it?” she joked but stopped laughing when Misty gave her a glare that sent chills up her spine. “Mist what’s wrong?” she asked worried seeing a look in Misty’s eyes, a look of desperation, the want of escape, she could see her eyes brimming with light tears and her makeup beginning to run down her cheeks, but the emotion of fear, confusion, and pain dominated most.

“Jasmine I got to get out of here, I’ll explain it to you later, tell Lily I took a cab home.” Misty hurriedly said trying to get the heck out of there without catching Ash on her way out.

“Misty did some guy do something to you? Hurt you? Molest you? Because if he did he has to answer to me.” Brock said sternly turning into his old Big brother role he had when they were traveling.

“No no Brock no one hurt me I just gotta get-” But Misty was interrupted by another voice, a voice she really didn’t need to hear right now.

“Mi..Sty.” Ash panted having a harder time getting through the crowd than Misty. When he regained his breath he noticed that it was a 2 for one deal today, in one day he met up with two of his old friends. “Brock what are you doing here?”

“Ash? Man I didn’t even recognize you! Haven’t you grown up? I see you lost the hat and jacket.” Brock teased observing that Ash was now taller and a little more muscular, not the same kid Ash he traveled with 10 years ago. He still had the same messy black hair but looked older, more mature.

“It’s great to see you Brock but I’ll have catch up with you later, I need to talk to Misty.” Ash said focusing his eyes on a trembling Misty.

“Wait a minute buddy. Who are you and what do you need Misty for? You don’t even know her.” Jasmine said defensively stepping in front of Misty as if she were a barrier. Misty felt a little more relaxed knowing Jasmine would knock the living daylights out of him if he took one step closer.

“Um I’m Ash Ketchum and she happens to be one of my best friends.” He answered her a little taken back that some random girl stepped in like that. Jasmine looked to Misty a little confused.

“Wait Ash, that guy that traveled around with you on your journey the one you had a huge-” but her sentence was cut short when Misty nudged her and cut in.

“Correction. Ex-Best friend.” Misty replied moving next to Jasmine, feeling how she felt years back, that fiery girl with a temper you didn’t want to mess with.

“Misty you’re kidding me right? That was such a stupid fight I can’t believe your still holding a grudge about it.” Ash marveled. “I barely remember it.”

“Well let me refresh your memory, it was a fight you started, and a fight that separated us 10 years ago, and now look where we are now. Ash I don’t even know you anymore.” Misty countered feeling weak at the knees again from getting lost in his eyes again but she knew she could let down her guard; she had to be tough and make him realize it was his entire fault.

“Misty can we please take this outside where we can talk alone? Please.” He pleaded noticing that Jasmine seemed to shooting fire out of her eyes and burning a hole in him.

“Alright.” Misty said skeptically, giving her bag to Jasmine. As the two began heading out Jasmine quickly ran up to Misty.

“Wait Mist here you might need this in case he…” the rest Ash couldn’t hear since she whispered the rest in her ear and Misty’s eyes widened a bit. “Here take this.” She said giving her a small pepper spray bottle. Misty gave a small laugh before giving the bottle back.

“I don’t think that’s necessary.” she replied and then walked out the door with Ash behind her.
I will never understand girls. He thought to himself. Jasmine walked back to Brock.

“Hey do you wanna tell me what in the world is going on here?” she said in a frustrated tone. Brock sighed after regaining a little bit of memory of the whole fight and grabbed Jasmines hand.

“Come on Jazz, there is a lot I have to tell you.” He told her leading her back to the table.

~*~*~*~*~
The two silently crossed the street and headed over to the park in view. Both were lost in thought.
This so cannot be happening, it’s as if I just fell into my nightmare. She pinched herself to see if it was a dream.Damn. She decided to be the grownup and speak up.

“Well Ash, ya got me here, what’s on your mind?” she asked sitting herself on the bench feeling the coolness of it hit her bare legs. She rubbed her legs a bit to regain some warmth and then turned her gaze back up to Ash.

“Misty I know you are probably really mad at me but you have to hear me out. That whole fight was totally stupid and you know it, we were just both stubborn and we were young at that age, and look at us now we aren’t little kids anymore.”

“Oh so now you remember the fight?” Misty smartly remarked.

“Of course I remember it.” He said with a sigh and sat himself next to her. “There isn’t a day when I don’t.” he said quietly putting his head into his hands. Both him and Misty went back to the memory in their minds.

*Flashback 10 years ago*

“Congratulations Ash, I must say I’m honored to have lost to such a powerful trainer. And here you go Ash, here is you badge.” Commented the gym leader as she handed Ash the badge. Ash excitedly looked at his badge gleam in his hand.

“Yes we got the 7th badge!” Ash exclaimed picking up his content Pikachu and giving it a hug.

“Nice Battle Ash.” Brock said impressed as he walked up to him.

“Yeah Ash, you did awesome.” Complimented his female companion along with her trilling Togepi in her arms.

“Thanks Mist.” Ash said a little red in the face being complimented by his hidden crush but accepted the high five she gave him. The gym leader, who was an elderly woman; probably in her early 60’s, just smiled at the two.

“Ah young love. It’s such a wonderful thing.” She said with a smile

“He/She’s not my girlfriend/boyfriend.” Ash and Misty said in unison.

“Ahh hidden love yet to be confessed, even sweeter.” She said.

“Sorry he is just my best friend.” Misty tried to correct her.

“Yeah eww, why would I go out with Misty?” Ash said putting on a disgusted face even though he really would go out with her in a heartbeat. “ I think I’ll take a pass on that one.”

“Yeah.” Misty said with hurt well hidden in her voice, Ash being Ash was too dense to notice. The gym leader looked at Misty and could see the pain behind those blue eyes and sighed.

“My mistake, old age makes you think weird.” She said not taking her gaze off the redhead.

“Thanks again for the badge.” Ash said feeling uncomfortable with all the silence. “Bye!” he added as he headed out the door with his Pikachu on his shoulder and Brock behind him. Misty finally realizing she was the only one left and the gym leader just staring at her intently gave a quick smile and ran after the two who were taking the lead. God help those two. Un confessed love shouldn’t be held in forever, and they make such a lovely couple, luck to um both. The leader thought sadly as she waved goodbye to the trio.

“Well guys does this seem like an okay spot to make camp?” asked Ash looking from the map to the open area in the forest.

“Yeah it seems perfect.” Brock agreed. “Maybe now you can live on your own for 10 minutes in the wild without calling for help.” He joked setting down his backpack on the ground and stretched his arms out.

“Hardy Har Har.” Ash said sarcastically dropping his bag next to Brocks and lay down on the cool grass with his hands behind his head. He was a little surprised that he hadn’t heard a remark from Misty and knew something wasn’t right.

“You ok Mist? You haven’t said anything since we left the gym.” Ash asked Misty sitting back up and supporting himself on his hands.

“Hm? Oh me. Yeah I’m fine just a little tired I think.” She laughed nervously. “I’ll go get some firewood while Brock cooks dinner.” She offered handing Ash her Togepi.

“Here Ash could you watch Togepi for me? I’ll be right back. Ok be good for Ash.” Misty cooed to her loveable Pokemon. It trilled something and luckily only Misty understood what it said. Daddy. Misty gave it a light smile before going out to collect some wood.

“Ash you set up the sleeping bags while I cook.” Brock ordered while getting out his pan and collecting a few sticks to start a small fire while he waited for Misty.

“Alright, come on Pikachu.” Ash said as he picked up all three backpacks in one hand and tried to hold Togepi in another. He found a nice grassy spot by an old oak tree and decided that would be the best place to set up. “Here Pikachu watch Togepi for me ok?” Ash asked as he set Togepi on the floor and watched it chase after a baby Butterfree. He rolled out all the three sleeping bags, Brocks, his, and then Misty’s, and set the bags to their designated sleeping bags. After 10 minutes Misty came back with an armful of wood and dropped it by the small fire Brock was cooking over.

“Thanks Misty.” Brock said not taking his eyes off the food.

“No problem. Hey sweetie, miss me?” she sweetly asked her Togepi as she picked it up and it happily trilled being back in its mother’s arms.

“All right guys dinner is served.” Brock announced handing all of them a plate with creamy chowder inside. Everyone sat down on the two longs that sat alongside the fire and Ash greedily ate his soup while Misty moved her spoon in circles every now and then in the soup, taking small slurps to satisfy her grumbling stomach.

“Misty, you’re not eating.” Ash noticed after drinking the last drop of soup in his plate and setting it to the side.

“I’m not that hungry, I think I’m gonna turn in early if you don’t mind.” She said setting her plate on the ground so Togepi could finish it up, not that it was that empty to start with. “Night’ guys.” She said getting up from the log. “Ash could you take Togepi with you when you go to bed? Thanks.” She added before heading over to her sleeping bag.

“Sure.” Ash said with a little bit of worry. Not talking, not eating, what’s wrong with her?

Misty tossed and turned all night. ‘Yeah eww, why would I go out with Misty?’ That thought stung in her mind all through the night till she woke with a startle. The sun was starting to come out over the mountains and was reflecting itself on her face. She breathed in the soft breeze that was blowing by and hoped today would be better. By the amount of sunlight she was guessing it was about six thirty, to early for the other two to be up. Good maybe I can find a lake to swim in she thought but when she turned around one sleeping bag was empty. Where’s Ash and Pikachu? She heard a distant voice and recognized immediately that it belonged to Ash. She got up and went to go follow the source of the voice to see why Ash was up so early.

“That lady was whack wasn’t she Pikachu?” Ash laughed as he skipped a black stone across a small pond he found. His Pikachu just agreed with him even though he knew that Ash liked Misty a lot and so did Misty. Misty hid behind a bush she found nearby because she planned on jumping out and surprising him; see if he maybe would fall into the pond. Before she had the chance to jump out Ash spoke again.

“But really, can you imagine me going out with a girl like her?” he said almost as a joke skipping another pebble. Misty felt like her whole body shut down and all she could do was sit there and listen. “ I mean all she does is yell at me and fight with me. And what is with the whole tomboyish act? And that orange hair, whoa, and…” Ash kept on going but Misty didn’t hear the rest because she ran back to the camp tears rolling down her cheeks. “But that’s just what most people see of her. She really is the prettiest girl ever, with the nicest eyes, and she’s smart and the kindest you’ll find, and her hair is just what attracts me the most, next to her eyes and personality of course. She is just real and is right in front of me. But I’m too much of a coward to tell her the truth.” He said throwing a rock hard into the pond causing a huge splash to land on Pikachu. It growled fiercely and sparks began to come from its red cheeks. “Whoops sorry about that buddy, didn’t mean to throw it that hard.” He apologized. Pikachu just nodded its head accepting the apology and shook its fur to dry himself off. He then climbed up Ash’s leg up to his hat and pointed to the sky. Ash looked up and realized it was getting late and the guys would wonder where he was. He headed back to camp just in time to see Brock getting ready and Misty, cooking? Misty looked really angry too, her eyes were redder than her hair.

“Mornin’ guys.” Ash said cheerfully taking a seat on the log.

“Morning Ash.” Brock replied sitting next to him on the log.

“Morning.” Misty grumpily said stirring the eggs in the pan hard.

“Jeez someone woke up moody.” Ash said. “What crawled up you butt? Hopefully not a Caterpie.” He joked to Brock but Misty was in no laughing mood.

“You’d like that wouldn’t you.” She said in harsh tone.

“Woah Misty chill it was just a joke.” He said with a little fear.

“Sorry, my tomboyish personality doesn’t allow me to chill.” She said taking a step closer to him. Ash stood up and faced her.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“I heard you at the lake you jerk, if you hate fighting with me and being with me why do you let me travel with you huh?” she asked.

“Because you’ve been following me around for your stupid bike since the beginning of time!” he yelled at her.

“Well what would you do if all of a sudden I just left huh?” she asked him her voice growing louder.

“I’d be the happiest guy on earth!” he countered.

“Guys come on relax.” Brock said trying to stop the fight.

“Stay out of this!” they both screamed at him and he sat back down with Pikachu.

“So you want me to leave then? Fine!” she yelled grabbing her stuff and picking up her Togepi who was clutching to Pikachu and refused to let go. “Come on Togepi, time to go.” She said trying to detach her Pokemon away from Pikachu. She finally succeeded but saw the sadness in its and Pikachu’s eyes. She gave it one last look before setting it down next to Pikachu. This was the second toughest thing she had to do today. “Togepi be a good Pokemon, Brock and Pikachu will take care of you ok. I love you.” She sad sadly kissing its front spike. She got back up and faced Ash again.

“I really hope you’re happy now.” She said sadly.

“I’m happier than happier.” He said smugly since he won the battle.

“I wish I never met you!” She screamed with tears running down her face as she ran out of the forest and away from her life.

“Well good for you, just run away!” he screamed back at her as he fell to the ground crying and wishing he could just take it all back.

*End of Flashback*

Misty tried hard to not let any more tears fall down her face, she had cried enough, and she wasn’t going to cry any more, he really wasn’t worth it.

“Why’d you leave?” he asked her sadly after they both came back to reality and realized they weren’t in the forest anymore but sitting on a bench in a deserted park.

“Because you wanted me too.” She said sadly as she wiped away a tear.

“Misty, I never wanted you to leave, we both said stupid things and we didn’t mean what we said, did you?” he asked her.

“God Ash I don’t know. You got me so mad I didn’t know what to think, I still don’t!” she exclaimed standing up.

“Misty, I know right now we aren’t on the best terms but what if you stayed at my house tonight and we just go over what happened, why it did.” He asked her joining her.

“Oh right so you think I’ll just go to your house and run back to your arms and everything will be right and dandy again? Sorry Ketchum life doesn’t work that way, and maybe this friendship wasn’t meant to be.” She said sadly heading back to the party. “Now if you will excuse me I’m going to go back to my life now and you’re gonna go back to yours and forget this night.” She ordered.

“No.”

“What?” Misty said.

“I’m going to fix this Misty, you just watch me. Just please give me a chance?” he pleaded with her and she felt her self grow soft again, those eyes that always made her feel all gooey inside, that smile that sent butterflies in frenzy in her stomach. He hadn’t changed one bit, she might have to look up at him now and he got a little more muscular and his voice changed a little deeper, but he still was that kid who’s dream it was to be a Pokemon Master, the kid who was kind to everyone and saved Pokemon and lives, the kid she fell in love with all those years.

“Alright.” She wearily agreed hoping she wouldn’t regret this.

“Ok come on let’s go.” He said leading her to his car in the parking lot.

~*~*~*~*~

“Yeah Daisy I’m staying at Ash’s house tonight. Yeah that kid I traveled with.” Misty told her sister over the phone as Ash brought down a pillow and blanket and set it on the couch. Misty then turned a light crimson color and responded through gritted teeth. “Yes that guy. Bye Daisy.” She said hanging up before Daisy could go further. I regret the day I told her I liked him.

“Is it ok with your sister’s that you’re staying?” he asked her.

“Yeah it’s fine, don’t worry.” She assured him. Ash just nodded.

“Um my mom is still at that party and is most likely going to stay at Professor Oak’s house tonight so you can see her tomorrow.”

“Ok.” She said sitting on the couch shutting her eyes.

“You look tired Mist, why don’t you head upstairs? You can sleep in my room and I’ll take the couch.” He offered her. Mist. His original pet name for her and she couldn’t help but blush at him calling her that again.

“No Ash it’s your home, I’ll take the couch.” She said grabbing the pillow and blanket and spreading it out on the couch.

“No I insist, you’re the guest.” He said gently pushing her up to the beginning of the stairs. He starred at her for a bit and gave her a light kiss on the cheek. “Night’” he said turning back to the couch to go to sleep. Misty felt frozen in place. Did he just kiss me? Nah just a friendly kiss, you kiss Jazz on the cheek when you say goodbye too. Man please save yourself the drama, DO NOT fall in love with him again.

“Um Ash is it still the second door to your right?” she quickly asked.

“Yup.” He answered as he tucked himself in with a small smile. She nodded and headed up the stairs. She entered his room and it still looked how it did a few years back. She changed into her pjs quickly, opened the sheets and slid herself in. She felt the soft comforter around her, same comforter, same desk, same color, same Ash. She smiled to herself as she fell into a blissful sleep. ‘She did it again’ said one side of her mind. Yup. Agreed the other. She fell back in love with him.

YES CHAPTER 2 DONE! Sorry this one was so long, that whole flashback took up most of it. I really hope you like it I know I’m starting to like it now! Reviews and comments are gladly accepted! Thanks for reading and keep your eyes open for chapter three!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tron500 on June 18, 2007, 10:56:51 AM

Tron500 on
Tron500AWWW! So Sweet!!^^
I LUV It!!

PPhantom on June 18, 2007, 11:11:13 AM

PPhantom on
PPhantomthank you^^

Karannah on December 30, 2006, 5:41:37 AM

Karannah on
Karannahaww sweet! cant wait for #3!!!

Coolstra on December 29, 2006, 2:57:00 PM

Coolstra on
CoolstraAwww! So sweet! I can't wait for the next chappie!